FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-20 21:04:53+00:00 - I'm probably reading too much into this... - (ea161@FreeNet.Carleton.CA)

Hey all. Just wanted to say something about the whole Willow/Kennedy relationship thing. I'm not going to argue whether WIllow's gay or not, as I think it's been established well enough in series. What I want to say, though, is that I don't think any possible relationship will be settled until episode 7.19. Why 7.19? Well, I've noticed that, from Season 3 onwards, episode 19 often contains important personal milestones for Willow. Here's what I came up with: 3.19 - Choices: While she normally keeps quiet, Willow tells Faith off. In the Mayor's Office. With Faith brandishing a knife. (major bravado). As well, she decides that she wants to stay in Sunnydale to help fight the good fight. 4.19 - New Moon Rising: Forced to make a choice between Oz and Tara. Instead of resuming her older, safer relationship with Oz, she decides to establish a new one with Tara. For her, she's entering unknown territory. She also had the strength to come out to Buffy. 5.19 - Tough Love: Faced with the possibility of Tara being mentally ill for the rest of her life, Willow declares that she'll always take care of her. 6.19 - Seeing Red: She gets back together with Tara after their separation, only to lose her permanently. Her grief starts her emergence (or re-emergence) of Dark Willow. So what's next for her? Who knows? Talk to ya later, Greg -- ********************* Greg McCambley ******************** * Life is like Improv. Make it up as you go along, * * but don't think too hard about what to make it. * ***MSTie #87735/Whoser/Freelance DW and James Bond Fan***

2003-01-21 05:22:58+00:00 - Re: I'm probably reading too much into this... - (Philip Chien <nobody@nowhere.com>)

ea161@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Gregory McCambley) wrote in news:b0ho9l$pc4$1@freenet9.carleton.ca: > Well, I've noticed that, from Season 3 onwards, > episode 19 often contains important personal milestones for Willow. > Here's what I came up with: <snip> interesting observations As already noted the way a season arc works (or for that matter most stories) they start, build up to a peak, and then a big finish. So it isn't surprising at all that certain episodes would be major ones at the same time each year. Philip Chien (who has found clues that they were going to have a musical episode all the way back in Season 1)