FLM films - My Webpage

2003-03-19 00:06:10-06:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? (well-known spoiler within) - ("Stimpson J. Cat" <house@next.tuesday>)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:48:43 -0500, Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: > >And they should have had Willow and Fred going all geeky over some >article in _Physical Review Letters_ or something like that, such as: >"Polarization Message Encoding through Vectorial Chaos Synchronization >in Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers." So what did I not get at the end when Willow says "I'm seeing somebody". I hate to sound like a doof asking the same old stupid crap, but is Fred gay or bi or something? I don't usually watch Angel. Stimpson

2003-03-19 00:18:09-06:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? (well-known spoiler within) - ("Stimpson J. Cat" <house@next.tuesday>)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 06:10:16 GMT, jake <wya_duckj@hotmail.com> wrote: >> >>Stimpson > >I think Willow was just so obviously into Fred that it made her gaydar >a little jumpy. Yes. I thought that was possibly it. A glitch in the gaydar caused by being flustered. A shy willow flustery glitch. Stimpson

2003-03-19 00:48:43-05:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? (well-known spoiler within) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <DiTda.164544$6b3.458647@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>, Brian the Snorf <blehr@gladstone.uoregon.edu> wrote: > "jake" <wya_duckj@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:q0vf7vk29harb37u8icm8129htqpd1htom@4ax.com... > > On 19 Mar 2003 04:58:12 GMT, instantimpresive@aol.com > > (InstantImpresive) wrote: > > > > >I know WB programs different than your NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox channels do.... > but > > >if war erupts tomorrow (unfortunately is most likely), will Angel be > aired or > > >what? Because I remember they aired normal programming on September 11 > > > > Looks like maybe not: > > > > http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/18/television.primetime.reut/ > > > > "The WB will likely simulcast CNN coverage for a few hours of the > > fighting. > > Well, the wildfeed aired (albeit late), so I'd say there's a good chance of > the episode itself airing. BTW, everyone in a.t.b-v-s should watch, because > you get to see Willow being...well...cute. Which doesn't happen much > anymore on her normal show. > > -Snorf I thought she was being too cute, like Mere Smith only watched a few old Buffy episodes, and then got told that Willow is big into the magic, flayed a guy, tried to destroy the world, and oh yeah, she's gay now. And they should have had Willow and Fred going all geeky over some article in _Physical Review Letters_ or something like that, such as: "Polarization Message Encoding through Vectorial Chaos Synchronization in Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers." -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-03-19 01:43:01-05:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <20030319011732.00564.00001479@mb-de.aol.com>, Klyfix <klyfix@aol.comedy> wrote: > In article <q0vf7vk29harb37u8icm8129htqpd1htom@4ax.com>, jake > <wya_duckj@hotmail.com> writes: > > > > >On 19 Mar 2003 04:58:12 GMT, instantimpresive@aol.com > >(InstantImpresive) wrote: > > > >>I know WB programs different than your NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox channels do.... > >but > >>if war erupts tomorrow (unfortunately is most likely), will Angel be aired > >or > >>what? Because I remember they aired normal programming on September 11 > > > >Looks like maybe not: > > > >http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/18/television.primetime.reut/ > > > >"The WB will likely simulcast CNN coverage for a few hours of the > >fighting. > > > > Well, depends on when the actual war starts. Going with the 48 hour thing > that would imply the war would start Wednesday evening our time, but that's > something like 4 in the morning Iraq time which gives them something like > three hours of the desired initial darkness they're wanting. On the other > hand, > the initial bit is supposed to be a humungous series of air attackes which > might not be as dependent on the dark. If you're going to attack someone, 4am is pretty much the best time to do it. It's when the defender's biological clocks are telling them they're supposed to be asleep. The attackers know what day they're going to be attacking on, so they can have their soldiers all well rested, and wide awake for the actual attack night, but the defenders don't know when it's coming, so they have to be alert *all* the time, and the longer you try to sustain the alert, the tougher it gets to stay awake, and it's toughest at 4am. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-03-19 04:58:12+00:00 - will Angel be on tomorrow? - (instantimpresive@aol.com)

2003-03-19 05:14:36+00:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? - (jake <wya_duckj@hotmail.com>)

On 19 Mar 2003 04:58:12 GMT, instantimpresive@aol.com (InstantImpresive) wrote: >I know WB programs different than your NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox channels do.... but >if war erupts tomorrow (unfortunately is most likely), will Angel be aired or >what? Because I remember they aired normal programming on September 11 Looks like maybe not: http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/18/television.primetime.reut/ "The WB will likely simulcast CNN coverage for a few hours of the fighting. UPN is the sole broadcaster planning to stick with regular programming, though CBS News will produce hourly UPN-branded prime-time war updates."

