FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-29 07:46:57+00:00 - Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Jeff Plas <jnhpNO@SPAMsbcglobal.net>)

Ok everyone, post your versions of my lists, plus any other lists you'd like to do here. I should warn you, I didn't get into buffy until recently, and this is the first season where I actually planned my tuesday nights around it. But I did go out and buy all the first three season DVDs and have watched every episode. So most of my winners are gonna come from seasons 1, 2, 3, and 7. Top 5 shows: 1. ONCE MORE WITH FEELING-in a landslide 2. GINGERBREAD-don't ask me why, but I just LOVED this episode 3. THE WISH-just cool to think "what if" 4. GRADUATION DAY, PARTS 1+2-Gonna just lump these two together here 5. THE GIFT-Just liked everything about this episode Top 5 main characters 1.XANDER-funniest guy on the show 2.WILLOW-Especially when she's evil, or kissing a girl (what can I say, I"m a guy) 3.BUFFY-Has been slipping lately 4.GILES-Can be very funny at times, and has a great voice 5.SPIKE-So much better both when good AND bad than Angel Top 5 secondary characters 1.OZ-Seth Green is hilarious 2.CORDELIA-Her and Xander made excellent sparring partners 3.FAITH-Just plain cool 4.DAWN-might be stretching the "secondary" tag, but damn she's hot 5.ANDREW-Maybe I"m just feeling some geet solidarirty Worst 5 characters 1.DRU-God I hated her 2.ANGEL-watching him die was a great moment for me 3.WESLEY-obnoxious pedophile 4.RILEY-Both from what I saw and what I've heard 5.SNYDER-Did ANYONE like this guy? Top 5 quotes 1.ANYA: All I'm saying is soulless Spike would have had me upside down and half way to happy land by now 2.WILLOW: The monkey is French? OZ: All monkeys are French. You didn't know that? 3.CORDELIA: I personally don't think it's impossible to come up with a crazier plan. OZ: We attack the Mayor with humus. Everyone looks at him. CORDELIA: I stand corrected. OZ: Just trying to keep things in perspective. (later) XANDER:Humus isn't looking so bad now. OZ: He'll never see it coming. 4.BUFFY: Uh, what do we do with the trio here? Should we burn them? WILLOW: (smiles) I brought marshmallows. Everyone gives her a look. WILLOW: Occasionally, I'm callous and strange. 5.WILLOW: Um, Buffy, this thing with Spike, it isn't true, is it? You didn't, you know, sleep with Spike? BUFFYBOT. No. I had sex with Spike. I'm sorry if it bothers you. You're my best friend. WILLOW: I am. And I always will be no matter what you do. So just this one time you just did something kinda crazy? BUFFYBOT: It wasn't one time. It was lots of times. And lots of different ways. I can make sketches. WILLOW: No! Okay, look, I just wanna help you. Let me help you. BUFFYBOT: You're my best friend. WILLOW: Yeah. Again, I really am, but... BUFFYBOT: You're recently gay. WILLOW: Um... Top 5 best seasons 1.3 2.6 3.2 4.1 5.7-could change a lot depending on where they go with this

2003-01-29 10:47:18-08:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com)

"Jeff Plas" <jnhpNO@SPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<RFLZ9.103$nh3.35652819@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>... > Ok everyone, post your versions of my lists, plus any other lists you'd like > to do here. I should warn you, I didn't get into buffy until recently, and > this is the first season where I actually planned my tuesday nights around > it. But I did go out and buy all the first three season DVDs and have > watched every episode. So most of my winners are gonna come from seasons 1, > 2, 3, and 7. > > Top 5 shows: > 1. ONCE MORE WITH FEELING-in a landslide > 2. GINGERBREAD-don't ask me why, but I just LOVED this episode You've gotta love a story about a witch trial where the girls eventually demonstrate their witching powers whilst being burned at the stake. It's a classic! > 3. THE WISH-just cool to think "what if" > 4. GRADUATION DAY, PARTS 1+2-Gonna just lump these two together here No arguments there (in that they're great episodes - I'd hesitate to say which episodes are THE BEST, though.) > 5. THE GIFT-Just liked everything about this episode Even how it doesn't make a lot of sense? Me too. > 5.SNYDER-Did ANYONE like this guy? Bah! That's the kind of woolly-headed liberal thinking that leads to being eaten. > 1.3 > 2.6 I like the high placing of season 6. Everything else in your post was crazy though. No offence!

