FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-21 12:17:07-05:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - ("Rick Ramey, Mere Mortal" <rickramey@tepidmail.com>)

On 21 May 2003 17:12:46 GMT, fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote: >This is the best newsgroup in the world. You know, I long ago gave up posting >to topical newsgroups if I had a question about buying cars or who recorded >what song, or if I wanted to discuss an obscure movie. So many people read and >post here that there will always be someone who knows about the topic. > >A great many brilliant, funny and sweet people have posted here. And some mean >people who helped me get a thicker skin and taught me how to respond to baiting >with humor or grace rather than flaming back. > >IMO one of the greatest losses with the passing of this show will be the >gradual passing of this newsgroup. I pray something will replace it as a >community for thinkers, artists, comedians, kids, slackers and analysts, and >when it does, I'll be clued in. I will be so there. > >"God had tempered judgment with mercy." -- Jane Eyre > > I used to be merely concerned about your mental state of late and now I'm downright scared. :P

2003-05-21 14:05:09-07:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (igs622001@yahoo.com)

fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote in message news:<20030521131246.27030.00000084@mb-m06.aol.com>... > This is the best newsgroup in the world. You know, I long ago gave up posting > to topical newsgroups if I had a question about buying cars or who recorded > what song, or if I wanted to discuss an obscure movie. So many people read and > post here that there will always be someone who knows about the topic. It *has* been fun. Great debates and lots of good insight. > A great many brilliant, funny and sweet people have posted here. Hey, I'm here too! > And some mean people who helped me get a thicker skin and taught me how to > respond to baiting with humor or grace rather than flaming back. Ah... recognition at last. :) > IMO one of the greatest losses with the passing of this show will be the > gradual passing of this newsgroup. I pray something will replace it as a > community for thinkers, artists, comedians, kids, slackers and analysts, and > when it does, I'll be clued in. I will be so there. Well, one of BtVS's strengths was that it was able to draw in viewers from a wide variety of backgrounds. Not so surprising that that was reflected in this newsgroup. My guess, we'll all be bickering over AtS next season.

2003-05-21 16:04:59-04:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (The Babaloughesian <me@privacy.net>)

"Rick Ramey, Mere Mortal" <rickramey@tepidmail.com> wrote in message news:82dncvg4cu824n6il4d8dnqj91vhulbps0@4ax.com... > On 21 May 2003 17:12:46 GMT, fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote: > > >This is the best newsgroup in the world. You know, I long ago gave up posting > >to topical newsgroups if I had a question about buying cars or who recorded > >what song, or if I wanted to discuss an obscure movie. So many people read and > >post here that there will always be someone who knows about the topic. > > > >A great many brilliant, funny and sweet people have posted here. And some mean > >people who helped me get a thicker skin and taught me how to respond to baiting > >with humor or grace rather than flaming back. > > > >IMO one of the greatest losses with the passing of this show will be the > >gradual passing of this newsgroup. I pray something will replace it as a > >community for thinkers, artists, comedians, kids, slackers and analysts, and > >when it does, I'll be clued in. I will be so there. > > > >"God had tempered judgment with mercy." -- Jane Eyre > > > > > > I used to be merely concerned about your mental state of late and now > I'm downright scared. :P Me too. Only, without the ":P"

2003-05-21 17:12:46+00:00 - The Bestest Newsgroup - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2003-05-21 17:46:57+00:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (UN <unwilly@nomail.sbcglobal.net>)

"Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message news:20030521131246.27030.00000084@mb-m06.aol.com... > This is the best newsgroup in the world. Yes. >I pray something will replace it as a community for thinkers, artists, comedians, kids, slackers and analysts, and >when it does, I'll be clued in. I will be so there. I doubt I will see it. Good Bye Rose. Unwilly

2003-05-21 17:46:57+00:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (UN <unwilly@nomail.sbcglobal.net>)

"Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message news:20030521131246.27030.00000084@mb-m06.aol.com... > This is the best newsgroup in the world. Yes. >I pray something will replace it as a community for thinkers, artists, comedians, kids, slackers and analysts, and >when it does, I'll be clued in. I will be so there. I doubt I will see it. Good Bye Rose. Unwilly

2003-05-21 19:17:32+00:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

It's really a testament to the greatness of BTVS that it drew this group and its posters together. ME should thank its lucky stars that the fan community is as good as it is, or I would have probably stopped watching the show by now.

