FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-22 17:52:21-06:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (-Andy- <acs@fcgnet.works.net>)

"Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> enlightened us with news:b0n98u$q36ld$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de on 22 Jan 2003: > Recently I was in a discussion elsewhere about this matter and > it keeps on haunting my mind. > > There seem to be two versions of OMWF, a short and a long one. Correct. The "long" one was broadcast once in the US (It ran over the allotted hour including commercials. All rebroadcasts since then in the US have been the shorter version. Effective usage of Google will find you several lists of the differences. > In the long version is there a solo by Anya where she sings > something like: "I'm going to be his Missis" about Xander > Harris. Doesn't she sing twice in OMWF ? The bit about 'the bunnies' and a duet with Xander (she might say the word "Missus" then.) > This same scene is repeated I think in 'Selfless'. No.... as mentioned by others... it's a flashback to a scene that wasn't in OMWF. > Was it a flashback scene or an original? ??? Not all flashback scenes are repeats. It was a flashback to a previous event but it was an original scene for that episode. HTH. -Andy-

2003-01-22 23:37:21+00:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (anon <gachupin@interlap.com.ar>)

"I'm going to be his Missis" song is only part of Selfless (was recorded for that episode) it was never made for OMWF "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> escribi��� en el mensaje news:b0n98u$q36ld$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > Recently I was in a discussion elsewhere about this matter and it keeps on > haunting my mind. > > There seem to be two versions of OMWF, a short and a long one. > > In the long version is there a solo by Anya where she sings something like: > "I'm going to be his Missis" about Xander Harris. > This same scene is repeated I think in 'Selfless'. > > Or am I imagining things here? > > Is that Anya song only part of 'Selfless', an episode I haven't seen yet, > but may have read about, or seen a trailer for. > > Was it a flashback scene or an original? > > -- > Wouter Valentijn > > > www.ZeppoDunsel.nl > > > Delete NOT in e-mail address > >

2003-01-22 23:51:31+00:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Dreggs <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap>)

"Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message news:b0nak3$r75n0$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > "anon" <gachupin@interlap.com.ar> schreef in bericht > news:RWFX9.3199$md.281401@news.ono.com... > > "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> escribi��� en el mensaje > > news:b0n98u$q36ld$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > > Recently I was in a discussion elsewhere about this matter and it keeps > on > > > haunting my mind. > > > > > > There seem to be two versions of OMWF, a short and a long one. > > > > > > In the long version is there a solo by Anya where she sings something > > like: > > > "I'm going to be his Missis" about Xander Harris. > > > This same scene is repeated I think in 'Selfless'. > > > > > > Or am I imagining things here? > > > > > > Is that Anya song only part of 'Selfless', an episode I haven't seen > yet, > > > but may have read about, or seen a trailer for. > > > > > > Was it a flashback scene or an original? > > > > > > -- > > > Wouter Valentijn > > > > > > > > > www.ZeppoDunsel.nl > > > > > > > > > Delete NOT in e-mail address > > > > > > > > > > "I'm going to be his Missis" song is only part of Selfless (was recorded > for > > that episode) it was never made for OMWF > > > > > Damn, I'm loosing my mind I think... > I could have read the text and completely imagined having seen the scene. It > could have been that I have read the thing around the time I first saw OMWF. > Could I have seen a trailer or a clip with that scene? > It was shown in atleast one of the "previously on Buffy" show starters.

2003-01-23 00:13:51+00:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

"anon" <gachupin@interlap.com.ar> wrote in message news:RWFX9.3199$md.281401@news.ono.com... > "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> escribi��� en el mensaje > news:b0n98u$q36ld$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > Recently I was in a discussion elsewhere about this matter and it keeps on > > haunting my mind. > > > > There seem to be two versions of OMWF, a short and a long one. > > > > In the long version is there a solo by Anya where she sings something > like: > > "I'm going to be his Missis" about Xander Harris. > > This same scene is repeated I think in 'Selfless'. > > > > Or am I imagining things here? > > > > Is that Anya song only part of 'Selfless', an episode I haven't seen yet, > > but may have read about, or seen a trailer for. > > > > Was it a flashback scene or an original? > > > "I'm going to be his Missis" song is only part of Selfless (was recorded for > that episode) it was never made for OMWF > But who wrote the words and music for it? John Briggs

2003-01-23 00:24:00+01:00 - Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Wouter Valentijn <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>)

2003-01-23 00:47:01+01:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Wouter Valentijn <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>)

