FLM films - My Webpage

2003-03-20 10:32:55-08:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now... - (brando42@hotmail.com)

"Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<WYkea.10919$pK4.944823@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... > And killing Buffy? Even though I'm still hoping for a Spuffy conclusion it > wouldn't bother me at this point if Spike killed Buffy. And this is coming > from someone who thought Spike was redeemed long before the soul and had > hoped he would stay that way permanently. I think the latest spoilers from > episode 21 significantly up the chance of Spike dying in the finale(pure > speculation on my part, no spoiler). Remember Angelus' line from season 2, > "You have to love this girl to kill her"(or as close as I can recall). please use spoiler space if you intend to make reference to a spoiler... even as i type this, im trying to avoid reading (or finish reading) your post above... some of us want to live spoiler free

2003-03-20 11:46:20-08:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now...(spoilers now) - (himiko@animail.net)

Spoilers are pretty general in tone, but they are spoilers: "Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<WYkea.10919$pK4.944823@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... > And killing Buffy? Even though I'm still hoping for a Spuffy conclusion it > wouldn't bother me at this point if Spike killed Buffy. And this is coming > from someone who thought Spike was redeemed long before the soul and had > hoped he would stay that way permanently. I think the latest spoilers from > episode 21 significantly up the chance of Spike dying in the finale(pure > speculation on my part, no spoiler). Remember Angelus' line from season 2, > "You have to love this girl to kill her"(or as close as I can recall). I would mind. In fact, Spike turning evil because of what he saw would be the one ending I would not accept simply because it would be totally OOC. Spike didn't turn on Dru the many times she did the same thing. Why would he suddenly react like that? I was thrilled by the ep. 21 spoilers otherwise. Looks like we are going for a big emotional finish, which is a good thing since I've found the FE and the Ubervamps to be pretty lame. But Buffy finally choosing between Spike and Angel? That rocks. Almost any choice would make for an excellent story except the Spike turning evil one. I'm guessing Buffy tells them both good-bye on the (entirely accurate) grounds that she's nowhere near ready for a commitment. She closes the hellmouth, eliminating the need for a slayer in Sunnydale; Faith takes over world duty. Then Joyce comes back to life or Hank turns up and takes Dawn off her hands, and Buffy goes off to build a new life for herself. We'll see her from time to time on AtS or The Witch, the Vampire, and the Wardrobe-maker. himiko

2003-03-20 14:08:55-08:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now... - (velvet_eyes88@yahoo.com)

"Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<WYkea.10919$pK4.944823@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... > And killing Buffy? Even though I'm still hoping for a Spuffy conclusion it > wouldn't bother me at this point if Spike killed Buffy. And this is coming > from someone who thought Spike was redeemed long before the soul and had > hoped he would stay that way permanently. I think the latest spoilers from > episode 21 significantly up the chance of Spike dying in the finale(pure > speculation on my part, no spoiler). Remember Angelus' line from season 2, > "You have to love this girl to kill her"(or as close as I can recall). I've read the spoilers for episode 21 and I'm going to reserve my reaction until we've heard a bit more about 20 and 22. Most of the time, there are a lot of missing key info that would better explain why certain things happen. I don't think Spike will die in the finale. I also think (my guess) that our heroine is going to end up all alone. --------------------- SMG fans, support The SMG BAP (http://www.smgfan.com/bap.htm)

2003-03-20 15:03:50-05:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now... - (The Babaloughesian <me@privacy.net>)

"Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:WYkea.10919$pK4.944823@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > And killing Buffy? Wouldn't mind a bit. The only problem is getting William the Bloody Angel Clone to go sufficiently evil that he'd actually consider killing her a good day. It'd be great if they had it turn out that he could be just as evil as before even with a soul, but they don't appear to be going anywhere near that direction.

