FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-16 09:23:36-04:00 - Re: Name that Key in one sentence - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

"Ken" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:BZ3xa.16211$%_3.7612906@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com... > Ok, many saw A&E's BIOGRAPHY featuring "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", and more > to the point saw a certain producer, who shall remain nameless (because we > Buffyfans are about the show, not about the personal attacks), have ... > difficulty ... explaining The Key, much to the chagrin of many Buffyfans. > > In the interest of goodity and righteotude, I think it's incumbent upon > those who are fans of the show to provide a reasonably clear brief > explanation of The Key, aka Dawn Summers. If not for unsaid producer, then > for future generations of Buffyfans: > > The Key was a mystical ball of energy that could be used to unlock the > "walls" between dimensions but, to protect it, it was turned by a group of > monks into form and memories of a 14-year-old human girl, "Dawn Summers", > who happened to be the sister of Buffy Anne Summers, aka The Slayer--with > reality warped around her so that everyone else's memories and records > matched. > > Ok, a bit clunky, but can you do better? If not for the warm glow of helping > your fellow fan of BTVS and nameless producer, then at least from the smug > superiority of being able out explain a major plot arc better than one of > the producers of the show? (Altho shirley the latter would not be the case.) > I'm not particularly interested in sparing Marti Noxon's feelings at this point. I've haven't called her a complete nit-wit and stapled a cow-chicken hat to her head for no reason. But, I try to be fair and in this instance I can't really blame Marti for not being able to eloquently explain the most outrageously stupid story Whedon ever dreamt up. However, I shall try. There are mystical objects in the Buffyverse that are able to open dimensional doorways, these objects are commonly referred to as Keys. One such Key, that had the enormous capability of simulataneously opening every dimensional doorway, was being kept hidden from an angry and unstable hell goddess. Mentally deficient Monks, who had somehow managed to conceal the Key for untold time from said goddess, decided that they could no longer do so. They concocted an elaborate and unlikely scheme to turn the Key into a living, breathing, blood relative of Buffy Summers on the half-baked notion that Buffy, who saves innocents and the world on a regular basis, would somehow be more motivated to protect this object if it was not just a flesh and blood human being, but her little sister. And so Dawn Summer's is born. -- Shannon Spike: "We're bringing Mother, of course. I think you'll like her." Druscilla: "Do you mean to eat?" > >

2003-05-16 10:54:12-04:00 - Re: Name that Key in one sentence - ("C.L. Lassiter" <seaelle@unc.edu>)

st <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote: [] > There once was a slayer named Buffy > whose job had made her quite huffy. [] > When Glory came looking > For the key that was tooken Bravo! Bravo! Almost Pulitzer Prize material. Though I'd suggest rhyming Buffy in the above with "toughie." a la "whose life was really a toughie." But you get extra credit for "tooken." cl

2003-05-16 10:54:12-04:00 - Re: Name that Key in one sentence - ("C.L. Lassiter" <seaelle@unc.edu>)

st <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote: [] > There once was a slayer named Buffy > whose job had made her quite huffy. [] > When Glory came looking > For the key that was tooken Bravo! Bravo! Almost Pulitzer Prize material. Though I'd suggest rhyming Buffy in the above with "toughie." a la "whose life was really a toughie." But you get extra credit for "tooken." cl

2003-05-16 11:30:41+00:00 - Name that Key in one sentence - (Ken <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

Ok, many saw A&E's BIOGRAPHY featuring "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", and more to the point saw a certain producer, who shall remain nameless (because we Buffyfans are about the show, not about the personal attacks), have ... difficulty ... explaining The Key, much to the chagrin of many Buffyfans. In the interest of goodity and righteotude, I think it's incumbent upon those who are fans of the show to provide a reasonably clear brief explanation of The Key, aka Dawn Summers. If not for unsaid producer, then for future generations of Buffyfans: The Key was a mystical ball of energy that could be used to unlock the "walls" between dimensions but, to protect it, it was turned by a group of monks into form and memories of a 14-year-old human girl, "Dawn Summers", who happened to be the sister of Buffy Anne Summers, aka The Slayer--with reality warped around her so that everyone else's memories and records matched. Ok, a bit clunky, but can you do better? If not for the warm glow of helping your fellow fan of BTVS and nameless producer, then at least from the smug superiority of being able out explain a major plot arc better than one of the producers of the show? (Altho shirley the latter would not be the case.) -- Ken from Chicago

2003-05-16 13:25:28-07:00 - Re: Name that Key in one sentence - (bensisco2@excite.com)