2003-01-29 10:56:46-05:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"Hostile 17" <fuck@off.com> wrote in message news:b18hd5$goi$1@knossos.btinternet.com... > OK... you call Wesley an obnoxious paedophile, presumably because he fancied > Cordelia, yet you also say Dawn is hot. And since when is someone who > fancies an 18 year old (not to mention she was mid twenties in real life) > being a paedophile? I should also add that when he was initially attracted to her, he thought she was a teacher at the school. So it's pretty clear that, even in the series, people think Cordelia looks much older than a teenager. The lust Wesley had for her came about from physical appearance, and she looked like she was in her 20s. Arnold Kim

2003-01-29 12:28:26+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Hostile 17 <fuck@off.com>)

OK... you call Wesley an obnoxious paedophile, presumably because he fancied Cordelia, yet you also say Dawn is hot. And since when is someone who fancies an 18 year old (not to mention she was mid twenties in real life) being a paedophile? "Jeff Plas" <jnhpNO@SPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:RFLZ9.103$nh3.35652819@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com... > Ok everyone, post your versions of my lists, plus any other lists you'd like > to do here. I should warn you, I didn't get into buffy until recently, and > this is the first season where I actually planned my tuesday nights around > it. But I did go out and buy all the first three season DVDs and have > watched every episode. So most of my winners are gonna come from seasons 1, > 2, 3, and 7. > > Top 5 shows: > 1. ONCE MORE WITH FEELING-in a landslide > 2. GINGERBREAD-don't ask me why, but I just LOVED this episode > 3. THE WISH-just cool to think "what if" > 4. GRADUATION DAY, PARTS 1+2-Gonna just lump these two together here > 5. THE GIFT-Just liked everything about this episode > > Top 5 main characters > 1.XANDER-funniest guy on the show > 2.WILLOW-Especially when she's evil, or kissing a girl (what can I say, I"m > a guy) > 3.BUFFY-Has been slipping lately > 4.GILES-Can be very funny at times, and has a great voice > 5.SPIKE-So much better both when good AND bad than Angel > > Top 5 secondary characters > 1.OZ-Seth Green is hilarious > 2.CORDELIA-Her and Xander made excellent sparring partners > 3.FAITH-Just plain cool > 4.DAWN-might be stretching the "secondary" tag, but damn she's hot > 5.ANDREW-Maybe I"m just feeling some geet solidarirty > > Worst 5 characters > 1.DRU-God I hated her > 2.ANGEL-watching him die was a great moment for me > 3.WESLEY-obnoxious pedophile > 4.RILEY-Both from what I saw and what I've heard > 5.SNYDER-Did ANYONE like this guy? > > Top 5 quotes > 1.ANYA: All I'm saying is soulless Spike would have had me upside down and > half way to happy land by now > > 2.WILLOW: The monkey is French? > OZ: All monkeys are French. You didn't know that? > > 3.CORDELIA: I personally don't think it's impossible to come up with a > crazier plan. > OZ: We attack the Mayor with humus. > Everyone looks at him. > CORDELIA: I stand corrected. > OZ: Just trying to keep things in perspective. > (later) > XANDER:Humus isn't looking so bad now. > OZ: He'll never see it coming. > > 4.BUFFY: Uh, what do we do with the trio here? Should we burn them? > WILLOW: (smiles) I brought marshmallows. > Everyone gives her a look. > WILLOW: Occasionally, I'm callous and strange. > > 5.WILLOW: Um, Buffy, this thing with Spike, it isn't true, is it? You > didn't, you know, sleep with Spike? > BUFFYBOT. No. I had sex with Spike. I'm sorry if it bothers you. You're my > best friend. > WILLOW: I am. And I always will be no matter what you do. So just this one > time you just did something kinda crazy? > BUFFYBOT: It wasn't one time. It was lots of times. And lots of different > ways. I can make sketches. > WILLOW: No! Okay, look, I just wanna help you. Let me help you. > BUFFYBOT: You're my best friend. > WILLOW: Yeah. Again, I really am, but... > BUFFYBOT: You're recently gay. > WILLOW: Um... > > Top 5 best seasons > 1.3 > 2.6 > 3.2 > 4.1 > 5.7-could change a lot depending on where they go with this > > > >