2003-03-20 15:18:14+00:00 - Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now... - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

2003-03-20 15:20:44-08:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now...(spoilers now) - (reldevik@usa.net)

himiko@animail.net (himiko) wrote in message news:<c7902983.0303201146.28c4f599@posting.google.com>... > Spoilers are pretty general in tone, but they are spoilers: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<WYkea.10919$pK4.944823@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... > > And killing Buffy? Even though I'm still hoping for a Spuffy conclusion it > > wouldn't bother me at this point if Spike killed Buffy. And this is coming > > from someone who thought Spike was redeemed long before the soul and had > > hoped he would stay that way permanently. I think the latest spoilers from > > episode 21 significantly up the chance of Spike dying in the finale(pure > > speculation on my part, no spoiler). Remember Angelus' line from season 2, > > "You have to love this girl to kill her"(or as close as I can recall). > > I would mind. In fact, Spike turning evil because of what he saw > would be the one ending I would not accept simply because it would be > totally OOC. Spike didn't turn on Dru the many times she did the same > thing. Why would he suddenly react like that? > > I was thrilled by the ep. 21 spoilers otherwise. Looks like we are > going for a big emotional finish, which is a good thing since I've > found the FE and the Ubervamps to be pretty lame. > > But Buffy finally choosing between Spike and Angel? That rocks. --Himiko, you're a tonic. You're one of just a few people who loves this plot development as much as I do. > Almost any choice would make for an excellent story except the Spike > turning evil one. --I agree; the idea of wanting Spike to go evil is incomprehensible to me. And unlikely -- it's not where his arc has been heading at all. Can people be that angry at Buffy? She needs to work through her Angel issues, and she should have a chance to do so, so that she can then turn to Spike unencumbered by Angel-longings. I don't begrudge her one kiss of greeting when Angel arrives. Clairel

[...]

2003-03-20 15:49:32+00:00 - Re: SPOILERS FOR EP 21 Who here wouldn't mind Spike - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

Chris, this was a spoiler post with no warning and a hint at spoilers in the header. Please be nice. Rose "No man is an island, entire of itself." -- John Donne

2003-03-20 18:45:17+00:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now... - (klcroxen@is06.fas.harvard.edu)

In article <WYkea.10919$pK4.944823@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, Chris Zabel wrote: >And killing Buffy? Even though I'm still hoping for a Spuffy conclusion it >wouldn't bother me at this point if Spike killed Buffy. And this is coming >from someone who thought Spike was redeemed long before the soul and had >hoped he would stay that way permanently. I think the latest spoilers from >episode 21 significantly up the chance of Spike dying in the finale(pure >speculation on my part, no spoiler). Remember Angelus' line from season 2, >"You have to love this girl to kill her"(or as close as I can recall). > > Heck, I'd settle for one mediocre day with him offing Kennedy. Alright, one better-than-average day with him croaking the entire teenage wasteland of SIT's polluting the Buffyverse and grabbing precious screen and character development time in the last few episodes of the series from those characters we've actually been interested in over the past seven years.

2003-03-20 20:24:43+00:00 - Re: SPOILERS FOR EP 21 Who here wouldn't mind Spike - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

"Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message news:20030320104932.09623.00000174@mb-da.aol.com... > Chris, this was a spoiler post with no warning and a hint at spoilers in the > header. Please be nice. spoiler space ahead... I think my post was sufficiently vague enough that an unspoiled person would have very little idea what I was talking about. Even knowing my general sympathies with certain characters I don't think someone clueless about the spoilers for episode 21 could really figure out what happens based on what I said or even eliminate any possibilities. What I threw out was general speculation mostly that applies to however the final episodes go. There are no spoilers yet to my knowledge indicating Spike goes and kills Buffy. But if spoiler sensitive people take umbrage at my lack of warning I'm sorry and will be more careful in the future.

