FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-03 19:31:25+00:00 - OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (broodingl33t@aol.comdamnspam)

To say that I enjoyed this film would be putting it mildly. THIS MOVIE RULES! I haven't had a movie going experience so enjoyable in the last..... well, a damn long while (sorry, LotR is great and all, but X-Men always has and always will mean more to me). You must see this movie. Heh, also I'm sitting here watching the DVD of the first Xmen movie which I didn't own untill a few hours ago. X2 was so damn good I felt compelled to get my hands on some more mutant action on my way home (didn't actually have the Xmen DVD untill just now)..... damn I feel good ^_____^ Spoiler ahoy! ++++++(I warned you) I was glad to see Wolverine in serious "fuck you up" mode. When the commandos invade the Xavier mansion he is NOT nice to them, not in the least. I particularly liked the classic close-up shot where our hero has a knife to his throat..... naturally Wolverine unleashes his 6 "knives" and perferates this guy like a pin-cushion. Sticking with the invasion of the Xavier mansion, I loved the use of Kitty Pride and Colossus. Colossus in particular impressed me; the big guy just walked into a room with two commandos firing tranq darts left and right, they turn and fire, naturally darts bounce off his steely exterior. We then are treated to a hall view shortly followed by two commandos being tossed through a wall. Colossus kicks ass.

2003-05-04 04:54:11-05:00 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com>)

In article <qbc9bvc0qu9lvqma4pccleaik220aq8cn2@4ax.com>, elfbard@iprimus.com.au says... > > And IIRC they're all signed up for three films so, roll on X3! ;D > It'll be interesting to see who will sign up for X-Men 4. Let's do a little speculating here: I'm suggesting the younger ones will make it...like Iceman, Pyro, and Rogue. The casting of the younger ones was a good move as this allows them to grow in importance as the others move on. This allows some of the core X-Men and Brotherhood mutants to continue. But this may be too hopeful and wildly optimistic. As much as I love the X-Men movies so far, I can't see them doing the movies without Patrick Stewart or Ian McKellan as Xavier and Magneto. Those two will be impossible to replace. And for this reason alone I don't anticipate there ever being other X-Men movies to watch after X-Men 3. That is, unless Bryan Singer or whomever takes the helm figures out a way to continue the flavor of the X-Men movies without Xavier and Magneto. Could that be done? I don't know. Mystique is a great character and I'd be willing to watch just a movie about Mystique. The same for Rogue, etc. But I don't know if that would be enough to generate any interest in future X-Men movies. And that's a shame. I'd love it to see another James Bond kind of franchise I can enjoy watching every two or 3 years. It would be fun revisting these characters once in a while. It's like seeing old friends once again on screen. The one thing I doubt will happen at the end of X-Men 3 is the death of all the X-Men just so Bryan Singer can say "Ngghh nyaaahhh! You can't do fanfiction or use my characters for an X-Men sequel now." Some of them will survive. And that will be enough for me to hang my hopes on. At least I'll be able to do fanfiction and dream up my own personal X-Men storylines from that point on if they never do another X-Men movie. But I'm still hoping the franchise can continue after X3. I'm just not optimistic it'll happen.

2003-05-04 15:52:27+09:30 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (Elfbard <elfbard@iprimus.com.au>)

2003-05-04 16:46:30-04:00 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On 03 May 2003 19:31:25 GMT, broodingl33t@aol.comdamnspam (Chris) wrote: >Heh, also I'm sitting here watching the DVD of the first Xmen movie which I >didn't own untill a few hours ago. X2 was so damn good I felt compelled to get >my hands on some more mutant action on my way home (didn't actually have the >Xmen DVD untill just now)..... damn I feel good ^_____^ Which means you scored X1.5 and got an assload of cool extra stuff whereas those of us who bought X-Men when it first came out are stuck with just a movie. Sigh.

2003-05-04 16:55:46-04:00 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On 4 May 2003 04:54:11 -0500, Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote: > The one thing I doubt will happen at the end of X-Men 3 is the >death of all the X-Men just so Bryan Singer can say "Ngghh nyaaahhh! You >can't do fanfiction or use my characters for an X-Men sequel now." It doesn't matter; the X-Men have died more times than Buffy and they always come right back.

