FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-20 19:39:32-07:00 - WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (bensisco2@excite.com)

Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's (AtS) future.

2003-05-20 21:44:54-07:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (bensisco2@excite.com)

Fenster <FensterNMcManus@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9381E857810B3FensterNMcManus@24.25.9.42>... > On 20 May 2003, bensisco2@excite.com (Bensisco) went to the cliffs > of hope and faith and kicked the toll booth off: > > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know > > that all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that > > mean for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse > > canon)? Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., > > Faith), is it really a good thing to have so many active, > > unwatched slayers running around? Could make for some interesting > > bad "guys" in Angel's (AtS) future. > > I certainly hope this turn of events doesn't mysteriously skip L.A. > Yet another reason for Angel Investigations to utilize the full > resources of W&H. On the other hand, lets hope that Fred the Vampire > Slayer in a big no. Fred would be sooo hot as a slayer! She could use the confidence boost that comes with slayerism (hey, new word!).

2003-05-20 21:53:36-07:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (bensisco2@excite.com)

baranduyn@aol.com (The Living Personification of Evil) wrote in message news:<20030520230046.15079.00000074@mb-m12.aol.com>... > >Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that > >all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > >countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > >for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? > >Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is > >it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers > >running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's > >(AtS) future. > > I have a question of the unanswerable except via fanwanking type. > > All the potentials, found and otherwise were activated. Okay. I get that. My > question is, were there older ones? Seeing as how there are so many potentials > waiting for Buffy or Faith (YMMV) to kick it, there might've been a floatilla > of them back when Buffy inherited. Or Nikki. Never activated. Maybe the > Potentialness ends at a certain age or maybe somewhere in the world a > middle-aged or better Potential got empowered just in time to, say, deal with > an unruly customer (in a bar or restaurant) with real authority. Man, I like > that. It amuses me. Perhaps, of even more importance, with all of the potentials that exist at any given time, who is to say that some potentials aren't better candidates to become slayers than others? Kind of like a sports team with 1st and 2nd string players. Maybe we now have some new slayers who should have been the last choice (or last resort) to become slayers. But, thanks to Willow's spell, they are now running around at full slayer strength.

2003-05-20 22:00:19-07:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (pyrofenix@pyrofenix.com)

2003-05-21 00:13:56-04:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"AE Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message news:baeqdl$sg4la$1@ID-137314.news.dfncis.de... > In alt.tv.angel Bensisco <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that > > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? > > This is the aspect of the finale which I found most disturbing. I > think this is a huge problem for the universe of the shows. > > > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is > > it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers > > running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's > > (AtS) future. > > And how would that be different than what we already saw with Faith? > I hope they somehow ignore what happened on BtVS, and just go their > own way in "Angel." It'll be too significant a part of that world (the Buffyverse) for them to ignore. The issue has to be at least addressed in some fashion. Arnold Kim

2003-05-21 00:20:20-05:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Darwin Fish <a@a.edu>)

In article <200520032204301456%antarian@pacbell.net>, PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote: > In article <210520030025347008%dsample@synapse.net>, Don Sample > <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: > > > In article <6e2b3249.0305201839.2d8994ba@posting.google.com>, Bensisco > > <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > > > > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that > > > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > > > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > > > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? > > > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is > > > it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers > > > running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's > > > (AtS) future. > > > > People have talked about hundreds or thousands of Slayers around the > > world, but I think it's more like dozens. > > I would say 100 tops. maybe 200 given the vast number of humans in the > world. > > and I don't think that any potential slayer that is born after this is > instantly going to be an activated slayer. I think the spell only > worked on those girls that were alive now. We really don't know if any new potentials will ever be born. The distruption in the Slayer's line, the one that the First Evil was taking advanatge of, still exists. That's why it was killing the girls...

