FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-06 21:41:59-07:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

howe wrote: > > Spoiler Space > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > > x > Did anybody else find Faith missing the achilles heel reference odd > and out of place? > Sure Faith didn't finish High School but don't most people get that > reference by age 10?? Maybe it was a lame attempt to show her weak or > uncertain thus "needing" the comfort of Wood? > > Howe Leading SITs to destroy a cache of archaic weapons wasn't all that bright either.

2003-05-07 00:56:56+00:00 - SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (pc7@mindspring.com)

2003-05-07 01:22:10-07:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

st wrote: > > On Wed, 07 May 2003 00:56:56 GMT, pc7@mindspring.com (howe) wrote: > > >Spoiler Space > >x > >x > >x > >x > >x > >x > >x > >x > >x > >x > >x > >x > >x > >x > > > >x > >Did anybody else find Faith missing the achilles heel reference odd > >and out of place? > >Sure Faith didn't finish High School but don't most people get that > >reference by age 10?? Maybe it was a lame attempt to show her weak or > >uncertain thus "needing" the comfort of Wood? > > Faith isn't a geek. > > st > I don't think geekiness is required. It's a common term used and understood by many people who know almost nothing about the Trojan War.

2003-05-07 07:22:01-04:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (Ebie <sybil5000@yahoo.com>)

Thus spake pc7@mindspring.com (howe): >Spoiler Space >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x > >x >Did anybody else find Faith missing the achilles heel reference odd >and out of place? >Sure Faith didn't finish High School but don't most people get that >reference by age 10?? Maybe it was a lame attempt to show her weak or >uncertain thus "needing" the comfort of Wood? Maybe. I don't know why they did it. I thought it was simply a bad bit o dialog, meant to illustrate that Faith isn't educated. But since this is *television*, you kind of have to overamplify the point... -- Q: How can you tell Ari Fleischer is lying? A: His lips are moving.

2003-05-07 10:28:15-07:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (William George Ferguson <william.george.ferguson@domail.maricopa.edu>)

On Wed, 07 May 2003 00:56:56 GMT, pc7@mindspring.com (howe) wrote: >Spoiler Space >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x >x > >x >Did anybody else find Faith missing the achilles heel reference odd >and out of place? >Sure Faith didn't finish High School but don't most people get that >reference by age 10?? Maybe it was a lame attempt to show her weak or >uncertain thus "needing" the comfort of Wood? > >Howe Faith has already established a lack of familiarity with Greek myths and legends. She didn't know abou those guys from Spart either. -- "Oh Buffy, you really do need to have every square inch of your ass kicked." - Willow Rosenberg

2003-05-07 10:33:21+00:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (pc7@mindspring.com)

Ebie <sybil5000@yahoo.com> wrote: >Thus spake pc7@mindspring.com (howe): > >>Spoiler Space >>x >>x >>x >>x >>x >>x >>x >>x >>x >>x >>x >>x >>x >>x >> >>x >>Did anybody else find Faith missing the achilles heel reference odd >>and out of place? >>Sure Faith didn't finish High School but don't most people get that >>reference by age 10?? Maybe it was a lame attempt to show her weak or >>uncertain thus "needing" the comfort of Wood? > >Maybe. I don't know why they did it. > >I thought it was simply a bad bit o dialog, meant to illustrate that >Faith isn't educated. But since this is *television*, you kind of have >to overamplify the point... Yeah, I agree. Howe

2003-05-07 13:14:47-07:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (second@duelingoak.com)

pc7@mindspring.com (howe) wrote in message news:<3eb858e7.1202640@news.mindspring.com>... > Spoiler Space > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > > x > Did anybody else find Faith missing the achilles heel reference odd > and out of place? > Sure Faith didn't finish High School but don't most people get that > reference by age 10?? Maybe it was a lame attempt to show her weak or > uncertain thus "needing" the comfort of Wood? > > Howe I just started a new job and told someone here that my old commpany folded due to the "tech crash." She had no idea what I was talking about. some folks just have pockets of ignorance. Mez

2003-05-07 13:36:31+00:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (Jane Davitt <jdavitt01@rogers.com>)

Carmikl wrote: > st wrote: > >>On Wed, 07 May 2003 00:56:56 GMT, pc7@mindspring.com (howe) wrote: >> >> >>>Spoiler Space >>>x >>>x >>>x >>>x >>>x >>>x >>>x >>>x >>>x >>>x >>>x >>>x >>>x >>>x >>> >>>x >>>Did anybody else find Faith missing the achilles heel reference odd >>>and out of place? >>>Sure Faith didn't finish High School but don't most people get that >>>reference by age 10?? Maybe it was a lame attempt to show her weak or >>>uncertain thus "needing" the comfort of Wood? >> >>Faith isn't a geek. >> >>st >> > > I don't think geekiness is required. It's a common term used and > understood by many people who know almost nothing about the Trojan War. Or have seen Jason and the Argonauts...:-) Jane -- Read my Buffy the Vampire Slayer fiction at http://members.rogers.com/jdavitt01/index.html http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=231516

[...]