"Ken" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<BZ3xa.16211$%_3.7612906@newssrv26.news.prodigy.com>... > Ok, many saw A&E's BIOGRAPHY featuring "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", and more > to the point saw a certain producer, who shall remain nameless (because we > Buffyfans are about the show, not about the personal attacks), have ... > difficulty ... explaining The Key, much to the chagrin of many Buffyfans. > > In the interest of goodity and righteotude, I think it's incumbent upon > those who are fans of the show to provide a reasonably clear brief > explanation of The Key, aka Dawn Summers. If not for unsaid producer, then > for future generations of Buffyfans: > > The Key was a mystical ball of energy that could be used to unlock the > "walls" between dimensions but, to protect it, it was turned by a group of > monks into form and memories of a 14-year-old human girl, "Dawn Summers", > who happened to be the sister of Buffy Anne Summers, aka The Slayer--with > reality warped around her so that everyone else's memories and records > matched. > > Ok, a bit clunky, but can you do better? If not for the warm glow of helping > your fellow fan of BTVS and nameless producer, then at least from the smug > superiority of being able out explain a major plot arc better than one of > the producers of the show? (Altho shirley the latter would not be the case.) > > -- Ken from Chicago Great butt, nice chest, pretty face, soon to be legal in all 50 United States!

2003-05-16 14:40:03+00:00 - Re: Name that Key in one sentence - (Rick S <rick-sam@shaw.ca>)

"DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in news:FxKdnS8vJLz3e1mjXTWcrg@comcast.com: > Mentally deficient Monks, who had > somehow managed to conceal the Key for untold time from said goddess, > decided that they could no longer do so. Just wondering. Said Goddess may be as old as dirt, but she's only been in our dimension as long as Ben has been alive hasn't she? Or is Ben old too, I seem to remember the Queller demon being summoned long before he would normally have been born. -- Rick S. Calgary, Alberta rick-sam@shaw.ca

2003-05-17 00:57:02-07:00 - Re: Name that Key in one sentence - (Bill_ <here@there.com>)

Somehow, that Marti didn't know what key is doesn't surprise me. She was much to busy fucking up the show with her own little issues. ================ Ken wrote: > > Ok, many saw A&E's BIOGRAPHY featuring "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", and more > to the point saw a certain producer, who shall remain nameless (because we > Buffyfans are about the show, not about the personal attacks), have ... > difficulty ... explaining The Key, much to the chagrin of many Buffyfans. > > In the interest of goodity and righteotude, I think it's incumbent upon > those who are fans of the show to provide a reasonably clear brief > explanation of The Key, aka Dawn Summers. If not for unsaid producer, then > for future generations of Buffyfans: > > The Key was a mystical ball of energy that could be used to unlock the > "walls" between dimensions but, to protect it, it was turned by a group of > monks into form and memories of a 14-year-old human girl, "Dawn Summers", > who happened to be the sister of Buffy Anne Summers, aka The Slayer--with > reality warped around her so that everyone else's memories and records > matched. > > Ok, a bit clunky, but can you do better? If not for the warm glow of helping > your fellow fan of BTVS and nameless producer, then at least from the smug > superiority of being able out explain a major plot arc better than one of > the producers of the show? (Altho shirley the latter would not be the case.) > > -- Ken from Chicago

2003-05-17 01:14:38-04:00 - Re: Name that Key in one sentence - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <3EC5EB4E.504C@there.com>, Bill_ <here@there.com> wrote: > > Ken wrote: > > > > Ok, many saw A&E's BIOGRAPHY featuring "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", and more > > to the point saw a certain producer, who shall remain nameless (because we > > Buffyfans are about the show, not about the personal attacks), have ... > > difficulty ... explaining The Key, much to the chagrin of many Buffyfans. > > > > -- Ken from Chicago > > Somehow, that Marti didn't know what key is doesn't surprise me. > She was much to busy fucking up the show with her own little > issues. Somehow I find it surprising that so many of the people who call themselves fans of the show can't recognize when someone is *joking!* It's like all the people trying to figure out which episode Joss meant when he said "except for that one that sucked." -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-05-17 07:31:04+00:00 - Re: Name that Key in one sentence - (Rick S <rick-sam@shaw.ca>)

Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in news:170520030114387421%dsample@synapse.net: > In article <3EC5EB4E.504C@there.com>, Bill_ <here@there.com> wrote: >> >> Ken wrote: >> > >> > Ok, many saw A&E's BIOGRAPHY featuring "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", >> > and more to the point saw a certain producer, who shall remain >> > nameless (because we Buffyfans are about the show, not about the >> > personal attacks), have ... difficulty ... explaining The Key, >> > much to the chagrin of many Buffyfans. >> > >> > -- Ken from Chicago >> >> Somehow, that Marti didn't know what key is doesn't surprise me. >> She was much to busy fucking up the show with her own little >> issues. > > Somehow I find it surprising that so many of the people who call > themselves fans of the show can't recognize when someone is *joking!* > It's like all the people trying to figure out which episode Joss > meant when he said "except for that one that sucked." Yea, I agree. Marti was clearly playing with Dawns description and all these people think she was trying to be serious. Come on, how could she possibly NOT know. -- Rick S. Calgary, Alberta rick-sam@shaw.ca

