FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-23 00:08:31-08:00 - "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (Paul Farrington <paul@eastshore.com>)

s p o i l e r s p a c e Boy, was ME jerking our chain, or what? I was spoiler free for this episode. When I saw Dawn pegged as a SIT, I thought, "Oh no. They're doing this to punish all of us for dissing Dawn all the time. This is going to be a disaster for the show, but they don't care, because they can't admit that introducing Dawn was a terrible idea to begin with." My wife and I sat cringing. "I'm not enjoying this," she said. And then they pull the old switcheroo, ha ha, the joke's on us. Instead of Dawn as a SIT, they give us a gal who is taller, with browner, straighter hair, even more whiny and awkward than Dawn, if you can believe it. And finish off with a speech about how great Dawn is being just who she is. I'm surprised ME didn't send around lackeys to all our houses to hit us on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. - Paul

2003-01-23 04:14:17-06:00 - Re: "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: Paul Farrington <paul@eastshore.com> wrote in <3E2FA2FF.442D0FFE@eastshore.com>: > s > p > o > i > l > e > r > s > p > a > c > e > > Boy, was ME jerking our chain, or what? > > I was spoiler free for this episode. When I saw Dawn pegged as a SIT, I > thought, "Oh no. They're doing this to punish all of us for dissing Dawn > all the time. This is going to be a disaster for the show, but they > don't care, because they can't admit that introducing Dawn was a > terrible idea to begin with." > > My wife and I sat cringing. "I'm not enjoying this," she said. > > And then they pull the old switcheroo, ha ha, the joke's on us. Instead > of Dawn as a SIT, they give us a gal who is taller, with browner, > straighter hair, even more whiny and awkward than Dawn, if you can > believe it. And finish off with a speech about how great Dawn is being > just who she is. > > I'm surprised ME didn't send around lackeys to all our houses to hit us > on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. > In other words, you were prepared to hate this episode no matter how it turned out. -- I think the fans will always find ways to torture themselves with or without our help. -- David Fury Roberto Castillo castillo@enteract.com http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2003-01-23 06:25:26-08:00 - Re: "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (lcalv@hotmail.com)

Paul Farrington <paul@eastshore.com> wrote in message news:<3E2FA2FF.442D0FFE@eastshore.com>... > s > p > o > i > l > e > r > s > p > a > c > e > > Boy, was ME jerking our chain, or what? > > I was spoiler free for this episode. When I saw Dawn pegged as a SIT, I > thought, "Oh no. They're doing this to punish all of us for dissing Dawn > all the time. This is going to be a disaster for the show, but they > don't care, because they can't admit that introducing Dawn was a > terrible idea to begin with." > > My wife and I sat cringing. "I'm not enjoying this," she said. > > And then they pull the old switcheroo, ha ha, the joke's on us. Instead > of Dawn as a SIT, they give us a gal who is taller, with browner, > straighter hair, even more whiny and awkward than Dawn, if you can > believe it. And finish off with a speech about how great Dawn is being > just who she is. > > I'm surprised ME didn't send around lackeys to all our houses to hit us > on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. > > - Paul Speak for yourself -- some of "us" LIKE Dawn. Are Dawn haters really in the majority here?? I never had that impression.

[...]

2003-01-23 10:50:12-05:00 - Re: "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (Dawn <avs@qis.net>)

Paul Farrington wrote: > > s > p > o > i > l > e > r > s > p > a > c > e > > Boy, was ME jerking our chain, or what? > > I was spoiler free for this episode. When I saw Dawn pegged as a SIT, I > thought, "Oh no. They're doing this to punish all of us for dissing Dawn > all the time. This is going to be a disaster for the show, but they > don't care, because they can't admit that introducing Dawn was a > terrible idea to begin with." > > My wife and I sat cringing. "I'm not enjoying this," she said. > > And then they pull the old switcheroo, ha ha, the joke's on us. Instead > of Dawn as a SIT, they give us a gal who is taller, with browner, > straighter hair, even more whiny and awkward than Dawn, if you can > believe it. And finish off with a speech about how great Dawn is being > just who she is. > > I'm surprised ME didn't send around lackeys to all our houses to hit us > on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. > > - Paul Heh. Paul, your post made me laugh outloud.... The visual of Joss showing up at everyone's door with a big list of usernames and real names to whack us on the nose like naughty puppies...*snerk* It's like the kinder gentler version of Jay and Silent Bob beating the snot out of their internet detractors in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back! Too funny! Dawn

