FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-16 09:29:09+00:00 - Buffy - Angel crossover - (rander3127@rogers.com)

From: http://www.reallyscary.com Possible Buffy & Angel Crossover Sci Fi Wire reports the WB and UPN will allow a crossover between Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer if Buffy ends this year, sources told TV Guide Online. Angel (David Boreanaz) would appear in the series finale of Buffy in May, should the series end its run then. Boreanaz wouldn't confirm the crossover, but he did tell the site that "fans would enjoy that. It would be really nice for them." So far, no decision has been made on whether Buffy will end this year, though rumors of a crossover lend weight to that speculation. SCI FI Wire earlier reported that Buffy's Alyson Hannigan (Willow) would cross over on the March 26 episode of Angel. As far as the future of Angel, a WB spokesperson told TV Guide that a decision will come in May. Boreanaz told the site that he is "confident that we'll have another season. I think that the show has done remarkably well for the network, and we've proven to have a [loyal] following."

2003-02-16 09:29:09+00:00 - Buffy - Angel crossover - (rander3127@rogers.com)

From: http://www.reallyscary.com Possible Buffy & Angel Crossover Sci Fi Wire reports the WB and UPN will allow a crossover between Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer if Buffy ends this year, sources told TV Guide Online. Angel (David Boreanaz) would appear in the series finale of Buffy in May, should the series end its run then. Boreanaz wouldn't confirm the crossover, but he did tell the site that "fans would enjoy that. It would be really nice for them." So far, no decision has been made on whether Buffy will end this year, though rumors of a crossover lend weight to that speculation. SCI FI Wire earlier reported that Buffy's Alyson Hannigan (Willow) would cross over on the March 26 episode of Angel. As far as the future of Angel, a WB spokesperson told TV Guide that a decision will come in May. Boreanaz told the site that he is "confident that we'll have another season. I think that the show has done remarkably well for the network, and we've proven to have a [loyal] following."

2003-02-16 11:53:55-08:00 - Re: Buffy - Angel crossover (spoilers) - (himiko@animail.net)

and it needs some space 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 rander3127@rogers.com wrote in message news:<mfmu4v8jmd8ajlvmdguj3fantvmm3rh055@4ax.com>... > From: http://www.reallyscary.com > > Possible Buffy & Angel Crossover > Sci Fi Wire reports the WB and UPN will allow a crossover between > Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer if Buffy ends this year, sources > told TV Guide Online. Angel (David Boreanaz) would appear in the > series finale of Buffy in May, should the series end its run then. > > Boreanaz wouldn't confirm the crossover, but he did tell the site that > "fans would enjoy that. It would be really nice for them." So far, no > decision has been made on whether Buffy will end this year, though > rumors of a crossover lend weight to that speculation. SCI FI Wire > earlier reported that Buffy's Alyson Hannigan (Willow) would cross > over on the March 26 episode of Angel. > > As far as the future of Angel, a WB spokesperson told TV Guide that a > decision will come in May. Boreanaz told the site that he is > "confident that we'll have another season. I think that the show has > done remarkably well for the network, and we've proven to have a > [loyal] following." OK. If I were Joss, I'd be tearing my hair out over this time line. It all happens in May: the decisions and the series finale. If SMG decides not to return as Buffy, Angel will be permitted to crossover for the finale. But he won't know until May. If AtS is also ending, he has the option of killing off both Buffy and Angel in the finale. But he won't know until May. If AtS is not ending, he can't kill off Angel or otherwise alter him in any way he isn't prepared to deal with next season. But he won't know until May. If SMG signs a contract to allow for a spin-off in which she will appear in some episodes, he needs an ending that allows for her frequent absences. And it's unclear if WB will consider that enough of an ending to let Angel cross over. But he won't know until May. If UPN decides to go for a full Buffyless BTVS (FTVS or something else), he needs an ending that will set that up. And it's unclear if WB will consider that enough of an ending to let Angel cross over. But he won't know until May. If SMG suddenly decides to go for a full S8, Angel will not be permitted to crossover and there will be no joint finale. He will have to have an ending that leaves Buffy more or less standing and that allows the two joined battles (already set up) to take place separately on different networks. But he won't know for sure about that until May. But he also needs to have the finale written and more or less in the can by May. I suspect he's going to have to not only write but film several different endings...and even that won't solve the problem if SMG signs for S8 and WB withdraws its permission for Angel to crossover. Although I really think at that point, Fox might step in. himiko

