FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-01 06:57:33-05:00 - Re: So...Who is the REAL Slayer? (season 7 spoiler) - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <oqi1bvc8j16arsjbjrqvhrueuafpjvhqlo@4ax.com>, Stitch <olstitch@email.com> wrote: > This just fell into place for me watching Empty Places, so maybe it's > totally wrong, I almost hope it is.... > . > Buffy's death at the end of Season One spawned Kendra, the next Slayer > in the line. When Kendra died, Faith was called. That is the Slayer > line, right? > > When Buffy died again at the end of Season 5 no new Slayer was called. Not necessarily. > Why? Because when Buffy came back from the dead the First time she > was "A Slayer", but no longer "THE Slayer". As far as the show is concerned, there's no such thing as "the" Slayer. Buffy is a Slayer. Faith is a Slayer. No evidence has been presented to show any difference between the two. > When she died the second > time there was no replacement was called because Buffy wasn't The > Slayer when she died that time, Faith was. Not necessarily. Everyone, including the bad guys who are right in the middle of this and would presumably know the mystic involved, consider Buffy as much a Slayer as anyone. In fact, Caleb thinks she's "more" of a Slayer than Faith and the Mayor had every reason to think that both Faith and Buffy would call replacements if killed.

[...]

2003-05-01 07:23:13+00:00 - So...Who is the REAL Slayer? (season 7 spoiler) - (Stitch <olstitch@email.com>)

This just fell into place for me watching Empty Places, so maybe it's totally wrong, I almost hope it is.... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Buffy's death at the end of Season One spawned Kendra, the next Slayer in the line. When Kendra died, Faith was called. That is the Slayer line, right? When Buffy died again at the end of Season 5 no new Slayer was called. Why? Because when Buffy came back from the dead the First time she was "A Slayer", but no longer "THE Slayer". When she died the second time there was no replacement was called because Buffy wasn't The Slayer when she died that time, Faith was. The TRUE Slayer has been Faith since she first showed up. I think this is just coming out in the story now with Faith taking control during the final battle and all. This explains a LOT actually. I love Buffy as much as the next person, but looking all the way back to Season 2 Buffy has engaged in a lot of UN-slayer like behavior; vamp lovers, etc. She has saved the World with her powers, but she has almost destroyed it a few times as well. This also might explain why Faith has been so screwed up over the years. Faith has been the True Slayer, but everyone including the Watcher Council, Giles, Buffy and even Faith herself have believed Buffy was the true Slayer. Which could also end up being Caleb and The First's undoing, especially since they too seem to believe Buffy is the true slayer. Maybe they will be stalking Buffy while the True Slayer (Faith) gets her chance to blind-side those bad boys. Or...maybe this ain't right at all! haha..

[...]

2003-05-01 10:58:10+00:00 - Re: So...Who is the REAL Slayer? (season 7 spoiler) - (3D Master <3d.master@chello.nl>)

Stitch wrote: > This just fell into place for me watching Empty Places, so maybe it's > totally wrong, I almost hope it is.... > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > Which could also end up being Caleb and The First's undoing, > especially since they too seem to believe Buffy is the true slayer. > Maybe they will be stalking Buffy while the True Slayer (Faith) gets > her chance to blind-side those bad boys. > > Or...maybe this ain't right at all! haha.. I think you're right, however not entirely this last part: I don't know how much Caleb's message to the one and only true slayer comes from the FE and not himself. It's either FE alone that knows, and he's manipulating everyone including Caleb, or Caleb knows as well. Remember Caleb sending a message to the one and only true slayer? Who was right behind him? Faith! What did he do to the girl? Gutted her in the same place Faith was gutted by Buffy! 3D Master -- ~~~~~ "I've got something to say; it's better to burn out than to fade away!" - The Kurgan, Highlander "Give me some sugar, baby!" - Ashley J. 'Ash' Williams, Army of Darkness ~~~~~ Author of several stories, which can be found here: http://members.chello.nl/~jg.temolder1/

2003-05-01 11:48:56-07:00 - Re: So...Who is the REAL Slayer? (season 7 spoiler) - (smaug86@yahoo.com)

BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:<BTR1702-D470D5.06573301052003@nntp.ix.netcom.com>... > In article <oqi1bvc8j16arsjbjrqvhrueuafpjvhqlo@4ax.com>, Stitch > <olstitch@email.com> wrote: > > > This just fell into place for me watching Empty Places, so maybe it's > > totally wrong, I almost hope it is.... > > > . > > Buffy's death at the end of Season One spawned Kendra, the next Slayer > > in the line. When Kendra died, Faith was called. That is the Slayer > > line, right? > > > > When Buffy died again at the end of Season 5 no new Slayer was called. > > Not necessarily. > > > Why? Because when Buffy came back from the dead the First time she > > was "A Slayer", but no longer "THE Slayer". > > As far as the show is concerned, there's no such thing as "the" Slayer. > Buffy is a Slayer. Faith is a Slayer. No evidence has been presented to > show any difference between the two. > > > When she died the second > > time there was no replacement was called because Buffy wasn't The > > Slayer when she died that time, Faith was. > > Not necessarily. > > Everyone, including the bad guys who are right in the middle of this and > would presumably know the mystic involved, consider Buffy as much a > Slayer as anyone. In fact, Caleb thinks she's "more" of a Slayer than > Faith and the Mayor had every reason to think that both Faith and Buffy > would call replacements if killed. > > From "Dirty Girls" > > CALEB > Now if I'm not mistaken, there's a car a little ways behind us and I do > believe there's some folk in it going the same place you are. Now I want > you to deliver a message for me but it's not for them. It's for the > other one. The one and only, the original, accept-no-substitutes Slayer. > Would you tell her something for me? Plus, didn't Faith say something about Buffy being the true Slayer in Empty Places? Smaug69

2003-05-01 11:58:19-07:00 - Re: So...Who is the REAL Slayer? (season 7 spoiler) - (smaug86@yahoo.com)

3D Master <3d.master@chello.nl> wrote in message news:<657sa.1085149$sj7.44111998@Flipper>... > Stitch wrote: > > This just fell into place for me watching Empty Places, so maybe it's > > totally wrong, I almost hope it is.... > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > Which could also end up being Caleb and The First's undoing, > > especially since they too seem to believe Buffy is the true slayer. > > Maybe they will be stalking Buffy while the True Slayer (Faith) gets > > her chance to blind-side those bad boys. > > > > Or...maybe this ain't right at all! haha.. > > I think you're right, however not entirely this last part: > > I don't know how much Caleb's message to the one and only true slayer > comes from the FE and not himself. It's either FE alone that knows, and > he's manipulating everyone including Caleb, or Caleb knows as well. Well, initially, Caleb did not know that the FE was manifesting itself in the form of Buffy the Slayer. He figured it out after a couple of hints. > Remember Caleb sending a message to the one and only true slayer? Who > was right behind him? Faith! What did he do to the girl? Gutted her in > the same place Faith was gutted by Buffy! But that girl gave the message to Buffy, not Faith. It was always intended for Buffy since she is the one the FE has been dealing with all this time. It's silly to think that Faith is in any way, shape or form the "One True Slayer." Both Faith and Buffy are Slayers. They both have the same powers. However, Buffy is the only one of the two who has been fighting the forces of darkness for the last 4 years, the only one of the two who has been fighting the FE this season and the only one of the two who faced the FE back in the 3rd season. Smaug69

[...]

2003-05-01 12:30:40-06:00 - Re: So...Who is the REAL Slayer? (season 7 spoiler) - (NOSPAMrobertocastillo@ameritech.net)

Stitch wrote: > This just fell into place for me watching Empty Places, so maybe > it's > totally wrong, I almost hope it is.... > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > Buffy's death at the end of Season One spawned Kendra, the next > Slayer > in the line. When Kendra died, Faith was called. That is the > Slayer > line, right? > > When Buffy died again at the end of Season 5 no new Slayer was > called. BTR has already played this about four or five times by now but it bears repeating, not necessarily. Having said that, unless this mythical third slayer shows up during the next few episodes, I think that we can safely assume that she does not exist. There has been a world wide search for potential slayers going on for months now and it likely would have also netted an actual Slayer as well. Even if the third slayer managed to escape detection, slayers tend to be drawn to mystical hotspots like the Hellmouth (think back all the way to "Welcome to the Hellmouth" where Buffy just happened to move to Sunnydale in time to stop the Harvest). With the Hellmouth ready to blow its top, you would think that any preternaturally strong girl that would happen to be out there would have already been drawn to Sunnydale by not so random circumstance by now. > Why? Because when Buffy came back from the dead the First time she > was "A Slayer", but no longer "THE Slayer". When she died the > second > time there was no replacement was called because Buffy wasn't The > Slayer when she died that time, Faith was. Or maybe it was the mystical nature or her death which gummed up the works. Maybe if Buffy dies a third time, she will still trigger another slayer. > > The TRUE Slayer has been Faith since she first showed up. I think > this is just coming out in the story now with Faith taking control > during the final battle and all. Except that the Slayer has always been alone. Buffy, by walking away has become more slayer-like than ever. > Or...maybe this ain't right at all! haha.. I think that both Faith and Buffy are "true slayers." -- Does this .sig make my butt look big? Roberto Castillo robertocastillo@ameritech.net

