FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-25 23:26:30-08:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com)

"Ziggyman" <asf@Fds.com> wrote in message news:<u1W6a.61575$b8v1.61039@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>... > "Jaime M. de Castellvi" <3cjmd@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:3e5c2aa0.20582891@news.cis.dfn.de... > > 5.0 for this one. > > > > There are moments when you can feel all of America (the ones who are > > watching, anyway) laughing along with you from coast to coast. At the > > end of the teaser, when Anya asks Michael, "Why don't you just > > masturbate, like the rest of us?", I knew this episode was going to be > > a keeper. > > > > Then I thought about the different time zones but, what the heck. > > Somewhere beyond time and space, we were still all laughing together > > as the opening titles rolled. > > > > Cheers, > > > > Jaime > > Heh.. this 5 star review from the Buffy fan that doesn't even know the name > of the character the eps based around. Boy are his priorities screwed up! You're not supposed to get the jokes or follow the story, you're supposed memorise millions of arbitrary details.

2003-02-25 23:44:25-05:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (Tom Breton <tehom@REMOVEpanNOSPAMix.com>)

3cjmd@comcast.net (Jaime M. de Castellvi) writes: > 5.0 for this one. > > There are moments when you can feel all of America (the ones who are > watching, anyway) laughing along with you from coast to coast. Yup, and this episode was definitely one, starting right from the opening scene. > At the > end of the teaser, when Anya asks Michael, "Why don't you just > masturbate, like the rest of us?", I knew this episode was going to be > a keeper. > > Then I thought about the different time zones but, what the heck. And the existence of people who disagree with us... }:) > Somewhere beyond time and space, we were still all laughing together > as the opening titles rolled. -- Tom Breton at panix.com, username tehom. http://www.panix.com/~tehom

2003-02-25 23:44:25-05:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (Tom Breton <tehom@REMOVEpanNOSPAMix.com>)

3cjmd@comcast.net (Jaime M. de Castellvi) writes: > 5.0 for this one. > > There are moments when you can feel all of America (the ones who are > watching, anyway) laughing along with you from coast to coast. Yup, and this episode was definitely one, starting right from the opening scene. > At the > end of the teaser, when Anya asks Michael, "Why don't you just > masturbate, like the rest of us?", I knew this episode was going to be > a keeper. > > Then I thought about the different time zones but, what the heck. And the existence of people who disagree with us... }:) > Somewhere beyond time and space, we were still all laughing together > as the opening titles rolled. -- Tom Breton at panix.com, username tehom. http://www.panix.com/~tehom

2003-02-26 02:49:43+00:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (grrlserialkiller@cs.comNoSpam)

Who's Micheal? DOn't you mean Andrew? ;-)

2003-02-26 02:52:09+00:00 - New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (3cjmd@comcast.net)

2003-02-26 02:56:26+00:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (Ziggyman <asf@Fds.com>)

"Jaime M. de Castellvi" <3cjmd@comcast.net> wrote in message news:3e5c2aa0.20582891@news.cis.dfn.de... > 5.0 for this one. > > There are moments when you can feel all of America (the ones who are > watching, anyway) laughing along with you from coast to coast. At the > end of the teaser, when Anya asks Michael, "Why don't you just > masturbate, like the rest of us?", I knew this episode was going to be > a keeper. > > Then I thought about the different time zones but, what the heck. > Somewhere beyond time and space, we were still all laughing together > as the opening titles rolled. > > Cheers, > > Jaime Heh.. this 5 star review from the Buffy fan that doesn't even know the name of the character the eps based around. I personally thought it was stupid. I love the comedic eps as much as the next guy.. but I felt the humour fell flat in this one. Once again we get them dealing with a major issue re: the FE, and Giles is nowhere to be found. At least explain where we went for godsake! All it takes is a 2 second line.. "I hope Giles gets back from Sweden soon with that potential he went to pickup."

[...]

2003-02-26 06:13:24+00:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (Tony Lausin <tonylausin@nimail.co.uk>)

I agree. It wasn't the funniest episode ever, but it was light-hearted enough in the right places to give me a break from the potential slayer melodrama; and as a personal note, it was great seeing Xander and Anja together at least once more. They always were the only couple on the show I cared about. On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 02:52:09 GMT, 3cjmd@comcast.net (Jaime M. de Castellvi) enlightened us with: >5.0 for this one. > >There are moments when you can feel all of America (the ones who are >watching, anyway) laughing along with you from coast to coast. At the >end of the teaser, when Anya asks Michael, "Why don't you just >masturbate, like the rest of us?", I knew this episode was going to be >a keeper. > >Then I thought about the different time zones but, what the heck. >Somewhere beyond time and space, we were still all laughing together >as the opening titles rolled. > >Cheers, > >Jaime