2003-03-19 05:33:23+00:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? (well-known spoiler within) - (Brian the Snorf <blehr@gladstone.uoregon.edu>)

2003-03-19 05:59:44+00:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? (well-known spoiler within) - (jake <wya_duckj@hotmail.com>)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:48:43 -0500, Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: >In article <DiTda.164544$6b3.458647@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>, Brian >the Snorf <blehr@gladstone.uoregon.edu> wrote: > >> "jake" <wya_duckj@hotmail.com> wrote in message >> news:q0vf7vk29harb37u8icm8129htqpd1htom@4ax.com... >> > On 19 Mar 2003 04:58:12 GMT, instantimpresive@aol.com >> > (InstantImpresive) wrote: >> > >> > >I know WB programs different than your NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox channels do.... >> but >> > >if war erupts tomorrow (unfortunately is most likely), will Angel be >> aired or >> > >what? Because I remember they aired normal programming on September 11 >> > >> > Looks like maybe not: >> > >> > http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/18/television.primetime.reut/ >> > >> > "The WB will likely simulcast CNN coverage for a few hours of the >> > fighting. >> >> Well, the wildfeed aired (albeit late), so I'd say there's a good chance of >> the episode itself airing. BTW, everyone in a.t.b-v-s should watch, because >> you get to see Willow being...well...cute. Which doesn't happen much >> anymore on her normal show. >> >> -Snorf > >I thought she was being too cute, like Mere Smith only watched a few >old Buffy episodes, and then got told that Willow is big into the >magic, flayed a guy, tried to destroy the world, and oh yeah, she's gay >now. I thought most of the cuteness derived from her delivery, which is influenced more by the actor, director and editor. Why must it always be the writer who gets the blame?

2003-03-19 06:10:16+00:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? (well-known spoiler within) - (jake <wya_duckj@hotmail.com>)

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:06:10 -0600, Stimpson J. Cat <house@next.tuesday> wrote: >On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:48:43 -0500, Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> >wrote: > > >> >>And they should have had Willow and Fred going all geeky over some >>article in _Physical Review Letters_ or something like that, such as: >>"Polarization Message Encoding through Vectorial Chaos Synchronization >>in Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers." > >So what did I not get at the end when Willow says "I'm seeing >somebody". I hate to sound like a doof asking the same old stupid >crap, but is Fred gay or bi or something? I don't usually watch >Angel. > >Stimpson I think Willow was just so obviously into Fred that it made her gaydar a little jumpy.

2003-03-19 06:17:32+00:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? - (klyfix@aol.comedy)

In article <q0vf7vk29harb37u8icm8129htqpd1htom@4ax.com>, jake <wya_duckj@hotmail.com> writes: > >On 19 Mar 2003 04:58:12 GMT, instantimpresive@aol.com >(InstantImpresive) wrote: > >>I know WB programs different than your NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox channels do.... >but >>if war erupts tomorrow (unfortunately is most likely), will Angel be aired >or >>what? Because I remember they aired normal programming on September 11 > >Looks like maybe not: > >http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/18/television.primetime.reut/ > >"The WB will likely simulcast CNN coverage for a few hours of the >fighting. > Well, depends on when the actual war starts. Going with the 48 hour thing that would imply the war would start Wednesday evening our time, but that's something like 4 in the morning Iraq time which gives them something like three hours of the desired initial darkness they're wanting. On the other hand, the initial bit is supposed to be a humungous series of air attackes which might not be as dependent on the dark. Oh well. I missed a couple silly shows on Monday (Veritas: the Quest and Miracles) from the war stuff already. Not wanting to miss Angel, but we should all be informed and stuff. V. S. Greene : klyfix@aol.com : Boston, near Arkham... Eckzylon: http://m1.aol.com/klyfix/eckzylon.html Oh whee, another war. Maybe two. Can we get three?