2003-01-29 12:53:26-05:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <JQRZ9.6988$RZ.68086@newsfep4-win.server.ntli.net>, John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com> wrote: > "Hostile 17" <fuck@off.com> wrote in message > news:b18hd5$goi$1@knossos.btinternet.com... > > OK... you call Wesley an obnoxious paedophile, presumably because he > fancied > > Cordelia, yet you also say Dawn is hot. And since when is someone who > > fancies an 18 year old (not to mention she was mid twenties in real life) > > being a paedophile? > > > > Not mid-twenties: 28. Nearly 29 by the time they finally aired the end of > that season. Which was the whole point of the "jailbait" joke. > > John Briggs And a few eps later Giles tells Wesley �For god�s sake, man, she�s eighteen! And you have the emotional maturity of a blueberry scone. Just...have at it would you, and stop fluttering about.� -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-01-29 13:23:16-05:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Hostile 17 <hostile17@rcn.BOGUS.com>)

"Hostile 17" <fuck@off.com> wrote in message news:b18hd5$goi$1@knossos.btinternet.com... > OK... you call Wesley an obnoxious paedophile, presumably because he fancied > Cordelia, yet you also say Dawn is hot. And since when is someone who > fancies an 18 year old (not to mention she was mid twenties in real life) > being a paedophile? Dude, if yer gonna take my username, at least spell as well as I. And remember to flame somebody ...it's what I do. BTW, I agree with you. - John (being "Hostile 17" on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer for 2 years now) To reply via email, remove 'bogus' from my address. "Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind." from Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

2003-01-29 14:48:10+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

2003-01-29 22:22:49+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2003-01-29 23:18:15+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Hostile 17 <fuck@off.com>)

Uh, I guess you're talking about the way I spelt paedophile right? I spell it the correct (English) way. "Hostile 17" <hostile17@rcn.BOGUS.com> wrote in message news:b196ag$cc$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > "Hostile 17" <fuck@off.com> wrote in message > news:b18hd5$goi$1@knossos.btinternet.com... > > OK... you call Wesley an obnoxious paedophile, presumably because he > fancied > > Cordelia, yet you also say Dawn is hot. And since when is someone who > > fancies an 18 year old (not to mention she was mid twenties in real life) > > being a paedophile? > > Dude, if yer gonna take my username, at least spell as well as I. > > And remember to flame somebody ...it's what I do. > > BTW, I agree with you. > > - John (being "Hostile 17" on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer for 2 years now) > > > To reply via email, remove 'bogus' from my address. > > "Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: > "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and > "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is > mankind." > > from Deep Thoughts > by Jack Handey > >

2003-01-30 02:26:36-05:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Hostile 17 <hostile17@rcn.BOGUS.com>)

"Hostile 17" <fuck@off.com> wrote in message news:b19nfm$ntp$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > Uh, I guess you're talking about the way I spelt paedophile right? I spell > it the correct (English) way. > Whatever. But yer still stealin' my name. John To reply via email, remove 'bogus' from my address. "Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind." from Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

2003-01-30 04:38:45+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (jvbguy@aol.comnomail)