2003-02-26 09:02:33+00:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (Dante2010 <danteebay@NOSPAMhotmail.com>)

"Wally Rosenberg" <wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:a6dd0bff.0302252326.6650bb79@posting.google.com... > "Ziggyman" <asf@Fds.com> wrote in message news:<u1W6a.61575$b8v1.61039@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>... > > "Jaime M. de Castellvi" <3cjmd@comcast.net> wrote in message > > news:3e5c2aa0.20582891@news.cis.dfn.de... > > > 5.0 for this one. > > > > > > There are moments when you can feel all of America (the ones who are > > > watching, anyway) laughing along with you from coast to coast. At the > > > end of the teaser, when Anya asks Michael, "Why don't you just > > > masturbate, like the rest of us?", I knew this episode was going to be > > > a keeper. > > > > > > Then I thought about the different time zones but, what the heck. > > > Somewhere beyond time and space, we were still all laughing together > > > as the opening titles rolled. > > > > > > Cheers, > > > > > > Jaime > > > > Heh.. this 5 star review from the Buffy fan that doesn't even know the name > > of the character the eps based around. > > Boy are his priorities screwed up! > > You're not supposed to get the jokes or follow the story, you're > supposed memorise millions of arbitrary details. I tend to think that the name of the central char of the ep is more then an arbitrary detail.

[...]

2003-02-26 10:32:21-06:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (Juleen <REMOVEsunryse@centurytel.net>)

Jaime M. de Castellvi wrote: > 5.0 for this one. > > There are moments when you can feel all of America (the ones who are > watching, anyway) laughing along with you from coast to coast. At the > end of the teaser, when Anya asks Michael, "Why don't you just > masturbate, like the rest of us?", I knew this episode was going to be > a keeper. Jaime, Jaime, Jaime, first get the name right, it's A-N-D-R-E-W, repeat after me, Andrew, there that's better, I knew you could do it. :) Second, that wasn't everyone laughing with you, some of us were gagging. > > Then I thought about the different time zones but, what the heck. > Somewhere beyond time and space, we were still all laughing together > as the opening titles rolled. Or still looking for the barf bag. > > Cheers, > > Jaime -- Spike: You're like a dog with a bone. Anya: So what? Spike: It's my bone.

2003-02-26 11:20:53+00:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (thewitch@unagi.cybernothing.org)

In rec.arts.sf.tv Ziggyman <asf@fds.com> wrote: > > "Jaime M. de Castellvi" <3cjmd@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:3e5c2aa0.20582891@news.cis.dfn.de... >> 5.0 for this one. >> >> There are moments when you can feel all of America (the ones who are >> watching, anyway) laughing along with you from coast to coast. At the >> end of the teaser, when Anya asks Michael, "Why don't you just >> masturbate, like the rest of us?", I knew this episode was going to be >> a keeper. >> >> Then I thought about the different time zones but, what the heck. >> Somewhere beyond time and space, we were still all laughing together >> as the opening titles rolled. >> >> Cheers, >> >> Jaime > > Heh.. this 5 star review from the Buffy fan that doesn't even know the name > of the character the eps based around. And this means, precisely, what? So he got the character name wrong. Big fucking whoop. Doesn't negate his opinion of the ep. > I personally thought it was stupid. Me too. So our opinion should have more meaning because we got the character's name right? > I love the comedic eps as much as the > next guy.. but I felt the humour fell flat in this one. Once again we get > them dealing with a major issue re: the FE, and Giles is nowhere to be > found. Goodness. With so much to actually find fault with, *this* is your reason for saying the episode was stupid? -- TheWitch Why are you looking down here?

2003-02-26 21:14:04+00:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (3cjmd@comcast.net)

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:32:21 -0600, "Juleen" <REMOVEsunryse@centurytel.net> wrote: >Jaime M. de Castellvi wrote: >> 5.0 for this one. >> >> There are moments when you can feel all of America (the ones who are >> watching, anyway) laughing along with you from coast to coast. At the >> end of the teaser, when Anya asks Michael, "Why don't you just >> masturbate, like the rest of us?", I knew this episode was going to be >> a keeper. > >Jaime, Jaime, Jaime, first get the name right, it's A-N-D-R-E-W, repeat >after me, Andrew, there that's better, I knew you could do it. :) > >Second, that wasn't everyone laughing with you, some of us were gagging. > >> >> Then I thought about the different time zones but, what the heck. >> Somewhere beyond time and space, we were still all laughing together >> as the opening titles rolled. > >Or still looking for the barf bag. It's all subjective, m'dear. Somebody's barf bag might be another somebody's bag of choice cookies. Kinda like haggis. Cheers, Jaime