2003-05-04 16:55:46-04:00 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On 4 May 2003 04:54:11 -0500, Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote: > The one thing I doubt will happen at the end of X-Men 3 is the >death of all the X-Men just so Bryan Singer can say "Ngghh nyaaahhh! You >can't do fanfiction or use my characters for an X-Men sequel now." It doesn't matter; the X-Men have died more times than Buffy and they always come right back.

2003-05-04 17:01:53-04:00 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

This is my quickie review I posted to a mail list I'm on. --- X2 was terrific. Yes, I think it was indeed better than the first one. Characterizations were better, the winks/nods/shoutouts to the fans of the book were far better, the FX were great, the plot was fricking marvelous, and BOY did they do a great job of casting. Jeez Magneto is just one amazingly badass muthaf***a, inney? I'm gonna catch it again soon. I *very* rarely see a movie more than once unless it's extenuating circumstances. Spoiler space - don't read unless you've seen it. I was actually wondering aloud to Lolita on the way into the movie if they were going to tell the Dark Phoenix story. Looks like they've not only worked it into the plot but pushed it ahead a bit. Didja see that silhouette in the water at the end? X3 is gonna be frickin' astounding; Dark Phoenix Saga is probably one of the three or four greatest comic-book stories ever. Am I misremembering or was the poor guy in the wheelchair supposed to be Mastermind? Godfrey, he was a fricking evil nasty. IIRC he was unable to stand up to the Phoenix however, so THAT could make for some REALLY good cinema... I was skeptical about how they were playing Nightcrawler. Ten minutes into the film I was no longer skeptical. Coolest. X-Man. Period. Sorry Wolvie. Killing Lady Deathstryke was like taking a flamethrower to a Matisse. I hope to Christ that old rule about never counting a Marvel bad guy dead holds up here. Not just 'cuz it was Kelly Hu, even though she's ridiculously gorgeous, but the character is just such a slick, cold, beautiful killing machine. Colossus!!! Baby!!! Awesome. Interesting though that they played Piotr Ilyich Rasputin with an American accent. Was the little blonde girl he was rescuing his sister Illyana? Hmmm? Also, enjoyed seeing Shadowcat but PLEASE can we have her as an actual character next time? And there sat Jubilee in a class at the school again. And again no speaking part or nothin'. She'd be great but I guess they're trying to prevent having too many speaking characters... Needless to say I am currently unoptimistic about ever seeing Forge onscreen. The only thing that gives me any hope is that Halle Berry got herself an Oscar, so they'll make a 4th movie and bring in Storm's tragic love interest. But that might mean they'd have to go into the whole "powerless Storm" arc and that'd mean a 5th movie probably. (Actually they haven't developed how much Storm is emotionally linked to her powers, so taking them away mightn't seem all that bad... and that wouldn't work...) The likelihood of this going past even 3 films is pretty damned slim. (But ya never know.) In addition to this, Forge just ain't a very flashy superhero. But he *is* a war veteran, and he's kinda dark, very mysterious and oh so stoic, which is big in Hollywood at the moment. On the third hand (where'd that come from?) he'd be stealing Wolvie's thunder in that deparment wouldney?

2003-05-04 17:17:01-04:00 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"Elfbard" <elfbard@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:qbc9bvc0qu9lvqma4pccleaik220aq8cn2@4ax.com... > > And IIRC they're all signed up for three films so, roll on X3! ;D Complete with the Danger Room and Beast, next time around. Arnold Kim who thinks Hugh Jackman can carry a Wolverine spinoff

2003-05-04 17:53:28-04:00 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

2003-05-04 23:24:52+01:00 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (Halo <mindyourownbusiness@sodoff.com>)

"forge" <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:nivabv4fbevehqn9j44cua5epaq0rt84uq@4ax.com... > Spoiler space - don't read unless you've seen it. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Needless to say I am currently unoptimistic about ever seeing Forge > onscreen. The only thing that gives me any hope is that Halle Berry > got herself an Oscar, so they'll make a 4th movie and bring in Storm's > tragic love interest. But that might mean they'd have to go into the > whole "powerless Storm" arc and that'd mean a 5th movie probably. > I was wondering this but... what happened to Storm's accent from the first movie? : )

2003-05-04 23:26:27+01:00 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (Halo <mindyourownbusiness@sodoff.com>)

"Arnold Kim" <kim5@erols.com> wrote in message news:b93vvm$pp3$1@bob.news.rcn.net... > > "Elfbard" <elfbard@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message > news:qbc9bvc0qu9lvqma4pccleaik220aq8cn2@4ax.com... > > > > And IIRC they're all signed up for three films so, roll on X3! ;D > > Complete with the Danger Room and Beast, next time around. > > Arnold Kim > who thinks Hugh Jackman can carry a Wolverine spinoff > > Oh God I hope they don't do the Danger room and ShiAr technology and aliens and stuff that sort of worked in conjunction with the Phoenix saga 'cause I can't imagine _that_ on live action... but seeing Hank McCoy (Beast) on the bar TV was cool!