2003-02-17 01:01:42+00:00 - Re: Buffy - Angel crossover (spoilers) - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

himiko wrote: > and it needs some space > > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 0 > 9 > 8 > 7 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > > > rander3127@rogers.com wrote in message > news:<mfmu4v8jmd8ajlvmdguj3fantvmm3rh055@4ax.com>... >> From: http://www.reallyscary.com >> >> Possible Buffy & Angel Crossover >> Sci Fi Wire reports the WB and UPN will allow a crossover between >> Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer if Buffy ends this year, sources >> told TV Guide Online. Angel (David Boreanaz) would appear in the >> series finale of Buffy in May, should the series end its run then. >> >> Boreanaz wouldn't confirm the crossover, but he did tell the site that >> "fans would enjoy that. It would be really nice for them." So far, no >> decision has been made on whether Buffy will end this year, though >> rumors of a crossover lend weight to that speculation. SCI FI Wire >> earlier reported that Buffy's Alyson Hannigan (Willow) would cross >> over on the March 26 episode of Angel. >> >> As far as the future of Angel, a WB spokesperson told TV Guide that a >> decision will come in May. Boreanaz told the site that he is >> "confident that we'll have another season. I think that the show has >> done remarkably well for the network, and we've proven to have a >> [loyal] following." > > OK. If I were Joss, I'd be tearing my hair out over this time line. > It all happens in May: the decisions and the series finale. > > If SMG decides not to return as Buffy, Angel will be permitted to > crossover for the finale. But he won't know until May. > He ought to know before May. SMG has to decide well before May - although she doesn't have to start deciding until March. But there will be pressure then for her to decide. UPN have to know before May if they are being offered S8 or not (so they can decide in May). > If AtS is also ending, he has the option of killing off both Buffy and > Angel in the finale. But he won't know until May. > Yes, he won't know until May. He should assume "Angel" is continuing. > If AtS is not ending, he can't kill off Angel or otherwise alter him > in any way he isn't prepared to deal with next season. But he won't > know until May. > > If SMG signs a contract to allow for a spin-off in which she will > appear in some episodes, he needs an ending that allows for her > frequent absences. And it's unclear if WB will consider that enough > of an ending to let Angel cross over. But he won't know until May. > If SMG appears in some episodes, it will be a continuation not a spinoff. So, no crossover. As above, SMG will have to decide well before May. The complication is that Eliza will insist on a spinoff with her as star, not a continuation. > If UPN decides to go for a full Buffyless BTVS (FTVS or something > else), he needs an ending that will set that up. And it's unclear if > WB will consider that enough of an ending to let Angel cross over. > But he won't know until May. > If it's a spinoff, "Buffy" is finishing. Hence crossover. > If SMG suddenly decides to go for a full S8, Angel will not be > permitted to crossover and there will be no joint finale. He will > have to have an ending that leaves Buffy more or less standing and > that allows the two joined battles (already set up) to take place > separately on different networks. But he won't know for sure about > that until May. > Before May. SMG doesn't have a contract, so a contract will need to be in place before S8 can be announced (in May). > But he also needs to have the finale written and more or less in the > can by May. I suspect he's going to have to not only write but film > several different endings...and even that won't solve the problem if > SMG signs for S8 and WB withdraws its permission for Angel to > crossover. Although I really think at that point, Fox might step in. > If it's a complete muddle, what can Fox do? Other than veto multiple endings, of course. It's Fox who are negotiating with the networks, so they will know what (if anything) is happening. Filming of the last episode of S7 will start around the beginning of April and finish mid-April - before Passover and Easter. John Briggs

2003-02-17 07:53:08+00:00 - Re: Buffy - Angel crossover (spoilers) - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <c7902983.0302161153.f3cbd99@posting.google.com>, himiko@animail.net (himiko) wrote: > and it needs some space > > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 9 > 0 > 9 > 8 > 7 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > > > > OK. If I were Joss, I'd be tearing my hair out over this time line. > It all happens in May: the decisions and the series finale. actually there aren't as many problems as you think. Joss doesn't have to set up anything in the Buffy finale that tells what's going to happen to Buffy. That can be left for the pilot ep of the spinoff to explain. also, he's going to know if he has the okay to do a spinoff before then. he has to make a proposal before May so someone can announce it with their fall schedule. also, he can finish Angel without knowing it's fate. The final eps are actually already filming as we speak. it isn't like he hasn't dealt with this issue before. he goes through it every season. and there is nothing that says that an earlier decision can't be made.

2003-02-22 21:17:26+00:00 - Re: Buffy - Angel crossover (spoilers) - (samjames1NOSPAM@yahoo.com)

On 16 Feb 2003 11:53:55 -0800, himiko@animail.net (himiko) wrote: >and it needs some space > >1 >2 >3 >4 >5 >6 >7 >8 >9 >0 >9 >8 >7 >6 >5 >4 >3 >2 >1 > >OK. If I were Joss, I'd be tearing my hair out over this time line. >It all happens in May: the decisions and the series finale. > >If SMG decides not to return as Buffy, Angel will be permitted to >crossover for the finale. But he won't know until May. Ah, but it's not just up to SMG. No network has a contract to air a S8 of Buffy and it is highly unlikely that UPN would renew at the current rate let alone a higher one to pay for the raise that SMG will demand. So even if SMG decides to return, the show might not find a new home. Based on that, Joss can safely plan that this will be the final year of Buffy and have the Angel appearance as planned. If, somehow after the filming, enough miracles happen that an eigth season will happen, he can always say he acted in good faith.