Jeff Plas" jnhpNO@SPAMsbcglobal.net wrote: >Ok everyone, post your versions of my lists, plus any other lists you'd like >to do here. I should warn you, I didn't get into buffy until recently, and >this is the first season where I actually planned my tuesday nights around >it. But I did go out and buy all the first three season DVDs and have >watched every episode. So most of my winners are gonna come from seasons 1, >2, 3, and 7. Top 5 Episodes 1. DOPPELGANGLAND 2. HUSH 3. BECOMING PART 1 4. BECOMING PART 2 5. PUPPET SHOW Honorable mentions - just some episodes I really like, off the top of my head: Once More with Feeling, Earshot, What's My Line, Triangle, Selfless, The Initiative, Bad Eggs, Ted, The Zeppo, The Pack. I think The Body had some of the best acting from everybody but it's not something I can rewatch again and again for pleasure so it is not among my favorites. Top 5 main characters 1. Willow (Seasons 1 through 5, with occasional exceptions) 2. Xander (Seasons 1 through 3, Season 7) 3. Buffy (Seasons 1 through 3) 4. Giles (Any season) 5. Cordelia (Seasons 1 through 3, obviously) Top 5 secondary characters 1. Anya (She's a main character now, but she was originally a marginal, secondary character. 2. Faith (Season 3) 3. Evil Spike (Season 2, and the one episode from Season Three) 4. Oz (Seasons 2 and 3) 5. Principal Snyder Worst 5 characters (no particular order) 1. Tara (Season 4 )- worst only because she was a fill-in character for her first two seasons. Because Willow was so meek and mousy but was also one of the big stars of the show, they had to make her new companion meeker and mousier, which meant she hardly even registered as alive. Became a marginally better character in Season Five, and was the most mature character of the whole gang in Season Six (not that that was hard - Pee Wee Herman would have been more mature than most of the Season Six characters). And, of course, just when I was beginning to really like her, they kill her off. 2. Amy - she was an okay once or twice-time character in the first few seasons. She should have stayed a rat. Helped bring Season Six down to the abyss of ennui it was for me. 3. Riley's Wife - Why didn't they just name her "Mary Sue" and be done with it? She comes in, is just the nicest, most level-headed character ever, she's beautiful, she's action-gal, she solves Willow's problems with a just a few kind words, and then leaves on a helicopter forever. Ugh. Bad writing. Good riddance, Mary Sue. 4. Adam - big overture, little show. 5. Dawn (Season 6) - her entire purpose was to be the McGuffin of Season Five, and she did so adequately. By Season Six, she had little if any purpose plus she whined constantly. I can accept her more in Season Seven, because she's behaving a little better and has even made me laugh once or twice. Top 5 quotes (or, some of my favorite quotes randomly ranked): 1. WILLOW: And I'm eating this banana - lunchtime be damned. 2. BUFFY: I think I speak for everyone here when I say "Huh?" 3. CORDELIA: Shouldn't there be different rules for her? WILLOW: Sure, in a fascist society. CORDELIA: Right! Why can't we have one of those? 4. ANYA: Can I trade in the kids for more cash? 5. THE MAYOR: We don't knock during dark rituals? Honorable mentions (possibly misquoted): XANDER: That's insane troll logic! XANDER (To Anya): You dated a troll? WILLOW: And we're what... surprised by this? BUFFY (to the Master): You have fruitpunch mouth. THE ANNOINTED ONE: I hate that girl. SPIKE: (To Buffy): Hello cutie. SPIKE - (the whole "Happy meals with legs" speech from BECOMING.) GILES: I'm having a friend over. ANYA: An orgasm friend? GILES: Yes, that is the most appalling thing you could have said. CORDELIA: You should know since you brought back that demon one time that killed that guy. GILES: Yes, do let's bring that up as often as possible. GILES: Do you like my mask? It raises the dead! Americans. XANDER (about one of Faith's exciting tales featuring, if I remember correctly, nudity and crocidiles): They should film that story and show it every Christmas. CORDELIA: Feels like home - if it's the fifties and you're a psycho. WILLOW: Slippery weasel. (Re: above - it's in the delivery.) XANDER: (To a blind Giles, upon seeing Buffy and Spike kissing) Can I be blind now too? VAMP WILLOW: Bored now. BUFFY: Raise your hand if "eeeewwww". CORDELIA: Do I horn in on your private discussions? No. Why? Because you're boring. SPIKE: He's going to kill her! (pauses, shrugs, walks away) WILLOW: Say, you guys didn't happen to do a whole bunch of drugs, did you? ANYA: (singing) When I get so worn and wrinkly that I look like David Brinkley. JOYCE: Have we met? SPIKE: You hit me with an axe once. XANDER: It's Nazi Germany and I have Playboys in my locker! ANDREW: Crime tastes funny. And lots more. Top 5 BIG BADS 1. ANGELUS 2. THE MAYOR 3. EVIL SPIKE 4. SCARY VEINY WILLOW (As opposed to Crayon-Breaky Willow) 5. THE MASTER Honorable Mention: Glory Top 2 VILLAINS, MONSTER OF THE WEEK CATEGORY 1. The Gentleman 2. Gnarl SEVERAL GREAT ONE-SHOT OR SEMI-RECURRING CHARACTERS 1. Sid the Dummy 2. The Buffybot 3. Vamp Willow 4. Clem SEVERAL CHARACTERS I REALLY MISS: 1. Cordelia 2. Joyce Summers 3. Principal Snyder Top 5 Seasons: 1. Three 2. Two 3. One 4. Five 5. Four My ranking of Season Seven cannot be done until the season is over, which leaves only Season Six off this list and makes me look like I like Season Four much more than I do. At the moment, Season Seven is firmly between Seasons Five and Four, but that could change. John B. Laurel and Hardy Central (co-founder) http://laurelandhardycentral.com

[...]

