FLM films - My Webpage

2002-12-16 21:43:50-08:00 - Re: What is it with the onslaught of Willow lesbian threads? - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

TomTraubertsBlues wrote: > > I don't read any of them, but I notice that there are countless threads > about this subject. Do the posts stay on topic? Is there really that much > to discuss about his subject? Just curious. > > Mike I don't get it either, so I avoid them. Seems like a total waste of time discussing the sexual preferences of a fictional character.

2002-12-17 00:37:16-05:00 - What is it with the onslaught of Willow lesbian threads? - (TomTraubertsBlues <silentsaregolden@comcast.net>)

2002-12-17 00:51:43-05:00 - Re: What is it with the onslaught of Willow lesbian threads? - (EGK <egk@hotmail.com>)

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:43:50 -0800, Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: >TomTraubertsBlues wrote: >> >> I don't read any of them, but I notice that there are countless threads >> about this subject. Do the posts stay on topic? Is there really that much >> to discuss about his subject? Just curious. >> >> Mike > >I don't get it either, so I avoid them. Seems like a total waste of time >discussing the sexual preferences of a fictional character. LOL as opposed to the time well spent arguing all the other subjects that come up in here? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2002-12-17 06:31:50-08:00 - Re: What is it with the onslaught of Willow lesbian threads? - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <W4ydnWwDuPWXJWOgXTWc3Q@comcast.com>, "TomTraubertsBlues" <silentsaregolden@comcast.net> wrote: > I don't read any of them, but I notice that there are countless threads > about this subject. Do the posts stay on topic? Is there really that > much to discuss about his subject? Just curious. There are some people who apparently get a major thrill out of saying the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

2002-12-17 08:57:16-08:00 - Re: META: What is it with the onslaught of Willow lesbian threads? - (Joe Curwen <jcurwen@freeonline.com>)

In article <W4ydnWwDuPWXJWOgXTWc3Q@comcast.com>, "TomTraubertsBlues" says... > >I don't read any of them, but I notice that there are countless threads >about this subject. Do the posts stay on topic? Is there really that much >to discuss about his subject? Just curious. > >Mike > The recent spate of posts on the subject revolves around the following issue: Joss said (prior to S7) that "Willow is certainly gay now" and would be written that way going forward. Some say that this statement means that Willow's character would have to be retconned, while others say that no retcon has or needs to take place in her characterization. On the surface, I imagine that this topic would be as likely as any other to earn the attention of posters, given the importance of Willow to the show. However, since you are undeniably right in saying that the number of posts on the topic far exceeds anything one might reasonably expect from it, the question remains: Why so many? While some are motivated by the "retcon" issue itself to post, other groups become invested in the topic because it speaks to something important in their own lives or thoughts. For some, the idea that a person can believe themselves straight and then awaken to homosexual desire later on arouses a furious resistance, and for others, this same idea rings true because it happened to them or others they know. And so the number of posts grow. Joe (adding 'META' to the subject line)

2002-12-17 14:11:49+00:00 - Re: What is it with the onslaught of Willow lesbian threads? - (Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com>)

Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in news:3DFEB996.50BC8E0B@rcn.com: > TomTraubertsBlues wrote: >> >> I don't read any of them, but I notice that there are countless >> threads about this subject. Do the posts stay on topic? Is there >> really that much to discuss about his subject? Just curious. >> >> Mike > > I don't get it either, so I avoid them. Seems like a total waste of > time discussing the sexual preferences of a fictional character. > How is it more a waste of time to discuss that than any other aspect of the show? It is a total waste of time to discuss a fictional show AT ALL. So, unless you have the time to waste, go away.

2002-12-17 17:11:19-08:00 - Re: What is it with the onslaught of Willow lesbian threads? - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <Xns92E75E74AB839clarkrsmindspringcom@65.82.44.10>, Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com> wrote: > Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in news:3DFEB996.50BC8E0B@rcn.com: > > > TomTraubertsBlues wrote: > >> > >> I don't read any of them, but I notice that there are countless > >> threads about this subject. Do the posts stay on topic? Is there > >> really that much to discuss about his subject? Just curious. > >> > >> Mike > > > > I don't get it either, so I avoid them. Seems like a total waste of > > time discussing the sexual preferences of a fictional character. > > > > How is it more a waste of time to discuss that than any other aspect of > the show? Because it's all been said and re-said so many times that it has redefined the word redundant. As new episodes air, the other aspects of the show become fresh.