2003-03-19 07:41:12+00:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? (well-known spoiler within) - (Brian the Snorf <blehr@gladstone.uoregon.edu>)

"jake" <wya_duckj@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:pc2g7vs532pdbujmuuuel1pfhm6qur47a7@4ax.com... > On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:06:10 -0600, Stimpson J. Cat > <house@next.tuesday> wrote: > > >On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:48:43 -0500, Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> > >wrote: > > > > > >> > >>And they should have had Willow and Fred going all geeky over some > >>article in _Physical Review Letters_ or something like that, such as: > >>"Polarization Message Encoding through Vectorial Chaos Synchronization > >>in Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers." > > > >So what did I not get at the end when Willow says "I'm seeing > >somebody". I hate to sound like a doof asking the same old stupid > >crap, but is Fred gay or bi or something? I don't usually watch > >Angel. > > > >Stimpson > > I think Willow was just so obviously into Fred that it made her gaydar > a little jumpy. More evidence that W/K is not serious/important and that "The Killer in Me" was a waste of time, as is the entire W/K relationship. -Snorf

2003-03-19 07:54:16+00:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? (well-known spoiler within) - (Brian the Snorf <blehr@gladstone.uoregon.edu>)

"jake" <wya_duckj@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:rn1g7v818sjdu22eji9apsdbo1qur25tco@4ax.com... > On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:48:43 -0500, Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> > wrote: > > >In article <DiTda.164544$6b3.458647@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>, Brian > >the Snorf <blehr@gladstone.uoregon.edu> wrote: > > > >> "jake" <wya_duckj@hotmail.com> wrote in message > >> news:q0vf7vk29harb37u8icm8129htqpd1htom@4ax.com... > >> > On 19 Mar 2003 04:58:12 GMT, instantimpresive@aol.com > >> > (InstantImpresive) wrote: > >> > > >> > >I know WB programs different than your NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox channels do.... > >> but > >> > >if war erupts tomorrow (unfortunately is most likely), will Angel be > >> aired or > >> > >what? Because I remember they aired normal programming on September 11 > >> > > >> > Looks like maybe not: > >> > > >> > http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/18/television.primetime.reut/ > >> > > >> > "The WB will likely simulcast CNN coverage for a few hours of the > >> > fighting. > >> > >> Well, the wildfeed aired (albeit late), so I'd say there's a good chance of > >> the episode itself airing. BTW, everyone in a.t.b-v-s should watch, because > >> you get to see Willow being...well...cute. Which doesn't happen much > >> anymore on her normal show. > >> > >> -Snorf > > > >I thought she was being too cute, like Mere Smith only watched a few > >old Buffy episodes, and then got told that Willow is big into the > >magic, flayed a guy, tried to destroy the world, and oh yeah, she's gay > >now. > > I thought most of the cuteness derived from her delivery, which is > influenced more by the actor, director and editor. Why must it always > be the writer who gets the blame? She was probably all giddy being around Alexis. -Snorf

