FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-20 21:53:47-04:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (TARDIStraveller <TARDIStraveller@hotmail.com>)

"T.V." <intrepidsoul@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ewAya.7977$rO.694141@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > But I thought, "in the end, the Slayer is always alone". Guess that little > factoid is shot to shit tonight. > I think that was the point. It was always accepted as the only way, but she changed that. Sort of vindicated for me all of that old time slayer how it got to be this way business from some eps back. > Theresa > > >

2003-05-20 21:53:47-04:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (TARDIStraveller <TARDIStraveller@hotmail.com>)

"T.V." <intrepidsoul@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ewAya.7977$rO.694141@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > But I thought, "in the end, the Slayer is always alone". Guess that little > factoid is shot to shit tonight. > I think that was the point. It was always accepted as the only way, but she changed that. Sort of vindicated for me all of that old time slayer how it got to be this way business from some eps back. > Theresa > > >

2003-05-21 01:09:57+00:00 - buffy got what she deserved - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

just a thought about the end of season six and season seven (in other words, don't read until you've seen "Chosen") . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . remember in the demon cave when Spike told the demon that he wanted to give Buffy what she deserves and most of us figured that he went to the demon to get the chip out so he could beat the shit out of her. so we were like WTF when the demon gave Spike back his soul. We figured that the demon was playing a game with Spike, but what game. here's what I think. I think that the demon set Spike up to for exactly what happened. Buffy was forced into the role of being the champion of the world. she saved the world a lot. but when in all that time did anyone save her. I mean, really save her, in that 'end of the world, this is it' kind of a way. What Buffy deserved was for someone else to be the champion, to save her. It had to be someone with a soul, thus the demon gave Spike his back.

[...]

2003-05-21 01:21:14+00:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - ("T.V." <intrepidsoul@earthlink.net>)

But I thought, "in the end, the Slayer is always alone". Guess that little factoid is shot to shit tonight. Theresa

2003-05-21 02:03:22+00:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (ringspellr@aol.com)

2003-05-21 02:20:39+00:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <ewAya.7977$rO.694141@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, T.V. <intrepidsoul@earthlink.net> wrote: > But I thought, "in the end, the Slayer is always alone". Guess that little > factoid is shot to shit tonight. yes it was. right with ONE girl. that is the point. Buffy redefined the Slayer for the last seven years. she had friends and family and (something of) a life. the world is a much different place than it was when those men created the First Slayer. the same rules don't apply. That is how Buffy won, by changing the rules. in a way she's like Kirk. he was the only person to defeat the Kobiashi Maru, because he changed the parameters of the test.

2003-05-21 02:20:39+00:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <ewAya.7977$rO.694141@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, T.V. <intrepidsoul@earthlink.net> wrote: > But I thought, "in the end, the Slayer is always alone". Guess that little > factoid is shot to shit tonight. yes it was. right with ONE girl. that is the point. Buffy redefined the Slayer for the last seven years. she had friends and family and (something of) a life. the world is a much different place than it was when those men created the First Slayer. the same rules don't apply. That is how Buffy won, by changing the rules. in a way she's like Kirk. he was the only person to defeat the Kobiashi Maru, because he changed the parameters of the test.

2003-05-21 04:56:36+00:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (Buck Naked <OIL>)

2003-05-21 04:56:36+00:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (Buck Naked <OIL>)

2003-05-21 10:19:42+00:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (LunaLu <shadowland@this.time>)

On Wed, 21 May 2003 04:56:36 GMT, "Buck Naked" <OIL:@iraqi.liberation> wrote: > > >PJ Browning wrote: > >*SNIP* > >Shut the fuck up, clueless wonder. ======================== Think the only clueless wonder around here is YOU! PJ writes some good interesting stuff and that's all you've got to say? Maybe, you know PJ and this is ok by PJ that you speak this way... ?? change your address up there to "crude oil".. more fitting.. oops ! don't forget to add "rude troll" while you're at it. ~Luna (continually amazed at the idiocy of clueless wonders) > > >--- >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). >Version: 6.0.483 / Virus Database: 279 - Release Date: 5/19/2003 >

2003-05-22 04:58:19-07:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (kenm47@ix.netcom.com)

PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<200520031921465631%antarian@pacbell.net>... > In article <ewAya.7977$rO.694141@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, > T.V. <intrepidsoul@earthlink.net> wrote: > > > But I thought, "in the end, the Slayer is always alone". Guess that little > > factoid is shot to shit tonight. > > yes it was. right with ONE girl. > > that is the point. Buffy redefined the Slayer for the last seven years. > she had friends and family and (something of) a life. > > the world is a much different place than it was when those men created > the First Slayer. the same rules don't apply. That is how Buffy won, by > changing the rules. > > in a way she's like Kirk. he was the only person to defeat the Kobiashi > Maru, because he changed the parameters of the test. Come on! The world was a much different place for the two Slayers Spike killed, and for Kendra. Etc., etc. Geesh, one Slayer had a kid, or don't you count NYC? I am more and more convinced this was JW saying I don't want to play here anymore, it's my ball and I'm taking it and going home. Ken