2003-03-20 20:40:37+00:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now...(spoilers now) - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

"himiko" <himiko@animail.net> wrote in message news:c7902983.0303201146.28c4f599@posting.google.com... > Spoilers are pretty general in tone, but they are spoilers: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<WYkea.10919$pK4.944823@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... > > And killing Buffy? Even though I'm still hoping for a Spuffy conclusion it > > wouldn't bother me at this point if Spike killed Buffy. And this is coming > > from someone who thought Spike was redeemed long before the soul and had > > hoped he would stay that way permanently. I think the latest spoilers from > > episode 21 significantly up the chance of Spike dying in the finale(pure > > speculation on my part, no spoiler). Remember Angelus' line from season 2, > > "You have to love this girl to kill her"(or as close as I can recall). > > I would mind. In fact, Spike turning evil because of what he saw > would be the one ending I would not accept simply because it would be > totally OOC. Spike didn't turn on Dru the many times she did the same > thing. Why would he suddenly react like that? > > I was thrilled by the ep. 21 spoilers otherwise. Looks like we are > going for a big emotional finish, which is a good thing since I've > found the FE and the Ubervamps to be pretty lame. > > But Buffy finally choosing between Spike and Angel? That rocks. > Almost any choice would make for an excellent story except the Spike > turning evil one. > > I'm guessing Buffy tells them both good-bye on the (entirely accurate) > grounds that she's nowhere near ready for a commitment. She closes > the hellmouth, eliminating the need for a slayer in Sunnydale; Faith > takes over world duty. Then Joyce comes back to life or Hank turns up > and takes Dawn off her hands, and Buffy goes off to build a new life > for herself. > > We'll see her from time to time on AtS or The Witch, the Vampire, and > the Wardrobe-maker. > > himiko Why wouldn't I mind Spike turning evil at this point to kill Buffy even though I've wanted him good for the last 3 seasons? Success for Spike. If Spike can't get anything(friendship, love, respect, anything etc.) out of suffering for the side of good for the past 3 seasons(and with 1 episode left time has basically run out for him to get anything meaningful), I want Spike to go out as the most successful villain in the show's history and have him do something no other villain could do. Would it be out of character? Sure but that has never stopped ME before and it would give Spike a role beyond ME's designated Angel substitute at this point. I'm still hoping for Spuffy but I realize the writers aren't probably going there at this juncture for more than a brief moment or two.

2003-03-21 03:05:17+00:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now... - (Aethelrede <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net>)

sorbo wrote in message <7357ad1d.0303201032.118f6db@posting.google.com>... >"Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<WYkea.10919$pK4.944823@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... >> And killing Buffy? Even though I'm still hoping for a Spuffy conclusion it >> wouldn't bother me at this point if Spike killed Buffy. And this is coming >> from someone who thought Spike was redeemed long before the soul and had >> hoped he would stay that way permanently. I think the latest spoilers from >> episode 21 significantly up the chance of Spike dying in the finale(pure >> speculation on my part, no spoiler). Remember Angelus' line from season 2, >> "You have to love this girl to kill her"(or as close as I can recall). > >please use spoiler space if you intend to make reference to a >spoiler... even as i type this, im trying to avoid reading (or finish >reading) your post above... some of us want to live spoiler free Yet you read posts in alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer. Go figure the level of masochism...

2003-03-21 03:12:21+00:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now... - (Aethelrede <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net>)

Chris Zabel wrote in message ... >And killing Buffy? Even though I'm still hoping for a Spuffy conclusion it >wouldn't bother me at this point if Spike killed Buffy. And this is coming >from someone who thought Spike was redeemed long before the soul and had >hoped he would stay that way permanently. I think the latest spoilers from >episode 21 significantly up the chance of Spike dying in the finale(pure >speculation on my part, no spoiler). Remember Angelus' line from season 2, >"You have to love this girl to kill her"(or as close as I can recall). I can't see Spike killing Buffy. It could happen, certainly, but it wouldn't be right. I can see either or both dying to save Dawn (or even the scoobs, or Kennedy...), but not either killing the other. But this season is so confused anything could happen.

