FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-02 10:49:33-07:00 - The SIT Plan - (salmoneous@aol.com)

Role play for a minute: You are Giles. The rest of the COW have all been killed by a bomb going off in the room they were in. You know somebody is systematically killing off potential stagers, and looks to be tying to eliminate the Slayers and all possible successors. You need to protect them and the position of Slayer. What do you do? Or more to the point, what's the one thing you absolutely wouldn't do under any possible circumstance? It seems to be that Giles' plan of putting all the SIT and the Slayers in the same place is totally moronic. With the way people pick on everything in AVBvS, I'm surprised we don't get more people taking Giles to task on this. If fact, it is such a horrible, horrible plan there has got to be something more. Speculation only (and please, speculation only) 1. Is Giles really evil? 2. Does Giles know The First's true plan - a plan that doesn't involved removing all possible slayers, so that what he is doing actually makes sense? 3. Perhaps Giles didn't send all the SIT's to Sunnydale. Could he have failsafe SIT's hidden all over. One with the Coven, maybe even one hidden by the Third Slayer, which would explain why that Slayer isn't in Sunnydale. 4. Other.

[...]

2003-05-02 14:34:34-04:00 - Re: The SIT Plan - (Chelsea Christenson <Chelsea.Christenson@oracle.com>)

salmoneous wrote: > Role play for a minute: You are Giles. The rest of the COW have all > been killed by a bomb going off in the room they were in. You know > somebody is systematically killing off potential stagers, and looks to > be tying to eliminate the Slayers and all possible successors. You > need to protect them and the position of Slayer. What do you do? Or > more to the point, what's the one thing you absolutely wouldn't do > under any possible circumstance? > > It seems to be that Giles' plan of putting all the SIT and the Slayers > in the same place is totally moronic. Why? They were getting killed off easily enough when they were all dispersed; gathering them together at least gives them strength in numbers. However, knowing about the bomb, I'd have better physical security. Motion detector lights around the yard, if nothing else. And, old DND hand that I am, I'd be setting watches. You always set watches, even when you don't know someone wants to kill you.

2003-05-02 18:09:12+00:00 - Re: The SIT Plan(no spoilers) - (Colin <colinsand@nospam.btopenworld.com>)

2003-05-02 18:15:21+00:00 - Re: The SIT Plan - (Colin <colinsand@nospam.btopenworld.com>)

Buffy died and was revived. When she died Faith was called. Buffy died again, and was revived. Theoretically another Slayer should have been called. "ChrisCrosskey" <chris@crosskey.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message news:b8uc3n$7f2$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk... > "Third Slayer"? > > Faith hasn't died and been revived on us has she? > > chrisc > > "salmoneous" <salmoneous@aol.com> wrote in message > news:54daff87.0305020949.15267eba@posting.google.com... > > Role play for a minute: You are Giles. The rest of the COW have all > > been killed by a bomb going off in the room they were in. You know > > somebody is systematically killing off potential stagers, and looks to > > be tying to eliminate the Slayers and all possible successors. You > > need to protect them and the position of Slayer. What do you do? Or > > more to the point, what's the one thing you absolutely wouldn't do > > under any possible circumstance? > > > > It seems to be that Giles' plan of putting all the SIT and the Slayers > > in the same place is totally moronic. With the way people pick on > > everything in AVBvS, I'm surprised we don't get more people taking > > Giles to task on this. If fact, it is such a horrible, horrible plan > > there has got to be something more. Speculation only (and please, > > speculation only) > > > > 1. Is Giles really evil? > > 2. Does Giles know The First's true plan - a plan that doesn't > > involved removing all possible slayers, so that what he is doing > > actually makes sense? > > 3. Perhaps Giles didn't send all the SIT's to Sunnydale. Could he have > > failsafe SIT's hidden all over. One with the Coven, maybe even one > > hidden by the Third Slayer, which would explain why that Slayer isn't > > in Sunnydale. > > 4. Other. > >

2003-05-02 18:26:19-05:00 - Re: The SIT Plan - (tmac <nospam@noemail.net>)

On Fri, 2 May 2003 18:15:21 +0000 (UTC), "Colin" <colinsand@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote: >Buffy died and was revived. When she died Faith was called. >Buffy died again, and was revived. Theoretically another Slayer should have >been called. Not quite. Buffy's death begat Kendra, whose death begat Faith. Probably it will be Faith's death that calls a new slayer. I consider Buffy out of the slayer loop at this point. tm

2003-05-02 19:06:48+01:00 - Re: The SIT Plan - (ChrisCrosskey <chris@crosskey.fslife.co.uk>)

2003-05-02 19:09:51+00:00 - Re: The SIT Plan - (mitchell aster <master@iNiOiSiPiA.nMu.invalid>)

Chelsea Christenson <Chelsea.Christenson@oracle.com> wrote: > Why? They were getting killed off easily enough when they were all > dispersed; gathering them together at least gives them strength in > numbers. However, knowing about the bomb, I'd have better physical > security. Motion detector lights around the yard, if nothing else. > And, old DND hand that I am, I'd be setting watches. You always set > watches, even when you don't know someone wants to kill you. that would actually be a great device to give the SITs some actual personality without wasting too much time - just drop in a couple of quick scenes of two SITs on watch, talking about something. it'd be an opening to actually have some clever dialogue for once. not that that seems to be anyone's priority any more. also for cool fight scenes - you could have had the chinese one take out a vamp all by herself in some really badass way and never tell anyone about it. something like that. the SITs would actually become a useful part of the show. you might even start to like them. wouldn't that be nice. m.

2003-05-04 02:55:23+00:00 - Re: The SIT Plan - (samjames1NOSPAM@yahoo.com)

On 2 May 2003 10:49:33 -0700, salmoneous@aol.com (salmoneous) wrote: >Role play for a minute: You are Giles. The rest of the COW have all >been killed by a bomb going off in the room they were in. You know >somebody is systematically killing off potential stagers, and looks to >be tying to eliminate the Slayers and all possible successors. You >need to protect them and the position of Slayer. What do you do? Or >more to the point, what's the one thing you absolutely wouldn't do >under any possible circumstance? > >It seems to be that Giles' plan of putting all the SIT and the Slayers >in the same place is totally moronic. With the way people pick on >everything in AVBvS, I'm surprised we don't get more people taking >Giles to task on this. Except that the alternative, having the potentials all separate and guarded by their watchers hadn't worked. The FE was killing a girl an ep early in the season. At least this way the potentials can be trained and guarded by the slayer.

2003-05-04 02:55:24+00:00 - Re: The SIT Plan - (samjames1NOSPAM@yahoo.com)

On Fri, 02 May 2003 18:26:19 -0500, tmac <nospam@noemail.net> wrote: >On Fri, 2 May 2003 18:15:21 +0000 (UTC), "Colin" ><colinsand@nospam.btopenworld.com> wrote: > >>Buffy died and was revived. When she died Faith was called. >>Buffy died again, and was revived. Theoretically another Slayer should have >>been called. > >Not quite. Buffy's death begat Kendra, whose death begat Faith. >Probably it will be Faith's death that calls a new slayer. > >I consider Buffy out of the slayer loop at this point. This is probably the most debated topic in this newsgroup. At no time has there been anything to suggest that Buffy's second death didn't cause the emergence of third slayer except for the nonapperance of such in Sunnydale while there have been comments from Buffy that her third death would activate one of the potentials.