2002-12-17 21:14:57-08:00 - Re: What is it with the onslaught of Willow lesbian threads? - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <Xns92E7BF1C38D23clarkrsmindspringcom@65.82.44.9>, Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com> wrote: > BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote in > news:BTR1702-B5E6C4.17111917122002 > @nntp.ix.netcom.com: > > > In article <Xns92E75E74AB839clarkrsmindspringcom@65.82.44.10>, Robert > > Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com> wrote: > > > >> Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in news:3DFEB996.50BC8E0B@rcn.com: > >> > >> > TomTraubertsBlues wrote: > >> >> > >> >> I don't read any of them, but I notice that there are countless > >> >> threads about this subject. Do the posts stay on topic? Is there > >> >> really that much to discuss about his subject? Just curious. > >> >> > >> >> Mike > >> > > >> > I don't get it either, so I avoid them. Seems like a total waste of > >> > time discussing the sexual preferences of a fictional character. > >> > > >> > >> How is it more a waste of time to discuss that than any other aspect > >> of the show? > > > > Because it's all been said and re-said so many times that it has > > redefined the word redundant. > > > > As new episodes air, the other aspects of the show become fresh. > > > > Oh, you mean like we can discuss how Buffy et al will save the world from > an apocalypse? > > Or maybe Anya's new hairdo? Well, at least it's a NEW hairdo and a NEW apocalypse. How many times can you read "She's gay", "No, she's bi", "No, she's gay", "No, she's bi" before wanting to scream? I got tired of it ages ago and stopped reading those threads. But hey, if that floats your boat, have at it. I'm certainly not suggesting anyone be prevented from saying what they want.

2002-12-17 22:33:06-06:00 - Re: What is it with the onslaught of Willow lesbian threads? - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: "TomTraubertsBlues" <silentsaregolden@comcast.net> wrote in <W4ydnWwDuPWXJWOgXTWc3Q@comcast.com>: > I don't read any of them, but I notice that there are countless threads > about this subject. Do the posts stay on topic? Is there really that much > to discuss about his subject? Just curious. > Two words: operant conditioning. -- "Welcome to the Hellmouth, where even outerwear isn't safe. -- Xander Harris Roberto Castillo castillo@enteract.com http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2002-12-17 23:31:03+00:00 - Re: What is it with the onslaught of Willow lesbian threads? - (Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com>)

2002-12-18 03:28:27+00:00 - Re: What is it with the onslaught of Willow lesbian threads? - (Smaug69 <smaug69xx@carolinaxx.rrxx.com>)

2002-12-18 18:09:25+00:00 - Re: What is it with the onslaught of Willow lesbian threads? - (UN <unwilly@nomail.sbcglobal.net>)

"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:3DFEB996.50BC8E0B@rcn.com... > TomTraubertsBlues wrote: > > > > I don't read any of them, but I notice that there are countless threads > > about this subject. Do the posts stay on topic? Is there really that much > > to discuss about his subject? Just curious. > > > > Mike > > I don't get it either, so I avoid them. Seems like a total waste of time > discussing the sexual preferences of a fictional character. Yes pointless. Now I have to get back to that discussion of fictional child support and counselor certification. UN

2002-12-18 18:17:08+00:00 - Re: What is it with the onslaught of Willow lesbian threads? - (UN <unwilly@nomail.sbcglobal.net>)

"Zombie Elvis" <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com> wrote in message news:ghuvvuo7vof0nce40cc3oqj4hfsidkight@4ax.com... > It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs > and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: > "TomTraubertsBlues" <silentsaregolden@comcast.net> wrote in > <W4ydnWwDuPWXJWOgXTWc3Q@comcast.com>: > > > I don't read any of them, but I notice that there are countless threads > > about this subject. Do the posts stay on topic? Is there really that much > > to discuss about his subject? Just curious. > > > Two words: operant conditioning. Three words: crunchy peanut butter