FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-04 05:26:47+00:00 - Caleb's strength? - (babe0610@aol.com)

Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last time I checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. I've read the scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of where he got his strength. Another thing fallen through the cracks at ye olde ME. I dont think as well that the First could just give him power either. So what gives?

2003-05-04 05:26:47+00:00 - Caleb's strength? - (babe0610@aol.com)

Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last time I checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. I've read the scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of where he got his strength. Another thing fallen through the cracks at ye olde ME. I dont think as well that the First could just give him power either. So what gives?

2003-05-04 07:36:06-07:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? "Just Because"? - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Babe0610 wrote: > > Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last time I > checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. I've read the > scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of where he got his strength. > Another thing fallen through the cracks at ye olde ME. I dont think as well > that the First could just give him power either. So what gives? I think Caleb is just one of ME's "Just Because" creations. He's strong because they need him to be strong. He's not a Warlock. He doesn't seem to have any ability to use magic. Willow could probably dispose of him rather easily, but they'll probably never have a one on one. If they are going to redo the Ubie arc using Caleb in place of Ubie, then they need to make him stronger and smarter than Ubie. Ubie only got to kill one SIT, Caleb has killed two.

2003-05-04 09:20:19-05:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <b92rfl$f2cjk$1@ID-138064.news.dfncis.de>, "Speaker-to-Customers" <greebo@manx.net> wrote: > Babe0610 wrote: > > Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last > > time I checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. > > I've read the scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of > > where he got his strength. Another thing fallen through the cracks at > > ye olde ME. I dont think as well that the First could just give him > > power either. So what gives? > > I think he's draining power from the Slayers. They don't seem to be > fully up to speed. Faith should have been able to handle the cops like they > were hamsters, she shouldn't have needed any help with them. Buffy's taken > blows from Glory and from the Turok-Han which looked much harder than Caleb's > punches and she's bounced straight back up. > > They're down on power because he's got some of theirs. If that's the case, then they should tell us that at some point. Babe0610 said the scripts make no mention of the source of his strength.

2003-05-04 10:32:25-04:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? (spoilers) - ("Jason E. Vines" <jayvines@gwu.edu>)

S P O I L E R S P A C E "Babe0610" <babe0610@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030504012647.24980.00000534@mb-m02.aol.com... > Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last time I > checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. I've read the > scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of where he got his strength. > Another thing fallen through the cracks at ye olde ME. I dont think as well > that the First could just give him power either. So what gives? Thanks for the spoiler space, dumbass; oh, wait, I had to to add it... ::plonk::

2003-05-04 10:32:25-04:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? (spoilers) - ("Jason E. Vines" <jayvines@gwu.edu>)

S P O I L E R S P A C E "Babe0610" <babe0610@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030504012647.24980.00000534@mb-m02.aol.com... > Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last time I > checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. I've read the > scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of where he got his strength. > Another thing fallen through the cracks at ye olde ME. I dont think as well > that the First could just give him power either. So what gives? Thanks for the spoiler space, dumbass; oh, wait, I had to to add it... ::plonk::

2003-05-04 11:54:18+01:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? - (Speaker-to-Customers <greebo@manx.net>)

Babe0610 wrote: > Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last > time I checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. > I've read the scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of > where he got his strength. Another thing fallen through the cracks at > ye olde ME. I dont think as well that the First could just give him > power either. So what gives? I think he's draining power from the Slayers. They don't seem to be fully up to speed. Faith should have been able to handle the cops like they were hamsters, she shouldn't have needed any help with them. Buffy's taken blows from Glory and from the Turok-Han which looked much harder than Caleb's punches and she's bounced straight back up. They're down on power because he's got some of theirs. Paul Speaker-to-Customers

[...]