2003-05-21 00:25:34-04:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <6e2b3249.0305201839.2d8994ba@posting.google.com>, Bensisco <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is > it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers > running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's > (AtS) future. People have talked about hundreds or thousands of Slayers around the world, but I think it's more like dozens. They had been working to gather most of the Potentials in Sunnydale. It may be that the majority of the world's Slayers were standing on that desert road looking at the hole that used to be Sunnydale. Once they disperse it's likely that there won't be any Slayers in L.A. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-05-21 00:51:46-05:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Darwin Fish <a@a.edu>)

In article <20030521014909.20421.00000101@mb-m01.aol.com>, kestrttn@aol.comlala (Katie) wrote: > As for the unwatched slayers, I got the impression that the Scoobs would go > find them. I was thinking they could maybe become a new watcher's council. > There'll definately be a lot of opportunities for the gang to show up in LA, > which I'm glad for. > Katie And what happens when most of the girls tell Buffy to get bent?

2003-05-21 01:36:43-05:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Darwin Fish <a@a.edu>)

In article <20030521020709.20421.00000102@mb-m01.aol.com>, kestrttn@aol.comlala (Katie) wrote: > >From: Darwin Fish a@a.edu > > >And what happens when most of the girls tell Buffy to get bent? > > > Just because there's more of them, doesn't mean their reactions would be > similar to the thousands of slayers before them. Giles is a trained watcher, > and they can go to Wesley for help too. As someone else here said, I don't > think there's THAT many slayers out there. A lot were killed,and it seemed to > be implied that most of the rest had made it to sunnydale. That's my point. Their reactions are likely not to be similar to those of previous Slayers. With no Watchers to guide them they'll likely use their powers for their own personal benefit.... by the time Buffy gets around to them their behavioral patterns will be pretty set.

2003-05-21 02:01:41-04:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <a-DFCC91.00202021052003@husk.cso.niu.edu>, Darwin Fish <a@a.edu> wrote: > In article <200520032204301456%antarian@pacbell.net>, > PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote: > > > In article <210520030025347008%dsample@synapse.net>, Don Sample > > <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: > > > > > In article <6e2b3249.0305201839.2d8994ba@posting.google.com>, Bensisco > > > <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > > > > > > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that > > > > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > > > > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > > > > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? > > > > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is > > > > it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers > > > > running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's > > > > (AtS) future. > > > > > > People have talked about hundreds or thousands of Slayers around the > > > world, but I think it's more like dozens. > > > > I would say 100 tops. maybe 200 given the vast number of humans in the > > world. > > > > and I don't think that any potential slayer that is born after this is > > instantly going to be an activated slayer. I think the spell only > > worked on those girls that were alive now. > > We really don't know if any new potentials will ever be born. The > distruption in the Slayer's line, the one that the First Evil was taking > advanatge of, still exists. That's why it was killing the girls... Most of the Fray backstory has now been included in official Buffy canon, and in the Fray story there is still a Slayer hundreds of years in the future. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-05-21 02:27:25-04:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <200520032257312317%antarian@pacbell.net>, PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote: > In article <a-DFCC91.00202021052003@husk.cso.niu.edu>, Darwin Fish > <a@a.edu> wrote: > > We really don't know if any new potentials will ever be born. The > > distruption in the Slayer's line, the one that the First Evil was taking > > advanatge of, still exists. That's why it was killing the girls... > > and it didn't succeed. we had proof that the girls in Sunnydale weren't > the only potentials. > > the First was counting on Buffy being too stupid to find the scythe or > figure out that she could tap into the power of it to create a true > army. I don't think the First knew that Buffy could tap the power of the scythe to create an army of Slayers. It just knew that there was this magical thingamajig that the Slayer could use to fight it. It didn't know how. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-05-21 02:29:55-04:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <a-6E9EE7.00514621052003@husk.cso.niu.edu>, Darwin Fish <a@a.edu> wrote: > In article <20030521014909.20421.00000101@mb-m01.aol.com>, > kestrttn@aol.comlala (Katie) wrote: > > > As for the unwatched slayers, I got the impression that the Scoobs would go > > find them. I was thinking they could maybe become a new watcher's council. > > There'll definately be a lot of opportunities for the gang to show up in LA, > > which I'm glad for. > > Katie > > And what happens when most of the girls tell Buffy to get bent? They say "That's your choice. Have a nice life." and go on to the next one. As long a just one of the new girls decides it might be fun to have a short career fighting evil, they aren't any worse off than they were before this all happened. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-05-21 02:50:32+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Fenster <FensterNMcManus@hotmail.com>)