"anon" <gachupin@interlap.com.ar> schreef in bericht news:RWFX9.3199$md.281401@news.ono.com... > "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> escribi��� en el mensaje > news:b0n98u$q36ld$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > Recently I was in a discussion elsewhere about this matter and it keeps on > > haunting my mind. > > > > There seem to be two versions of OMWF, a short and a long one. > > > > In the long version is there a solo by Anya where she sings something > like: > > "I'm going to be his Missis" about Xander Harris. > > This same scene is repeated I think in 'Selfless'. > > > > Or am I imagining things here? > > > > Is that Anya song only part of 'Selfless', an episode I haven't seen yet, > > but may have read about, or seen a trailer for. > > > > Was it a flashback scene or an original? > > > > -- > > Wouter Valentijn > > > > > > www.ZeppoDunsel.nl > > > > > > Delete NOT in e-mail address > > > > > > "I'm going to be his Missis" song is only part of Selfless (was recorded for > that episode) it was never made for OMWF > Damn, I'm loosing my mind I think... I could have read the text and completely imagined having seen the scene. It could have been that I have read the thing around the time I first saw OMWF. Could I have seen a trailer or a clip with that scene? -- Wouter Valentijn www.ZeppoDunsel.nl Delete NOT in e-mail address

2003-01-23 00:49:32+00:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (CC Zona <cczona@nospam.invalid>)

In article <4tGX9.970$6U3.6536@newsfep4-gui.server.ntli.net>, "John Briggs" <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com> wrote: > > "I'm going to be his Missis" song is only part of Selfless (was recorded > for > > that episode) it was never made for OMWF > > > > But who wrote the words and music for it? As with OMWF, it's all from the fertile mind of Joss Whedon. The writer of Selfless has been quoted as saying that Joss mentioned in passing the idea of writing a new song for the episode, then showing up the next day with completed song in hand. I wish I could remember (or find) the exact wording of his next comment, but it was something like "I swear you could jump start a car battery if you hooked it up to Joss's brain.") -- CC "All I'm saying is soulles Spike would have had me upside down and halfway to happyland by now..." - Anya Dawn: "I feel safe with you..." Spike: "TAKE THAT BACK!"

2003-01-23 06:41:05+00:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Jake <grrr@arrgh.com>)

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:49:32 GMT, CC Zona <cczona@nospam.invalid> wrote: >In article <4tGX9.970$6U3.6536@newsfep4-gui.server.ntli.net>, > "John Briggs" <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com> wrote: > >> > "I'm going to be his Missis" song is only part of Selfless (was recorded >> for >> > that episode) it was never made for OMWF >> > >> >> But who wrote the words and music for it? > >As with OMWF, it's all from the fertile mind of Joss Whedon. The writer of >Selfless has been quoted as saying that Joss mentioned in passing the idea >of writing a new song for the episode, then showing up the next day with >completed song in hand. I wish I could remember (or find) the exact >wording of his next comment, but it was something like "I swear you could >jump start a car battery if you hooked it up to Joss's brain.") Here ya go (courtesy of Drewgoddard.com): Drew Goddard says: (Wed Oct 23 06:42:29 2002) [Edit/Delete] Hello all-- can�t stay and talk. We�re all busy at work here at the Mutant Enemy offices trying to serve your entertainment needs. I�ll be in to chat in a few days just as soon as things die down. I just wanted to drop by and say thank you for all your kind words, you have no idea how much they mean to me. This is one of the best days of my life and you guys are a big part of that. P.S. Joss wrote the song (it�s called "Mrs.") I can�t take any credit for it whatsoever. We were on the set of Firefly when he was directing "The Train Job" and we were talking and he said something like, "What if we flash back to the musical?" And then the very next morning he walked in and said, "I�ve got the song." Sometimes I think you can start car batteries with his brain. Be back in a few days. Minions, I love you all.

2003-01-23 09:30:26+00:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

"Jake" <grrr@arrgh.com> wrote in message news:bg3v2vkbkvsrq0ti14d4tqhnhqd8c1h7a2@4ax.com... > On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:49:32 GMT, CC Zona <cczona@nospam.invalid> > wrote: > > >In article <4tGX9.970$6U3.6536@newsfep4-gui.server.ntli.net>, > > "John Briggs" <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com> wrote: > > > >> > "I'm going to be his Missis" song is only part of Selfless (was recorded > >> for > >> > that episode) it was never made for OMWF > >> > > >> > >> But who wrote the words and music for it? > > > >As with OMWF, it's all from the fertile mind of Joss Whedon. The writer of > >Selfless has been quoted as saying that Joss mentioned in passing the idea > >of writing a new song for the episode, then showing up the next day with > >completed song in hand. I wish I could remember (or find) the exact > >wording of his next comment, but it was something like "I swear you could > >jump start a car battery if you hooked it up to Joss's brain.") > > Here ya go (courtesy of Drewgoddard.com): > > Drew Goddard says: > (Wed Oct 23 06:42:29 2002) [Edit/Delete] > > > Hello all-- can't stay and talk. We're all busy at work here at the > Mutant Enemy offices trying to serve your entertainment needs. I'll be > in to chat in a few days just as soon as things die down. I just > wanted to drop by and say thank you for all your kind words, you have > no idea how much they mean to me. This is one of the best days of my > life and you guys are a big part of that. > > P.S. Joss wrote the song (it's called "Mrs.") I can't take any credit > for it whatsoever. We were on the set of Firefly when he was directing > "The Train Job" and we were talking and he said something like, "What > if we flash back to the musical?" > > And then the very next morning he walked in and said, "I've got the > song." > > Sometimes I think you can start car batteries with his brain. > > Be back in a few days. Minions, I love you all. > There is a school of thought that history would have been somewhat different if he had put more effort into "The Train Job"! John Briggs