2003-03-19 12:36:03-05:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? (well-known spoiler within) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <2__da.2778$ug.470@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net>, John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com> wrote: > Don Sample wrote: > > In article <DiTda.164544$6b3.458647@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>, Brian > > the Snorf <blehr@gladstone.uoregon.edu> wrote: > > > >> "jake" <wya_duckj@hotmail.com> wrote in message > >> news:q0vf7vk29harb37u8icm8129htqpd1htom@4ax.com... > >>> On 19 Mar 2003 04:58:12 GMT, instantimpresive@aol.com > >>> (InstantImpresive) wrote: > >>> > >>>> I know WB programs different than your NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox channels > >>>> do.... but if war erupts tomorrow (unfortunately is most likely), will > >>>> Angel be aired or what? Because I remember they aired normal > >>>> programming on September 11 > >>> > >>> Looks like maybe not: > >>> > >>> http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/18/television.primetime.reut/ > >>> > >>> "The WB will likely simulcast CNN coverage for a few hours of the > >>> fighting. > >> > >> Well, the wildfeed aired (albeit late), so I'd say there's a good chance > >> of the episode itself airing. BTW, everyone in a.t.b-v-s should watch, > >> because you get to see Willow being...well...cute. Which doesn't happen > >> much anymore on her normal show. > >> > >> -Snorf > > > > I thought she was being too cute, like Mere Smith only watched a few > > old Buffy episodes, and then got told that Willow is big into the > > magic, flayed a guy, tried to destroy the world, and oh yeah, she's gay > > now. > > > > And they should have had Willow and Fred going all geeky over some > > article in _Physical Review Letters_ or something like that, such as: > > "Polarization Message Encoding through Vectorial Chaos Synchronization > > in Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers." > > Well, it's possible for Phys. Rev. Lett., but I'd expect to find it in > Applied Physics Letters or Optics Letters. > > John Briggs I actually copied that title from the _Physical Review Letters_ web site. <http://ojps.aip.org/dbt/dbt.jsp?KEY=PRLTAO&Volume=90&Issue=11> -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-03-19 14:17:34+00:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? (well-known spoiler within) - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

2003-03-19 14:56:27-08:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? - (liled0027@yahoo.com)

I don't know...the war coverage stuff is totally confusing me...I hope that Miracles etc. are on next week. I have only seen one show but I really like it and can't wait to get more invovled!!! klyfix@aol.comedy (Klyfix) wrote in message news:<20030319011732.00564.00001479@mb-de.aol.com>... > In article <q0vf7vk29harb37u8icm8129htqpd1htom@4ax.com>, jake > <wya_duckj@hotmail.com> writes: > > > > >On 19 Mar 2003 04:58:12 GMT, instantimpresive@aol.com > >(InstantImpresive) wrote: > > > >>I know WB programs different than your NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox channels do.... > but > >>if war erupts tomorrow (unfortunately is most likely), will Angel be aired > or > >>what? Because I remember they aired normal programming on September 11 > > > >Looks like maybe not: > > > >http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/03/18/television.primetime.reut/ > > > >"The WB will likely simulcast CNN coverage for a few hours of the > >fighting. > > > > Well, depends on when the actual war starts. Going with the 48 hour thing > that would imply the war would start Wednesday evening our time, but that's > something like 4 in the morning Iraq time which gives them something like > three hours of the desired initial darkness they're wanting. On the other hand, > the initial bit is supposed to be a humungous series of air attackes which > might not be as dependent on the dark. > > Oh well. I missed a couple silly shows on Monday (Veritas: the Quest > and Miracles) from the war stuff already. Not wanting to miss Angel, but > we should all be informed and stuff. > > V. S. Greene : klyfix@aol.com : Boston, near Arkham... > Eckzylon: http://m1.aol.com/klyfix/eckzylon.html > Oh whee, another war. Maybe two. Can we get three?

[...]

2003-03-19 17:45:51+00:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? (well-known spoiler within) - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

Don Sample wrote: >>> some >>> article in _Physical Review Letters_ or something like that, such as: >>> "Polarization Message Encoding through Vectorial Chaos Synchronization >>> in Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers." >> >> Well, it's possible for Phys. Rev. Lett., but I'd expect to find it in >> Applied Physics Letters or Optics Letters. >> > > I actually copied that title from the _Physical Review Letters_ web > site. > Well, I said it was possible - it's Phys. Rev. E type stuff - but it's not typical. :-) John Briggs

2003-03-19 17:45:51+00:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? (well-known spoiler within) - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

Don Sample wrote: >>> some >>> article in _Physical Review Letters_ or something like that, such as: >>> "Polarization Message Encoding through Vectorial Chaos Synchronization >>> in Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Lasers." >> >> Well, it's possible for Phys. Rev. Lett., but I'd expect to find it in >> Applied Physics Letters or Optics Letters. >> > > I actually copied that title from the _Physical Review Letters_ web > site. > Well, I said it was possible - it's Phys. Rev. E type stuff - but it's not typical. :-) John Briggs

2003-03-20 17:49:04-05:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? - (Frank Forrester <timeman1@ix.netcom.com>)