2003-01-30 07:06:01+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (napier <somebody@somewhere.com>)

Top 5 shows: 1. FOOL FOR LOVE 2. GRADUATION DAY 1+2 3. ENEMIES 4. BEWITCHED, BOTHERED AND BEWILDERED 5. THE WISH Top 5 secondary characters 1.DRU 2.MAYOR 3.SNYDER 4.GLORY 5.MR. TRICK Top 5 quotes 1.BUFFY: A vampire with a soul? Oh my god, how lame is that? 2.SPIKE: Oh, poor Watcher. Did your life pass before your eyes? Cuppa tea, cuppa tea, almost got shagged, cuppa tea? 3.CORDELIA: I'll date whoever the hell I wanna date. No matter how lame he is!. 4.WILLOW: Say! You all didn't happen to do a bunch of drugs, did ya? 5.BUFFY: Sure, we can work out after school. You know, if you're not too busy having sex with my mother! Top 5 best seasons 1.3+5 2.2+6 3.4

2003-01-30 07:34:18+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (instantimpresive@aol.com)

2003-01-30 10:18:39-08:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (smaug86@yahoo.com)

"Jeff Plas" <jnhpNO@SPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<RFLZ9.103$nh3.35652819@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>... > Ok everyone, post your versions of my lists, plus any other lists you'd like > to do here. I should warn you, I didn't get into buffy until recently, and > this is the first season where I actually planned my tuesday nights around > it. But I did go out and buy all the first three season DVDs and have > watched every episode. So most of my winners are gonna come from seasons 1, > 2, 3, and 7. > > Top 5 shows: > 1. ONCE MORE WITH FEELING-in a landslide > 2. GINGERBREAD-don't ask me why, but I just LOVED this episode > 3. THE WISH-just cool to think "what if" > 4. GRADUATION DAY, PARTS 1+2-Gonna just lump these two together here > 5. THE GIFT-Just liked everything about this episode My Top 5: OMWF Restless The Zeppo BB&B Doppelgangland > Top 5 main characters > 1.XANDER-funniest guy on the show > 2.WILLOW-Especially when she's evil, or kissing a girl (what can I say, I"m > a guy) > 3.BUFFY-Has been slipping lately > 4.GILES-Can be very funny at times, and has a great voice > 5.SPIKE-So much better both when good AND bad than Angel Well, there are only a handful of them. My list would match yours. > Top 5 secondary characters > 1.OZ-Seth Green is hilarious > 2.CORDELIA-Her and Xander made excellent sparring partners > 3.FAITH-Just plain cool > 4.DAWN-might be stretching the "secondary" tag, but damn she's hot > 5.ANDREW-Maybe I"m just feeling some geet solidarirty Mine: Oz- Cool as the other side of the pillow The Mayor- Best. Villain. Ever. Faith- Nobody wears leather pants better, IMHO. Drusilla- She's funny ha ha. Clem- He's a nice guy > Worst 5 characters > 1.DRU-God I hated her > 2.ANGEL-watching him die was a great moment for me > 3.WESLEY-obnoxious pedophile > 4.RILEY-Both from what I saw and what I've heard > 5.SNYDER-Did ANYONE like this guy? Mine: The First Evil- Lame. Boring. Tiresome. Did I say lame already? Angel- He's bloody stupid and his hair sticks up. Wesley- An extremely lame version of Giles Cordelia- Bitca from hell Scott Hope- A complete waste of screen time > Top 5 quotes I chose my favorites from the main characters. There are funnier lines in the context of exchanges and situations, but these lines can stand by themselves. My favorite Xander line: "To read makes our speaking English good." My favorite Anya line: "Well, at first it was confusing. Just the idea of computers was like, whoa, I'm eleven hundred years old. I had trouble adjusting to the idea of Lutherans." My favorite Willow line: "A doodle. I do doodle. You, too. You do doodle, too." My favorite Buffy lines: "Hey, Ken! Want to see my impression of Gandhi?" (After crushing Ken's head with a club and getting a confused "Gandhi?" from Lily) "Well, you know, if he was really pissed off." My favorite Giles line: Alright. I'll just jump into my time machine, go back to the 12th century and ask the vampires to postpone their ancient prophecy for a few days while you take in dinner and a show. My favorite Spike line: "Did your life pass before your eyes? Cup of tea, cup of tea, almost got shagged, cup of tea." Best exchange: Xander: You're considered somewhat cool. Oz: I am? Xander: Is it because you always tend to express yourself in short, non-commital sentences? Oz: Could be. > Top 5 best seasons > 1.3 > 2.6 > 3.2 > 4.1 > 5.7-could change a lot depending on where they go with this Mine: 1) 3 2) 2 3) 1 4) 4 5) 6 Smaug69

[...]