2003-05-04 15:12:31-05:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? - (zxcvbob <zxcvbob@charter.net>)

Michael Dracon wrote: > Babe0610 wrote: > > >>Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last time I >>checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. I've read the >>scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of where he got his strength. >>Another thing fallen through the cracks at ye olde ME. I dont think as well >>that the First could just give him power either. So what gives? > > > > Here is an idea: (SPOILERS) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I have something of you." followed by Caleb showing his superstrength. > > And then there is the text Spike finds saying the power only belongs to the > women... OMG! Caleb is a transvestite? bob

2003-05-04 15:12:31-05:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? - (zxcvbob <zxcvbob@charter.net>)

Michael Dracon wrote: > Babe0610 wrote: > > >>Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last time I >>checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. I've read the >>scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of where he got his strength. >>Another thing fallen through the cracks at ye olde ME. I dont think as well >>that the First could just give him power either. So what gives? > > > > Here is an idea: (SPOILERS) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I have something of you." followed by Caleb showing his superstrength. > > And then there is the text Spike finds saying the power only belongs to the > women... OMG! Caleb is a transvestite? bob

2003-05-04 15:28:34+01:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? - (Speaker-to-Customers <greebo@manx.net>)

BTR1701 wrote: > "Speaker-to-Customers" wrote: > >> Babe0610 wrote: >>> Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and >>> last time I checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he >>> get it. I've read the scripts for the final eps and its made no >>> mention of where he got his strength. Another thing fallen through >>> the cracks at ye olde ME. I dont think as well that the First could >>> just give him power either. So what gives? >> >> I think he's draining power from the Slayers. They don't seem to be >> fully up to speed. Faith should have been able to handle the cops >> like they were hamsters, she shouldn't have needed any help with >> them. Buffy's taken blows from Glory and from the Turok-Han which >> looked much harder than Caleb's punches and she's bounced straight >> back up. >> >> They're down on power because he's got some of theirs. > > If that's the case, then they should tell us that at some point. > Babe0610 said the scripts make no mention of the source of his > strength. I was hypothesising. I don't have any certain knowledge of the source of Caleb's strength, just putting forward an explanation which seems to fit the facts. Actually I have read spoilers which give an explanation, said to be shown in on-screen events, which conflicts with my idea, but I have no idea how accurate that spoiler source is so I'm ignoring it until after the relevant episode is broadcast - I think it will be the next new episode. Paul Speaker-to-Customers

2003-05-04 17:18:17-05:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? (spoilers) - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <vba93qn27iav06@corp.supernews.com>, "Jason E. Vines" <jayvines@gwu.edu> wrote: > > "Babe0610" <babe0610@aol.com> wrote in message > news:20030504012647.24980.00000534@mb-m02.aol.com... > > Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last > > time I checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. I've read the > > scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of where he got his strength. > > Another thing fallen through the cracks at ye olde ME. I dont think as well > > that the First could just give him power either. So what gives? > > Thanks for the spoiler space, dumbass; oh, wait, I had to to add > it... The header said spoiler. If you can't or won't read the headers, he's not the dumbass here.

2003-05-04 17:25:21+02:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? - (Michael Dracon <MichaelDracon@hotmail.com>)

[...]

2003-05-04 17:31:12+00:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? (spoilers) - (babe0610@aol.com)

Thanks for the spoiler space, dumbass; oh, wait, I had to to add it... What fucking spoiler space do I need to post an inquiry you dumbfuck. It gives no future spoilers, except from what I read that really doesnt say the reasons for his so called power. Besides if you didnt want to be "so-called spoiled" then why the hell did you read the post in the first place, let alone come to the NG, since rampant spoils are everywhere. I had to add to "you" now, dumbfuck.