2003-02-26 21:23:30+00:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (3cjmd@comcast.net)

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:02:33 GMT, "Dante2010" <danteebay@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote: >"Wally Rosenberg" <wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com> wrote in message >news:a6dd0bff.0302252326.6650bb79@posting.google.com... >> "Ziggyman" <asf@Fds.com> wrote in message >news:<u1W6a.61575$b8v1.61039@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>... >> > "Jaime M. de Castellvi" <3cjmd@comcast.net> wrote in message >> > news:3e5c2aa0.20582891@news.cis.dfn.de... >> > > 5.0 for this one. >> > > >> > > There are moments when you can feel all of America (the ones who are >> > > watching, anyway) laughing along with you from coast to coast. At the >> > > end of the teaser, when Anya asks Michael, "Why don't you just >> > > masturbate, like the rest of us?", I knew this episode was going to be >> > > a keeper. >> > > >> > > Then I thought about the different time zones but, what the heck. >> > > Somewhere beyond time and space, we were still all laughing together >> > > as the opening titles rolled. >> > > >> > > Cheers, >> > > >> > > Jaime >> > >> > Heh.. this 5 star review from the Buffy fan that doesn't even know the >name >> > of the character the eps based around. >> >> Boy are his priorities screwed up! >> >> You're not supposed to get the jokes or follow the story, you're >> supposed memorise millions of arbitrary details. > >I tend to think that the name of the central char of the ep is more then an >arbitrary detail. You are quite correct (an arbitrary detail might be more in the nature of a minor blunder, such as misspelling "than" while imparting sundry jewels of wisdom upon the great unwashed from the lofty heights of tall pedestals). While I do not wish to give the impression that I'm shirking responsibility for the enormity of my awful sin, would you be more tempted to spare my well tanned hide if I told you that the reason I didn't get Christopher's name right the first time was on account of a simple typo? Cheers, Jaime

2003-02-26 23:34:21+01:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (Ensign Burrows <me@privacy.net>)

In article <a6dd0bff.0302252326.6650bb79@posting.google.com>, wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com says... > > Heh.. this 5 star review from the Buffy fan that doesn't even know the name > > of the character the eps based around. > > Boy are his priorities screwed up! > > You're not supposed to get the jokes or follow the story, you're > supposed memorise millions of arbitrary details. > Yeah, i just think all shows and actors are part of the same show. Much easier.

2003-02-27 06:19:56+00:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (Barry Margolin <barmar@alum.mit.edu>)

In article <b3iqha$1n4an8$1@ID-184786.news.dfncis.de>, "Juleen" <REMOVEsunryse@centurytel.net> wrote: > Jaime M. de Castellvi wrote: > > 5.0 for this one. > > > > There are moments when you can feel all of America (the ones who are > > watching, anyway) laughing along with you from coast to coast. At the > > end of the teaser, when Anya asks Michael, "Why don't you just > > masturbate, like the rest of us?", I knew this episode was going to be > > a keeper. > > Jaime, Jaime, Jaime, first get the name right, it's A-N-D-R-E-W, repeat > after me, Andrew, there that's better, I knew you could do it. :) > > Second, that wasn't everyone laughing with you, some of us were gagging. Well, I'm in agreement with Jaime -- I thought that was one of Anya's best lines ever. -- Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu Genuity Managed Services, Woburn, MA

2003-02-28 02:24:23+00:00 - Re: New Buffy; A Solid 5.0 - (schlitzdrinker@aol.comekingdom)

In article <barmar-141ABF.01195627022003@netnews.attbi.com>, Barry Margolin <barmar@alum.mit.edu> writes: >> > There are moments when you can feel all of America (the ones who are >> > watching, anyway) laughing along with you from coast to coast. At the >> > end of the teaser, when Anya asks Michael, "Why don't you just >> > masturbate, like the rest of us?", I knew this episode was going to be >> > a keeper. >> >> Jaime, Jaime, Jaime, first get the name right, it's A-N-D-R-E-W, repeat >> after me, Andrew, there that's better, I knew you could do it. :) >> >> Second, that wasn't everyone laughing with you, some of us were gagging. > >Well, I'm in agreement with Jaime -- I thought that was one of Anya's >best lines ever. > Once Anya pounded on the door and screamed, "What have you been doing in here for 30 minutes?" we already got the (not particularly fresh or funny) subtext. ME ruined the joke and insulted our intelligence by explicitly mentioning masturbation. Besides, why would it take Michael a half hour to get the job done? He obviously needs more practice in this ancient art. Your pal, Barney Barney himself, who is a textbook basher, as opposed to critic, gets a five on the killjoy scale. I assure you that in the real world his comments would be the equivalent of wastepaper. - Portia