FLM films - My Webpage

2003-03-27 07:50:03-08:00 - 3/25/03 episode--poor - (hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com)

(no spoilers) The 3/25/03 episode was poor. Too "touchy-feely relationships" stuff. Boring. I went forwarded the tape through much of it. Spike and his mother reminded me of Cliff Claven and his mother, only on Cheers it was funny. Here it was boring. If they want to show human relationships, they should do it in the context of the war coming up. Yes, I know you're gonna claim that's exactly what they did on that episode. But they really didn't: the general/troops stuff was just some fluff around the edges. The episode basically dealt with parental-child love, an issue the show has already beaten to death. The show is not "Buffy the Freudian Slayer", but they keep using that theme. Also, the "Giles what else can you teach me" theme has been done to death. They should keep in mind how Xena/WP declined over the years for the same reason. It stopped being a fun action show that didn't take itself very seriously and became a melodramatic soap opera. I really hope the final eight episodes coming up are true to the original B/VS style as done in seasons 1-3. If you watch a rerun of those early episodes you'll see a definite difference on how they dealt with the 'touchy- feely' stuff--quick and to the point.

[...]

2003-03-27 16:14:59+00:00 - Re: 3/25/03 episode--poor - (Jane Davitt <jdavitt01@rogers.com>)

Jeff nor Lisa wrote: > > I really hope the final eight episodes coming up are true > to the original B/VS style as done in seasons 1-3. Eight? I wish. Five more, that's all you get <sob, sniffle> Jane -- Read my Buffy the Vampire Slayer fiction at http://members.rogers.com/jdavitt01/index.html http://www.fanfiction.net/profile.php?userid=231516

2003-03-27 16:31:41+00:00 - Re: 3/25/03 episode--poor *spoilers* - ("Scifispace.com" <info@scifispace.com>)

"Jeff nor Lisa" <hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote in message news:de64863b.0303270750.9e09dc3@posting.google.com... > (no spoilers) > > The 3/25/03 episode was poor. Too "touchy-feely relationships" > stuff. Boring. I went forwarded the tape through much of it. > Spike and his mother reminded me of Cliff Claven and his mother, > only on Cheers it was funny. Here it was boring. > > If they want to show human relationships, they should do it > in the context of the war coming up. Yes, I know you're > gonna claim that's exactly what they did on that episode. > But they really didn't: the general/troops stuff was just > some fluff around the edges. The episode basically dealt > with parental-child love, an issue the show has already > beaten to death. The show is not "Buffy the Freudian Slayer", > but they keep using that theme. Also, the "Giles what > else can you teach me" theme has been done to death. I don't agree. It gave us a clue of how to get free from the FE's influence - confronting it. Facing guilt, anger, evil and overcoming it. It reinforces Andrew's tears and regret closing the seal and I think is giving us a clue to how the FE will be defeated (or at least contained). Lori -- ============================= WIN A TIVO & LIFETIME SERVICE! www.Scifispace.com Visit our Scifi Sites for fans by fans... www.Scifispace.com - www.Scifisource.com, www.Scificonventions.com and www.radioscifi.net And www.GothicStyles.com