FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-20 23:31:28-04:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"TV Girlie" <gotta_watch_tvdontwantspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:giBya.62425$fr6.3729366@twister.southeast.rr.com... > This ng has been mentioned in all the articles that have been written lately > about the end of the series (I read one on CNN today mentioning how there > are legions of fans devoted to this show and how this ng is one of the > busiest on Usenet). > > I'm mostly a lurker, so I'm not an actively known poster here, but I do read > posts here everyday. Now that there will be no new shows to discuss, no > need for supposing what will happen next season ... ahh, well... what's > next? Discuss or revisit old episodes. What's great about Buffy is that sometimes you can get more enjoyment out of it after multiple viewings. And for the next several months, a lot of S7 in retrospect. Of course, the traffic will still be a fraction of what it is now. Arnold Kim

2003-05-21 00:35:05-04:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - ("G. M. Lupo" <deaconblues@steelyspam.org>)

"TV Girlie" <gotta_watch_tvdontwantspam@hotmail.com> wrote... : This ng has been mentioned in all the articles that have been written lately : about the end of the series (I read one on CNN today mentioning how there : are legions of fans devoted to this show and how this ng is one of the : busiest on Usenet). : : I'm mostly a lurker, so I'm not an actively known poster here, but I do read : posts here everyday. Now that there will be no new shows to discuss, no : need for supposing what will happen next season ... ahh, well... what's : next? Well, the alt.tv.buddy-faro newsgroup is still around and that only ran for a couple of episodes. There's way more to talk about here. Matt Lupo -- G. M. Lupo a.k.a. matt at lupo dot com Up on the hill, they think I'm okay Or so they say...

[...]

2003-05-21 02:14:36+00:00 - So now what for this newsgroup? - (TV Girlie <gotta_watch_tvdontwantspam@hotmail.com>)

This ng has been mentioned in all the articles that have been written lately about the end of the series (I read one on CNN today mentioning how there are legions of fans devoted to this show and how this ng is one of the busiest on Usenet). I'm mostly a lurker, so I'm not an actively known poster here, but I do read posts here everyday. Now that there will be no new shows to discuss, no need for supposing what will happen next season ... ahh, well... what's next? I'm sure we can move on to daydreaming/fantasizing what could happen in the future... future for Buffy, Willow, Xander, Andrew, Wood, Faith, etc... until TPTB are able to make things really happen (i.e. appearances on Angel, etc). All I know is: I'll still be lurking on this site EVERYDAY and occasionally popping out to chime in. You guys ROCK! -- TV Girlie..... so completely addicted to TV it scares even ME! But, how can I say NO to my third parent? ---Kat http://www.krjones.com/

[...]

2003-05-21 02:57:45+00:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

I think it's natural that the group will start to get less and less traffic after this intial flurry from the finale is over. I know I will probably stop posting here after a couple of weeks or so(or maybe a little longer). I stopped lurking pretty quickly at the X-Files newsgroup after that show went off the air. It's the nature of the game.

2003-05-21 05:03:34+00:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - (stardreamer@mindspring.com)

In article <baertk$alm$1@bob.news.rcn.net>, kim5@erols.com says... > > >"TV Girlie" <gotta_watch_tvdontwantspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message >news:giBya.62425$fr6.3729366@twister.southeast.rr.com... >> This ng has been mentioned in all the articles that have been written >lately >> about the end of the series (I read one on CNN today mentioning how there >> are legions of fans devoted to this show and how this ng is one of the >> busiest on Usenet). >> >> I'm mostly a lurker, so I'm not an actively known poster here, but I do >read >> posts here everyday. Now that there will be no new shows to discuss, no >> need for supposing what will happen next season ... ahh, well... what's >> next? > >Discuss or revisit old episodes. What's great about Buffy is that sometimes >you can get more enjoyment out of it after multiple viewings. And for the >next several months, a lot of S7 in retrospect. > >Of course, the traffic will still be a fraction of what it is now. Which may be a blessing in disguise. I'd love to spend more time here, but this group has been *such* a time-sink that when the rest of my life gets busy, it's the first thing to be dropped. If the volume mutes down to a dull roar, I'll be able to be considerably more participatory. Celine -- Handmade jewelry at http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat "Only the powers of evil claim that doing good is boring." -- Diane Duane, _Nightfall at Algemron_

2003-05-21 05:24:03+00:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - (Aethelrede <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net>)

TV Girlie wrote in message ... >This ng has been mentioned in all the articles that have been written lately >about the end of the series (I read one on CNN today mentioning how there >are legions of fans devoted to this show and how this ng is one of the >busiest on Usenet). It was, but the thousands of daily posts a year ago have dwindled to a few hundred today > >I'm mostly a lurker, so I'm not an actively known poster here, but I do read >posts here everyday. Now that there will be no new shows to discuss, no >need for supposing what will happen next season ... ahh, well... what's >next? The rest is silence. Or worse: spam posts advertising chain-email scams and all sorts of sexual aids from penis enlargement to how to seduce women with pheromone-based cologne. And all the people who will get to see season 7 next year screeching about how they don't want to read spoilers, but won't stop reading all the posts...