2003-05-21 19:58:47+00:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (Papa Smurf <fakeaddress@Iwantnospam.crap>)

"Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message news:20030521131246.27030.00000084@mb-m06.aol.com... > This is the best newsgroup in the world. You know, I long ago gave up posting > to topical newsgroups if I had a question about buying cars or who recorded > what song, or if I wanted to discuss an obscure movie. So many people read and > post here that there will always be someone who knows about the topic. > > A great many brilliant, funny and sweet people have posted here. And some mean > people who helped me get a thicker skin and taught me how to respond to baiting > with humor or grace rather than flaming back. > > IMO one of the greatest losses with the passing of this show will be the > gradual passing of this newsgroup. I pray something will replace it as a > community for thinkers, artists, comedians, kids, slackers and analysts, and > when it does, I'll be clued in. I will be so there. > > "God had tempered judgment with mercy." -- Jane Eyre > Often this group lowered my enjoyment of the show (by making me see flaws I otherwise had missed - or when it seemed mired in negativeity) but it also helkped me more fully enjoy the heights to which this show crested. Mostly I lurked, reading as much as I could, and usually if I posted it had little to do with BtVS. But I always found my way back here between my trips, and I while I will be here until this group is no more, I wanted to say thanks to you all. Garth -- That's the kind of woolly-headed, liberal thinking that leads to being eaten.

2003-05-21 20:07:05+02:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (Wouter Valentijn <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>)

"Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> schreef in bericht news:20030521131246.27030.00000084@mb-m06.aol.com... > This is the best newsgroup in the world. You know, I long ago gave up posting > to topical newsgroups if I had a question about buying cars or who recorded > what song, or if I wanted to discuss an obscure movie. So many people read and > post here that there will always be someone who knows about the topic. > > A great many brilliant, funny and sweet people have posted here. And some mean > people who helped me get a thicker skin and taught me how to respond to baiting > with humor or grace rather than flaming back. > > IMO one of the greatest losses with the passing of this show will be the > gradual passing of this newsgroup. I pray something will replace it as a > community for thinkers, artists, comedians, kids, slackers and analysts, and > when it does, I'll be clued in. I will be so there. I love this NG too. As for other shows as great as this one.... I considered this one as a sig recently: "In every generation there is a television show that boldly goes where no one has gone before!" I don't believe this NG is over just yet. It's rather a large group (the largest I visit) and Buffy has not finished all over the world. People will still come here. People for whom this all is still new. And Buffy will have reruns all over the world. This NG might survive in the years to come, maybe even decades. There are NG's out there dedicated to much older series. Think of Star Trek (The Original Series). Still going strong. Episodes are still being discussed. The same will happen to Buffy. All I'm saying is: This NG is not over yet. It won't be for a long time. > > "God had tempered judgment with mercy." -- Jane Eyre > > > -- Wouter Valentijn 'Carpe Diem' www.zeppodunsel.nl

2003-05-21 21:04:48-07:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (sean.daugherty@oberlin.edu)

fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote in message news:<20030521171239.05521.00000101@mb-m04.aol.com>... > >From: "The Babaloughesian" me@privacy.net > >"Rick Ramey, Mere Mortal" <rickramey@tepidmail.com> wrote in message > >news:82dncvg4cu824n6il4d8dnqj91vhulbps0@4ax.com... > >> On 21 May 2003 17:12:46 GMT, fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote: > >> >IMO one of the greatest losses with the passing of this show will be the > >> >gradual passing of this newsgroup. I pray something will replace it as a > >> >community for thinkers, artists, comedians, kids, slackers and analysts, > and > >> >when it does, I'll be clued in. I will be so there. > >> I used to be merely concerned about your mental state of late and now > >> I'm downright scared. :P > > > >Me too. Only, without the ":P" > > > > > > I worry about the mental state of people who worry about the mental state of > people online. Personally, I worry about the mental state of people who worry about the mental state of people who worry about the mental state of people online, or something.... ;-) Oh, and I agree with your original thoughts, Rose. This place is great....

2003-05-21 21:12:39+00:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2003-05-21 23:54:31+00:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (schlitzdrinker@aol.comekingdom)

In article <20030521131246.27030.00000084@mb-m06.aol.com>, fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) writes: >This is the best newsgroup in the world. You know, I long ago gave up >posting >to topical newsgroups if I had a question about buying cars or who recorded >what song, or if I wanted to discuss an obscure movie. So many people read >and >post here that there will always be someone who knows about the topic. > Exactly. It's an all purpose newsgroup that just happens to attract Buffy fans. >A great many brilliant, funny and sweet people have posted here. And some >mean >people who helped me get a thicker skin and taught me how to respond to >baiting >with humor or grace rather than flaming back. > Up yours, bitch. >IMO one of the greatest losses with the passing of this show will be the >gradual passing of this newsgroup. I pray something will replace it as a >community for thinkers, artists, comedians, kids, slackers and analysts, and >when it does, I'll be clued in. I will be so there. > All I can say is, "Ditto." I was going to post something very similar to this but you've said it better than I could. This newsgroup freaking rocks and I hope most of the people either hang around here or migrate to the Angel group. Your pal, Barney As Irish life runs to secret societies, so English life seems to run naturally to parricide movements. We are a nation of father-haters. --- V. S. Pritchett

