FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-20 22:35:04-06:00 - Re: Unknown Slayer? + First Evil theory - (Barb <noway@yahoo.com>)

<Omega@panopticon.com> wrote in message news:PD3X9.3002197$6N5.393978@post-03.news.easynews.com... > Ok, let me see if I got this right: > > Buffy killed by the Master (drowned) -------- Kendra activated > Kendra killed by Drusilla ---------------------------- Faith activated > Buffy dies again ---------------------------------------- ????????????? > > I wonder, was there another slayer activated when Buffy died the second time? And if so, I wonder why we > haven't seen her yet. Could she be in hiding??? > > Also, a theory: > There is a First Evil. > Could there be a First Good? > > OK -- general feeling on the slayer calling thing, and also something (I think) Joss said in an interview or something -- the slayer line runs through Faith now....Buffy died<basically taking her out of the slayer line, does that make sense?> and a new slayer called (Kendra) that slayer died and another was called (Faith)...basically, only one death per slayer...lol.... Also, I think the first evil and the first good are all just relative....FE is a good name to call this shape shifter morphy thing, but really, I think all good and evil came originally from the same thing. Kinda what it showed when Buffy was being hunted by "the first" in her dreams... Would be kinda cool if we find out that the origional FE was kinda like a Glory/Ben thing that split, one half starting the Slayer line, and one half starting the Demon line.... Yeah, I know, I'm strange...lol Barb

2003-01-21 04:02:55+00:00 - Unknown Slayer? + First Evil theory - (Omega@panopticon.com)

2003-01-21 07:25:29+00:00 - Re: Unknown Slayer? + First Evil theory - (merget <merget@sonic.net>)

Omega@panopticon.com wrote: > Ok, let me see if I got this right: > > Buffy killed by the Master (drowned) -------- Kendra activated > Kendra killed by Drusilla ---------------------------- Faith activated > Buffy dies again ---------------------------------------- ????????????? > > I wonder, was there another slayer activated when Buffy died the second > time? And if so, I wonder why we haven't seen her yet. Could she be in > hiding??? It's been discussed to death. Basically, there are two schools of thought: (1) A new slayer is called whenever a slayer dies, no matter how many times that slayer has died before. So there is a third slayer out there right now, but we haven't seen her yet. (2) When a slayer dies for the first time, she passes the torch to her successor. She won't call any other successors if she dies again, for one of the following two reasons: (a) After her first death, she's no longer the "official" slayer -- her successor is. She gets to keep the slayer powers if she comes back to life, but only the "official" slayer can activate a new slayer. (b) Once her successor is chosen (at the time of her first death), the successor never changes. Buffy's second death merely re-activated Kendra, which had no effect because Kendra had already been activated once, and she was dead to boot. And that's the whole discussion in a nutshell. You could replicate 90% of the debate simply by copying each of the above paragraphs into a dozen separate posts, and inserting a few insults towards anyone who belongs to the opposing school of thought. -- Dan Merget

2003-01-22 00:06:48-05:00 - Re: Unknown Slayer? + First Evil theory - (David Marc Nieporent <nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu>)

In article <JB6X9.61683$Ik.2339847@typhoon.sonic.net>, merget <merget@sonic.net> wrote: >Omega@panopticon.com wrote: >> Ok, let me see if I got this right: >> Buffy killed by the Master (drowned) -------- Kendra activated >> Kendra killed by Drusilla ---------------------------- Faith activated >> Buffy dies again ---------------------------------------- ????????????? >> I wonder, was there another slayer activated when Buffy died the second >> time? And if so, I wonder why we haven't seen her yet. Could she be in >> hiding??? >It's been discussed to death. Basically, there are two schools of thought: > (1) A new slayer is called whenever a slayer dies, no matter how many > times that slayer has died before. So there is a third slayer out > there right now, but we haven't seen her yet. > (2) When a slayer dies for the first time, she passes the torch to her > successor. She won't call any other successors if she dies again, > for one of the following two reasons: > (a) After her first death, she's no longer the "official" slayer -- > her successor is. She gets to keep the slayer powers if she > comes back to life, but only the "official" slayer can activate > a new slayer. > (b) Once her successor is chosen (at the time of her first death), > the successor never changes. Buffy's second death merely > re-activated Kendra, which had no effect because Kendra had > already been activated once, and she was dead to boot. >And that's the whole discussion in a nutshell. You could replicate 90% >of the debate simply by copying each of the above paragraphs into a >dozen separate posts, and inserting a few insults towards anyone who >belongs to the opposing school of thought. Well, there's a point that's missing from your summary. Nothing _on the show_ ever indicated that school #2 was correct, and there have been _numerous_ quotes from characters on the show indicating that they believe school #1 is correct. --------------------------------------------- David M. Nieporent nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu

2003-01-22 01:19:46-05:00 - Re: Unknown Slayer? + First Evil theory - (David Marc Nieporent <nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu>)

In article <3E2E28C7.79B95043@pobox.com>, Richard Edwards <riche@pobox.com> wrote: >David Marc Nieporent wrote: >> Well, there's a point that's missing from your summary. Nothing _on the >> show_ ever indicated that school #2 was correct, and there have been >> _numerous_ quotes from characters on the show indicating that they believe >> school #1 is correct. >Numerous? No way. Before this episode, I don't know if there were any. The mayor said it all the way back in S3. --------------------------------------------- David M. Nieporent nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu

2003-01-22 01:19:46-05:00 - Re: Unknown Slayer? + First Evil theory - (David Marc Nieporent <nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu>)

In article <3E2E28C7.79B95043@pobox.com>, Richard Edwards <riche@pobox.com> wrote: >David Marc Nieporent wrote: >> Well, there's a point that's missing from your summary. Nothing _on the >> show_ ever indicated that school #2 was correct, and there have been >> _numerous_ quotes from characters on the show indicating that they believe >> school #1 is correct. >Numerous? No way. Before this episode, I don't know if there were any. The mayor said it all the way back in S3. --------------------------------------------- David M. Nieporent nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu

2003-01-22 05:14:40+00:00 - Re: Unknown Slayer? + First Evil theory - (Richard Edwards <riche@pobox.com>)

David Marc Nieporent wrote: > Well, there's a point that's missing from your summary. Nothing _on the > show_ ever indicated that school #2 was correct, and there have been > _numerous_ quotes from characters on the show indicating that they believe > school #1 is correct. Numerous? No way. Before this episode, I don't know if there were any. Also, there is some evidence that they might not be certain, or may even believe school #2. When Buffy was listing the order that the FE would kill the Slayer-type people, she only mentioned the SiT, Faith, and herself. She did not mention the potential mystery Slayer. It's moot, though. School #1 could be correct. If it is, though, the scoobs need to stop being dumbasses and figure out where that new Slayer is (or at least acknowledge that they know there might be one out there). Looks like the writers are just choosing to make all of the characters on the show complete morons. And we all know how fun it is to watch a bunch of morons muddle their way around. Later, Richard

2003-01-22 17:13:08-06:00 - Re: Unknown Slayer? + First Evil theory - ("Rev. Cyohtee - O'k�home Ehohatse" <cyohtee@barbarian.org>)

Out of the ether Richard Edwards <riche@pobox.com> rose up and issued forth: >David Marc Nieporent wrote: >> Well, there's a point that's missing from your summary. Nothing _on the >> show_ ever indicated that school #2 was correct, and there have been >> _numerous_ quotes from characters on the show indicating that they believe >> school #1 is correct. > >Numerous? No way. Before this episode, I don't know if there were any. > Season 3, episode 17, Enemies... |Angel: Well, gee, sir, I thought I'd find that Slayer that's given |you so much trouble and torture, maim, and kill her. | |Mayor: Fine! You know it's nice to see you're not one of those |slacker types running around town today. Torture Buffy. Killing |her's fine, just make it a slow one. | |Angel: My favorite kind. | |Mayor: Wonderful, wonderful. We don't want a replacement Slayer |anytime soon. They can't all turn out like my girl Faith. |(Faith smiles) Have fun. | -- Cyo cyohtee@ucan.foad.org http://www.barbarian.org/~cyohtee http://www.barbarian.org Londo: "What you are asking could be considered treason." Lord Refa: "Or the first step in restoring our people to their rightful place in the galaxy. Depending on who writes the history books. I think it will be us."