FLM films - My Webpage

2002-12-19 10:13:32-08:00 - Significance of ****** in BoTN (spoilers) - (salmoneous@aol.com)

So what's the signficance of Xander bringing up M Night Shyamalan in an episode that has people going with the whole Giles is Dead thing? Random coincidence? A clue to the truth? Red Herring? M Night Who? As for my vote - red herring. Come on folks - is it realisitic to belive that a ghost Giles could hang around a whole group for day/days and without a single person touching him and seeing his noncorporality?

2002-12-19 19:18:39+00:00 - Re: Significance of ****** in BoTN (spoilers) - (Ken <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"salmoneous" <salmoneous@aol.com> wrote in message news:54daff87.0212191013.45a6f7e3@posting.google.com... > So what's the signficance of Xander bringing up M Night Shyamalan in > an episode that has people going with the whole Giles is Dead thing? > > Random coincidence? > A clue to the truth? > Red Herring? > M Night Who? > > As for my vote - red herring. Come on folks - is it realisitic to > belive that a ghost Giles could hang around a whole group for day/days > and without a single person touching him and seeing his > noncorporality? Someone who doesn't know who--or what--he is? -- Ken from Chicago

2002-12-20 02:06:03+00:00 - Re: Significance of ****** in BoTN (spoilers) - (Rob Myers <robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net>)

In article <54daff87.0212191013.45a6f7e3@posting.google.com>, salmoneous <salmoneous@aol.com> wrote: > M Night Who? That's my vote. Well, OK, I know who he is but his films haven't intrigued me much. -- rob m at rob myers dot net

2002-12-20 03:09:09-06:00 - Re: Significance of ****** in BoTN (spoilers) - ("Rev. Cyohtee - O'k�home Ehohatse" <cyohtee@barbarian.org>)

Out of the ether "Ken" <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net> rose up and issued forth: > >"salmoneous" <salmoneous@aol.com> wrote in message >news:54daff87.0212191013.45a6f7e3@posting.google.com... >> So what's the signficance of Xander bringing up M Night Shyamalan in >> an episode that has people going with the whole Giles is Dead thing? >> >> Random coincidence? >> A clue to the truth? >> Red Herring? >> M Night Who? >> >> As for my vote - red herring. Come on folks - is it realisitic to >> belive that a ghost Giles could hang around a whole group for day/days >> and without a single person touching him and seeing his >> noncorporality? > >Someone who doesn't know who--or what--he is? > >-- Ken from Chicago > I thought it might be from "Signs", Shyamalan's latest film with Mel Gibson. Haven't seen it, but it would have been topical when they were writing this episode. -- Cyo cyohtee@ucan.foad.org http://www.barbarian.org/~cyohtee http://www.barbarian.org Dot: Oh, oh, my heart aches with the sorrow of a thousand scouts! No merit badge. I mourn my loss. Yakko: Say, those acting classes are really paying off!

2002-12-20 07:54:22-08:00 - Re: Significance of ****** in BoTN (spoilers) - (smaug86@yahoo.com)

Dawn <avs@qis.net> wrote in message news:<3E023430.BC435478@qis.net>... > salmoneous wrote: > > > So what's the signficance of Xander bringing up M Night Shyamalan in > > an episode that has people going with the whole Giles is Dead thing? > > > > Random coincidence? > > A clue to the truth? > > Red Herring? > > M Night Who? > > > > As for my vote - red herring. Come on folks - is it realisitic to > > belive that a ghost Giles could hang around a whole group for day/days > > and without a single person touching him and seeing his > > noncorporality? > > If you think his M. Night ref. was about Sixth Sense, then yes, red > herring since that wasn't the ref. he made. Xander made some comment > about keeping evil in the pantry [or whatever] and then said "you mean m. > knight shamalamadingdong was lying to us?' [paraphrased by me] He was > referring to Signs...the crop circle alien M. Night flick where the > monster thingy hid in a pantry.... > > Since it referred to Signs, I say the reference had nothing to do with > whether or not Giles is dead/FE-possessed or alive. All of this can be answered if the Scoobies just throw water on Giles. Smaug69