2003-03-21 22:54:38-08:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now...(spoilers now) - (igs622001@yahoo.com)

himiko@animail.net (himiko) wrote in message news:<c7902983.0303201146.28c4f599@posting.google.com>... > Spoilers are pretty general in tone, but they are spoilers: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<WYkea.10919$pK4.944823@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... > > And killing Buffy? Even though I'm still hoping for a Spuffy conclusion it > > wouldn't bother me at this point if Spike killed Buffy. And this is coming > > from someone who thought Spike was redeemed long before the soul and had > > hoped he would stay that way permanently. I think the latest spoilers from > > episode 21 significantly up the chance of Spike dying in the finale(pure > > speculation on my part, no spoiler). Remember Angelus' line from season 2, > > "You have to love this girl to kill her"(or as close as I can recall). > > I would mind. In fact, Spike turning evil because of what he saw > would be the one ending I would not accept simply because it would be > totally OOC. Spike didn't turn on Dru the many times she did the same > thing. Why would he suddenly react like that? At this point, I too would mind. They've invested so much of the last couple of seasons on Spike's redemption storyline that it would seem downright stupid to throw it all away like that. > But Buffy finally choosing between Spike and Angel? That rocks. > Almost any choice would make for an excellent story except the Spike > turning evil one. Is that really a choice? She might still have fond memories of Angel, but, at this point, I can't imagine how she would possibly chose to be with him. He's been gone for so long and they're last contact, as I recall, was not exactly friendly. I don't doubt for a second that, if she had to chose one or the other, she would chose Spike. After all, she believe in him. > I'm guessing Buffy tells them both good-bye on the (entirely accurate) > grounds that she's nowhere near ready for a commitment. She closes > the hellmouth, eliminating the need for a slayer in Sunnydale; Faith > takes over world duty. Then Joyce comes back to life or Hank turns up > and takes Dawn off her hands, and Buffy goes off to build a new life > for herself. Mmm... I doubt Joyce or Hank will be part of the picture, but I can see Buffy and Dawn heading out of town for an extended vacation.

2003-03-22 00:29:00+00:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now...(spoilers now) - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2003-03-22 01:00:48-06:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now...(spoilers now) - (Snuggles <postmaster@spamcop.net>)

In article <5aa58763.0303212254.235cb02c@posting.google.com>, igs622001@yahoo.com (Ian) wrote: > himiko@animail.net (himiko) wrote in message > news:<c7902983.0303201146.28c4f599@posting.google.com>... > > > Spoilers are pretty general in tone, but they are spoilers: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message > > news:<WYkea.10919$pK4.944823@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... > > > > And killing Buffy? Even though I'm still hoping for a Spuffy conclusion > > > it > > > wouldn't bother me at this point if Spike killed Buffy. And this is > > > coming > > > from someone who thought Spike was redeemed long before the soul and had > > > hoped he would stay that way permanently. I think the latest spoilers > > > from > > > episode 21 significantly up the chance of Spike dying in the finale(pure > > > speculation on my part, no spoiler). Remember Angelus' line from season > > > 2, > > > "You have to love this girl to kill her"(or as close as I can recall). > > > > I would mind. In fact, Spike turning evil because of what he saw > > would be the one ending I would not accept simply because it would be > > totally OOC. Spike didn't turn on Dru the many times she did the same > > thing. Why would he suddenly react like that? > > At this point, I too would mind. They've invested so much of the last > couple of seasons on Spike's redemption storyline that it would seem > downright stupid to throw it all away like that. > > > > But Buffy finally choosing between Spike and Angel? That rocks. > > Almost any choice would make for an excellent story except the Spike > > turning evil one. > > Is that really a choice? She might still have fond memories of Angel, > but, at this point, I can't imagine how she would possibly chose to be > with him. He's been gone for so long and they're last contact, as I > recall, was not exactly friendly. I don't doubt for a second that, if > she had to chose one or the other, she would chose Spike. After all, > she believe in him. > It was very friendly and close. He visited Buffy at her mother's grave. The love and longing vibe was quite strong.