2003-01-23 12:44:12-05:00 - Re: "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <ca9d2ab.0301230625.27905797@posting.google.com>, indygrrl <lcalv@hotmail.com> wrote: > > Speak for yourself -- some of "us" LIKE Dawn. > > Are Dawn haters really in the majority here?? I never had that impression. Nope. It's just the complainers make more noise. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-01-23 12:44:12-05:00 - Re: "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <ca9d2ab.0301230625.27905797@posting.google.com>, indygrrl <lcalv@hotmail.com> wrote: > > Speak for yourself -- some of "us" LIKE Dawn. > > Are Dawn haters really in the majority here?? I never had that impression. Nope. It's just the complainers make more noise. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-01-23 13:12:21+00:00 - Re: "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (Speaker-to-Customers <greebo@manx.net>)

Paul Farrington wrote: > s > p > o > i > l > e > r > s > p > a > c > e > > Boy, was ME jerking our chain, or what? > > I was spoiler free for this episode. When I saw Dawn pegged as a SIT, > I thought, "Oh no. They're doing this to punish all of us for dissing > Dawn all the time. This is going to be a disaster for the show, but > they don't care, because they can't admit that introducing Dawn was a > terrible idea to begin with." > > My wife and I sat cringing. "I'm not enjoying this," she said. > > And then they pull the old switcheroo, ha ha, the joke's on us. > Instead of Dawn as a SIT, they give us a gal who is taller, with > browner, straighter hair, even more whiny and awkward than Dawn, if > you can believe it. And finish off with a speech about how great Dawn > is being just who she is. > > I'm surprised ME didn't send around lackeys to all our houses to hit > us on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. They did, but you were out when they called. They should have left a card with a number for you to call to advise them when you would be in, so that they could call back then. Did they not do that? Paul Speaker-to-Customers

2003-01-23 13:54:11-08:00 - Re: "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (kenm47@ix.netcom.com)

lcalv@hotmail.com (indygrrl) wrote in message news:<ca9d2ab.0301230625.27905797@posting.google.com>... > Paul Farrington <paul@eastshore.com> wrote in message news:<3E2FA2FF.442D0FFE@eastshore.com>... > > s > > p > > o > > i > > l > > e > > r > > s > > p > > a > > c > > e > > > > Boy, was ME jerking our chain, or what? > > > > I was spoiler free for this episode. When I saw Dawn pegged as a SIT, I > > thought, "Oh no. They're doing this to punish all of us for dissing Dawn > > all the time. This is going to be a disaster for the show, but they > > don't care, because they can't admit that introducing Dawn was a > > terrible idea to begin with." > > > > My wife and I sat cringing. "I'm not enjoying this," she said. > > > > And then they pull the old switcheroo, ha ha, the joke's on us. Instead > > of Dawn as a SIT, they give us a gal who is taller, with browner, > > straighter hair, even more whiny and awkward than Dawn, if you can > > believe it. And finish off with a speech about how great Dawn is being > > just who she is. > > > > I'm surprised ME didn't send around lackeys to all our houses to hit us > > on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. > > > > - Paul > > Speak for yourself -- some of "us" LIKE Dawn. > > Are Dawn haters really in the majority here?? I never had that impression. Does "have no use for" mean the same as "hate"? That no one on the show seems to care that they've been mind-raped and had phony memories inserted covering sixteen years when Tara had a sh*t fit over being induced to forget a single fight? That Buffy gave her life for an artificial creature who may or may not have had something that looked like Summers' DNA? That Dawn has been portrayed as a case of arrested development, a whiny spoiled attention hogging brat up until this last ep and then she still came off as an idiot running off into the night alone? No, I don't "hate" Dawn. That kind of strong response is saved for the "creative" people that destroyed this show and Angel too. Ken

2003-01-23 17:10:52-05:00 - Re: "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (Tom Breton <tehom@panix.com>)