2003-05-17 09:10:36+01:00 - Re: Name that Key in one sentence - (ChrisCrosskey <chris@crosskey.fslife.co.uk>)

"Bensisco" <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote in message news:6e2b3249.0305161225.241533c7@posting.google.com... > > Great butt, nice chest, pretty face, soon to be legal in all 50 United States! Long since in the UK (16), Austria (13) and most of the rest of Europe (12-16 is the norm over here)..... chrisc

2003-05-17 17:05:30-07:00 - Re: Name that Key in one sentence - (Bill_ <here@there.com>)

Don Sample wrote: > > In article <3EC5EB4E.504C@there.com>, Bill_ <here@there.com> wrote: > > > > Ken wrote: > > > > > > Ok, many saw A&E's BIOGRAPHY featuring "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", and more > > > to the point saw a certain producer, who shall remain nameless (because we > > > Buffyfans are about the show, not about the personal attacks), have ... > > > difficulty ... explaining The Key, much to the chagrin of many Buffyfans. > > > > > > -- Ken from Chicago > > > > Somehow, that Marti didn't know what key is doesn't surprise me. > > She was much to busy fucking up the show with her own little > > issues. > > Somehow I find it surprising that so many of the people who call > themselves fans of the show can't recognize when someone is *joking!* > It's like all the people trying to figure out which episode Joss meant > when he said "except for that one that sucked." > > -- > Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net > Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ > Quando omni flunkus moritati Marti was joking, but still doesn't surprise me that she wouldn't know since it was irrelevant to her own agenda. I.E. recently talked to Buf fans, fans of early Buf, who think show went down drain around the time Tara came on board. Wasn't Tara a Marti? They also don't like "Scooby" description, another Marti.

2003-05-21 10:07:08-04:00 - Re: Name that Key in one sentence - (David Cheatham <david@tg.creeknet.com>)

In article <3EC6CE4A.B08@there.com>, here@there.com says... > Marti was joking, but still doesn't surprise me that she wouldn't > know since it was irrelevant to her own agenda. I.E. recently > talked to Buf fans, fans of early Buf, who think show went down > drain around the time Tara came on board. Wasn't Tara a Marti? > They also don't like "Scooby" description, another Marti. What fans don't like the 'Scooby' description? That seems rather stupid, considering it's the fans that came up with it. -- Strip off the 'tg' or your email will be discarded.

2003-05-29 18:40:16+01:00 - Re: Name that Key in one sentence - (ZC TGS <private@spam.junk>)

On Sat, 17 May 2003 03:49:21 -0400, st <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote: >On Sat, 17 May 2003 07:31:04 GMT, Rick S <rick-sam@shaw.ca> wrote: > >>Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in >>news:170520030114387421%dsample@synapse.net: >> >>> In article <3EC5EB4E.504C@there.com>, Bill_ <here@there.com> wrote: >>>> >>>> Ken wrote: >>>> > >>>> > Ok, many saw A&E's BIOGRAPHY featuring "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", >>>> > and more to the point saw a certain producer, who shall remain >>>> > nameless (because we Buffyfans are about the show, not about the >>>> > personal attacks), have ... difficulty ... explaining The Key, >>>> > much to the chagrin of many Buffyfans. >>>> > >>>> > -- Ken from Chicago >>>> >>>> Somehow, that Marti didn't know what key is doesn't surprise me. >>>> She was much to busy fucking up the show with her own little >>>> issues. >>> >>> Somehow I find it surprising that so many of the people who call >>> themselves fans of the show can't recognize when someone is *joking!* >>> It's like all the people trying to figure out which episode Joss >>> meant when he said "except for that one that sucked." >> >>Yea, I agree. Marti was clearly playing with Dawns description and all >>these people think she was trying to be serious. Come on, how could she >>possibly NOT know. > > >I just saw the show, recorded it, and all this discussion made me >laugh. Of course she was joking. Its the same joke that Anya made this >season about not understanding 'the key business'. > >I mean we are talking about the 'writers/producers' of a quirky comedy >that pokes fun at itself.....duh. Yep, she was joking. I certainly saw it that way as well. Also, I don't know when this show was made, but I believe it's also on the Region 2 DVD version of Buffy Season 6, which was out a few weeks before it was shown on TV in the US.