[...]

2003-01-23 10:04:47-05:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Dawn <avs@qis.net>)

Wouter Valentijn wrote: > > Recently I was in a discussion elsewhere about this matter and it keeps on > haunting my mind. > > There seem to be two versions of OMWF, a short and a long one. > > In the long version is there a solo by Anya where she sings something like: > "I'm going to be his Missis" about Xander Harris. > This same scene is repeated I think in 'Selfless'. > > Or am I imagining things here? > > Is that Anya song only part of 'Selfless', an episode I haven't seen yet, > but may have read about, or seen a trailer for. > > Was it a flashback scene or an original? "Missus" was only part of 'Selfless' not OMWF. There was a long [originally aired and longer than 1 hour] version of OMWF and the abridged [rerun and syndicated allowing for more commercials without going over] version of OMWF. The main differences? The abridged cuts off the song I've Got a Theory/Bunnies/What Can't We Face. I can't remember if it was just Theory/Bunnies or just Theory in the abridged but What Can't We Face wasn't in it. Likewise, Walk Through the Fire had part of it snipped out in the abridged version - specifically the verse of the song that had Tara reprising What Can't We Face... There may have been more snips, but these were the ones I remember most vividly, as What Can't We Face is possibly my favorite song in the musical and the reprise during Walk Through the Fire, my favorite part of that song. Thus, when we watched the rerun of OMWF, I was VERY pissed off!! Fortunately, I now own the CD and can sing along to my heart's content! =) Dawn

2003-01-24 19:57:19+01:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Wouter Valentijn <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>)

"Dreggs" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap> schreef in bericht news:78GX9.4416$hy.1659@nwrddc04.gnilink.net... > > "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message > news:b0nak3$r75n0$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > > > "anon" <gachupin@interlap.com.ar> schreef in bericht > > news:RWFX9.3199$md.281401@news.ono.com... > > > "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> escribi��� en el > mensaje > > > news:b0n98u$q36ld$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > > > Recently I was in a discussion elsewhere about this matter and it > keeps > > on > > > > haunting my mind. > > > > > > > > There seem to be two versions of OMWF, a short and a long one. > > > > > > > > In the long version is there a solo by Anya where she sings something > > > like: > > > > "I'm going to be his Missis" about Xander Harris. > > > > This same scene is repeated I think in 'Selfless'. > > > > > > > > Or am I imagining things here? > > > > > > > > Is that Anya song only part of 'Selfless', an episode I haven't seen > > yet, > > > > but may have read about, or seen a trailer for. > > > > > > > > Was it a flashback scene or an original? > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Wouter Valentijn > > > > > > > > > > > > www.ZeppoDunsel.nl > > > > > > > > > > > > Delete NOT in e-mail address > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I'm going to be his Missis" song is only part of Selfless (was recorded > > for > > > that episode) it was never made for OMWF > > > > > > > > > Damn, I'm loosing my mind I think... > > I could have read the text and completely imagined having seen the scene. > It > > could have been that I have read the thing around the time I first saw > OMWF. > > Could I have seen a trailer or a clip with that scene? > > > It was shown in atleast one of the "previously on Buffy" show starters. Season 7 hasn't arrived here yet..... -- Wouter Valentijn www.ZeppoDunsel.nl Delete NOT in e-mail address > >

2003-01-24 20:06:04+01:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Wouter Valentijn <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>)