[...]

2003-05-01 12:32:24-07:00 - Re: So...Who is the REAL Slayer? (season 7 spoiler) - (salmoneous@aol.com)

Stitch > Buffy's death at the end of Season One spawned Kendra, the next Slayer > in the line. When Kendra died, Faith was called. That is the Slayer > line, right? Wrong. Or maybe right. We have no way of knowing. We don't even know if there is such a thing as "the Slayer line". All we have been told that a slayer dies, another is called. > When Buffy died again at the end of Season 5 no new Slayer was called. Maybe, maybe not. Every time it has ever come up within the show, it has been assumed that Buffy's death - post Kendra, would call a new Slayer. The good guys think so, the bad guys think so. Nobody has ever said otherwise. > Why? Because when Buffy came back from the dead the First time she > was "A Slayer", but no longer "THE Slayer". When she died the second > time there was no replacement was called because Buffy wasn't The > Slayer when she died that time, Faith was. The show has never made any distinction between Slayers other than through language. Personally, I don't think the language means much, but if it means anything, it's the exact opposite of what you are saying. Buffy has consistently been referred to as THE Slayer. Or my favorite, "Slayer comma The". It's how the good guys refer to her; it's how the bad guys refer to her. Faith is consistently been referred to as A Slayer. > The TRUE Slayer has been Faith since she first showed up. I think > this is just coming out in the story now with Faith taking control > during the final battle and all. This may be true, but nothing on the show has ever inditated this. Maybe the next episodes will.

2003-05-01 15:01:55+00:00 - Re: So...Who is the REAL Slayer? (season 7 spoiler) - (ultraviolet417@aol.com)

2003-05-01 15:31:19-04:00 - Re: So...Who is the REAL Slayer? (season 7 spoiler) - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"Smaug69" <smaug86@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:5fe774aa.0305011048.3dbe13e7@posting.google.com... > BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:<BTR1702-D470D5.06573301052003@nntp.ix.netcom.com>... > > In article <oqi1bvc8j16arsjbjrqvhrueuafpjvhqlo@4ax.com>, Stitch > > <olstitch@email.com> wrote: > > > > > This just fell into place for me watching Empty Places, so maybe it's > > > totally wrong, I almost hope it is.... > > > > > . > > > Buffy's death at the end of Season One spawned Kendra, the next Slayer > > > in the line. When Kendra died, Faith was called. That is the Slayer > > > line, right? > > > > > > When Buffy died again at the end of Season 5 no new Slayer was called. > > > > Not necessarily. > > > > > Why? Because when Buffy came back from the dead the First time she > > > was "A Slayer", but no longer "THE Slayer". > > > > As far as the show is concerned, there's no such thing as "the" Slayer. > > Buffy is a Slayer. Faith is a Slayer. No evidence has been presented to > > show any difference between the two. > > > > > When she died the second > > > time there was no replacement was called because Buffy wasn't The > > > Slayer when she died that time, Faith was. > > > > Not necessarily. > > > > Everyone, including the bad guys who are right in the middle of this and > > would presumably know the mystic involved, consider Buffy as much a > > Slayer as anyone. In fact, Caleb thinks she's "more" of a Slayer than > > Faith and the Mayor had every reason to think that both Faith and Buffy > > would call replacements if killed. > > > > From "Dirty Girls" > > > > CALEB > > Now if I'm not mistaken, there's a car a little ways behind us and I do > > believe there's some folk in it going the same place you are. Now I want > > you to deliver a message for me but it's not for them. It's for the > > other one. The one and only, the original, accept-no-substitutes Slayer. > > Would you tell her something for me? > > Plus, didn't Faith say something about Buffy being the true Slayer in Empty Places? I pretty much took that as saying that Buffy "earned" the position as Faith hasn't been much of a Slayer in the past four years. Arnold Kim