2003-05-21 03:00:46+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (baranduyn@aol.com)

2003-05-21 03:05:25+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (AE Jabbour <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net>)

In alt.tv.angel Bensisco <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? This is the aspect of the finale which I found most disturbing. I think this is a huge problem for the universe of the shows. > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is > it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers > running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's > (AtS) future. And how would that be different than what we already saw with Faith? I hope they somehow ignore what happened on BtVS, and just go their own way in "Angel." -- A.E. Jabbour You don't learn that kind of darkness - it's innate. It was in you before we ever met. You said you can smell me? Well I can smell you too. My boy's in there, and he wants out. Darla, "Dear Boy"

2003-05-21 03:13:03-04:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <a-6C47C1.01364321052003@husk.cso.niu.edu>, Darwin Fish <a@a.edu> wrote: > In article <20030521020709.20421.00000102@mb-m01.aol.com>, > kestrttn@aol.comlala (Katie) wrote: > > > >From: Darwin Fish a@a.edu > > > > >And what happens when most of the girls tell Buffy to get bent? > > > > > > Just because there's more of them, doesn't mean their reactions would be > > similar to the thousands of slayers before them. Giles is a trained > > watcher, > > and they can go to Wesley for help too. As someone else here said, I don't > > think there's THAT many slayers out there. A lot were killed,and it seemed > > to > > be implied that most of the rest had made it to sunnydale. > > That's my point. Their reactions are likely not to be similar to those > of previous Slayers. With no Watchers to guide them they'll likely use > their powers for their own personal benefit.... by the time Buffy gets > around to them their behavioral patterns will be pretty set. We don't know how many survived the battle, but Buffy's got at least a dozen girls with her now who know all about what it means to be a Slayer. That's six times more than existed the day before. So what if most of the girls who got their powers handed to them don't go into the demon hunting business? They can go off and be athletes or whatever. I suppose that one or two might try to go the crime route, but really for a girl with Slayer abilities, they could make more money in sports. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-05-21 04:22:30+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (AE Jabbour <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net>)

In alt.tv.angel Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com> wrote: > > "AE Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:baeqdl$sg4la$1@ID-137314.news.dfncis.de... >> In alt.tv.angel Bensisco <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: >> > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that >> > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are >> > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean >> > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? >> >> This is the aspect of the finale which I found most disturbing. I >> think this is a huge problem for the universe of the shows. >> >> > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is >> > it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers >> > running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's >> > (AtS) future. >> >> And how would that be different than what we already saw with Faith? >> I hope they somehow ignore what happened on BtVS, and just go their >> own way in "Angel." > > It'll be too significant a part of that world (the Buffyverse) for them to > ignore. The issue has to be at least addressed in some fashion. > > Arnold Kim You know, a couple of years ago, I would have agreed with you. I would have said that pretending that it never happened, vis-a-vis the Angelverse, was a travesty, and a simply sloppy, poor writing. But honestly, after some of the plots and character developments lately, I would rather that they selectively forget about continuity. I really do. Connor's gone and no one remembers him? Good. Doesn't bother me. Should it? Yes. Does it? No. Because it's best this way. I think the same thing about all sorts of aspects of the show the last two years: better forgotten and move on. -- A.E. Jabbour You don't learn that kind of darkness - it's innate. It was in you before we ever met. You said you can smell me? Well I can smell you too. My boy's in there, and he wants out. Darla, "Dear Boy"

2003-05-21 04:43:01+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (John DiFool <sorry@spammerscrewedme.com>)