"-Andy-" <acs@fcgnet.works.net> schreef in bericht news:Xns930BBF8FF552Cacsfcgnetworksnet@216.166.71.232... > "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> enlightened us > with news:b0n98u$q36ld$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de on 22 Jan 2003: > > > Recently I was in a discussion elsewhere about this matter and > > it keeps on haunting my mind. > > > > There seem to be two versions of OMWF, a short and a long one. > > Correct. The "long" one was broadcast once in the US (It ran over > the allotted hour including commercials. All rebroadcasts since > then in the US have been the shorter version. > > Effective usage of Google will find you several lists of the > differences. > > > In the long version is there a solo by Anya where she sings > > something like: "I'm going to be his Missis" about Xander > > Harris. > > Doesn't she sing twice in OMWF ? The bit about 'the bunnies' and > a duet with Xander (she might say the word "Missus" then.) > > > This same scene is repeated I think in 'Selfless'. > > No.... as mentioned by others... it's a flashback to a scene that > wasn't in OMWF. > > > Was it a flashback scene or an original? > > ??? Not all flashback scenes are repeats. It was a flashback to a > previous event but it was an original scene for that episode. > Thank you all for your comments. I have a theory... a. Either I indeed read the lyrics to 'Missis' somewhere, or heard the clip on an MP3, and mixed that up with my seeing the long version of OMWF. This is the false memory theory, the theory that is most likely the truth. b. I'm a visitor from a parallel universe in which OMWF was a bit longer, and did contain the 'Missis' song by Anya. A song which later on was repeated on 'Selfless'. This theory now seems less likely ;) > HTH. > > -Andy- -- Wouter Valentijn (has worked it out). www.ZeppoDunsel.nl Delete NOT in e-mail address

2003-01-24 21:37:29+00:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Dreggs <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap>)

"Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message news:b0s2te$s1hom$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > "-Andy-" <acs@fcgnet.works.net> schreef in bericht > news:Xns930BBF8FF552Cacsfcgnetworksnet@216.166.71.232... > > "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> enlightened us > > with news:b0n98u$q36ld$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de on 22 Jan 2003: > > > > > Recently I was in a discussion elsewhere about this matter and > > > it keeps on haunting my mind. > > > > > > There seem to be two versions of OMWF, a short and a long one. > > > > Correct. The "long" one was broadcast once in the US (It ran over > > the allotted hour including commercials. All rebroadcasts since > > then in the US have been the shorter version. > > > > Effective usage of Google will find you several lists of the > > differences. > > > > > In the long version is there a solo by Anya where she sings > > > something like: "I'm going to be his Missis" about Xander > > > Harris. > > > > Doesn't she sing twice in OMWF ? The bit about 'the bunnies' and > > a duet with Xander (she might say the word "Missus" then.) > > > > > This same scene is repeated I think in 'Selfless'. > > > > No.... as mentioned by others... it's a flashback to a scene that > > wasn't in OMWF. > > > > > Was it a flashback scene or an original? > > > > ??? Not all flashback scenes are repeats. It was a flashback to a > > previous event but it was an original scene for that episode. > > > > > Thank you all for your comments. > > I have a theory... > > > > a. Either I indeed read the lyrics to 'Missis' somewhere, or heard the clip > on an MP3, and mixed that up with my seeing the long version of OMWF. This > is the false memory theory, the theory that is most likely the truth. > > > > b. I'm a visitor from a parallel universe in which OMWF was a bit longer, > and did contain the 'Missis' song by Anya. A song which later on was > repeated on 'Selfless'. This theory now seems less likely ;) But which one do you *want* to be true?

2003-01-24 23:22:47+00:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (sillyman@famous.com)

2003-01-25 01:52:58+01:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Wouter Valentijn <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>)

"Dreggs" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap> schreef in bericht news:tmiY9.36$EI2.20@nwrddc03.gnilink.net... > > "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message > news:b0s2te$s1hom$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > > > "-Andy-" <acs@fcgnet.works.net> schreef in bericht > > news:Xns930BBF8FF552Cacsfcgnetworksnet@216.166.71.232... > > > "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> enlightened us > > > with news:b0n98u$q36ld$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de on 22 Jan 2003: > > > > > > > Recently I was in a discussion elsewhere about this matter and > > > > it keeps on haunting my mind. > > > > > > > > There seem to be two versions of OMWF, a short and a long one. > > > > > > Correct. The "long" one was broadcast once in the US (It ran over > > > the allotted hour including commercials. All rebroadcasts since > > > then in the US have been the shorter version. > > > > > > Effective usage of Google will find you several lists of the > > > differences. > > > > > > > In the long version is there a solo by Anya where she sings > > > > something like: "I'm going to be his Missis" about Xander > > > > Harris. > > > > > > Doesn't she sing twice in OMWF ? The bit about 'the bunnies' and > > > a duet with Xander (she might say the word "Missus" then.) > > > > > > > This same scene is repeated I think in 'Selfless'. > > > > > > No.... as mentioned by others... it's a flashback to a scene that > > > wasn't in OMWF. > > > > > > > Was it a flashback scene or an original? > > > > > > ??? Not all flashback scenes are repeats. It was a flashback to a > > > previous event but it was an original scene for that episode. > > > > > > > > > Thank you all for your comments. > > > > I have a theory... > > > > > > > > a. Either I indeed read the lyrics to 'Missis' somewhere, or heard the > clip > > on an MP3, and mixed that up with my seeing the long version of OMWF. This > > is the false memory theory, the theory that is most likely the truth. > > > > > > > > b. I'm a visitor from a parallel universe in which OMWF was a bit longer, > > and did contain the 'Missis' song by Anya. A song which later on was > > repeated on 'Selfless'. This theory now seems less likely ;) > > But which one do you *want* to be true? > b. of course! I hate false memories. -- Wouter Valentijn www.ZeppoDunsel.nl Delete NOT in e-mail address >

