FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-21 13:39:37-08:00 - Darla: what did I miss? - (Rusty Shackleford <puchika2002@hotmail.com>)

I'm watching my Season 1 DVDs and I thought I had seen all the episodes on re-runs, but I missed a lot. Anyway, in the episode called "Angel", Angel spikes Darla and she turns to dust. But I know Darla doesn't die since she gave birth to Angel's son fairly recently. What did I miss and when and how did Darla come back to "life"? TIA -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

2003-02-21 13:39:37-08:00 - Darla: what did I miss? - (Rusty Shackleford <puchika2002@hotmail.com>)

I'm watching my Season 1 DVDs and I thought I had seen all the episodes on re-runs, but I missed a lot. Anyway, in the episode called "Angel", Angel spikes Darla and she turns to dust. But I know Darla doesn't die since she gave birth to Angel's son fairly recently. What did I miss and when and how did Darla come back to "life"? TIA -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

2003-02-21 17:03:20-05:00 - Re: Darla: what did I miss? - (chasa <chasa@nospam.com>)

You missed the first two seasons of Angel :) She did die on Buffy, but then was resurrected as a human by Wolfram and Hart in the Angel S1 finale, To Shanshu in LA. She was revamped by Drusilla in S2, after which she and Angel slept together. She returned pregnant in S3 and then staked herself so that the baby could live. There's a lot more in there (she's my favorite character, so I could blather), but that's the gist of it! chasa --On Friday, February 21, 2003 1:39 PM -0800 Rusty Shackleford <puchika2002@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm watching my Season 1 DVDs and I thought I had seen all the episodes on > re-runs, but I missed a lot. Anyway, in the episode called "Angel", Angel > spikes Darla and she turns to dust. But I know Darla doesn't die since > she gave birth to Angel's son fairly recently. > > What did I miss and when and how did Darla come back to "life"?

2003-02-21 17:46:10-06:00 - Re: Darla: what did I miss? - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <Toy5a.816$se1.415686@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com>, "Beth" <Beth628@ameritech.net> wrote: > "Rusty Shackleford" <puchika2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:3e569e54$1_1@corp.newsgroups.com... > > I'm watching my Season 1 DVDs and I thought I had seen all the episodes > > on > > re-runs, but I missed a lot. Anyway, in the episode called "Angel", > > Angel > > spikes Darla and she turns to dust. But I know Darla doesn't die since > she > > gave birth to Angel's son fairly recently. > > > > What did I miss and when and how did Darla come back to "life"? > > > > TIA > > I wasn't a faithful viewer of Angel at the time this happened, but > sometime in the 1st or 2nd season Wolfram and Hart (Heart??) brought her back to > life using some spell. I believe Dru was involved somehow. No, Drusilla wasn't involved in bringing Darla back. Wolfram & Hart brought Darla back as a normal human and Angel had succeeded in redeeming her and bringing her back to the side of good only to find out she had a fatal disease, the same disease she had when she was turned by the Master 400 years ago. Darla had come to terms with her fate and accepted her eventual death as a human when Wolfram & Hart broke into her hotel room, held Angel captive and had Drusilla turn Darla into a vampire again while Angel watched.

2003-02-21 23:13:55+00:00 - Re: Darla: what did I miss? - (Beth <Beth628@ameritech.net>)

"Rusty Shackleford" <puchika2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3e569e54$1_1@corp.newsgroups.com... > I'm watching my Season 1 DVDs and I thought I had seen all the episodes on > re-runs, but I missed a lot. Anyway, in the episode called "Angel", Angel > spikes Darla and she turns to dust. But I know Darla doesn't die since she > gave birth to Angel's son fairly recently. > > What did I miss and when and how did Darla come back to "life"? > > TIA I wasn't a faithful viewer of Angel at the time this happened, but sometime in the 1st or 2nd season Wolfram and Hart (Heart??) brought her back to life using some spell. I believe Dru was involved somehow. I don't remember what their motive was, obviously it had something to do with Angel, but I don't remember what exactly. But I'm sure someone else will be able to fill in the details I'm blanking on.

2003-02-21 23:30:03+00:00 - Re: Darla: what did I miss? - (CC Zona <cczona@nospam.invalid>)