2003-05-04 23:27:04+01:00 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (Halo <mindyourownbusiness@sodoff.com>)

"forge" <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:svuabvgm7742a731h2glks81lq8n90t4df@4ax.com... > On 03 May 2003 19:31:25 GMT, broodingl33t@aol.comdamnspam (Chris) > wrote: > > >Heh, also I'm sitting here watching the DVD of the first Xmen movie which I > >didn't own untill a few hours ago. X2 was so damn good I felt compelled to get > >my hands on some more mutant action on my way home (didn't actually have the > >Xmen DVD untill just now)..... damn I feel good ^_____^ > > Which means you scored X1.5 and got an assload of cool extra stuff > whereas those of us who bought X-Men when it first came out are stuck > with just a movie. Sigh. > :( Best extra on our original disc is the Spider-Man easter egg.

2003-05-05 10:33:18-07:00 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (William George Ferguson <william.george.ferguson@domail.maricopa.edu>)

On Mon, 05 May 2003 18:06:48 +0930, Elfbard <elfbard@iprimus.com.au> wrote: > >>Which means you scored X1.5 and got an assload of cool extra stuff >>whereas those of us who bought X-Men when it first came out are stuck >>with just a movie. Sigh. > >Including Kitty getting an extra line! *drool* > >God, I want to see her in a leather Xsuit XD~~~~ No lines at all in this one, but she does get to escape Stryker's team all on her own, and even got a solo in the trailers. Maybe an actual part in the next film... -- "Oh Buffy, you really do need to have every square inch of your ass kicked." - Willow Rosenberg

2003-05-05 18:06:48+09:30 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (Elfbard <elfbard@iprimus.com.au>)

2003-05-05 22:38:36-04:00 - Re: OT: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Mon, 05 May 2003 18:06:48 +0930, Elfbard <elfbard@iprimus.com.au> wrote: >>Which means you scored X1.5 and got an assload of cool extra stuff >>whereas those of us who bought X-Men when it first came out are stuck >>with just a movie. Sigh. > >Including Kitty getting an extra line! *drool* > >God, I want to see her in a leather Xsuit XD~~~~ I think she was a different and somewhat younger girl in X2. Bummer man, although she's a perpetual teenager Kitty Pryde in the books is still a stone cutiepie.

2003-05-07 22:03:10+00:00 - Re: X2: Xmen United... RULES! - ("Scifispace.com" <info@scifispace.com>)