2003-01-25 01:53:47+01:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Wouter Valentijn <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>)

<sillyman@famous.com> schreef in bericht news:3e31c9e7.17743953@news.telus.net... > > >> > >> > >> > >> b. I'm a visitor from a parallel universe in which OMWF was a bit longer, > >> and did contain the 'Missis' song by Anya. A song which later on was > >> repeated on 'Selfless'. This theory now seems less likely ;) > > > > Is that the one without shrimp? Yes, I have absolutely no use for shrimp. -- Wouter Valentijn www.ZeppoDunsel.nl Delete NOT in e-mail address

2003-01-25 03:41:49+00:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Dreggs <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap>)

"Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message news:b0sn9c$t720m$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > <sillyman@famous.com> schreef in bericht > news:3e31c9e7.17743953@news.telus.net... > > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> b. I'm a visitor from a parallel universe in which OMWF was a bit > longer, > > >> and did contain the 'Missis' song by Anya. A song which later on was > > >> repeated on 'Selfless'. This theory now seems less likely ;) > > > > > > > Is that the one without shrimp? > > Yes, I have absolutely no use for shrimp. A world without shrimp? What would be the point of going on?

2003-01-25 05:55:11+00:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Philip Chien <nobody@nowhere.com>)

"-Andy-" <acs@fcgnet.works.net> wrote in news:Xns930BBF8FF552Cacsfcgnetworksnet@216.166.71.232: (about OMWF) > Correct. The "long" one was broadcast once in the US (It ran over > the allotted hour including commercials. All rebroadcasts since > then in the US have been the shorter version. Actually ... OMWF was broadcast in its longer version on UPN on November 6, 2001. It was then rebroadcast - uncut on November 9th on most of UPN stations. The cut version was broadcast in an hour which included a U.S. version of "Iron Chef" in the same month and in the repeat later in the season. So technically most areas have seen the cut version and full version twice.

2003-01-25 08:03:36-06:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (-Andy- <acs@fcgnet.works.net>)

Philip Chien <nobody@nowhere.com> enlightened us with news:Xns930E95F5AB90nobodynowherecom@127.0.0.1 on 25 Jan 2003: > "-Andy-" <acs@fcgnet.works.net> wrote in > news:Xns930BBF8FF552Cacsfcgnetworksnet@216.166.71.232: > > (about OMWF) > >> Correct. The "long" one was broadcast once in the US (It ran >> over the allotted hour including commercials. All rebroadcasts >> since then in the US have been the shorter version. > > Actually ... > > OMWF was broadcast in its longer version on UPN on November 6, > 2001. It was then rebroadcast - uncut on November 9th on most > of UPN stations. Really ? I thought the Nov. 9th repeat in the US was the cut version. It certainly was on the Boston UPN station I watch :-(. -Andy- --

2003-01-25 12:54:10-07:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com>)