2003-05-01 18:21:30-04:00 - Re: So...Who is the REAL Slayer? (season 7 spoiler) - (BKM <trashbin@thebottomofthestairs.com>)

"Stitch" <olstitch@email.com> wrote in message news:oqi1bvc8j16arsjbjrqvhrueuafpjvhqlo@4ax.com... > This just fell into place for me watching Empty Places, so maybe it's > totally wrong, I almost hope it is.... > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > Buffy's death at the end of Season One spawned Kendra, the next Slayer > in the line. When Kendra died, Faith was called. That is the Slayer > line, right? > > When Buffy died again at the end of Season 5 no new Slayer was called. > Why? Because when Buffy came back from the dead the First time she > was "A Slayer", but no longer "THE Slayer". When she died the second > time there was no replacement was called because Buffy wasn't The > Slayer when she died that time, Faith was. > > The TRUE Slayer has been Faith since she first showed up. I think > this is just coming out in the story now with Faith taking control > during the final battle and all. > > This explains a LOT actually. I love Buffy as much as the next > person, but looking all the way back to Season 2 Buffy has engaged in > a lot of UN-slayer like behavior; vamp lovers, etc. She has saved the > World with her powers, but she has almost destroyed it a few times as > well. This also might explain why Faith has been so screwed up over > the years. Faith has been the True Slayer, but everyone including the > Watcher Council, Giles, Buffy and even Faith herself have believed > Buffy was the true Slayer. > > Which could also end up being Caleb and The First's undoing, > especially since they too seem to believe Buffy is the true slayer. > Maybe they will be stalking Buffy while the True Slayer (Faith) gets > her chance to blind-side those bad boys. > > Or...maybe this ain't right at all! haha.. Well, we don't know if one is "The Slayer" and the other is "a slayer" or if they're both equals. I have the feeling that we'll find out soon. The inscription on the wall said, "It is not for thee. It is for her alone to wield." The "her" would mostly likely refer to "The Slayer". If both Buffy and Faith can wield "it", then they're equals. If only one can, then she would be "The Slayer". It would be a good way to end the series. Buffy is unable to wield "it" and Faith uses "it" to kill the First. When the fighting is over they realize Faith is "The Slayer" and Buffy can retire from the slaying game and try to lead a normal life.

2003-05-02 01:53:22+00:00 - Re: So...Who is the REAL Slayer? (season 7 spoiler) - (Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid>)

Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, trashbin@thebottomofthestairs.com wrote in article <_MmdnZVEFL24AiyjXTWcoQ@comcast.com>... > > "Stitch" <olstitch@email.com> wrote in message > news:oqi1bvc8j16arsjbjrqvhrueuafpjvhqlo@4ax.com... > > This just fell into place for me watching Empty Places, so maybe it's > > totally wrong, I almost hope it is.... > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > . > > Buffy's death at the end of Season One spawned Kendra, the next Slayer > > in the line. When Kendra died, Faith was called. That is the Slayer > > line, right? > > > > When Buffy died again at the end of Season 5 no new Slayer was called. > > Why? Because when Buffy came back from the dead the First time she > > was "A Slayer", but no longer "THE Slayer". When she died the second > > time there was no replacement was called because Buffy wasn't The > > Slayer when she died that time, Faith was. > > > > The TRUE Slayer has been Faith since she first showed up. I think > > this is just coming out in the story now with Faith taking control > > during the final battle and all. > > > > This explains a LOT actually. I love Buffy as much as the next > > person, but looking all the way back to Season 2 Buffy has engaged in > > a lot of UN-slayer like behavior; vamp lovers, etc. She has saved the > > World with her powers, but she has almost destroyed it a few times as > > well. This also might explain why Faith has been so screwed up over > > the years. Faith has been the True Slayer, but everyone including the > > Watcher Council, Giles, Buffy and even Faith herself have believed > > Buffy was the true Slayer. > > > > Which could also end up being Caleb and The First's undoing, > > especially since they too seem to believe Buffy is the true slayer. > > Maybe they will be stalking Buffy while the True Slayer (Faith) gets > > her chance to blind-side those bad boys. > > > > Or...maybe this ain't right at all! haha.. > > Well, we don't know if one is "The Slayer" and the other is "a slayer" or if > they're both equals. I have the feeling that we'll find out soon. The > inscription on the wall said, "It is not for thee. It is for her alone to > wield." The "her" would mostly likely refer to "The Slayer". If both Buffy > and Faith can wield "it", then they're equals. If only one can, then she > would be "The Slayer". It would be a good way to end the series. Buffy is > unable to wield "it" and Faith uses "it" to kill the First. When the > fighting is over they realize Faith is "The Slayer" and Buffy can retire > from the slaying game and try to lead a normal life. > > > A reasonable scenario, but I take exception to any Slayer killing the First Evil. How do you destroy the basis of evil in the world? I do not believe it can be done. It would be good if it could be done, but I do not think it is possible. My speculation is that this McGuffin to which the mission inscription refers will be used to destroy Caleb, the First Evil's prime minister. -- Be seeing you, Growltiger