2003-05-21 13:18:50-07:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - (gavalos@cctimes.com)

"TV Girlie" <gotta_watch_tvdontwantspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<giBya.62425$fr6.3729366@twister.southeast.rr.com>... > I'm mostly a lurker, so I'm not an actively known poster here, but I do read > posts here everyday. Now that there will be no new shows to discuss, no > need for supposing what will happen next season ... ahh, well... what's > next? Everyone should do what they wish, stay or go, or lurk. But perhaps the NG should at some point (perhaps in the not too distant future) take the advice its participants often gave to Whedon: EndIt -George

2003-05-21 20:28:07+00:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - (Jane Davitt <jdavitt01@rogers.com>)

George Avalos wrote: > "TV Girlie" <gotta_watch_tvdontwantspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<giBya.62425$fr6.3729366@twister.southeast.rr.com>... > > >>I'm mostly a lurker, so I'm not an actively known poster here, but I do read >>posts here everyday. Now that there will be no new shows to discuss, no >>need for supposing what will happen next season ... ahh, well... what's >>next? > > > Everyone should do what they wish, stay or go, or lurk. > > But perhaps the NG should at some point (perhaps in the not too > distant future) take the advice its participants often gave to Whedon: > > EndIt > > -George Why? The DVD's will be coming out for a few more years, new viewers will appear if the show keeps on going in repeats...If it was worth discussing by us, it'll be worth it for them too. No reason for it to end for ages. And I've got lots to say still :-) Jane -- Read my Buffy the Vampire Slayer fiction at http://members.rogers.com/jdavitt01/index.html http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=231516

2003-05-22 20:27:55-04:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On 21 May 2003 13:18:50 -0700, gavalos@cctimes.com (George Avalos) wrote: >But perhaps the NG should at some point (perhaps in the not too >distant future) take the advice its participants often gave to Whedon: > >EndIt It doesn't matter, as you well know the group will never disappear from servers. If we were to all abandon it, it would merely end up filled with ugly bullcrap spam. So rather than that occurring, why shouldn't we keep it going?

2003-05-25 19:04:16-07:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - (George Avalos <gavalos@mindspring.com>)

"Jane Davitt" <jdavitt01@rogers.com> wrote in message news:3ECBE15C.40606@rogers.com... > George Avalos wrote: > > "TV Girlie" <gotta_watch_tvdontwantspam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<giBya.62425$fr6.3729366@twister.southeast.rr.com>... > > > > > >>I'm mostly a lurker, so I'm not an actively known poster here, but I do read > >>posts here everyday. Now that there will be no new shows to discuss, no > >>need for supposing what will happen next season ... ahh, well... what's > >>next? > > > > > > Everyone should do what they wish, stay or go, or lurk. > > > > But perhaps the NG should at some point (perhaps in the not too > > distant future) take the advice its participants often gave to Whedon: > > > > EndIt > > > > -George > > Why? The DVD's will be coming out for a few more years, new viewers will > appear if the show keeps on going in repeats...If it was worth > discussing by us, it'll be worth it for them too. No reason for it to > end for ages. > > And I've got lots to say still :-) "Then go! Or stay! But do it because it is what *you* wish! (Khan Noonien Singh, "Space Seed," "Star Trek: Original Series") -George

2003-05-25 19:04:50-07:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - (George Avalos <gavalos@mindspring.com>)

"forge" <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:imqqcvskibfntghrfkvr2cl7ca5md3ir86@4ax.com... > On 21 May 2003 13:18:50 -0700, gavalos@cctimes.com (George Avalos) > wrote: > > >But perhaps the NG should at some point (perhaps in the not too > >distant future) take the advice its participants often gave to Whedon: > > > >EndIt > > It doesn't matter, as you well know the group will never disappear > from servers. If we were to all abandon it, it would merely end up > filled with ugly bullcrap spam. So rather than that occurring, why > shouldn't we keep it going? "Then go! Or stay! But do it because it is what *you* wish! (Khan Noonien Singh, "Space Seed," "Star Trek: Original Series") -George "This tale is ended. Would you know more? Or not?"