On Wed, 21 May 2003 00:13:56 -0400, "Arnold Kim" <kim5@erols.com> wrote: > >"AE Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message >news:baeqdl$sg4la$1@ID-137314.news.dfncis.de... >> In alt.tv.angel Bensisco <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: >> > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that >> > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are >> > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean >> > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? >> >> This is the aspect of the finale which I found most disturbing. I >> think this is a huge problem for the universe of the shows. >> How exactly? In that it might be considered a fanwank-err "writerwank" of the worst sort? I'd imagine a new slayer joins AI next year... John DiFool

2003-05-21 04:57:20+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <6e2b3249.0305201839.2d8994ba@posting.google.com>, Bensisco <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith) IF they grow up in shitty homes with no support system, then yeah they might go bad. but then again, they might not. take for example the girl that looked like she was about to get hit and she stopped it. looked like a pretty shitty sitch to me. and I'm betting she's going to be just fine.

2003-05-21 05:00:06+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Fenster <FensterNMcManus@hotmail.com>)

On 21 May 2003, bensisco2@excite.com (Bensisco) went to the cliffs of hope and faith and kicked the toll booth off: > She could use the confidence boost > that comes with slayerism (hey, new word!). It would be too easy... Fred needs to find her own path.

2003-05-21 05:03:23+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <210520030025347008%dsample@synapse.net>, Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: > In article <6e2b3249.0305201839.2d8994ba@posting.google.com>, Bensisco > <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that > > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? > > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is > > it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers > > running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's > > (AtS) future. > > People have talked about hundreds or thousands of Slayers around the > world, but I think it's more like dozens. I would say 100 tops. maybe 200 given the vast number of humans in the world. and I don't think that any potential slayer that is born after this is instantly going to be an activated slayer. I think the spell only worked on those girls that were alive now. as for whether or not this will be worked into Angel. I doubt it. the 'world' of slayers takes the story out of LA and it seems like they are sticking with that idea. they might stumble across a girl (perhaps Willow does a guest spot when she is looking for the girl and she gets him from AI). but they won't be big players in that story. it smells like the plot for the spinoff to me. so they aren't going to spend a lot of time on it during Angel, rather save it for the spinoff.

2003-05-21 05:49:09+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (kestrttn@aol.comlala)

2003-05-21 05:56:25+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <a-DFCC91.00202021052003@husk.cso.niu.edu>, Darwin Fish <a@a.edu> wrote: > In article <200520032204301456%antarian@pacbell.net>, > PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote: > > > In article <210520030025347008%dsample@synapse.net>, Don Sample > > <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: > > > > > In article <6e2b3249.0305201839.2d8994ba@posting.google.com>, Bensisco > > > <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > > > > > > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that > > > > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > > > > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > > > > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? > > > > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is > > > > it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers > > > > running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's > > > > (AtS) future. > > > > > > People have talked about hundreds or thousands of Slayers around the > > > world, but I think it's more like dozens. > > > > I would say 100 tops. maybe 200 given the vast number of humans in the > > world. > > > > and I don't think that any potential slayer that is born after this is > > instantly going to be an activated slayer. I think the spell only > > worked on those girls that were alive now. > > We really don't know if any new potentials will ever be born. The > distruption in the Slayer's line, the one that the First Evil was taking > advanatge of, still exists. That's why it was killing the girls... and it didn't succeed. we had proof that the girls in Sunnydale weren't the only potentials. the First was counting on Buffy being too stupid to find the scythe or figure out that she could tap into the power of it to create a true army. but Buffy wasn't all that stupid in the end. She did figure out that she couldn't fight it alone. and she figured out how to make the army she needed.