2003-05-07 14:41:14-04:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (Chelsea Christenson <Chelsea.Christenson@oracle.com>)

Carmikl wrote: > howe wrote: > > > > Spoiler Space > > x > > x > > x > > x > > x > > x > > x > > x > > x > > x > > x > > x > > x > > x > > > > x > > Did anybody else find Faith missing the achilles heel reference odd > > and out of place? > > Sure Faith didn't finish High School but don't most people get that > > reference by age 10?? Maybe it was a lame attempt to show her weak or > > uncertain thus "needing" the comfort of Wood? > > > > Howe > > Leading SITs to destroy a cache of archaic weapons wasn't all that > bright either. She didn't know they were archaic. Heck, she didn't even know they were there until they found them. Faith did somewhat better than Buffy here. She didn't bring all the SITs. She had a map of the area she was dealing with. Her primary failure was with crowd control. Honestly, if I opened a Slayer school, D&D sessions would be mandatory. You don't just crowd into a room especially when you already have an inkling that it might be a trap. You check around the room first -- including the ceiling, because television and D&D always have ambushes from above. You don't let people wander around willy nilly poking into everything. You have a useful paranoia about locked chests.

2003-05-07 15:54:43+00:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (jenn <pinkskittle20@nospamhotmail.com>)

"howe" <pc7@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3eb858e7.1202640@news.mindspring.com... > Spoiler Space > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > x > > x > Did anybody else find Faith missing the achilles heel reference odd > and out of place? > Sure Faith didn't finish High School but don't most people get that > reference by age 10?? Maybe it was a lame attempt to show her weak or > uncertain thus "needing" the comfort of Wood? > > Howe I thought it was a great place for a joke though: "crap, there's a heel thing?!" or however she said it :)

2003-05-07 16:38:27+00:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2003-05-07 16:51:03+00:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (Bill Bickel <billbick@optonline.com>)

"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:3EB8C232.9B1AB52D@rcn.com... > st wrote: > > > > On Wed, 07 May 2003 00:56:56 GMT, pc7@mindspring.com (howe) wrote: > > > > >Spoiler Space > > >x > > >x > > >x > > >x > > >x > > >x > > >x > > >x > > >x > > >x > > >x > > >x > > >x > > >x > > > > > >x > > >Did anybody else find Faith missing the achilles heel reference odd > > >and out of place? > > >Sure Faith didn't finish High School but don't most people get that > > >reference by age 10?? Maybe it was a lame attempt to show her weak or > > >uncertain thus "needing" the comfort of Wood? > > > > Faith isn't a geek. > > > > st > > > I don't think geekiness is required. It's a common term used and > understood by many people who know almost nothing about the Trojan War. Even putting aside the Trojan War: Wouldn't her WATCHER have used the phrase in the contaxt of discussing fight strategies? So she's know the phrase even if she never knew the mythical reference. Bill Bickel http://www.comicsidontunderstand.com http://www.missing-kids.us http://www.Scott-Peterson-Trial.com

2003-05-07 17:10:33+00:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid>)

Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, pc7@mindspring.com wrote in article <3eb858e7.1202640@news.mindspring.com>... > Spoiler Space > x [elided] Thanks for the spoiler space. It allowed me to avoid reading your post. I may have read it, if the spoilers were ONLY for "Touched." May I offer you a suggestion? In the future, please identify if the spoiler space is a courtesy for those who have not seen the episode as opposed to spoilers for the rest of the season. Thank you. -- Be seeing you, Growltiger

2003-05-09 04:23:59+00:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (Randy Bot <RandyBot@new.rr.com>)

On Wed, 07 May 2003 01:22:10 +0000, Carmikl wrote: > st wrote: >> >> On Wed, 07 May 2003 00:56:56 GMT, pc7@mindspring.com (howe) wrote: >> >> >Spoiler Space >> >x >> >x >> >x >> >x >> >x >> >x >> >x >> >x >> >x >> >x >> >x >> >x >> >x >> >x >> > >> >x >> >Did anybody else find Faith missing the achilles heel reference odd >> >and out of place? >> >Sure Faith didn't finish High School but don't most people get that >> >reference by age 10?? Maybe it was a lame attempt to show her weak or >> >uncertain thus "needing" the comfort of Wood? >> >> Faith isn't a geek. >> >> st >> > I don't think geekiness is required. It's a common term used and > understood by many people who know almost nothing about the Trojan War. O.K. If she didn't get Achilles Heel, what would she of thought if he said it was from the Trojan War?

[...]

2003-05-09 11:46:07+01:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (Speaker-to-Customers <greebo@manx.net>)

Randy Bot wrote: > Carmikl wrote: > >> st wrote: >>> >>> howe wrote: >>> >>>> Spoiler Space >>>> x >>>> x >>>> x >>>> x >>>> x >>>> x >>>> x >>>> x >>>> x >>>> x >>>> x >>>> x >>>> x >>>> x >>>> >>>> x >>>> Did anybody else find Faith missing the achilles heel reference odd >>>> and out of place? >>>> Sure Faith didn't finish High School but don't most people get that >>>> reference by age 10?? Maybe it was a lame attempt to show her >>>> weak or uncertain thus "needing" the comfort of Wood? >>> >>> Faith isn't a geek. >>> >>> st >>> >> I don't think geekiness is required. It's a common term used and >> understood by many people who know almost nothing about the Trojan >> War. > > O.K. > If she didn't get Achilles Heel, what would she of > thought if he said it was from the Trojan War? She'd have thought "Wow, rivalry between condom manufacturers gets way more serious than I thought." Paul Speaker-to-Customers

2003-05-13 21:39:05+00:00 - Re: SPOILER, FAITH IS NOT STUPID - (samjames1NOSPAM@yahoo.com)

On Wed, 07 May 2003 01:04:48 -0400, st <striketoo@hotmail.com> wrote: >Faith isn't a geek. You left out the 'r' in greek.