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 05:55:11 GMT, Philip Chien <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote: >"-Andy-" <acs@fcgnet.works.net> wrote in >news:Xns930BBF8FF552Cacsfcgnetworksnet@216.166.71.232: > >(about OMWF) > >> Correct. The "long" one was broadcast once in the US (It ran over >> the allotted hour including commercials. All rebroadcasts since >> then in the US have been the shorter version. > >Actually ... > >OMWF was broadcast in its longer version on UPN on November 6, 2001. It >was then rebroadcast - uncut on November 9th on most of UPN stations. > >The cut version was broadcast in an hour which included a U.S. version of >"Iron Chef" in the same month and in the repeat later in the season. > >So technically most areas have seen the cut version and full version twice. You're misremembering. OMWF was originally broadcast on UPN on Nov 6, 2001 (running time 50 minutes, broadcast time 68 minutes). It was repeated on Friday Nov 16, 2001 (running time 42 minutes, broadcast time 60 minutes) [followed indeed by Iron Chef], and repeated a second time on July 2, 2002 (the 42/60 minute version). Since it hasn't been released to FX like the rest of season 6, UPN seems to be retaining its right to a third repeat. UPN ran the movie Batman Forever on Friday Nov 9, 2001 (it got a 2.0 rating). For Buffy's ratings and broadcast dates, see http://home.insightbb.com/~wahoskem/ For the UPN (and WB) ratings for the two weeks, google on the messages 11/05-11/11/2001 <qhl6vtcnueaqgkn6qsb094fb6g3u9m7qpb@4ax.com> 11/12-11/18/2001 <jroovt86q81mlf8rg8h6hjrge7vmf0jcue@4ax.com> -- DAWN: ... and my sister is a vampire slayer, her best friend is a witch who went bonkers and tried to destroy the world, um, I actually used to be a little ball of energy until about two years ago when some monks changed the past and made me Buffy's sister and for some reason, a big klepto. My best friends are Leticia Jones, who moved to San Diego because this town is evil, and a floppy eared demon named Clem. (deleted scene from the shooting script of BtVS:Lessons)

2003-01-25 18:39:11-05:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Ebie <sybil5000@yahoo.com>)

Thus spake "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>: > >"Dreggs" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap> schreef in bericht >news:1InY9.74$Ec.72@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... >> >> "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message >> news:b0sn9c$t720m$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... >> > >> > <sillyman@famous.com> schreef in bericht >> > news:3e31c9e7.17743953@news.telus.net... >> > > >> > > >> >> > > >> >> > > >> >> > > >> b. I'm a visitor from a parallel universe in which OMWF was a bit >> > longer, >> > > >> and did contain the 'Missis' song by Anya. A song which later on >was >> > > >> repeated on 'Selfless'. This theory now seems less likely ;) >> > > > >> > > >> > > Is that the one without shrimp? >> > >> > Yes, I have absolutely no use for shrimp. >> >> A world without shrimp? What would be the point of going on? > >You have your universe, I have mine!! World without shrimp would be a poorer universe, IMO, but liveable. What I dread is the World Without Coffee. -- Willow: "If we want to make ferns invisible, or communicate with shrimp, I've got the goods right here." Oz: "Our lives are different than other people's."

2003-01-25 20:29:24+01:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Wouter Valentijn <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>)

"Dreggs" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap> schreef in bericht news:1InY9.74$Ec.72@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message > news:b0sn9c$t720m$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > > > <sillyman@famous.com> schreef in bericht > > news:3e31c9e7.17743953@news.telus.net... > > > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> b. I'm a visitor from a parallel universe in which OMWF was a bit > > longer, > > > >> and did contain the 'Missis' song by Anya. A song which later on was > > > >> repeated on 'Selfless'. This theory now seems less likely ;) > > > > > > > > > > Is that the one without shrimp? > > > > Yes, I have absolutely no use for shrimp. > > A world without shrimp? What would be the point of going on? You have your universe, I have mine!! -- Wouter Valentijn www.ZeppoDunsel.nl Delete NOT in e-mail address > >

2003-01-26 14:42:17-06:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - ("Rev. Cyohtee - O'k�home Ehohatse" <cyohtee@barbarian.org>)

Out of the ether Ebie <sybil5000@yahoo.com> rose up and issued forth: >Thus spake "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>: > >> >>"Dreggs" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap> schreef in bericht >>news:1InY9.74$Ec.72@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... >>> >>> "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message >>> news:b0sn9c$t720m$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... >>> > >>> > <sillyman@famous.com> schreef in bericht >>> > news:3e31c9e7.17743953@news.telus.net... >>> > > >>> > > >> >>> > > >> >>> > > >> >>> > > >> b. I'm a visitor from a parallel universe in which OMWF was a bit >>> > longer, >>> > > >> and did contain the 'Missis' song by Anya. A song which later on >>was >>> > > >> repeated on 'Selfless'. This theory now seems less likely ;) >>> > > > >>> > > >>> > > Is that the one without shrimp? >>> > >>> > Yes, I have absolutely no use for shrimp. >>> >>> A world without shrimp? What would be the point of going on? >> >>You have your universe, I have mine!! > >World without shrimp would be a poorer universe, IMO, but liveable. >What I dread is the World Without Coffee. I could stand a World Without Coffee so long as it wasn't a World Without Caffeine. -- Cyo cyohtee@ucan.foad.org http://www.barbarian.org/~cyohtee http://www.barbarian.org "All the fresh air in the world won't make a fucking difference." - Trainspotting

