FLM films - My Webpage

2003-03-14 21:50:45-05:00 - Kill them all off?! - (MickeyMac@webtv.net)

When asked at some panel how Buffy would end Whendon replied with a typical flippant remark. He said he was going to kill the entire cast.It might be true. "Some surprise deaths" says the EW article. Now that ME has transformed there characters into a bunch of unsympathetic jerks no one will give a darn if the knock them all off. Good riddance say I! It's not Giles,Buffy,Willow,Xander,Spike and Angel,Cordy,Wesley or at least not the same ones we use to know and love .Or even like.

2003-03-15 09:57:26-08:00 - Re: Kill them all off?! - (DanielArmato@aol.com)

MickeyMac@webtv.net (who's watching the watchers?) wrote in message news:<10472-3E729505-137@storefull-2294.public.lawson.webtv.net>... > When asked at some panel how Buffy would end Whendon replied with a > typical flippant remark. He said he was going to kill the entire > cast.It might be true. "Some surprise deaths" says the EW article. Now > that ME has transformed there characters into a bunch of unsympathetic > jerks no one will give a darn if the knock them all off. Good riddance > say I! > > It's not Giles,Buffy,Willow,Xander,Spike and Angel,Cordy,Wesley or at > least not the same ones we use to know and love .Or even like. I guess that is one view, but not everybody sees them as unsympathetic jerks. Some see them as heroic fighters against evil. Ones with real personalities and, yes, even flaws. They are not comic book black and white hat types, they are much more deleloped and much more realistic---always have been. Specifically, what have they done lately to change your opinion of them?

2003-03-15 16:39:40-08:00 - Re: Kill them all off?! - (himf@hotmail.com)

MickeyMac@webtv.net (who's watching the watchers?) wrote in message news:<10472-3E729505-137@storefull-2294.public.lawson.webtv.net>... > When asked at some panel how Buffy would end Whendon replied with a > typical flippant remark. He said he was going to kill the entire > cast.It might be true. "Some surprise deaths" says the EW article. Now > that ME has transformed there characters into a bunch of unsympathetic > jerks no one will give a darn if the knock them all off. Good riddance > say I! Actually, that was the original plan. Willow was supposed to go dark during S5 and all of Sunnydale was to be sucked up into Glory's portal while Buffy and Dark Will slugged it out. Sunnydale would have been sucked into Hell and all the Scoobies, except Xander, would have died. The last scene was to show a scarred and battered Xander talking to a young girl and telling her about the important destiny she has ahead of her.

2003-03-15 21:17:49-05:00 - Re: Kill them all off?! - (The Babaloughesian <me@privacy.net>)

"himf" <himf@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:35623331.0303151639.62510f46@posting.google.com... > MickeyMac@webtv.net (who's watching the watchers?) wrote in message news:<10472-3E729505-137@storefull-2294.public.lawson.webtv.net>... > > When asked at some panel how Buffy would end Whendon replied with a > > typical flippant remark. He said he was going to kill the entire > > cast.It might be true. "Some surprise deaths" says the EW article. Now > > that ME has transformed there characters into a bunch of unsympathetic > > jerks no one will give a darn if the knock them all off. Good riddance > > say I! > > Actually, that was the original plan. Willow was supposed to go dark > during S5 and all of Sunnydale was to be sucked up into Glory's portal > while Buffy and Dark Will slugged it out. Sunnydale would have been > sucked into Hell and all the Scoobies, except Xander, would have died. > The last scene was to show a scarred and battered Xander talking to a > young girl and telling her about the important destiny she has ahead > of her. That would have been so cool.