2003-05-02 07:36:13-04:00 - Re: So...Who is the REAL Slayer? (season 7 spoiler) - (Jonathan Brazell <jdbrazell@nospam.mindspring.com>)

Perhaps leading into "Faith the Vampire Slayer" spinoff series... On Thu, 1 May 2003 18:21:30 -0400, "BKM" <trashbin@thebottomofthestairs.com> wrote: >Well, we don't know if one is "The Slayer" and the other is "a slayer" or if >they're both equals. I have the feeling that we'll find out soon. The >inscription on the wall said, "It is not for thee. It is for her alone to >wield." The "her" would mostly likely refer to "The Slayer". If both Buffy >and Faith can wield "it", then they're equals. If only one can, then she >would be "The Slayer". It would be a good way to end the series. Buffy is >unable to wield "it" and Faith uses "it" to kill the First. When the >fighting is over they realize Faith is "The Slayer" and Buffy can retire >from the slaying game and try to lead a normal life.

2003-05-02 11:35:45+00:00 - Re: So...Who is the REAL Slayer? (season 7 spoiler) - (3D Master <3d.master@chello.nl>)

BTR1701 wrote: > In article <oqi1bvc8j16arsjbjrqvhrueuafpjvhqlo@4ax.com>, Stitch > <olstitch@email.com> wrote: > > >>This just fell into place for me watching Empty Places, so maybe it's >>totally wrong, I almost hope it is.... > > >>. >>Buffy's death at the end of Season One spawned Kendra, the next Slayer >>in the line. When Kendra died, Faith was called. That is the Slayer >>line, right? >> >>When Buffy died again at the end of Season 5 no new Slayer was called. > > > Not necessarily. > > >>Why? Because when Buffy came back from the dead the First time she >>was "A Slayer", but no longer "THE Slayer". > > > As far as the show is concerned, there's no such thing as "the" Slayer. > Buffy is a Slayer. Faith is a Slayer. No evidence has been presented to > show any difference between the two. > > >>When she died the second >>time there was no replacement was called because Buffy wasn't The >>Slayer when she died that time, Faith was. > > > Not necessarily. > > Everyone, including the bad guys who are right in the middle of this and > would presumably know the mystic involved, consider Buffy as much a > Slayer as anyone. In fact, Caleb thinks she's "more" of a Slayer than > Faith and the Mayor had every reason to think that both Faith and Buffy > would call replacements if killed. > > From "Dirty Girls" > > CALEB > Now if I'm not mistaken, there's a car a little ways behind us and I do > believe there's some folk in it going the same place you are. Now I want > you to deliver a message for me but it's not for them. It's for the > other one. The one and only, the original, accept-no-substitutes Slayer. > Would you tell her something for me? Yeah, but Caleb has been manipulated by the FE. I wouldn't be surprised if the message is actually more for Faith, from FE, a mocking: 'Ha, ha, your the true slayer, and your refuse to accept it.' Buffy has been dead and burried and brought back to life by magic. I don't see how she can be the one and only true slayer. While she was in her grave, what was she then? Slayer-zombie? 3D Master -- ~~~~~ "I've got something to say; it's better to burn out than to fade away!" - The Kurgan, Highlander "Give me some sugar, baby!" - Ashley J. 'Ash' Williams, Army of Darkness ~~~~~ Author of several stories, which can be found here: http://members.chello.nl/~jg.temolder1/