2003-01-26 19:13:21+00:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

"Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message news:b11bhr$ufbt4$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > "Ebie" <sybil5000@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht > news:5v763vont5q1s23i5klvnslq9u7fikt7i0@4ax.com... > > Thus spake "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>: > > > > > > > >"Dreggs" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap> schreef in > bericht > > >news:1InY9.74$Ec.72@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > >> > > >> "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message > > >> news:b0sn9c$t720m$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > >> > > > >> > <sillyman@famous.com> schreef in bericht > > >> > news:3e31c9e7.17743953@news.telus.net... > > >> > > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> b. I'm a visitor from a parallel universe in which OMWF was a > bit > > >> > longer, > > >> > > >> and did contain the 'Missis' song by Anya. A song which later on > > >was > > >> > > >> repeated on 'Selfless'. This theory now seems less likely ;) > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > Is that the one without shrimp? > > >> > > > >> > Yes, I have absolutely no use for shrimp. > > >> > > >> A world without shrimp? What would be the point of going on? > > > > > >You have your universe, I have mine!! > > > > World without shrimp would be a poorer universe, IMO, but liveable. > > What I dread is the World Without Coffee. > > No problem for me. > I'm a tea man. > What if you wish to be tense? John Briggs

2003-01-26 20:04:09+01:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Wouter Valentijn <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>)

"Ebie" <sybil5000@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:5v763vont5q1s23i5klvnslq9u7fikt7i0@4ax.com... > Thus spake "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>: > > > > >"Dreggs" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap> schreef in bericht > >news:1InY9.74$Ec.72@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > >> > >> "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message > >> news:b0sn9c$t720m$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > >> > > >> > <sillyman@famous.com> schreef in bericht > >> > news:3e31c9e7.17743953@news.telus.net... > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > > >> > >> > > >> > >> > > >> b. I'm a visitor from a parallel universe in which OMWF was a bit > >> > longer, > >> > > >> and did contain the 'Missis' song by Anya. A song which later on > >was > >> > > >> repeated on 'Selfless'. This theory now seems less likely ;) > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > Is that the one without shrimp? > >> > > >> > Yes, I have absolutely no use for shrimp. > >> > >> A world without shrimp? What would be the point of going on? > > > >You have your universe, I have mine!! > > World without shrimp would be a poorer universe, IMO, but liveable. > What I dread is the World Without Coffee. No problem for me. I'm a tea man. > > > > > > > > -- > Willow: "If we want to make ferns invisible, or communicate > with shrimp, I've got the goods right here." > Oz: "Our lives are different than other people's." -- Wouter Valentijn www.ZeppoDunsel.nl Delete NOT in e-mail address

2003-01-26 20:54:04+00:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (sillyman@famous.com)

2003-01-26 23:51:38+00:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Dreggs <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap>)

"Rev. Cyohtee - O'k���home Ehohatse" <cyohtee@barbarian.org> wrote in message news:vvh83vkv7kna6ar58o4l9jrjl14c6ruu8d@4ax.com... > Out of the ether Ebie <sybil5000@yahoo.com> rose up and issued forth: > > >Thus spake "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>: > > > >> > >>"Dreggs" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap> schreef in bericht > >>news:1InY9.74$Ec.72@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > >>> > >>> "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message > >>> news:b0sn9c$t720m$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > >>> > > >>> > <sillyman@famous.com> schreef in bericht > >>> > news:3e31c9e7.17743953@news.telus.net... > >>> > > > >>> > > >> > >>> > > >> > >>> > > >> > >>> > > >> b. I'm a visitor from a parallel universe in which OMWF was a bit > >>> > longer, > >>> > > >> and did contain the 'Missis' song by Anya. A song which later on > >>was > >>> > > >> repeated on 'Selfless'. This theory now seems less likely ;) > >>> > > > > >>> > > > >>> > > Is that the one without shrimp? > >>> > > >>> > Yes, I have absolutely no use for shrimp. > >>> > >>> A world without shrimp? What would be the point of going on? > >> > >>You have your universe, I have mine!! > > > >World without shrimp would be a poorer universe, IMO, but liveable. > >What I dread is the World Without Coffee. > > I could stand a World Without Coffee so long as it wasn't a World > Without Caffeine. Amen. A world without Diet Pepsi? That sends shivers through me...

