FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-07 07:48:51-07:00 - Re: Best Episode titles? poll - (ShadowWalker <ashadowwalkerz@go.com>)

"Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:flP0a.3689$tO2.429303@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Which BTVS episode has the best, coolest, and most appropiate title? > My nominees(feel free to add your own): > Dead Man's Party This one definitely gets my vote, although "Never Kill a Boy on the First Date","The Pack" & "Teacher's Pet" are very close. Neither the first nor the last of those three were great episodes, but they had very appropriate & clever titles. -Kim

2003-02-07 07:48:51-07:00 - Re: Best Episode titles? poll - (ShadowWalker <ashadowwalkerz@go.com>)

"Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:flP0a.3689$tO2.429303@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Which BTVS episode has the best, coolest, and most appropiate title? > My nominees(feel free to add your own): > Dead Man's Party This one definitely gets my vote, although "Never Kill a Boy on the First Date","The Pack" & "Teacher's Pet" are very close. Neither the first nor the last of those three were great episodes, but they had very appropriate & clever titles. -Kim

2003-02-07 14:25:15+00:00 - Best Episode titles? poll - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

Which BTVS episode has the best, coolest, and most appropiate title? This is not a contest for best episode, but certainly a great title for an important episode might help that episode's title over a great title for a less important episode. My nominees(feel free to add your own): Dead Man's Party Conversations With Dead People The Body The Zeppo Hush Doppelgangland Tabula Rasa Entropy Never Kill A Boy On the First Date Bewitched, Bothered, & Bewildered The Yoko Factor and my #1 pick(though "The Body" comes in a close 2nd) - "The Zeppo" - just a really great title that sums up the episode it names while being quite simple and direct. Throw in the pop culture reference, the summation of an entire character(Xander), etc. and you're good to go.

2003-02-07 14:25:15+00:00 - Best Episode titles? poll - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

Which BTVS episode has the best, coolest, and most appropiate title? This is not a contest for best episode, but certainly a great title for an important episode might help that episode's title over a great title for a less important episode. My nominees(feel free to add your own): Dead Man's Party Conversations With Dead People The Body The Zeppo Hush Doppelgangland Tabula Rasa Entropy Never Kill A Boy On the First Date Bewitched, Bothered, & Bewildered The Yoko Factor and my #1 pick(though "The Body" comes in a close 2nd) - "The Zeppo" - just a really great title that sums up the episode it names while being quite simple and direct. Throw in the pop culture reference, the summation of an entire character(Xander), etc. and you're good to go.

2003-02-07 16:46:10+00:00 - Re: Best Episode titles? poll - (pobaw80@aol.com)

Even though I don't really enjoy the episode itself, i'm very fond of the the title "Killed By Death" Jack

2003-02-07 20:51:18+00:00 - Re: Best Episode titles? poll - (Spike <spike@bloodyawfulpoetSPAMSTOP.me.uk>)

"Pobaw80" <pobaw80@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030207114610.21544.00000973@mb-mu.aol.com... > Even though I don't really enjoy the episode itself, i'm very fond of the the > title "Killed By Death" > > Jack "Beneath You" for its clever dual resonance both within the established context of the series and Spike's personal history and its prophetic anticipation of things to come (phew!). Spike

2003-02-08 15:40:18-05:00 - Re: Best Episode titles? poll - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:flP0a.3689$tO2.429303@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Which BTVS episode has the best, coolest, and most appropiate title? This > is not a contest for best episode, but certainly a great title for an > important episode might help that episode's title over a great title for a > less important episode. > > My nominees(feel free to add your own): > > Dead Man's Party > Conversations With Dead People > The Body > The Zeppo > Hush > Doppelgangland > Tabula Rasa > Entropy > Never Kill A Boy On the First Date > Bewitched, Bothered, & Bewildered > The Yoko Factor Though my favorite title is, without a doubt, Conversations With Dead People, no list of this sort is complete without either "I Robot, You Jane" or "Once More With Feeling". Arnold Kim

[...]

2003-02-11 18:51:18+00:00 - Re: Best Episode titles? poll - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

Pobaw80 wrote: > Even though I don't really enjoy the episode itself, i'm very fond of the > the title "Killed By Death" > It's not original: there was an "Avengers" episode in the '60s. John Briggs

2003-02-12 14:17:34+00:00 - Re: Best Episode titles? poll - (dsueme@core.com)

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:25:15 GMT, "Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote: >Which BTVS episode has the best, coolest, and most appropiate title? This >is not a contest for best episode, but certainly a great title for an >important episode might help that episode's title over a great title for a >less important episode. Passion. Dave When the Prime Minister spoke yesterday I thought to myself, "I hope I'll be able to give a speech like that when I grow up" - Bill Clinton, October 2, 2002 http://my.core.com/~dsueme/power%20lines%20mail.JPG