2003-05-22 05:03:55-07:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (kenm47@ix.netcom.com)

buffhunter@my-deja.com (Hunter) wrote in message news:<MPG.193624ef7a5cd9dd989a7b@news.earthlink.net>... > In article <ewAya.7977$rO.694141@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, > intrepidsoul@earthlink.net says... > > But I thought, "in the end, the Slayer is always alone". Guess that little > > factoid is shot to shit tonight. > > > > Theresa > > > --- > As Buffy herself said, it was time for a rule change. No slayer is > alone in the world anymore. No slayer need to live a short, brutal, > isolated life anymore. In that way, ALL slayers got what they deserved > in "Chosen"; a life, a real life with hope and happiness. Instead of a chance to be a hero, to blaze brightly, to make a difference in the "good" fight (even if the general populace does not know about it), they get to live a life of bourgeois mediocrity. Great! I prefer heros in my epics, not mundane housewives. Ken

2003-05-22 07:00:06+00:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (buffhunter@my-deja.com)

In article <ewAya.7977$rO.694141@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, intrepidsoul@earthlink.net says... > But I thought, "in the end, the Slayer is always alone". Guess that little > factoid is shot to shit tonight. > > Theresa > --- As Buffy herself said, it was time for a rule change. No slayer is alone in the world anymore. No slayer need to live a short, brutal, isolated life anymore. In that way, ALL slayers got what they deserved in "Chosen"; a life, a real life with hope and happiness. -- ----->Hunter "No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right and keeps on acomin'." -----William J. McDonald Captain, Texas Rangers from 1891 to 1907

2003-05-23 03:01:53-07:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (buffhunter@my-deja.com)

kenm47@ix.netcom.com (kenm47) wrote in message news:<4c527512.0305220403.518b1a29@posting.google.com>... > buffhunter@my-deja.com (Hunter) wrote in message news:<MPG.193624ef7a5cd9dd989a7b@news.earthlink.net>... > > In article <ewAya.7977$rO.694141@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, > > intrepidsoul@earthlink.net says... > > > But I thought, "in the end, the Slayer is always alone". Guess that little > > > factoid is shot to shit tonight. > > > > > > Theresa > > > > > --- > > As Buffy herself said, it was time for a rule change. No slayer is > > alone in the world anymore. No slayer need to live a short, brutal, > > isolated life anymore. In that way, ALL slayers got what they deserved > > in "Chosen"; a life, a real life with hope and happiness. > > Instead of a chance to be a hero, to blaze brightly, to make a > difference in the "good" fight (even if the general populace does not > know about it), they get to live a life of bourgeois mediocrity. > Great! > > I prefer heros in my epics, not mundane housewives. > > Ken ----- Who says that none of them can't still make difference? Instead of one girl carrying the load, it is spread over thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, all fighting the good fight. And I think the good fight will have a way of finding them, just like how The First found the Potentials. ----->Hunter

[...]

2003-05-23 07:37:18-07:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (connie.2.rahim@spamgourmet.com)

the show could be retitled, "watch sarah gellar starve herself."

2003-05-23 19:32:13+00:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid>)

Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, kenm47@ix.netcom.com wrote in article <4c527512.0305220403.518b1a29@posting.google.com>... > buffhunter@my-deja.com (Hunter) wrote in message news:<MPG.193624ef7a5cd9dd989a7b@news.earthlink.net>... > > In article <ewAya.7977$rO.694141@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, > > intrepidsoul@earthlink.net says... > > > But I thought, "in the end, the Slayer is always alone". Guess that little > > > factoid is shot to shit tonight. > > > > > > Theresa > > > > > --- > > As Buffy herself said, it was time for a rule change. No slayer is > > alone in the world anymore. No slayer need to live a short, brutal, > > isolated life anymore. In that way, ALL slayers got what they deserved > > in "Chosen"; a life, a real life with hope and happiness. > > Instead of a chance to be a hero, to blaze brightly, to make a > difference in the "good" fight (even if the general populace does not > know about it), they get to live a life of bourgeois mediocrity. > Great! > > I prefer heros in my epics, not mundane housewives. > > Ken > If you see life where you can choose your own path to happiness as bourgeois mediocrity then I think you should give more thought as to the nature of free will. Buffy may indeed choose to be mundane, but it is now her choice. As for me, I confess that I cannot see how one can be both mundane and endowed with super powers. Perhaps that will be a tale told on another day. -- Be seeing you, Growltiger

2003-05-24 18:43:00+00:00 - Re: buffy got what she deserved - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <MPG.1938171c51fd37c598a27f@netnews.attbi.com>, Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid> wrote: > If you see life where you can choose your own path to happiness as > bourgeois mediocrity then I think you should give more thought as to the > nature of free will. Buffy may indeed choose to be mundane, but it is > now her choice. yep. right up there with 'how can one truly be happy when it's all just a lie planted in your head by someone else'