Klyfix wrote: > >Oh well. I missed a couple silly shows on Monday (Veritas: the Quest >and Miracles) from the war stuff already. Not wanting to miss Angel, but >we should all be informed and stuff. > >V. S. Greene : klyfix@aol.com : Boston, near Arkham... >Eckzylon: http://m1.aol.com/klyfix/eckzylon.html >Oh whee, another war. Maybe two. Can we get three? > > Veritas the Quest was good this week. I don't about Miracles yet as I haven't watch the episode yet. If you have broadband you can get the episodes using Bittorrent. You can also get the angel episode too. The great thing about bittorrents is that the episodes are put up within a couple of hours after the wildfeed airs. For example Veritas the Quest is up on the sights by early sunday morning, Miracles is usually up by mid day on monday and Angel is usually up by mid day on tuesday. To find a site that has bittorrents on it you can do a simple search on google by searching for "bit torrent angel" this will give you some sites. The reason you need broadband is because the files are around 450mb in size. Frank

2003-03-22 12:16:53-08:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? - (trv0r@hotmail.com)

I use www.watchen.tv for finding episodes, it is a Bittorrent Only Search Engine. > >Oh well. I missed a couple silly shows on Monday (Veritas: the Quest > >and Miracles) from the war stuff already. Not wanting to miss Angel, but > >we should all be informed and stuff. > > > >V. S. Greene : klyfix@aol.com : Boston, near Arkham... > >Eckzylon: http://m1.aol.com/klyfix/eckzylon.html > >Oh whee, another war. Maybe two. Can we get three? > > > > > > Veritas the Quest was good this week. I don't about Miracles yet as I > haven't watch the episode yet. If you have broadband you can get the > episodes using Bittorrent. You can also get the angel episode too. The > great thing about bittorrents is that the episodes are put up within a > couple of hours after the wildfeed airs. For example Veritas the Quest > is up on the sights by early sunday morning, Miracles is usually up by > mid day on monday and Angel is usually up by mid day on tuesday. To find > a site that has bittorrents on it you can do a simple search on google > by searching for "bit torrent angel" this will give you some sites. The > reason you need broadband is because the files are around 450mb in size. > > Frank

2003-03-23 06:33:03+00:00 - Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? - (klyfix@aol.comedy)

In article <7e7d1ed1.0303221216.57efcf99@posting.google.com>, trv0r@hotmail.com (Gurvy) writes: > >I use www.watchen.tv for finding episodes, it is a Bittorrent Only Search >Engine. > > >> >Oh well. I missed a couple silly shows on Monday (Veritas: the Quest >> >and Miracles) from the war stuff already. Not wanting to miss Angel, but >> >we should all be informed and stuff. >> > >> > >> > >> >> Veritas the Quest was good this week. I don't about Miracles yet as I >> haven't watch the episode yet. If you have broadband you can get the >> episodes using Bittorrent. You can also get the angel episode too. The >> great thing about bittorrents is that the episodes are put up within a >> couple of hours after the wildfeed airs. For example Veritas the Quest >> is up on the sights by early sunday morning, Miracles is usually up by >> mid day on monday and Angel is usually up by mid day on tuesday. To find >> a site that has bittorrents on it you can do a simple search on google >> by searching for "bit torrent angel" this will give you some sites. The >> reason you need broadband is because the files are around 450mb in size. >> >> Frank > Oh, thanks for the notes on getting 'em. I think though I shall wait for a reshowing. They're not quite on my "don't miss" list. Wacky side note: "Veritas" of course has the premise that there are ancient artifacts that possibly are of alien origin. There's a page out there at http://www.fourwinds10.com/news/bush/2003/0203/02-05-03-exopolitical-persp ective-on-preemptive-war.html which suggests that the Iraq War is not about any of the stated reasons or the reasons that opponents generally assume but is actually part of an attempt to control alien artifacts in Sumerian ruins. Apparently, the guy is serious. V. S. Greene : klyfix@aol.com : Boston, near Arkham... Eckzylon: http://m1.aol.com/klyfix/eckzylon.html Oh whee, another war. Maybe two. Can we get three?

2003-03-23 07:11:51+00:00 - Willow-Kennedy - was Re: will Angel be on tomorrow? (well-known spoiler within) - (Philip Chien <nobody@nowhere.com>)