FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-13 05:07:23+00:00 - I Buffy a presence at conventions? - (James Craine <JamesCraine@Hotmail.com>)

I haven't been to a SF or Comic convention since before Buffy. I'm curious. Are there Buffy panel discussions? Do people sell stills from the show? Do people attempt to dress up as the characters in a costume contest? Or anything else related? Thanks.

2003-01-13 11:05:01+00:00 - Re: I Buffy a presence at conventions? - (quester@infi.net)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 05:07:23 GMT, James Craine <JamesCraine@Hotmail.com> wrote: >I haven't been to a SF or Comic convention since before Buffy. I'm >curious. Are there Buffy panel discussions? Yes. For example, from ConJose (the 2002 WorldCon in San Jose): Directly Buffy/Angel 35: The Mythology of Buffy, Th. 4 PM 80: Film: BtVS Hugo Nominee ONCE MORE WITH FEELING Th 11 PM 97: Buffy/Spike: Consensual Sexual Violence. Is it ever OK? F 10 AM 364: The Buffy Season Pattern Sa 4 PM 382: TV's Horror of Horror Sa 5:30 PM 539: The Dead Lesbian Myth - Buffy and the Death of Tara Su 5:30 PM 604: Breaking Ground in Buffy M 1 PM 609: Buffy's Cast of Thousands M 2:30 PM Relevant to Buffy/Angel (and vice versa): 36: Minor Characters Who Stole The Stage Th 4 PM 45: How Do You Know When You're Dead? Th 4 PM 167: Principles of Stage Combat Worshop F 2:30 PM 243: Why Does SF Erotica Tend Toward the Dark Side? F 9:30 PM 257: The Art of Writing Fight Scenes F 10 AM 279: MiB: Why Can't More SF/F Films Be Funny? Sa 11:30 AM 280: Vampires, Mummies and the Holy Ghost Sa 11:30 AM 425: Myth as a Source for Fiction Su 10 AM 442: Torturing Your Characters Su 11:30 AM 487: Getting a TV Series off the Ground Su 2:30 PM >Do people sell stills from the show? Yes - and a lot more. >Do people attempt to dress up as the characters in a costume contest? Yes. >Or anything else related? Yes. Songs about the Buffyverse, for example, can be found at the Filksinging sessions. You wouldn't have to know them to request them - you could just ask "Could anybody sing a song dealing with BtVS?" and undoubtedly someone would oblige. Fanzines dealing with BtVS were almost certainly available (though this is not my area of expertise).

2003-01-13 12:22:10-05:00 - Re: I Buffy a presence at conventions? - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"James Craine" <JamesCraine@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3E20FF78.21089995@Hotmail.com... > I haven't been to a SF or Comic convention since before Buffy. I'm > curious. Are there Buffy panel discussions? Totally. Buffy cast and crew are frequent guests at major conventions like the San Diego Comic Con. > Do people sell stills from the show? Yes, and more. > Do people attempt to dress up as the characters in a costume contest? Yes. I know that people certainly attend in Vamp face makeup.