2003-01-30 14:17:45+13:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Hamish)

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:46:57 GMT, "Jeff Plas" <jnhpNO@SPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote: <snip> >Top 5 quotes <snip> 1. Bored Now - Vamp Willow

2003-01-30 16:39:21-05:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Hostile 17 <hostile17@rcn.BOGUS.com>)

"Hostile 17" <fuck@off.com> wrote in message news:b1bvnq$bne$1@knossos.btinternet.com... > Because you invented it right? Nope. Just because I have used it on this newsgroup for the last 18 months. Common newsgroup etiquette would dictate that you do as I did and run a quick search on any possible names already posting to a NG before adopting one to post with myself. But I'm gathering you're not too big on the courtesy thing...

2003-01-30 19:51:18-08:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Rwill84@msn.com)

"Jeff Plas" <jnhpNO@SPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<RFLZ9.103$nh3.35652819@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>... > Ok everyone, post your versions of my lists, plus any other lists you'd like > to do here. I should warn you, I didn't get into buffy until recently, and > this is the first season where I actually planned my tuesday nights around > it. But I did go out and buy all the first three season DVDs and have > watched every episode. So most of my winners are gonna come from seasons 1, > 2, 3, and 7. > > Top 5 shows: 1. Becoming 2 2. Passion 3. Hush 4. OMWF 5. Prophecy Girl > Top 5 main characters 1. Buffy 2. Willow 3. Giles 4. Dawn 5. Anya > Top 5 secondary characters 1. Faith 2. Spike (seas 2-3) 3. Drusilla 4. Tara 5. Wesley > Worst 5 characters 1. Adam 2. Graham 3. Sam Finn 4. Riley Finn 5. can't think of anyone else > Top 5 best seasons 1. 2 2. 5 3. 3 4. 1 5. 4

2003-01-30 19:51:23+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Hostile 17 <fuck@off.com>)

Because you invented it right? "Hostile 17" <hostile17@rcn.BOGUS.com> wrote in message news:b1aksr$kcs$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > "Hostile 17" <fuck@off.com> wrote in message > news:b19nfm$ntp$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > > Uh, I guess you're talking about the way I spelt paedophile right? I > spell > > it the correct (English) way. > > > > Whatever. But yer still stealin' my name. > > John > > To reply via email, remove 'bogus' from my address. > > "Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: > "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and > "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is > mankind." > > from Deep Thoughts > by Jack Handey > >

2003-01-30 21:59:27-05:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Hostile 17 <hostile17@rcn.BOGUS.com>)

"Hostile 17" <fuck@off.com> wrote in message news:b1c7a7$42h$1@helle.btinternet.com... > And I'm supposed to care why? > Well, at least if you're going to steal my username, at least try not to be (too) big of a fuckwad. Now all I can do is let you go with love...

2003-01-30 22:00:40+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Hostile 17 <fuck@off.com>)

And I'm supposed to care why? "Hostile 17" <hostile17@rcn.BOGUS.com> wrote in message news:b1c63i$323$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > "Hostile 17" <fuck@off.com> wrote in message > news:b1bvnq$bne$1@knossos.btinternet.com... > > Because you invented it right? > > Nope. Just because I have used it on this newsgroup for the last 18 months. > > Common newsgroup etiquette would dictate that you do as I did and run a > quick search on any possible names already posting to a NG before adopting > one to post with myself. > > But I'm gathering you're not too big on the courtesy thing... > >

2003-01-30 22:00:40+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Hostile 17 <fuck@off.com>)

And I'm supposed to care why? "Hostile 17" <hostile17@rcn.BOGUS.com> wrote in message news:b1c63i$323$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > "Hostile 17" <fuck@off.com> wrote in message > news:b1bvnq$bne$1@knossos.btinternet.com... > > Because you invented it right? > > Nope. Just because I have used it on this newsgroup for the last 18 months. > > Common newsgroup etiquette would dictate that you do as I did and run a > quick search on any possible names already posting to a NG before adopting > one to post with myself. > > But I'm gathering you're not too big on the courtesy thing... > >

2003-01-30 22:08:16+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Speaker-to-Customers <greebo@manx.net>)