Paul Farrington <paul@eastshore.com> writes: > s > p > o > i > l > e > r > s > p > a > c > e > > Boy, was ME jerking our chain, or what? I don't mind a few in-jokes, subtle references, and the like. > I was spoiler free for this episode. When I saw Dawn pegged as a SIT, I > thought, "Oh no. They're doing this to punish all of us for dissing Dawn > all the time. This is going to be a disaster for the show, but they > don't care, because they can't admit that introducing Dawn was a > terrible idea to begin with." > > My wife and I sat cringing. "I'm not enjoying this," she said. > > And then they pull the old switcheroo, ha ha, the joke's on us. Instead > of Dawn as a SIT, they give us a gal who is taller, with browner, > straighter hair, even more whiny and awkward than Dawn, if you can > believe it. And finish off with a speech about how great Dawn is being > just who she is. OK, I didn't like that. But not because it was playing with the fans, because it made no sense and doesn't appeal to me. > I'm surprised ME didn't send around lackeys to all our houses to hit us > on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. What, you didn't get your nose-whack like the rest of us? Hey, ME lackeys, you skipped Paul! -- Tom Breton at panix.com, username tehom. http://www.panix.com/~tehom

2003-01-23 18:08:33-05:00 - Re: "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (EGK <egk_nospam_@hotmail.com>)

On 23 Jan 2003 13:54:11 -0800, kenm47@ix.netcom.com (kenm47) wrote: >> Are Dawn haters really in the majority here?? I never had that impression. > >Does "have no use for" mean the same as "hate"? > >That no one on the show seems to care that they've been mind-raped and >had phony memories inserted covering sixteen years when Tara had a >sh*t fit over being induced to forget a single fight? That Buffy gave >her life for an artificial creature who may or may not have had >something that looked like Summers' DNA? That Dawn has been portrayed >as a case of arrested development, a whiny spoiled attention hogging >brat up until this last ep and then she still came off as an idiot >running off into the night alone? > >No, I don't "hate" Dawn. That kind of strong response is saved for the >"creative" people that destroyed this show and Angel too. LOL The bitterness is setting in now, Ken. FX just started running season 3. I find that a good cure but I suppose it could make it worse :) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2003-01-24 16:57:45-05:00 - Re: "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <3e31b047.309370897@news.mindspring.com>, Pamela J. Ashworth <pashworth@mindspring.com> wrote: > But aside from that, at the beginning of the season, Buffy was > "training" Dawn. Now with the SITs, she's just ignoring her. Dawn may be feeling ignored, but she isn't being ignored. She's still an important part of the team. Dawn is being included in a lot of the stuff that the SiTs are being left out of. She's taking part in the Scoobie meetings that the SiTs are being excluded from. (The non-telepathic ones anyway.) She's still helping with the research. > Did she > forget? Or she'll train her only if she has nothing better to do? It's > too much trouble to include Dawn with the others? I thought we'd > gotten past the "you need to be protected" thing at the end of last > season. > -- > Pam from Boston Dawn isn't being protected. It's just that the SiTs need the training more than she does now. We saw her do the graduation exercise that the SiTs got in _Potential_ back in _Lessons_. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-01-24 17:59:29-06:00 - Re: "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (Barb <noway@yahoo.com>)

"Pamela J. Ashworth" <pashworth@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3e31b047.309370897@news.mindspring.com... > Dawn <avs@qis.net> wrote: > > >Paul Farrington wrote: > >> > >> s > >> p > >> o > >> i > >> l > >> e > >> r > >> s > >> p > >> a > >> c > >> e > >> > > > Look! Dawn's posting now! > Just kidding. Seriously I don't have a problem with Dawn other than > her screams are more squeaks than screams. > But aside from that, at the beginning of the season, Buffy was > "training" Dawn. Now with the SITs, she's just ignoring her. Did she > forget? Or she'll train her only if she has nothing better to do? It's > too much trouble to include Dawn with the others? I thought we'd > gotten past the "you need to be protected" thing at the end of last > season. > -- > Pam from Boston > ========= I so totally agree with you, Pam. I've been wondering that all along, why all of the sudden Dawn doesn't need to be trained any more. If anything, she needs it even more so now than she did before, cause if Ubie is any indication, the First isn't gona be a sure bet for Buffy...so, really, she should be preparing Dawn even more to be able to take care of herself. The scene last week where Dawn is sitting on the stairs looking all forlorn while Buffy is delivering the death lecture to the SITs was almost heartbreaking, and I'm not a really big Dawn fan (I do have to admit that she has gotten less annoying, though). Barb

