FLM films - My Webpage

2003-03-09 10:42:33-08:00 - Buffy cartoon art director interview - (bookish_me@yahoo.com)

I was at SMGfan.com and they've posted an exclusive interview they did with Eric Wright the art diretor for Buffy animated. His drawings are great so it's a pity that the cartoon isn't going to air. I'm still wondering why. Maybe now that the show is ending they'd pursue this. Anyway, the interview is a good read.

2003-03-09 21:13:54+00:00 - Re: Buffy cartoon art director interview - ("James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>)

On 9 Mar 2003 10:42:33 -0800, bookish_me@yahoo.com (Readers_Digest) wrote: > I was at SMGfan.com and they've posted an exclusive interview they did > with Eric Wright the art diretor for Buffy animated. His drawings are > great so it's a pity that the cartoon isn't going to air. I'm still > wondering why. Maybe now that the show is ending they'd pursue this. > Anyway, the interview is a good read. I thought his artwork was not much good. The fanfic art "The erotic adventures of Buffy and Evil Vampire Willow" seemed to me much better drawn. In Wright's art Giles looked like a vampire, Buffy looked like no one in particular, no character, Xander looked considerably older than Buffy, though the image caught the early Xander character well

2003-03-10 04:14:16-08:00 - Re: Buffy cartoon art director interview - (bookish_me@yahoo.com)

"First Fallen" <nope@nope.com> wrote in message news:<glXaa.433200$Yo4.16404491@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>... > Am I the only person who CANNOT find this article to save his life??? The exact location is http://www.smgfan.com/ericwight.htm.

2003-03-10 07:42:04+00:00 - Re: Buffy cartoon art director interview - (First Fallen <nope@nope.com>)

2003-03-10 07:46:52-05:00 - Re: Buffy cartoon art director interview - (The Babaloughesian <me@privacy.net>)

"Readers_Digest" <bookish_me@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bb3ca135.0303100414.1633fdc4@posting.google.com... > "First Fallen" <nope@nope.com> wrote in message news:<glXaa.433200$Yo4.16404491@news1.calgary.shaw.ca>... > > > Am I the only person who CANNOT find this article to save his life??? > > The exact location is http://www.smgfan.com/ericwight.htm. I think his Buffy art's good. I don't know why he put her in that skirt, but overall, everything looks cool.

2003-03-10 12:30:14-05:00 - Re: Buffy cartoon art director interview - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com> wrote in message news:c49ac1ebefa69d4ec6c9b4883ecfede4@news.mybinaries.com... > On 9 Mar 2003 10:42:33 -0800, bookish_me@yahoo.com (Readers_Digest) > wrote: > > > I was at SMGfan.com and they've posted an exclusive interview they did > > with Eric Wright the art diretor for Buffy animated. His drawings are > > great so it's a pity that the cartoon isn't going to air. I'm still > > wondering why. Maybe now that the show is ending they'd pursue this. > > Anyway, the interview is a good read. > > I thought his artwork was not much good. The fanfic art "The erotic > adventures of Buffy and Evil Vampire Willow" seemed to me much better > drawn. In Wright's art Giles looked like a vampire, Buffy looked like > no one in particular, no character, Xander looked considerably older > than Buffy, though the image caught the early Xander character well I like the style overall. It looks like a cross between the art styles for "Batman: The Animated Series" and "Kim Possible," which is what a series like that should look like. Arnold Kim

2003-03-10 12:46:50-08:00 - Re: Buffy cartoon art director interview - (wallyrosenberg@hotmail.com)

bookish_me@yahoo.com (Readers_Digest) wrote in message news:<bb3ca135.0303090533.6b179fd3@posting.google.com>... > I was at SMGfan.com and they've posted an exclusive interview they did > with Eric Wright the art diretor for Buffy animated. His drawings are > great so it's a pity that the cartoon isn't going to air. I'm still > wondering why. Maybe now that the show is ending they'd pursue this. > Anyway, the interview is a good read. It's a tragedy this never got off the drawing board (literally.) High School-era stories, but with Dawn present. So are they narrative or memories, and if so, whose memories?

2003-03-10 19:05:12+00:00 - Re: Buffy cartoon art director interview - (First Fallen <nope@nope.com>)