Hostile 17 wrote: > "Hostile 17" wrote ... >> Because you invented it right? > > Nope. Just because I have used it on this newsgroup for the last 18 > months. > > Common newsgroup etiquette would dictate that you do as I did and run > a quick search on any possible names already posting to a NG before > adopting one to post with myself. > > But I'm gathering you're not too big on the courtesy thing... Hey, I know this! They're both Hostile 17. Paul Speaker-to-Customers

2003-01-30 22:38:36+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

"Speaker-to-Customers" <greebo@manx.net> wrote in message news:b1c7m1$1215f2$1@ID-138064.news.dfncis.de... > Hostile 17 wrote: > > "Hostile 17" wrote ... > >> Because you invented it right? > > > > Nope. Just because I have used it on this newsgroup for the last 18 > > months. > > > > Common newsgroup etiquette would dictate that you do as I did and run > > a quick search on any possible names already posting to a NG before > > adopting one to post with myself. > > > > But I'm gathering you're not too big on the courtesy thing... > > Hey, I know this! They're both Hostile 17. > It could be worse - it could be two David Chapmans! John Briggs

2003-01-30 22:38:36+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

"Speaker-to-Customers" <greebo@manx.net> wrote in message news:b1c7m1$1215f2$1@ID-138064.news.dfncis.de... > Hostile 17 wrote: > > "Hostile 17" wrote ... > >> Because you invented it right? > > > > Nope. Just because I have used it on this newsgroup for the last 18 > > months. > > > > Common newsgroup etiquette would dictate that you do as I did and run > > a quick search on any possible names already posting to a NG before > > adopting one to post with myself. > > > > But I'm gathering you're not too big on the courtesy thing... > > Hey, I know this! They're both Hostile 17. > It could be worse - it could be two David Chapmans! John Briggs

2003-01-31 02:52:19+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (James Craine <JamesCraine@Hotmail.com>)

Jeff Plas wrote: > BUFFYBOT: You're my best friend. > WILLOW: Yeah. Again, I really am, but... > BUFFYBOT: You're recently gay. > WILLOW: Um... Ok. This is the first time I have seen attention drawn to the um.... . I didn't think anything of it, what does it mean to you?

2003-01-31 10:07:58+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (AE Jabbour <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net>)

Jeff Plas <jnhpNO@spamsbcglobal.net> wrote: > Ok everyone, post your versions of my lists, plus any other lists you'd like > Ooh, I love polls. > Top 5 shows: 1. Becoming ( I count 2-part episodes as one episode) 2. Prophecy Girl 3. Anne 4. When She Was Bad 5. This Year's Girl / Who Are You? (It's tough to narrow it down to 5, obviously. Where is "Dopplegangland" or "The Wish" or "The Witch" or "Passion" or etc...? Top Ten is easy; well not easy, but easIER; top five is almost impossible.)) > Top 5 main characters 1. Buffy / Willow / Xander ( They are a unit. Sue me.) 2. Giles 3. Angel 4. Cordelia 5. Oz > Top 5 secondary characters 1. Dru 2. Joyce 3. Faith 4. Schneider / Jonathon (tie) 5. Glory > Worst 5 characters 1. Spike ( I loved him early, I hated him post-chip) 2. Anya (She changed too much) 3. Andrew (Meaningless, stupid character) 4. Warren (Meaningless, stupid character) 5. Adam > Top 5 quotes This is an impossible task. My favorite quote from all of BtVS though is: BUFFY: Giles, I'm sixteen years old. I don't want to die. > Top 5 best seasons 1. Second Season 2. Third Season 3. First Season 4. Fifth Season 5. Fourth Season -- A.E. Jabbour "IN the second century of the Christian era, the Empire of Rome comprehended the fairest part of the earth, and the most civilised portion of mankind." Edward Gibbon, "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire"

2003-01-31 11:02:22-05:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"Speaker-to-Customers" <greebo@manx.net> wrote in message news:b1c7m1$1215f2$1@ID-138064.news.dfncis.de... > Hostile 17 wrote: > > "Hostile 17" wrote ... > >> Because you invented it right? > > > > Nope. Just because I have used it on this newsgroup for the last 18 > > months. > > > > Common newsgroup etiquette would dictate that you do as I did and run > > a quick search on any possible names already posting to a NG before > > adopting one to post with myself. > > > > But I'm gathering you're not too big on the courtesy thing... > > Hey, I know this! They're both Hostile 17. No, I think one of them's a robot. Arnold Kim