2002-12-20 08:41:50+00:00 - Re: Significance of ****** in BoTN (spoilers) - (Ken <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Don Sample" <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in message news:191220021807468758%dsample@synapse.net... > In article <3E023430.BC435478@qis.net>, Dawn <avs@qis.net> wrote: > > > > If you think his M. Night ref. was about Sixth Sense, then yes, red > > herring since that wasn't the ref. he made. Xander made some comment > > about keeping evil in the pantry [or whatever] and then said "you mean m. > > knight shamalamadingdong was lying to us?' [paraphrased by me] He was > > referring to Signs...the crop circle alien M. Night flick where the > > monster thingy hid in a pantry.... > > > > Since it referred to Signs, I say the reference had nothing to do with > > whether or not Giles is dead/FE-possessed or alive. > > > > Dawn > > Or the were trying to be subtle. Making a direct _Sixth Sense_ > reference would be troll hammer obvoius. They covered it with a > _Signs_ reference, making it just a sledge hammer. > > -- > Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net > Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ > Quando omni flunkus moritati Joss does the triple reverse deals, like in S5 when Joyce first went to the hospital but it was a "false alarm" and it was really RILEY who had heart problems--only that was feint for covering the fact that JOYCE was the one REALLY sick. -- Ken from Chicago

2002-12-20 17:42:17+00:00 - Re: Significance of ****** in BoTN (spoilers) - (Ken <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Dawn" <avs@qis.net> wrote in message news:3E023430.BC435478@qis.net... > salmoneous wrote: > > > So what's the signficance of Xander bringing up M Night Shyamalan in > > an episode that has people going with the whole Giles is Dead thing? > > > > Random coincidence? > > A clue to the truth? > > Red Herring? > > M Night Who? > > > > As for my vote - red herring. Come on folks - is it realisitic to > > belive that a ghost Giles could hang around a whole group for day/days > > and without a single person touching him and seeing his > > noncorporality? > > If you think his M. Night ref. was about Sixth Sense, then yes, red > herring since that wasn't the ref. he made. Xander made some comment > about keeping evil in the pantry [or whatever] and then said "you mean m. > knight shamalamadingdong was lying to us?' [paraphrased by me] He was > referring to Signs...the crop circle alien M. Night flick where the > monster thingy hid in a pantry.... > > Since it referred to Signs, I say the reference had nothing to do with > whether or not Giles is dead/FE-possessed or alive. > > Dawn > Do NOT put it past Joss to do a DOUBLE reference. Maybe boards can't keep evil in the pantry--because evil is ALREADY inside, only we, they and even Giles himself doesn't recognize it. -- Ken from Chicago

2002-12-20 17:44:28+00:00 - Re: Significance of ****** in BoTN (spoilers) - (Ken <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Smaug69" <smaug86@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5fe774aa.0212200754.4259568c@posting.google.com... > Dawn <avs@qis.net> wrote in message news:<3E023430.BC435478@qis.net>... > > salmoneous wrote: > > > > > So what's the signficance of Xander bringing up M Night Shyamalan in > > > an episode that has people going with the whole Giles is Dead thing? > > > > > > Random coincidence? > > > A clue to the truth? > > > Red Herring? > > > M Night Who? > > > > > > As for my vote - red herring. Come on folks - is it realisitic to > > > belive that a ghost Giles could hang around a whole group for day/days > > > and without a single person touching him and seeing his > > > noncorporality? > > > > If you think his M. Night ref. was about Sixth Sense, then yes, red > > herring since that wasn't the ref. he made. Xander made some comment > > about keeping evil in the pantry [or whatever] and then said "you mean m. > > knight shamalamadingdong was lying to us?' [paraphrased by me] He was > > referring to Signs...the crop circle alien M. Night flick where the > > monster thingy hid in a pantry.... > > > > Since it referred to Signs, I say the reference had nothing to do with > > whether or not Giles is dead/FE-possessed or alive. > > All of this can be answered if the Scoobies just throw water on Giles. > > Smaug69 Silly, dragon. They have to hit bottles of water with a SPORTS implement--and HOPE the water splashes on Giles! -- Ken from Chicaos | o

2002-12-20 21:22:05+11:00 - Re: Significance of ****** in BoTN (spoilers) - (Melissa <mel_may@no.hotmail.spam.com>)

"salmoneous" <salmoneous@aol.com> wrote in message news:54daff87.0212191013.45a6f7e3@posting.google.com... > So what's the signficance of Xander bringing up M Night Shyamalan in > an episode that has people going with the whole Giles is Dead thing? > > Random coincidence? > A clue to the truth? > Red Herring? > M Night Who? > > As for my vote - red herring. Come on folks - is it realisitic to > belive that a ghost Giles could hang around a whole group for day/days > and without a single person touching him and seeing his > noncorporality? Vague spoilers for Shymalan's 'Signs' below.. . . . . . . . . . .. I thought it had to do with 'Signs'....in the movie they board up all the windows and doors to keep the aliens out.. and one alien is trapped in a pantry cupboard and can't escape. I think that scene in particular is exactly what Xander was referring to (after having just boarded up the windows too).

2002-12-26 01:23:20+00:00 - Re: Significance of ****** in BoTN (spoilers) - (ausshiraz@aol.com)