FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-12 13:20:26+00:00 - Isn't it funny... - (Richard Edwards <riche@pobox.com>)

that now that ME is done with the stupid Giles misdirection thing, Giles seems to be doing a nice amount of obvious touching? That idea was so stupid. What kind of payoff did they think they were going to get? The best reason I can come up with is the old "misdirect them, tell them about it, and hope they aren't expecting a twist after" type thing. Later, Richard

2003-02-12 14:17:40+00:00 - Re: Isn't it funny... (vague spoilers) - (Brian the Snorf <blehr@gladstone.uoregon.edu>)

"Richard Edwards" <riche@pobox.com> wrote in message news:3E4A4A23.2DD167E0@pobox.com... > that now that ME is done with the stupid Giles misdirection thing, Giles > seems to be doing a nice amount of obvious touching? > > That idea was so stupid. What kind of payoff did they think they were > going to get? The best reason I can come up with is the old "misdirect > them, tell them about it, and hope they aren't expecting a twist after" > type thing. Sounds kind of like that thing they did with Spike at the end of last season. Ha ha you fools thought he wanted to get the chip out because he called Buffy a bitch and said she was gonna pay but NO IT WAS A SOUL ALL ALONG haha you idiots now let us do the dance of joy and misdirection. ....potential Angel spoilers below........ .......... Now the stuff they just did on this week's Angel, that was good. Or at least it could go a long way towards explaining a certain character's odd behavior this season. -Snorf

2003-02-12 23:28:02-05:00 - Re: Isn't it funny... - (Go-ta Maga-nus <mtm@e.c>)

I didn't see that as a misdirection. It didn't seem like they ever wanted us to really believe that Giles was FE. Or maybe that's just because I never though he was... "Richard Edwards" <riche@pobox.com> wrote in message news:3E4A4A23.2DD167E0@pobox.com... > that now that ME is done with the stupid Giles misdirection thing, Giles > seems to be doing a nice amount of obvious touching? > > That idea was so stupid. What kind of payoff did they think they were > going to get? The best reason I can come up with is the old "misdirect > them, tell them about it, and hope they aren't expecting a twist after" > type thing. > > Later, > Richard

2003-02-12 23:28:02-05:00 - Re: Isn't it funny... - (Go-ta Maga-nus <mtm@e.c>)

I didn't see that as a misdirection. It didn't seem like they ever wanted us to really believe that Giles was FE. Or maybe that's just because I never though he was... "Richard Edwards" <riche@pobox.com> wrote in message news:3E4A4A23.2DD167E0@pobox.com... > that now that ME is done with the stupid Giles misdirection thing, Giles > seems to be doing a nice amount of obvious touching? > > That idea was so stupid. What kind of payoff did they think they were > going to get? The best reason I can come up with is the old "misdirect > them, tell them about it, and hope they aren't expecting a twist after" > type thing. > > Later, > Richard

2003-02-13 10:17:01-06:00 - Re: Isn't it funny... - (Juleen <REMOVEsunryse@centurytel.net>)

Richard Edwards wrote: > that now that ME is done with the stupid Giles misdirection thing, > Giles seems to be doing a nice amount of obvious touching? > > That idea was so stupid. What kind of payoff did they think they were > going to get? The best reason I can come up with is the old > "misdirect them, tell them about it, and hope they aren't expecting a > twist after" type thing. > > Later, > Richard I'm thinking it was the old magicians trick. While the audience is watching one thing, something else is going on right under their noses. Jul -- I read recipies the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well that's never gonna happen."

2003-02-13 15:24:52+00:00 - Re: Isn't it funny... - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

Go-ta Maga-nus wrote: > "Richard Edwards" <riche@pobox.com> wrote in message > news:3E4A4A23.2DD167E0@pobox.com... >> that now that ME is done with the stupid Giles misdirection thing, Giles >> seems to be doing a nice amount of obvious touching? >> >> That idea was so stupid. What kind of payoff did they think they were >> going to get? The best reason I can come up with is the old "misdirect >> them, tell them about it, and hope they aren't expecting a twist after" >> type thing. >> > I didn't see that as a misdirection. It didn't seem like they ever wanted > us to really believe that Giles was FE. Or maybe that's just because I > never though he was... > That's because you were weren't paying attention :-) Giles *deliberately* not touching anything was specified in certain scenes of the shooting scripts. You were *supposed* to notice! John Briggs

2003-02-13 16:49:44-05:00 - Re: Isn't it funny... - (Go-ta Maga-nus <mtm@e.c>)

"John Briggs" <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:9NO2a.2758$WR4.16238@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net... > Go-ta Maga-nus wrote: > > > "Richard Edwards" <riche@pobox.com> wrote in message > > news:3E4A4A23.2DD167E0@pobox.com... > >> that now that ME is done with the stupid Giles misdirection thing, Giles > >> seems to be doing a nice amount of obvious touching? > >> > >> That idea was so stupid. What kind of payoff did they think they were > >> going to get? The best reason I can come up with is the old "misdirect > >> them, tell them about it, and hope they aren't expecting a twist after" > >> type thing. > >> > > I didn't see that as a misdirection. It didn't seem like they ever wanted > > us to really believe that Giles was FE. Or maybe that's just because I > > never though he was... > > > > That's because you were weren't paying attention :-) Pretty hard to pay attention to any episode after the first of this season :) I've been playing Morrowind during every episode (except the last one which actually drew me away).