2003-05-04 17:34:14-04:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? - (Stoneface <Stoneface@comcast.net>)

On Sun, 04 May 2003 17:25:21 +0200, Michael Dracon <MichaelDracon@hotmail.com> wrote: >Babe0610 wrote: > >> Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last time I >> checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. I've read the >> scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of where he got his strength. >> Another thing fallen through the cracks at ye olde ME. I dont think as well >> that the First could just give him power either. So what gives? > > >Here is an idea: (SPOILERS) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >"I have something of you." followed by Caleb showing his superstrength. > >And then there is the text Spike finds saying the power only belongs to the >women... This is just a what if but remember when the Guys that made the first slayer tried to power up buffy by forcing more demon essence /energy in to her and she rejected it? What if that energy didn't dissipate but was just floating around waiting to latch on to somebody? I'm sure the First would have to have the knowledge needed to let his servant get that power. So Caleb got strong by picking up the power buffy rejected hey it's a theory -- Stoneface AIM IamStoneface

2003-05-04 18:19:36-05:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? (spoilers) - (zxcvbob <zxcvbob@charter.net>)

BTR1701 wrote: > In article <vba93qn27iav06@corp.supernews.com>, "Jason E. Vines" > <jayvines@gwu.edu> wrote: > >>"Babe0610" <babe0610@aol.com> wrote in message >>news:20030504012647.24980.00000534@mb-m02.aol.com... > > >>>Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last >>>time I checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. I've read the >>>scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of where he got his strength. >>>Another thing fallen through the cracks at ye olde ME. I dont think as well >>>that the First could just give him power either. So what gives? >> >> Thanks for the spoiler space, dumbass; oh, wait, I had to to add >> it... > > > The header said spoiler. If you can't or won't read the headers, he's > not the dumbass here. No it didn't. "Jason" changed the subject to include the word "spoilers". Say, do you think Caleb might be Janet Reno in disguise? I know it seems far fetched, but it would explain a lot... Best regards, Bob

2003-05-05 04:07:46+00:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? (spoilers) - (Kirk <loneshoe@earthlink.net>)

"zxcvbob" <zxcvbob@charter.net> wrote > Say, do you think Caleb might be Janet Reno in disguise? I know it seems > far fetched, but it would explain a lot... LOL. After kicking the scoobies asses in the winery, I can picture the dance-party starting. -- Kirk "Lesbian? I thought she was a Pisces." -- from, "Bend It Like Beckam"

2003-05-05 04:18:21+00:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? (spoilers) - (Kirk <loneshoe@earthlink.net>)

"Babe0610" <babe0610@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030504133112.21987.00000742@mb-m11.aol.com... > Thanks for the spoiler space, dumbass; oh, wait, I had to to add it... > > > What fucking spoiler space do I need to post an inquiry you dumbfuck. It gives > no future spoilers, It was slightly spoilerish. When I think about it though, all you did is move back everyone's dissapointment a couple of weeks. I can't believe they don't explain it. Maybe they do, and you missed it? Anyway, why would anyone read future scripts? Doesn't that spoil the show? -- Kirk "Lesbian? I thought she was a Pisces." -- from, "Bend It Like Beckam"

2003-05-06 07:28:23+00:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? - (rgorman@telusplanet.net)

On 04 May 2003 05:26:47 GMT, babe0610@aol.com (Babe0610) wrote: >Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last time I >checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. I've read the >scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of where he got his strength. >Another thing fallen through the cracks at ye olde ME. I dont think as well >that the First could just give him power either. So what gives? You were wrong. The First does give him power.

2003-05-06 11:20:07-04:00 - Re: Caleb's strength? - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <3eb7664c.758380@news.telusplanet.net>, David Johnston <rgorman@telusplanet.net> wrote: > On 04 May 2003 05:26:47 GMT, babe0610@aol.com (Babe0610) wrote: > > >Why is Caleb so strong. I mean he's only a fallen preacher, and last time I > >checked fallen priests had no power. So where does he get it. I've read the > >scripts for the final eps and its made no mention of where he got his > >strength. > >Another thing fallen through the cracks at ye olde ME. I dont think as well > >that the First could just give him power either. So what gives? > > You were wrong. The First does give him power. This is open to question. In _Touched_ Caleb says "And you're in me. Gave me strength no man can have." to the First, which could mean that his strength comes directly from it, or maybe it just taught him how to do a magical power-up like the one Willow gave herself in _Two to Go_. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati