FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-11 23:39:53-06:00 - Re: [NEWS] S6 DVDs (R2) and such (was Re:OMWF on DVD) - (Lord Usher <lord_usher@hotmail.com>)

"Brian the Snorf" <blehr@gladstone.uoregon.edu> wrote in news:_mk2a.71135$2H6.1641@sccrnsc04: > Here's some recent news on the S6 Region 2 DVD set. (Link: > http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?sectionId=3&articleId=5188) [snip] > c.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Featurette: Season 6 Overview: Life > Is The Big Bad" I think this is a typo. Shouldn't it read, "Season 6 Overview: Willow Is the Big Bad, Until We Chicken Out at the Last Minute and Try to Convince Everyone It Was Our Plan All Along"? This defensive revisionism is beyond pathetic. For Chrissakes, ME... give us a little credit for knowing where the first half of the season was heading! Just cop to the last-minute change in plans and move on. -- Lord Usher "Don't we kill 'em any more?"

2003-02-12 04:48:58+00:00 - [NEWS] S6 DVDs (R2) and such (was Re:OMWF on DVD) - (Brian the Snorf <blehr@gladstone.uoregon.edu>)

<Jag> wrote in message news:3e49c788$0$403$cc7c7865@news.luth.se... > BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote: > Anyway, there is no 59 minute version (I doubt there will be an extended > version, I seem to recall Joss not liking Director's Cut releases, or > maybe that was someone else). The full version runs for about 50 minutes > like the German release (which I don't have). There will be a UK release > in a few months, and about a month after that the season 6 boxset will > be out also. I think we can be fairly certain that it's going to be the > full version on the DVDs. Here's some recent news on the S6 Region 2 DVD set. (Link: http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?sectionId=3&articleId=5188) I don't know if my formatting will come out wonky below. If this imformation is correct, well...suffice it to say that there's a hell of a lot in this set, including 6 audio commentaries (with one for OMWF, natch), Karaoke Sing-Alongs (?), a couple documentaries, and finally some outtakes!! ********************************************* It's an exciting day at the BBFC, not only have we got the extras for "Buffy" season 6 (there may be more though): a.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Featurette: A & E Tvography " 43m 2s b.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Bargaining" Widescreen, DVD Director's audio commentary c.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Featurette: Season 6 Overview: Life Is The Big Bad" 30m 19s d.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Grave" Widescreen, DVD Director's audio commentary e.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Hell's Bells Directors Commentary" f.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Karaoke Sing-Alongs" 10m 16s g.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Normal Again Directors Commentary" h.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Once More With Feeling Directors Commentary" i.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Smashed" Widescreen, DVD Director's audio commentary j.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Academy Of Television Arts And Sciences Panel Discussion" 59m 26s k.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Outtakes Reel" 2m 38s l.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 6 - Outtakes Reel" 2m 29s ********************************************* -Snorf

2003-02-12 08:44:17-06:00 - Re: [NEWS] S6 DVDs (R2) and such (was Re:OMWF on DVD) - (Lord Usher <lord_usher@hotmail.com>)

Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in news:120220030917137707%dsample@synapse.net: >> I think this is a typo. Shouldn't it read, "Season 6 Overview: Willow >> Is the Big Bad, Until We Chicken Out at the Last Minute and Try to >> Convince Everyone It Was Our Plan All Along"? >> >> This defensive revisionism is beyond pathetic. For Chrissakes, ME... >> give us a little credit for knowing where the first half of the >> season was heading! Just cop to the last-minute change in plans and >> move on. > > Except that "Life is the big bad" is what they were saying about > season six before they even started it. No, they were saying that Our Heroes would be dealing with more of the problems and responsibilities of adult life (which they did, for a while), but as far as I know the notion that life itself was the Big Bad only arose after the giant retcon that was "Wrecked." If you've got an early source that I'm misremembering, please, point me in its direction... -- Lord Usher "Don't we kill 'em any more?"

2003-02-12 09:17:13-05:00 - Re: [NEWS] S6 DVDs (R2) and such (was Re:OMWF on DVD) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <Xns931FF07956FB2houseofusher@63.209.170.233>, Lord Usher <lord_usher@hotmail.com> wrote: > "Brian the Snorf" <blehr@gladstone.uoregon.edu> wrote in > news:_mk2a.71135$2H6.1641@sccrnsc04: > > > Here's some recent news on the S6 Region 2 DVD set. (Link: > > http://www.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?sectionId=3&articleId=5188) > > [snip] > > > c.. "Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Featurette: Season 6 Overview: Life > > Is The Big Bad" > > I think this is a typo. Shouldn't it read, "Season 6 Overview: Willow Is > the Big Bad, Until We Chicken Out at the Last Minute and Try to Convince > Everyone It Was Our Plan All Along"? > > This defensive revisionism is beyond pathetic. For Chrissakes, ME... give > us a little credit for knowing where the first half of the season was > heading! Just cop to the last-minute change in plans and move on. Except that "Life is the big bad" is what they were saying about season six before they even started it. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-02-12 18:55:08-06:00 - Re: [NEWS] S6 DVDs (R2) and such (was Re:OMWF on DVD) - (Lord Usher <lord_usher@hotmail.com>)

"Harry the Horse" <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1045089973.53980.0@despina.uk.clara.net: > "Lord Usher" <lord_usher@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:Xns932058B27BB76houseofusher@63.209.170.235... >> Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in >> news:120220030917137707%dsample@synapse.net: >> >> > >> > Except that "Life is the big bad" is what they were saying about >> > season six before they even started it. >> >> No, they were saying that Our Heroes would be dealing with more of >> the problems and responsibilities of adult life (which they did, for >> a while), but as far as I know the notion that life itself was the >> Big Bad only arose after the giant retcon that was "Wrecked." >> >> If you've got an early source that I'm misremembering, please, point >> me in its direction... >> > Well, I don't have a 'source' in the sense of a URL I can post, but I > remember it like Don said. Memory's a funny thing, though. Lots of people remember the sex scene in "Surprise," too -- and complain when it seems to have been edited out of repeat broadcasts -- but that doesn't change the fact that there never was such a scene, and that they're simply misremembering something that happened in a later episode. So I shall respectfully wait for a citation... -- Lord Usher "Don't we kill 'em any more?"

2003-02-12 22:58:09+00:00 - Re: [NEWS] S6 DVDs (R2) and such (was Re:OMWF on DVD) - (Harry the Horse <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com>)

2003-02-13 13:00:22+11:00 - Re: [NEWS] S6 DVDs (R2) and such (was Re:OMWF on DVD) - (Ian Galbraith <igalbraith@ozonline.com.au>)

On 11 Feb 2003 23:39:53 -0600, Lord Usher <lord_usher@hotmail.com> wrote: [snip] >I think this is a typo. Shouldn't it read, "Season 6 Overview: Willow Is >the Big Bad, Until We Chicken Out at the Last Minute and Try to Convince >Everyone It Was Our Plan All Along"? Didn't Marti admit that there was a change in plans? >This defensive revisionism is beyond pathetic. For Chrissakes, ME... give >us a little credit for knowing where the first half of the season was >heading! Just cop to the last-minute change in plans and move on. Life is the big bad applied to the whole season so no revisionism is necessary. It applied to all the characters even without the change in plans re Willow. -- Ian Galbraith Email: igalbraith@removeozonline.com.au "Being cool requires no work. Mostly it requires detachment. You can be cool and not care about being cool. Being hip requires both style and effort. You can't be hip without working at it." - Players: The A.I. War by Daniel Keys Moran