2003-05-21 06:07:09+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (kestrttn@aol.comlala)

2003-05-21 06:09:29+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (kestrttn@aol.comlala)

2003-05-21 06:19:23-07:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (smaug86@yahoo.com)

Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in message news:<210520030025347008%dsample@synapse.net>... > In article <6e2b3249.0305201839.2d8994ba@posting.google.com>, Bensisco > <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that > > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? > > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is > > it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers > > running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's > > (AtS) future. > > People have talked about hundreds or thousands of Slayers around the > world, but I think it's more like dozens. They had been working to > gather most of the Potentials in Sunnydale. It may be that the > majority of the world's Slayers were standing on that desert road > looking at the hole that used to be Sunnydale. Once they disperse it's > likely that there won't be any Slayers in L.A. Well, going by the history of the CoW- mcuh incompetence and sometimes utter stupidity, I would say the number of Slayers in the world numbers in the hundreds and just maybe in the thousands(~2,000 or so). I don't think the CoW ever came close to tracking down all the girls who had the potential to be Slayers. And I certainly don't think the coven had enough time to track them all down either. Smaug69

2003-05-21 07:10:02+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Pinballguy73 <pinballguy73@microsofts>)

"Arnold Kim" <kim5@erols.com> wrote in message news:baeud8$isc$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > > "AE Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:baeqdl$sg4la$1@ID-137314.news.dfncis.de... > > In alt.tv.angel Bensisco <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that > > > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > > > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > > > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? > > > > This is the aspect of the finale which I found most disturbing. I > > think this is a huge problem for the universe of the shows. Well, only one flaw with that... since there are no more watchers to tell slayers that they are slayers, it would seem that the 12 or so that seemed to be on the bus are it. Sure all the other activated potentials will know they are physically endowed, but with out training from a watcher how are they to become a true slayer.

2003-05-21 07:19:41-07:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (bensisco2@excite.com)

Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in message news:<210520030313039947%dsample@synapse.net>... > In article <a-6C47C1.01364321052003@husk.cso.niu.edu>, Darwin Fish > <a@a.edu> wrote: > > > In article <20030521020709.20421.00000102@mb-m01.aol.com>, > > kestrttn@aol.comlala (Katie) wrote: > > > > > >From: Darwin Fish a@a.edu > > > > >And what happens when most of the girls tell Buffy to get bent? > > > > > > > > > Just because there's more of them, doesn't mean their reactions would be > > > similar to the thousands of slayers before them. Giles is a trained > > > watcher, > > > and they can go to Wesley for help too. As someone else here said, I don't > > > think there's THAT many slayers out there. A lot were killed,and it seemed > > > to > > > be implied that most of the rest had made it to sunnydale. > > > > That's my point. Their reactions are likely not to be similar to those > > of previous Slayers. With no Watchers to guide them they'll likely use > > their powers for their own personal benefit.... by the time Buffy gets > > around to them their behavioral patterns will be pretty set. > > We don't know how many survived the battle, but Buffy's got at least a > dozen girls with her now who know all about what it means to be a > Slayer. That's six times more than existed the day before. > > So what if most of the girls who got their powers handed to them don't > go into the demon hunting business? They can go off and be athletes or > whatever. I suppose that one or two might try to go the crime route, > but really for a girl with Slayer abilities, they could make more money > in sports. Hey, maybe now we will see more Annika Sorenstam and Venus and Serena Williams types. This could explain a lot....Hmmm....(just kidding) ;-)

2003-05-21 10:40:15-07:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (William George Ferguson <william.george.ferguson@domail.maricopa.edu>)

On Wed, 21 May 2003 15:06:29 GMT, "Scifispace.com" <info@scifispace.com> wrote: >"Bensisco" <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote in message >news:6e2b3249.0305201839.2d8994ba@posting.google.com... >> Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that >> all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are >> countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean >> for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? >> Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is >> it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers >> running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's >> (AtS) future. >> > >I'm thinking Angel taking over W&H puts him in the perfect position >to help locate all the slayers and to rebuild a new Watcher's Council >(with Giles at the head in my world at least ;) ). Not to mention helping >rebuild the Watcher library. > >Lori They don't need W&H to locate Slayers. The "Mother of Slayers" can feel each and every one she created. She said so. -- You've reached the Tittles. We can't come to the phone right now If you want to leave a message for Christine, Press 1 For Bentley, Press 2 Or to speak to, or worship, Master Tarfall, Underlord of Pain, Press 3

2003-05-21 11:30:21-04:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"PJ Browning" <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:200520032158289751%antarian@pacbell.net... > In article <6e2b3249.0305201839.2d8994ba@posting.google.com>, Bensisco > <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith) > > IF they grow up in shitty homes with no support system, then yeah they > might go bad. But as Don said, they could make more money as professional athletes than they could in a life of crime. Arnold Kim

2003-05-21 11:37:58-05:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Darwin Fish <a@a.edu>)

In article <nPKya.2903$Et7.1143026757@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>, "Mike Craney" <mcraneyspambad@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > "Pinballguy73" <pinballguy73@microsofts free mail...> wrote in message > news:eDFya.207539$pa5.212053@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net... > > > > "Arnold Kim" <kim5@erols.com> wrote in message > > news:baeud8$isc$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > > > > > > "AE Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message > > > news:baeqdl$sg4la$1@ID-137314.news.dfncis.de... > > > > In alt.tv.angel Bensisco <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > > > > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know > that > > > > > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > > > > > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > > > > > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? > > > > > > > > This is the aspect of the finale which I found most disturbing. I > > > > think this is a huge problem for the universe of the shows. > > > > Well, only one flaw with that... since there are no more watchers to tell > > slayers that they are slayers, it would seem that the 12 or so that seemed > > to be on the bus are it. Sure all the other activated potentials will > know > > they are physically endowed, but with out training from a watcher how are > > they to become a true slayer. > > Well, we'll need more Watchers. Job openings for all. > > With multiple Slayers, seems like we have more of a "Highlander" scenario > unfolding in the Buffyverse. Buffy is going to travel the Earth slicing off their heads with her axe-thingy screaming "There can only be One!"? Now.... that I'd pay to see!

2003-05-21 13:04:19+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Mike Craney <mcraneyspambad@sbcglobal.net>)

"Pinballguy73" <pinballguy73@microsofts free mail...> wrote in message news:eDFya.207539$pa5.212053@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net... > > "Arnold Kim" <kim5@erols.com> wrote in message > news:baeud8$isc$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > > > > "AE Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message > > news:baeqdl$sg4la$1@ID-137314.news.dfncis.de... > > > In alt.tv.angel Bensisco <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > > > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that > > > > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > > > > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > > > > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? > > > > > > This is the aspect of the finale which I found most disturbing. I > > > think this is a huge problem for the universe of the shows. > > Well, only one flaw with that... since there are no more watchers to tell > slayers that they are slayers, it would seem that the 12 or so that seemed > to be on the bus are it. Sure all the other activated potentials will know > they are physically endowed, but with out training from a watcher how are > they to become a true slayer. Well, we'll need more Watchers. Job openings for all. With multiple Slayers, seems like we have more of a "Highlander" scenario unfolding in the Buffyverse. Mike > >

2003-05-21 13:47:38+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Clotilde <Dodge@ev1.net>)

"Mike Craney" <mcraneyspambad@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > >"Pinballguy73" <pinballguy73@microsofts free mail...> wrote in message >news:eDFya.207539$pa5.212053@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net... >> >> "Arnold Kim" <kim5@erols.com> wrote in message >> news:baeud8$isc$1@bob.news.rcn.net... >> > >> > "AE Jabbour" <aej17DELETEME@comcast.net> wrote in message >> > news:baeqdl$sg4la$1@ID-137314.news.dfncis.de... >> > > In alt.tv.angel Bensisco <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: >> > > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know >that >> > > > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are >> > > > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean >> > > > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? >> > > >> > > This is the aspect of the finale which I found most disturbing. I >> > > think this is a huge problem for the universe of the shows. >> >> Well, only one flaw with that... since there are no more watchers to tell >> slayers that they are slayers, it would seem that the 12 or so that seemed >> to be on the bus are it. Sure all the other activated potentials will >know >> they are physically endowed, but with out training from a watcher how are >> they to become a true slayer. > >Well, we'll need more Watchers. Job openings for all. > >With multiple Slayers, seems like we have more of a "Highlander" scenario >unfolding in the Buffyverse. > >Mike >> >> > > There is a comment by the bus at the end where they, Giles and Xander and other Scooby gang mention that the next step is to go get the other slayers and train them. I imagine that will be the job of the present slayers and of Giles and the Scooby gang. I mean. They are not likely to just hang it up and rest though the pressure is off Buffy and she can now become anything she wants to. - - ��� is akin to dropping rose petals into the Grand Canyon and waiting to hear the boom. -Neil Gaiman

2003-05-21 14:18:07-04:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <5fe774aa.0305210519.7ca8da4c@posting.google.com>, Smaug69 <smaug86@yahoo.com> wrote: > Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in message > news:<210520030025347008%dsample@synapse.net>... > > In article <6e2b3249.0305201839.2d8994ba@posting.google.com>, Bensisco > > <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > > > > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that > > > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > > > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > > > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? > > > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is > > > it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers > > > running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's > > > (AtS) future. > > > > People have talked about hundreds or thousands of Slayers around the > > world, but I think it's more like dozens. They had been working to > > gather most of the Potentials in Sunnydale. It may be that the > > majority of the world's Slayers were standing on that desert road > > looking at the hole that used to be Sunnydale. Once they disperse it's > > likely that there won't be any Slayers in L.A. > > > Well, going by the history of the CoW- mcuh incompetence and sometimes > utter stupidity, I would say the number of Slayers in the world > numbers in the hundreds and just maybe in the thousands(~2,000 or so). > I don't think the CoW ever came close to tracking down all the girls > who had the potential to be Slayers. And I certainly don't think the > coven had enough time to track them all down either. > > Smaug69 If the CoW was that bad at tracking down Potentials nearly every Slayer throughout history would have been like Buffy, completely unaware of what she was until after she was called. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-05-21 14:21:06-04:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <bag61f$k57$1@bob.news.rcn.net>, Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com> wrote: > "PJ Browning" <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote in message > news:200520032158289751%antarian@pacbell.net... > > In article <6e2b3249.0305201839.2d8994ba@posting.google.com>, Bensisco > > <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote: > > > > > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith) > > > > IF they grow up in shitty homes with no support system, then yeah they > > might go bad. > > But as Don said, they could make more money as professional athletes than > they could in a life of crime. > > Arnold Kim > A lot less work too, and they get to behave like spoiled brats, and the press will like them all the more for it. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-05-21 15:06:29+00:00 - Re: WB's Angel & unwatched/unaccounted for slayers (Chosen Spoilers) - ("Scifispace.com" <info@scifispace.com>)

"Bensisco" <bensisco2@excite.com> wrote in message news:6e2b3249.0305201839.2d8994ba@posting.google.com... > Spoiler space (Contains Buffy series finale spoilers) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Given that Buffy's series finale "Chosen" has aired, we now know that > all potential slayers have been activated. Now that there are > countless numbers of "unaccounted for" slayers, what does that mean > for Angel (assuming Angel adopts this bit of Buffyverse canon)? > Furthermore, since we know that slayers can go bad (e.g., Faith), is > it really a good thing to have so many active, unwatched slayers > running around? Could make for some interesting bad "guys" in Angel's > (AtS) future. > I'm thinking Angel taking over W&H puts him in the perfect position to help locate all the slayers and to rebuild a new Watcher's Council (with Giles at the head in my world at least ;) ). Not to mention helping rebuild the Watcher library. Lori -- ============================= WIN X-FILES SEASON 7 & DARK ANGEL SEASON 1 DVDS AT www.Scifispace.com Visit our Scifi Sites for fans by fans... www.Scifispace.com - www.Scifisource.com, www.Scificonventions.com and www.radioscifi.net And www.GothicStyles.com