2003-01-31 17:45:49+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2003-01-31 18:40:49+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (David Brewer <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk>)

Hostile 17 wrote: > > "Hostile 17" <fuck@off.com> wrote in message > news:b1c7a7$42h$1@helle.btinternet.com... > > And I'm supposed to care why? > > > > Well, at least if you're going to steal my username, at least try not to be > (too) big of a fuckwad. > > Now all I can do is let you go with love... Weren't you children given names by your mothers? -- David Brewer "The mentally disturbed do not employ the Theory of Scientific Parsimony: the most simple theory to explain a given set of facts." - P.K.Dick (from VALIS)

2003-01-31 21:06:30-05:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Hostile 17 <hostile17@rcn.BOGUS.com>)

"David Brewer" <davidbrewer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:3E3AC1D0.99189FBC@blueyonder.co.uk... > > Weren't you children given names by your mothers? > > -- > David Brewer Yeah, Dave. Actually your mother gave me a name, too. But I couldn't hear it because her mouth was full. Mind your own business, champ.

2003-02-02 10:37:45+00:00 - Re: Top 5 of everything Buffy: - (Van <vanb30@yahoo.com>)

"Jeff Plas" <jnhpNO@SPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:RFLZ9.103$nh3.35652819@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com... > Ok everyone, post your versions of my lists, plus any other lists you'd like > to do here. I should warn you, I didn't get into buffy until recently, and > this is the first season where I actually planned my tuesday nights around > it. But I did go out and buy all the first three season DVDs and have > watched every episode. So most of my winners are gonna come from seasons 1, > 2, 3, and 7. > > Top 5 shows: 1. Pangs 2. Hush 3. Doppelgangland 4. Graduation Day (1&2) [Let's just pretend this is one long episode] 5. Once More With Feeling > Top 5 main characters 1. Xander [Funny is of the good] 2. Spike [Best character when their not making him insane] 3. Giles [Who doesn't love Giles? Don't answer that ;o) ] 4. Willow [I liked her best in seasons 1-4. She was also of the funny goodness during that time.] 5. Buffy [Cause she's "Buffy", except with the Spike punching bag thing. Not so much.] > Top 5 secondary characters 1. Oz [Again with the funniness, cause I'm all about the laughter. Yeah I know he was a regular in season 3 and part of 4, but I couldn't fit him in that top 5] 2. The Mayor [The best BB as far as I'm concerned] 3. Joyce [Loved her ever since the whole ax over Spikes head thing. I know I said that I didn't like the B/S violence, but she's different. Moms can do that. Besides, she only did it once.] 4. Dru [Her insanity grew on me] 5. Jonathon [He meant well, even when he was being villain guy.] > Worst 5 characters 1. Glory [I pretty much ignored her presence throughout season 5, working my enjoyment of the shows around her. That's a sign of not liking.] 2. Adam [Just lame and silly] 3. Tara [Didn't care for the direction that the writers began to take Willow in during that time. Tara just happened to be a part of the whole Willow becoming not Willow anymore thing.] 4. Dawn [All the whining and screaming - "Get out, get out, get out!". Not nearly as annoying now though.] 5. Riley [Nothing against him really. He just didn't fit.] > Top 5 quotes/exchanges: 1. Spike: Come on now! It's telly time!... Passions is on! Timmy's down a bloody well, and if you make me miss it I'll... Giles: You'll do what, lick me to death? 2. Xander: Hey, can we come rocketing back to the part about me and my new syphilis? 3. Spike: A bear, you made a bear! Buffy: I didn't mean to. Spike: Undo it! Undo it! 4. Xander: Can I be blind too? 5. Xander: Angel was in your bedroom? Willow: Ours is a forbidden love. > Top 5 best seasons 1. 3 2. 2 3. 1 4. 4 [despite the whole Riley/Adam fiasco] 5. 5 Top 5 of the episode music: 1. "What You Feel" [episode: Once More With Feeling] 2. "How She Died" - Treble Charger [episode: Halloween - when Oz sees Willow crossing the street "Who is that girl?"] 3. "Rest in Peace" - James Marsters [episode: Once More With Feeling - the version with the sound effects of Spike disrupting the funeral] 4. "Bunnies" [episode: Once More With Feeling - part of the "I've Got a Theory" medley] 5."Stoner Love" - Superfine [episode: Teacher's Pet - song playing at the end when Buffy and Angel are talking at the Bronze] Van