2003-01-24 21:29:46+00:00 - Re: "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (pashworth@mindspring.com)

Dawn <avs@qis.net> wrote: >Paul Farrington wrote: >> >> s >> p >> o >> i >> l >> e >> r >> s >> p >> a >> c >> e >> >> Boy, was ME jerking our chain, or what? >> >> I was spoiler free for this episode. When I saw Dawn pegged as a SIT, I >> thought, "Oh no. They're doing this to punish all of us for dissing Dawn >> all the time. This is going to be a disaster for the show, but they >> don't care, because they can't admit that introducing Dawn was a >> terrible idea to begin with." >> >> My wife and I sat cringing. "I'm not enjoying this," she said. >> >> And then they pull the old switcheroo, ha ha, the joke's on us. Instead >> of Dawn as a SIT, they give us a gal who is taller, with browner, >> straighter hair, even more whiny and awkward than Dawn, if you can >> believe it. And finish off with a speech about how great Dawn is being >> just who she is. >> >> I'm surprised ME didn't send around lackeys to all our houses to hit us >> on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. >> >> - Paul > > >Heh. Paul, your post made me laugh outloud.... The visual of Joss >showing up at everyone's door with a big list of usernames and real >names to whack us on the nose like naughty puppies...*snerk* It's like >the kinder gentler version of Jay and Silent Bob beating the snot out of >their internet detractors in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back! Too funny! > >Dawn Look! Dawn's posting now! Just kidding. Seriously I don't have a problem with Dawn other than her screams are more squeaks than screams. But aside from that, at the beginning of the season, Buffy was "training" Dawn. Now with the SITs, she's just ignoring her. Did she forget? Or she'll train her only if she has nothing better to do? It's too much trouble to include Dawn with the others? I thought we'd gotten past the "you need to be protected" thing at the end of last season. -- Pam from Boston ========= "I go online sometimes, but ... everyone's spelling is really bad, and it's ... depressing." Tara - BtVS, I Was Made To Love You Latest Scott Bakula Appearances and News --*==*-- http://www.BakulaNews.com Scott Bakula starring in ENTERPRISE, Wednesdays at 8 on UPN (and "from" means I have moved)

2003-01-25 03:55:04-05:00 - Re: "Hey ATBVS, bite ME" -- alternate title for Potential - (Go-ta Maga-nus <mtm@e.c>)

"kenm47" <kenm47@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:4c527512.0301231354.3a451737@posting.google.com... > lcalv@hotmail.com (indygrrl) wrote in message news:<ca9d2ab.0301230625.27905797@posting.google.com>... > > Paul Farrington <paul@eastshore.com> wrote in message news:<3E2FA2FF.442D0FFE@eastshore.com>... > > > s > > > p > > > o > > > i > > > l > > > e > > > r > > > s > > > p > > > a > > > c > > > e > > > > > > Boy, was ME jerking our chain, or what? > > > > > > I was spoiler free for this episode. When I saw Dawn pegged as a SIT, I > > > thought, "Oh no. They're doing this to punish all of us for dissing Dawn > > > all the time. This is going to be a disaster for the show, but they > > > don't care, because they can't admit that introducing Dawn was a > > > terrible idea to begin with." > > > > > > My wife and I sat cringing. "I'm not enjoying this," she said. > > > > > > And then they pull the old switcheroo, ha ha, the joke's on us. Instead > > > of Dawn as a SIT, they give us a gal who is taller, with browner, > > > straighter hair, even more whiny and awkward than Dawn, if you can > > > believe it. And finish off with a speech about how great Dawn is being > > > just who she is. > > > > > > I'm surprised ME didn't send around lackeys to all our houses to hit us > > > on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. > > > > > > - Paul > > > > Speak for yourself -- some of "us" LIKE Dawn. > > > > Are Dawn haters really in the majority here?? I never had that impression. > > Does "have no use for" mean the same as "hate"? > > That no one on the show seems to care that they've been mind-raped and > had phony memories inserted covering sixteen years when Tara had a > sh*t fit over being induced to forget a single fight? That Buffy gave Wanna take a look at motives there? Save world - Make up with girlfriend. Save world - Make up with girlfriend. Save world - Make up with girlfriend. Hmmm....