2003-05-26 13:21:38-05:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - ("Stimpson J. Cat" <house@next.tuesday>)

On Wed, 21 May 2003 02:14:36 GMT, "TV Girlie" <gotta_watch_tvdontwantspam@hotmail.com> wrote: >This ng has been mentioned in all the articles that have been written lately >about the end of the series (I read one on CNN today mentioning how there >are legions of fans devoted to this show and how this ng is one of the >busiest on Usenet). > >I'm mostly a lurker, so I'm not an actively known poster here, but I do read >posts here everyday. Now that there will be no new shows to discuss, no >need for supposing what will happen next season ... ahh, well... what's >next? > >I'm sure we can move on to daydreaming/fantasizing what could happen in the >future... future for Buffy, Willow, Xander, Andrew, Wood, Faith, etc... >until TPTB are able to make things really happen (i.e. appearances on Angel, >etc). > >All I know is: I'll still be lurking on this site EVERYDAY and occasionally >popping out to chime in. You guys ROCK! We can always have a few good old fashion hostile threads about politics and current events. Regards, Stimpson

2003-05-27 06:02:00+00:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - (dsueme@core.com)

On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:21:38 -0500, Stimpson J. Cat <house@next.tuesday> wrote: >We can always have a few good old fashion hostile threads about >politics and current events. > >Regards, Stimpson I'm glad somebody appreciates my participation! Dave When the Prime Minister spoke yesterday I thought to myself, "I hope I'll be able to give a speech like that when I grow up" - Bill Clinton, October 2, 2002 http://my.core.com/~dsueme/power%20lines%20mail.JPG

2003-05-27 10:21:55-07:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - (smaug86@yahoo.com)

"George Avalos" <gavalos@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:<barsmt$lo5$1@slb3.atl.mindspring.net>... <snip> > > Why? The DVD's will be coming out for a few more years, new viewers will > > appear if the show keeps on going in repeats...If it was worth > > discussing by us, it'll be worth it for them too. No reason for it to > > end for ages. > > > > And I've got lots to say still :-) > > "Then go! Or stay! But do it because it is what *you* wish! > > (Khan Noonien Singh, "Space Seed," "Star Trek: Original Series") You kill me, George. Responding to someone talking about a cult television phenomenon with a quote from another cult television phenomenon. Tee hee. Smaug69(Why should it end anyway? Twin Peaks has been over for 12 years and the newsgroup still has traffic)

2003-05-30 00:49:18+00:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - ("Stimpson J. Cat" <house@next.tuesday>)

On Tue, 27 May 2003 06:02:00 GMT, dsueme@core.com (David M. Sueme) wrote: >On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:21:38 -0500, Stimpson J. Cat ><house@next.tuesday> wrote: > >>We can always have a few good old fashion hostile threads about >>politics and current events. >> >>Regards, Stimpson > >I'm glad somebody appreciates my participation! > The political debates on abtvs are really good. I know this is to the dismay of many here. Personally, I try to stay away from them, but almost never succeed in doing so. It just gets so damned time consuming. You end up having to write SO much. The rest of the board is mostly just posting little notes. In the political threads the posts are more like essays. It takes alot of time to read and write them. Regards, Stimpson

2003-05-30 23:13:46-07:00 - Re: So now what for this newsgroup? - (George Avalos <gavalos@mindspring.com>)

"Smaug69" <smaug86@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5fe774aa.0305270921.13056b80@posting.google.com... > "George Avalos" <gavalos@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:<barsmt$lo5$1@slb3.atl.mindspring.net>... > > <snip> > > > > Why? The DVD's will be coming out for a few more years, new viewers will > > > appear if the show keeps on going in repeats...If it was worth > > > discussing by us, it'll be worth it for them too. No reason for it to > > > end for ages. > > > > > > And I've got lots to say still :-) > > > > "Then go! Or stay! But do it because it is what *you* wish! > > > > (Khan Noonien Singh, "Space Seed," "Star Trek: Original Series") > > You kill me, George. Responding to someone talking about a cult > television phenomenon with a quote from another cult television > phenomenon. Tee hee. Happiness is that somebody did indeed get it the little twist I put in. And it took a dragon from a third then-cult phenomenon to get it! -George