In article <Toy5a.816$se1.415686@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com>, "Beth" <Beth628@ameritech.net> wrote: > "Rusty Shackleford" <puchika2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:3e569e54$1_1@corp.newsgroups.com... > > I'm watching my Season 1 DVDs and I thought I had seen all the episodes on > > re-runs, but I missed a lot. Anyway, in the episode called "Angel", Angel > > spikes Darla and she turns to dust. But I know Darla doesn't die since > she > > gave birth to Angel's son fairly recently. > > > > What did I miss and when and how did Darla come back to "life"? > > > > TIA > > I wasn't a faithful viewer of Angel at the time this happened, but sometime > in the 1st or 2nd season Wolfram and Hart (Heart??) brought her back to life > using some spell. I believe Dru was involved somehow. I don't remember > what their motive was, obviously it had something to do with Angel, but I > don't remember what exactly. But I'm sure someone else will be able to fill > in the details I'm blanking on. Detailed summaries: http://www.CityofAngel.com/episodes/index.html Angel newsgroup: news:alt.tv.angel Darla's return and its fallout was the major story of Angel season two. If you're interested in either her backstory or Angel's, it's well worth it to check out that season's DVDs when they're released. (Plus the AtS episode "Darla", is the companion piece to BtvS "Fool for Love". It's fun to watch those two episodes together, since they show some of the same backstory events from very different perspectives.) Angel spoilers for seasons 2 through present.... Near the end of AtS S2 Wolfram and Hart used a spell to bring Darla back as human. They wanted to use her to turn Angel to their side. In S3, she messed with Angel's mind a bunch, he tried to convince her to embrace her humanity, and then just as she was starting to accept her new life as a "gift", she found out that she'd be brought back with the same dying body she'd had when the Master first turned her back during Colonial times. She begged Angel to turn her, he wouldn't. He attempted to save her another way, but no soap. Just when they'd both made peace with the idea of her imminent death, Dru was brought in to turn Darla. After being (re-)sired, Darla wreaked a lot of havoc with Dru. Angel turned dark, then dispairing; in a fit of sort of suicidal pique, he attempted to shed his soul by bedding/raping Darla. The soul didn't budge, and Darla got her walking papers. In S3 she came back to town, pregnant and pissed off that her every attempt to abort the miracle baby had been mystically thwarted. Toward the end of her pregnancy, her (human) baby's soul had begun to infect its demon mommy, causing Darla to briefly experience love for her unborn child. Knowing that once the baby was delivered that its soul's influence would be lost, and that she'd return to being the monster capable of killing that baby, she staked herself during delivery. Angel's son, Connor, was "born" amidst Darla's ashes. So far in S4 she's remained dead. (Only in Whedon's worlds is it necessary to include such disclaimers. LOL.) -- CC "All I'm saying is soulles Spike would have had me upside down and halfway to happyland by now..." - Anya Dawn: "I feel safe with you..." Spike: "TAKE THAT BACK!"

2003-02-22 08:41:39+00:00 - Re: Darla: what did I miss? - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

Beth wrote: > "Rusty Shackleford" <puchika2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:3e569e54$1_1@corp.newsgroups.com... > >>I'm watching my Season 1 DVDs and I thought I had seen all the episodes on >>re-runs, but I missed a lot. Anyway, in the episode called "Angel", Angel >>spikes Darla and she turns to dust. But I know Darla doesn't die since > > she > >>gave birth to Angel's son fairly recently. >> >>What did I miss and when and how did Darla come back to "life"? >> >>TIA > > > I wasn't a faithful viewer of Angel at the time this happened, but sometime > in the 1st or 2nd season Wolfram and Hart (Heart??) brought her back to life > using some spell. last ep of season 1, not discovered by angel and gang until season 2. > I believe Dru was involved somehow. when Angel refused to revamp Darla W&H brought in Dru to do it.

2003-02-22 12:12:25-05:00 - Re: Darla: what did I miss? - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"CC Zona" <cczona@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:cczona-DA0016.15300221022003@netnews.attbi.com... > In article <Toy5a.816$se1.415686@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com>, > "Beth" <Beth628@ameritech.net> wrote: <preserving Angel S2 spoiler space...> > > > > > > > Near the end of AtS S2 Wolfram and Hart used a spell to bring Darla back as > human. They wanted to use her to turn Angel to their side. > > In S3, she messed with Angel's mind a bunch, he tried to convince her to > embrace her humanity, and then just as she was starting to accept her new > life as a "gift", she found out that she'd be brought back with the same > dying body she'd had when the Master first turned her back during Colonial > times. She begged Angel to turn her, he wouldn't. He attempted to save > her another way, but no soap. Just when they'd both made peace with the > idea of her imminent death, Dru was brought in to turn Darla. After being > (re-)sired, Darla wreaked a lot of havoc with Dru. Angel turned dark, then > dispairing; in a fit of sort of suicidal pique, he attempted to shed his > soul by bedding/raping Darla. The soul didn't budge, and Darla got her > walking papers. I believe up there you mean AtS S1 and S2 respectively, not S2 and S3. Arnold Kim

2003-02-22 17:55:27+00:00 - Re: Darla: what did I miss? - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

Arnold Kim wrote: > "CC Zona" <cczona@nospam.invalid> wrote in message > news:cczona-DA0016.15300221022003@netnews.attbi.com... > >>In article <Toy5a.816$se1.415686@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com>, >> "Beth" <Beth628@ameritech.net> wrote: > > > <preserving Angel S2 spoiler space...> > >> >> >> >> >> >>Near the end of AtS S2 Wolfram and Hart used a spell to bring Darla back > > as > >>human. They wanted to use her to turn Angel to their side. >> >>In S3, she messed with Angel's mind a bunch, he tried to convince her to >>embrace her humanity, and then just as she was starting to accept her new >>life as a "gift", she found out that she'd be brought back with the same >>dying body she'd had when the Master first turned her back during Colonial >>times. She begged Angel to turn her, he wouldn't. He attempted to save >>her another way, but no soap. Just when they'd both made peace with the >>idea of her imminent death, Dru was brought in to turn Darla. After being >>(re-)sired, Darla wreaked a lot of havoc with Dru. Angel turned dark, > > then > >>dispairing; in a fit of sort of suicidal pique, he attempted to shed his >>soul by bedding/raping Darla. The soul didn't budge, and Darla got her >>walking papers. > > > I believe up there you mean AtS S1 and S2 respectively, not S2 and S3. that is correct. Darla came back at the end of Season 1. was discovered by AI in season 2. was revamped by Druscilla in season 2. slept with Angel in season 2. and then there's the fun in season 3 that I'm not going to mention (in case someone hasn't gotten that scoop already)