2003-05-22 02:15:02+00:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (Shorty <notrealshorty@hotmail.com>)

On 21 May 2003 17:12:46 GMT, fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote: >This is the best newsgroup in the world. Shucks Rose I try. > >A great many brilliant, funny and sweet people have posted here. Yep thanks. >And some mean >people who helped me get a thicker skin and taught me how to respond to baiting >with humor or grace rather than flaming back. Screw you and your attitude. > >IMO one of the greatest losses with the passing of this show will be the >gradual passing of this newsgroup. I pray something will replace it as a >community for thinkers, artists, comedians, kids, slackers and analysts, and >when it does, I'll be clued in. I will be so there. I'll be gone in a couple of days. It was fun while it lasted. Who knows I might come back for Angel next season. >"God had tempered judgment with mercy." -- Jane Eyre > > Shorty

[...]

2003-05-22 04:45:38+00:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

Barney wrote: > taught me how to respond to >>baiting >>with humor or grace rather than flaming back. >> > >Up yours, bitch. Hahahaha. God bless thee. "God had tempered judgment with mercy." -- Jane Eyre

2003-05-22 11:32:45-04:00 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (Ebie <sybil5000@yahoo.com>)

Thus spake fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose): >>Subject: Re: The Bestest Newsgroup >>From: "The Babaloughesian" me@privacy.net >>Date: 5/21/2003 1:04 PM Pacific Daylight Time >>Message-id: <bagm5d$sstlp$1@ID-177202.news.dfncis.de> >> >> >>"Rick Ramey, Mere Mortal" <rickramey@tepidmail.com> wrote in message >>news:82dncvg4cu824n6il4d8dnqj91vhulbps0@4ax.com... >>> On 21 May 2003 17:12:46 GMT, fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote: >>> >>> >This is the best newsgroup in the world. You know, I long ago gave up >>posting >>> >to topical newsgroups if I had a question about buying cars or who >>recorded >>> >what song, or if I wanted to discuss an obscure movie. So many people >>read and >>> >post here that there will always be someone who knows about the topic. >>> > >>> >A great many brilliant, funny and sweet people have posted here. And >>some mean >>> >people who helped me get a thicker skin and taught me how to respond to >>baiting >>> >with humor or grace rather than flaming back. >>> > >>> >IMO one of the greatest losses with the passing of this show will be the >>> >gradual passing of this newsgroup. I pray something will replace it as a >>> >community for thinkers, artists, comedians, kids, slackers and analysts, >>and >>> >when it does, I'll be clued in. I will be so there. >>> > >>> >"God had tempered judgment with mercy." -- Jane Eyre >>> > >>> > >>> >>> I used to be merely concerned about your mental state of late and now >>> I'm downright scared. :P >> >>Me too. Only, without the ":P" >> >> > >I worry about the mental state of people who worry about the mental state of >people online. > I'll see that worry and raise you... no better illustration could be provided about that "thicker skin" thingie :) It's been swell. As you said, a fine newsgroup, exceptionally civilized. Can you *believe* how many posts have come through in the last two days? I simply had to bite the bullet and mark about 800 or 1000 of them read and move on. I expect I'll leave gradually, dribs and drabs, out of mind, out of sight... already I feel the need for a postmortem winding down, although not completely out of my system yet. Is it ok if I say bye now, even if I'm not completely gone? It's been a pleasure y'all. !su fo eno ouy tpecca ew ouy tpecca ew abbag abbag -- "I'm set free... to find a new illusion."

[...]

2003-05-22 17:17:01+09:30 - Re: The Bestest Newsgroup - (Elfbard <elfbard@iprimus.com.au>)

Be of good cheer, oh gentle Rose Bloodied we may be but never bowed Through Willow/Kennedy & Spike OOCness we may endure but oh what heights we have known and shall know again. Stand tall oh petaled one through NeoGiles and HeartlessBuffy for much can be said about he who says not much. Many we have known through the years some amusing, some annoying but all with their place. Some journeys are on their last step but some have only just begun. Thank you my stalwart friend for walking with me on this pah and may the wind be forever at your back.