2003-01-27 19:33:49+01:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Wouter Valentijn <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>)

"John Briggs" <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht news:jrWY9.4514$RZ.43559@newsfep4-win.server.ntli.net... > > "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message > news:b11bhr$ufbt4$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > > > "Ebie" <sybil5000@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht > > news:5v763vont5q1s23i5klvnslq9u7fikt7i0@4ax.com... > > > Thus spake "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl>: > > > > > > > > > > >"Dreggs" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospamnorpersonalreplies.crap> schreef in > > bericht > > > >news:1InY9.74$Ec.72@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > > >> > > > >> "Wouter Valentijn" <Wouter.ValentijnNOT@12move.nl> wrote in message > > > >> news:b0sn9c$t720m$1@ID-43412.news.dfncis.de... > > > >> > > > > >> > <sillyman@famous.com> schreef in bericht > > > >> > news:3e31c9e7.17743953@news.telus.net... > > > >> > > > > > >> > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > >> > > >> > > > >> > > >> b. I'm a visitor from a parallel universe in which OMWF was a > > bit > > > >> > longer, > > > >> > > >> and did contain the 'Missis' song by Anya. A song which later > on > > > >was > > > >> > > >> repeated on 'Selfless'. This theory now seems less likely ;) > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > Is that the one without shrimp? > > > >> > > > > >> > Yes, I have absolutely no use for shrimp. > > > >> > > > >> A world without shrimp? What would be the point of going on? > > > > > > > >You have your universe, I have mine!! > > > > > > World without shrimp would be a poorer universe, IMO, but liveable. > > > What I dread is the World Without Coffee. > > > > No problem for me. > > I'm a tea man. > > > What if you wish to be tense? Again no problem for me. I was BORN tense. > > John Briggs > -- Wouter Valentijn www.ZeppoDunsel.nl Delete NOT in e-mail address >

2003-01-28 00:13:36-05:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (Bruce in Cleveland <bmorison@apk.net>)

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:51:21 GMT, Philip Chien <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote: >> On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 05:55:11 GMT, Philip Chien <nobody@nowhere.com> >> wrote: >> >>>"-Andy-" <acs@fcgnet.works.net> wrote in >>>news:Xns930BBF8FF552Cacsfcgnetworksnet@216.166.71.232: >>> >>>(about OMWF) >>> >>>> Correct. The "long" one was broadcast once in the US (It ran over >>>> the allotted hour including commercials. All rebroadcasts since >>>> then in the US have been the shorter version. >>> >>>Actually ... >>> >>>OMWF was broadcast in its longer version on UPN on November 6, 2001. >>>It was then rebroadcast - uncut on November 9th on most of UPN >>>stations. >>> >>>The cut version was broadcast in an hour which included a U.S. version >>>of "Iron Chef" in the same month and in the repeat later in the >>>season. >>> >>>So technically most areas have seen the cut version and full version >>>twice. > >William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com> wrote in >news:smp53vgft9g6s8u09ngnmc36ic276i0v0c@4ax.com: > >> You're misremembering. > >nope. But it may have been something unusual which was not nationwide. > >> OMWF was originally broadcast on UPN on Nov 6, 2001 (running time 50 >> minutes, broadcast time 68 minutes). > >In my area (Central Florida Orlando market) I am *absolutely* certain that >OMWF was aired uncut twice in the same week. On Tuesday November 6 at 8 pm >and either Friday or Saturday that week along with the same "Roswell" >episode which aired on November 6th. I don't know if this was the >exception, but Central Florida certainly saw the same episode twice. > >ISTR that I did not see a UPN satellite feed version of the repeat and that >was really strange, so it's *possible* UPN may have only licensed certain >stations to do the repeat. It was certainly a major exception, the only >other UPN series I've seen air the same episodes on weekends the same week >they're first aired are the "Star Trek" series and I know there's specific >contract provisions for those showings. I know the UPN affiliate in Cleveland has repeated both ST: Voyager and Enterprise on saturdays. But the only extra Buffy's we get are the Syndicated Episodes and of Course FX > > >> It was repeated on Friday Nov >> 16, 2001 (running time 42 minutes, broadcast time 60 minutes) >> [followed indeed by Iron Chef], and repeated a second time on July 2, >> 2002 (the 42/60 minute version). > >yes. > >> Since it hasn't been released to FX >> like the rest of season 6, UPN seems to be retaining its right to a >> third repeat. > >I'm kind of surprised we haven't already seen them along with the other >Season 6 held-back shows ("Normal Again", "Two to Go", and "Grave".) But >there's little doubt that UPN will show "OMWF" once more this year, almost >certainly the cut version. > >Philip Chien >(casually leaving out that I saw it a day and a half before the UPN airing >...)

2003-01-28 14:42:33-08:00 - Re: Scene from 'Once More With Feeling' - (busyba@yahoo.com)

"John Briggs" <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<BDOX9.1590$RZ.16973@newsfep4-win.server.ntli.net>... > > > There is a school of thought that history would have been somewhat different > if he had put more effort into "The Train Job"! Actually, history would have been somewhat different if Joss could have told the network morons who made him write "The Train Job" to go and sod off and just air the proper pilot instead.