FLM films - My Webpage

2002-12-09 16:29:29-08:00 - MT alert - (BarnabasCollinsonSF@hotmail.com)

Right now on The Family Channel their is a Richie Rich xmas movie with a very young Michelle Trachtenberg. That is what Fx gets when they run commercials.........

2002-12-09 20:20:04-06:00 - Re: MT alert - (-Andy- <acs@fcgnet.works.net>)

BarnabasCollinsonSF@hotmail.com (bc) enlightened us with news:73252d7d.0212091629.28b633c0@posting.google.com on 09 Dec 2002: > Right now on The Family Channel their is a Richie Rich > xmas movie with a very young Michelle Trachtenberg. And given the relative "badness" of this particular example of moviemaking.... a cute/tiny (before she grew tall -was that really only 4 years ago?) MT really isn't enough to rescue this "movie" from itself. And there are a number of other familiar faces in it (see: http://us.imdb.com/Title?0155110 ). Seems to be one of those "dumping ground direct to video movies"... For some reason unknown to mankind... I don't think there has been a decent movie adaptation of ANY of the "Harvey Comics" properties..... with the POSSIBLE exception of the "Casper" movie with Bill Pullman, Christina Ricci, Cathy Moriarty & Eric Idle.... > That is what Fx gets when they run commercials......... Not quite sure what "Fx" has to do with a "movie" on the Disney owned "ABC Family" channel.....

2002-12-10 07:56:19+00:00 - Re: MT alert - (paperflowers76@aol.computer)

2002-12-10 10:25:01+00:00 - Re: MT alert - (Rob Myers <robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net>)

In article <Xns92DFD8A22390acsfcgnetworksnet@216.166.71.232>, -Andy- <acs@fcgnet.works.net> wrote: > For some reason unknown to mankind... I don't think there has > been a decent movie adaptation of ANY of the "Harvey Comics" > properties..... Might be because Harvey Comics themselves are pretty lame? I mean, they're like two tiers below Archie in terms of artistic merit. -- rob m at rob myers dot net

2002-12-10 15:28:24+00:00 - Re: MT alert - (Dave Paisley <drdjp@yahoo.com>)

Rob Myers wrote: > > -Andy- <acs@fcgnet.works.net> wrote: > > > For some reason unknown to mankind... I don't think there has > > been a decent movie adaptation of ANY of the "Harvey Comics" > > properties..... > > Might be because Harvey Comics themselves are pretty lame? I mean, > they're like two tiers below Archie in terms of artistic merit. So what's only one tier below? -- dave

2002-12-10 20:35:47-06:00 - Re: MT alert - (-Andy- <acs@fcgnet.works.net>)

Rob Myers <robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net> enlightened us with news:101220022035427593%robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.ne t on 10 Dec 2002: > In article > <27557-3DF68427-805@storefull-2178.public.lawson.webtv.net>, > <TEPC@webtv.net> wrote: > >> In "Casper meets Wendy", Hilary Duff who played Wendy Gee... that was her ? Totally missed that..... >> was acting for the first time. I predicted she would have >> a career in the business. She now stars in the most >> popular series on cable, LIzzy McQuire. You mispelled "Disney". Besides which... they've just "cancelled" "Lizzie McQuire" because she has gotten too old for the Disney Channel target audience. They hurried up and filmed enough shows to last them the rest of the year and then it's into "perpetual reruns" for Lizzie McGuire (Is that a Q or a G) until the Mouse closes up shop forever... > No offense, but never heard of it. Or her. You must not have children who watch the Disney channel. [I do, otherwise I would have no clue either] (Or ABC's Saturday morning "stuff" - her show is one of the "Disney" shows they started putting on Saturdays this fall.) -Andy- --

2002-12-11 00:03:37-06:00 - Re: MT alert - (dmpahl <dmpahl@isd.net>)

"Rob Myers" <robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net> wrote in message news:101220022035427593%robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net... > In article <27557-3DF68427-805@storefull-2178.public.lawson.webtv.net>, > <TEPC@webtv.net> wrote: > > > In "Casper meets Wendy", Hilary Duff who played Wendy was acting for the > > first time. I predicted she would have a career in the business. She now > > stars in the most popular series on cable, LIzzy McQuire. I should have > > been a talent scout. > > No offense, but never heard of it. Or her. > > It's the highest rated show on the Disney channel. They have a full line of merchandise and clothing. This year it was voted favorite kids show on the Nicholodean Kids Choice Awards.It has been the highest rated show in it's time slot on cable seven days a week. This year they are having Steven Tyler of Aerosmith play Santa Claus for the Christmas episode, he's a huge fan.

2002-12-11 01:33:27+00:00 - Re: MT alert - (Rob Myers <robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net>)

In article <3DF60818.9F7D643C@yahoo.com>, Dave Paisley <drdjp@yahoo.com> wrote: > > Might be because Harvey Comics themselves are pretty lame? I mean, > > they're like two tiers below Archie in terms of artistic merit. The old Gold Key comics. -- rob m at rob myers dot net

2002-12-11 01:34:03+00:00 - Re: MT alert - (Rob Myers <robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net>)

In article <27557-3DF68427-805@storefull-2178.public.lawson.webtv.net>, <TEPC@webtv.net> wrote: > In "Casper meets Wendy", Hilary Duff who played Wendy was acting for the > first time. I predicted she would have a career in the business. She now > stars in the most popular series on cable, LIzzy McQuire. I should have > been a talent scout. No offense, but never heard of it. Or her. -- rob m at rob myers dot net