FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-06 15:51:48-08:00 - TV Guide Spoiler Preview For Jan 7 Buffy - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Buffy will rack her brain for a way to rescue Spike and protect the apprentice Slayers from the Ubervamp. Why doesn't she have Willow send an e-mail to Riley asking him to show up with a machine gun tooting squad? Why doesn't Buffy fire her rocket launcher from "Him" at the Ubervamp? I understand that Buffy needs Spike's muscle. Why doesn't she seek other sources of muscle such as Angel and Riley? Since the writers set up the Scoobies being equipped with a way to contact Riley, I expect them to follow through, now that the Scoobies clearly have a REASON to contact Riley!

2003-01-07 03:03:22+00:00 - Re: TV Guide Spoiler Preview For Jan 7 Buffy - (Daryl Barnett <atthesea@attbi.com>)

"Tim Bruening" <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message news:3E1A1693.55722B1D@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us... > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > > I understand that Buffy needs Spike's muscle. Why doesn't she seek > other sources of muscle such as Angel and Riley? Does Buffy not want to bother Angel? Or is it that she knows he is busy with his own apocalypse and that he cannot help. I suspect that she would not contact Riley, no matter what. I think since his last visit she has had all of him that she can handle.

2003-01-07 03:03:22+00:00 - Re: TV Guide Spoiler Preview For Jan 7 Buffy - (Daryl Barnett <atthesea@attbi.com>)

"Tim Bruening" <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message news:3E1A1693.55722B1D@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us... > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > 1 > > I understand that Buffy needs Spike's muscle. Why doesn't she seek > other sources of muscle such as Angel and Riley? Does Buffy not want to bother Angel? Or is it that she knows he is busy with his own apocalypse and that he cannot help. I suspect that she would not contact Riley, no matter what. I think since his last visit she has had all of him that she can handle.

2003-01-07 03:29:51+00:00 - Re: TV Guide Spoiler Preview For Jan 7 Buffy - (sillyman@famous.com)

. I suspect that she would >not contact Riley, no matter what. I think since his last visit she has had >all of him that she can handle. > > You're probably right about that. One more reason Buffy needs a Watcher, to keep her from doing stupid things that put the world at risk instead of learning to cope with her own shortcomings. I love Buffy, but come on. Not calling on Riley with the expertise and firepower he has at his disposal just because her feelings are hurt is deeply stupid.