I like the first one better - X2 was just okay. Lori-- ============================= Visit our Scifi Sites for fans by fans... www.Scifispace.com - www.Scifisource.com, www.Scificonventions.com and www.radioscifi.net And www.GothicStyles.com "Chris" <broodingl33t@aol.comdamnspam> wrote in message news:20030503153125.16121.00000371@mb-m25.aol.com... > To say that I enjoyed this film would be putting it mildly. > > THIS MOVIE RULES! > > I haven't had a movie going experience so enjoyable in the last..... well, a > damn long while (sorry, LotR is great and all, but X-Men always has and always > will mean more to me). > > You must see this movie. > > Heh, also I'm sitting here watching the DVD of the first Xmen movie which I > didn't own untill a few hours ago. X2 was so damn good I felt compelled to get > my hands on some more mutant action on my way home (didn't actually have the > Xmen DVD untill just now)..... damn I feel good ^_____^ > > Spoiler ahoy! > > ++++++(I warned you) > > I was glad to see Wolverine in serious "fuck you up" mode. When the commandos > invade the Xavier mansion he is NOT nice to them, not in the least. I > particularly liked the classic close-up shot where our hero has a knife to his > throat..... naturally Wolverine unleashes his 6 "knives" and perferates this > guy like a pin-cushion. > > Sticking with the invasion of the Xavier mansion, I loved the use of Kitty > Pride and Colossus. Colossus in particular impressed me; the big guy just > walked into a room with two commandos firing tranq darts left and right, they > turn and fire, naturally darts bounce off his steely exterior. We then are > treated to a hall view shortly followed by two commandos being tossed through a > wall. Colossus kicks ass. > > From there, wolvy runs off with Rogue, Pyro, and Iceman. I like the additions > of Pyro and Iceman, though they could've used Bobby (Iceman) a little more. > Pyro's general bad attitude and eventual turn to Magneto's side was well done > considering how very little time they had to do it in. I especially liked > Pyro's little suburban rampage after Wolverine gets shot in the head and the > kids think he's dead- yes, you heard me, Wolverine can survive a gun shot to > the head- and that Rogue sapped and controlled his power to stop him was pretty > good (at least she got to use her abilities for something). Also a great touch, > when Rogue sees Magneto again she starts stalking towards him and begins to > remove her glvoes, she got stopped before she could reach him, but great stuff > none the less. > > There were a lot of little humorous bits in this movie, too many to really list > off. > > Magneto and Mystique were a fun pair to watch, I particularly enjoyed > Mystique's trick for getting that crotchety-refrigorator-decoration (Magneto) > out of prison. She drugged one of the guards and injected at least a couple of > pounds of iron into his blood. Magneto extracted this iron from him and formed > what little he had into his metal balls of death and the extremely thin iron > disc upon which he flew away. Very kewl stuff indeed. > > Mystique's little "love scene" with Wolverine was also impressive. As a friend > pointed out "wow, imagine that one woman you could never possibly get bored > with" (well, it's true, sorry). In case you haven't seen it and you're reading > this anyways, don't worry Wolverine doesn't fall for mystique, she's just an > uber bitch. > > Anywho, where was I. Ah, yes, Lady Death Strike played by Kelly Hu. She had > like no lines, but her fighting was just awesome. As someone, somewhere said > "these fight scenes must've been coreographed in hell", and I believe it. The > fight between Wolverine and LDS is so damned viscious it isn't even funny. > Let's put it this way, she has a stilleto on each finger...... Wolverine was > literally stabbed hundereds of times in this fight (as was she). God, and the > way he kills her, let me just tell you now that I have a new "worst way to die" > now; burning to death while on E is now second on my list. > > That's another thing though. I could've sworn that Wolverine was supposed to > have had a past with LDS, I know he had a history with some Japanese woman and > I could've sworn that Lady Death Strike was her. If that's the case..... well, > there goes that plot line. > > And in this movie we get a sense of just how powerful the professor really is. > Seriously, in the second scene I was under the distinct impression that time > had stopped untill we overheard someone on the other end of a cell phone say > "hey, you there?"..... Xavier stopped every single person in a crowded public > place (museum i think) from so much as moving. That and the main plot, > revolving around a second Cerebro unit and using Xavier to turn it into a > weapon of genocide (not mass destruction). I had no idea he was so strong. > Throughout the comix, cartoons, and first movie I'd always heard people > commenting on Xavier's incredible power, but I hadn't really believed until > this one. Damn. > > Nightcrawler and Storm; was nice to see the writer's utilize Storm a bit more > and give a hint at just how strong she is (controlling the whether is a VERY > impressive ability). I don't really recall Nightcrawler being so impressive in > the comix, cartoons, or anything, but I can live with it, he was awesome (gotta > love a white hosue invasion). > > Now onto something that dives into the next movie: The Dark Pheonix. Damn, I'd > read a bit about them hinting at Jean Grey's future plot line, but I didn't > think they would go this far. Her power really picks up and referances are made > to her "dreams" and her eyes do the little "flame thing" from time to > time...... I was really, really surprised that they would push the Dark Pheonix > story this much. Though I did like the shot of the pheonix beneath the lake at > the end of the movie, and having Jean end the film with Xavier's monolgue from > the beginning of the first film was a really nice touch. > > A truly impressive super hero movie. IMHO this takes the cake for super hero > movies, hands down. Not spiderman, not supeman, not batman, not dare devil, > none of them compare to the X-Men and their second film X2: X-Men United. > > so damn happy now > > The Brooding One > Chris O'Connor > ------------- > Visit the Digital Psyche Anime Article Library (DPAAL) > http://www.digital-psyche.com/library/index.html > ------------- >