2003-03-22 04:25:17-08:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now...(spoilers now) - (bookish_me@yahoo.com)

himiko@animail.net (himiko) wrote in message news:<c7902983.0303201146.28c4f599@posting.google.com>... > Spoilers are pretty general in tone, but they are spoilers: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<WYkea.10919$pK4.944823@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... <snip> > > I would mind. In fact, Spike turning evil because of what he saw > would be the one ending I would not accept simply because it would be > totally OOC. Spike didn't turn on Dru the many times she did the same > thing. Why would he suddenly react like that? > > I was thrilled by the ep. 21 spoilers otherwise. Looks like we are > going for a big emotional finish, which is a good thing since I've > found the FE and the Ubervamps to be pretty lame. > > But Buffy finally choosing between Spike and Angel? That rocks. > Almost any choice would make for an excellent story except the Spike > turning evil one. > > I'm guessing Buffy tells them both good-bye on the (entirely accurate) > grounds that she's nowhere near ready for a commitment. She closes > the hellmouth, eliminating the need for a slayer in Sunnydale; Faith > takes over world duty. Then Joyce comes back to life or Hank turns up > and takes Dawn off her hands, and Buffy goes off to build a new life > for herself. > > We'll see her from time to time on AtS or The Witch, the Vampire, and > the Wardrobe-maker. > > himiko LOL Here here! I'm not surprised that the B/S camp is reacting very negatively to the spoilers from 21. Every B/S board I've been to is burning the ME flag and calling Buffy the bitca of the Buffyverse. :) I remember a time when the B/Aers were in the same boat when Spuffy was introduced. There's no ocean big enough for these 2 ships... I strongly believe that Buffy ends up alone. Perhaps the show will conclude with an implicit promise of a future with her and one of the 2 'vampires with a soul' or maybe not. But right now, all that I'm really hoping for is to see a finale worthy of the 7 great years of Buffy. Joss and company have spoiled me into expecting only the best and I'm counting on them not to disappoint. ;) ------------------------- SMG fans, support The SMG BAP (http://www.smgfan.com/bap.htm) and help make a difference

[...]

2003-03-23 00:56:53+00:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now...(spoilers now) - (Sleeper <Unknown>)

himiko <himiko@animail.net> wrote in message news:c7902983.0303201146.28c4f599@posting.google.com... > > I'm guessing Buffy [...] closes > the hellmouth, eliminating the need for a slayer in Sunnydale; Faith > takes over world duty. Then Joyce comes back to life or Hank turns up > and takes Dawn off her hands, Or Jack Bauer could turn up with his hacksaw. > and Buffy goes off to build a new life > for herself. Sleeper -- 'It's a library; only the stupid and the evil are afraid of those.' The Bridge, Iain Banks

2003-03-24 02:51:27+00:00 - Re: Who here wouldn't mind Spike having "one good day" now... - (MegaSilver <megasilver@worldnet.att.net>)

"Aethelrede" <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:Njvea.16282$ja4.1115410@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > > sorbo wrote in message <7357ad1d.0303201032.118f6db@posting.google.com>... > >"Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message > news:<WYkea.10919$pK4.944823@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>... > >> And killing Buffy? Even though I'm still hoping for a Spuffy conclusion > it > >> wouldn't bother me at this point if Spike killed Buffy. And this is > coming > >> from someone who thought Spike was redeemed long before the soul and had > >> hoped he would stay that way permanently. I think the latest spoilers > from > >> episode 21 significantly up the chance of Spike dying in the finale(pure > >> speculation on my part, no spoiler). Remember Angelus' line from season > 2, > >> "You have to love this girl to kill her"(or as close as I can recall). > > > >please use spoiler space if you intend to make reference to a > >spoiler... even as i type this, im trying to avoid reading (or finish > >reading) your post above... some of us want to live spoiler free > > Yet you read posts in alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer. Go figure the level of > masochism... I was thinking exactly the same thing...