FLM films - My Webpage

2003-04-20 19:47:46+00:00 - Buffy 2x15 - (Racheli <cool-girl@newmail.net>)

Hey, my name is Racheli and i'm a buffy fan. i'm not a member here, 'cuz i haven't seen the 6th and the 7th season yet, but my question here is about buffy downloands. where can i download buffy episodes from? (i'm correctly looking especially for chapter 2x15, where Oz *in love* finds out that he's a werewolf) the kazaa downloads episodes super-slowly (about 0.05kb/s) even though i have quite a fast internet connection now, the WinMX doesn't know what to do with my HTTP proxy, the mIRC cannot get into DALnet, the newsgroup alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer appears empty of messages, and i looked for episodes in actual websites, and found nada, nothing, kloom, zilch. u ppl look nice and smart and perfect:), can u please help me? Thank you all Racheli.

2003-04-20 19:47:46+00:00 - Buffy 2x15 - (Racheli <cool-girl@newmail.net>)

Hey, my name is Racheli and i'm a buffy fan. i'm not a member here, 'cuz i haven't seen the 6th and the 7th season yet, but my question here is about buffy downloands. where can i download buffy episodes from? (i'm correctly looking especially for chapter 2x15, where Oz *in love* finds out that he's a werewolf) the kazaa downloads episodes super-slowly (about 0.05kb/s) even though i have quite a fast internet connection now, the WinMX doesn't know what to do with my HTTP proxy, the mIRC cannot get into DALnet, the newsgroup alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer appears empty of messages, and i looked for episodes in actual websites, and found nada, nothing, kloom, zilch. u ppl look nice and smart and perfect:), can u please help me? Thank you all Racheli.

2003-04-20 20:05:17+00:00 - Re: Buffy 2x15 - (Antha <negueruela82@telefonica.net>)

Hello Racheli, You can get buffy episodes throgh the program E-donkey you can download on the web, it may take some time but just let the computer on for a while. You can search for the episode you want in the same program at search section or at some web sites that have links. just look for them on the web. "Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> escribi��� en el mensaje news:Xns9362E8C55E528coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... > Hey, my name is Racheli and i'm a buffy fan. i'm not a member here, 'cuz i > haven't seen the 6th and the 7th season yet, but my question here is about > buffy downloands. where can i download buffy episodes from? (i'm correctly > looking especially for chapter 2x15, where Oz *in love* finds out that he's > a werewolf) the kazaa downloads episodes super-slowly (about 0.05kb/s) even > though i have quite a fast internet connection now, the WinMX doesn't know > what to do with my HTTP proxy, the mIRC cannot get into DALnet, the > newsgroup alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer appears empty of messages, > and i looked for episodes in actual websites, and found nada, nothing, > kloom, zilch. > u ppl look nice and smart and perfect:), can u please help me? > Thank you all > Racheli.

2003-04-20 20:28:49+00:00 - Re: Buffy 2x15 - (Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid>)

Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, cool-girl@newmail.net wrote in article <Xns9362E8C55E528coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7>... > Hey, my name is Racheli and i'm a buffy fan. i'm not a member here, 'cuz i > haven't seen the 6th and the 7th season yet, but my question here is about > buffy downloands. where can i download buffy episodes from? (i'm correctly > looking especially for chapter 2x15, where Oz *in love* finds out that he's > a werewolf) the kazaa downloads episodes super-slowly (about 0.05kb/s) even > though i have quite a fast internet connection now, the WinMX doesn't know > what to do with my HTTP proxy, the mIRC cannot get into DALnet, the > newsgroup alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer appears empty of messages, > and i looked for episodes in actual websites, and found nada, nothing, > kloom, zilch. > u ppl look nice and smart and perfect:), can u please help me? > Thank you all > Racheli. > First of all there is no membership, per se, in this group. This is not an organization but it is a collection of posters. So, to turn the concept on its head, by posting here you have established your membership. Hello, Racheli, and welcome. The buffy multimedia news groups will no longer post episodes that have had Region 1 DVD releases; those would be seasons 1 through 3 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and season 1 of Angel. So you should go out and be a good fan and purchase those seasons that are available in your DVD region. Judging by your post headers, it appears that you are posting from the Near East, and that is in DVD Region 2. You can purchase season 1 through 6 Buffy DVDs through Amazon UK, if I am not mistaken. -- Be seeing you, Growltiger

2003-04-21 12:42:33+00:00 - Re: Buffy 2x15 - (Racheli <cool-girl@newmail.net>)

Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid> wrote in news:MPG.190ca2d3ce3aad8e98a045@netnews.attbi.com: > Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, cool-girl@newmail.net wrote in > article <Xns9362E8C55E528coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7>... >> Hey, my name is Racheli and i'm a buffy fan. i'm not a member here, >> 'cuz i haven't seen the 6th and the 7th season yet, but my question >> here is about buffy downloands. where can i download buffy episodes >> from? (i'm correctly looking especially for chapter 2x15, where Oz >> *in love* finds out that he's a werewolf) the kazaa downloads >> episodes super-slowly (about 0.05kb/s) even though i have quite a >> fast internet connection now, the WinMX doesn't know what to do with >> my HTTP proxy, the mIRC cannot get into DALnet, the newsgroup >> alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer appears empty of messages, >> and i looked for episodes in actual websites, and found nada, >> nothing, kloom, zilch. >> u ppl look nice and smart and perfect:), can u please help me? >> Thank you all >> Racheli. >> > > First of all there is no membership, per se, in this group. This is > not an organization but it is a collection of posters. So, to turn > the concept on its head, by posting here you have established your > membership. Hello, Racheli, and welcome. > > The buffy multimedia news groups will no longer post episodes that > have had Region 1 DVD releases; those would be seasons 1 through 3 of > Buffy the Vampire Slayer and season 1 of Angel. So you should go out > and be a good fan and purchase those seasons that are available in > your DVD region. Judging by your post headers, it appears that you > are posting from the Near East, and that is in DVD Region 2. You can > purchase season 1 through 6 Buffy DVDs through Amazon UK, if I am not > mistaken. And if i don't have a DVD player?

2003-04-21 13:19:55+00:00 - Re: Buffy 2x15 - (Papa Smurf <fakeaddress@Iwantnospam.crap>)

-- That's the kind of woolly-headed, liberal thinking that leads to being eaten. "Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message news:Xns9363A098D2554coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... > Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid> wrote in > news:MPG.190ca2d3ce3aad8e98a045@netnews.attbi.com: > > > Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, cool-girl@newmail.net wrote in > > article <Xns9362E8C55E528coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7>... > >> Hey, my name is Racheli and i'm a buffy fan. i'm not a member here, > >> 'cuz i haven't seen the 6th and the 7th season yet, but my question > >> here is about buffy downloands. where can i download buffy episodes > >> from? (i'm correctly looking especially for chapter 2x15, where Oz > >> *in love* finds out that he's a werewolf) the kazaa downloads > >> episodes super-slowly (about 0.05kb/s) even though i have quite a > >> fast internet connection now, the WinMX doesn't know what to do with > >> my HTTP proxy, the mIRC cannot get into DALnet, the newsgroup > >> alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer appears empty of messages, > >> and i looked for episodes in actual websites, and found nada, > >> nothing, kloom, zilch. > >> u ppl look nice and smart and perfect:), can u please help me? > >> Thank you all > >> Racheli. > >> > > > > First of all there is no membership, per se, in this group. This is > > not an organization but it is a collection of posters. So, to turn > > the concept on its head, by posting here you have established your > > membership. Hello, Racheli, and welcome. > > > > The buffy multimedia news groups will no longer post episodes that > > have had Region 1 DVD releases; those would be seasons 1 through 3 of > > Buffy the Vampire Slayer and season 1 of Angel. So you should go out > > and be a good fan and purchase those seasons that are available in > > your DVD region. Judging by your post headers, it appears that you > > are posting from the Near East, and that is in DVD Region 2. You can > > purchase season 1 through 6 Buffy DVDs through Amazon UK, if I am not > > mistaken. > > And if i don't have a DVD player? Then shell out the $44 and join the modern age.

2003-04-22 08:21:09-05:00 - Re: 44$? - ("Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer" <rickramey@qhotmail.com>)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:08:25 +0000 (UTC), Racheli <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote: >"Papa Smurf" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospam.crap> wrote in >news:%dSoa.19174$ot1.13668@nwrdny02.gnilink.net: > >> >> >> -- >> That's the kind of woolly-headed, liberal thinking that leads to being >> eaten. >> "Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message >> news:Xns9363A098D2554coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... >>> Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid> wrote in >>> news:MPG.190ca2d3ce3aad8e98a045@netnews.attbi.com: >>> >>> > Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, cool-girl@newmail.net wrote in >>> > article <Xns9362E8C55E528coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7>... >>> >> Hey, my name is Racheli and i'm a buffy fan. i'm not a member here, >>> >> 'cuz i haven't seen the 6th and the 7th season yet, but my question >>> >> here is about buffy downloands. where can i download buffy episodes >>> >> from? (i'm correctly looking especially for chapter 2x15, where Oz >>> >> *in love* finds out that he's a werewolf) the kazaa downloads >>> >> episodes super-slowly (about 0.05kb/s) even though i have quite a >>> >> fast internet connection now, the WinMX doesn't know what to do with >>> >> my HTTP proxy, the mIRC cannot get into DALnet, the newsgroup >>> >> alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer appears empty of messages, >>> >> and i looked for episodes in actual websites, and found nada, >>> >> nothing, kloom, zilch. >>> >> u ppl look nice and smart and perfect:), can u please help me? >>> >> Thank you all >>> >> Racheli. >>> >> >>> > >>> > First of all there is no membership, per se, in this group. This is >>> > not an organization but it is a collection of posters. So, to turn >>> > the concept on its head, by posting here you have established your >>> > membership. Hello, Racheli, and welcome. >>> > >>> > The buffy multimedia news groups will no longer post episodes that >>> > have had Region 1 DVD releases; those would be seasons 1 through 3 of >>> > Buffy the Vampire Slayer and season 1 of Angel. So you should go out >>> > and be a good fan and purchase those seasons that are available in >>> > your DVD region. Judging by your post headers, it appears that you >>> > are posting from the Near East, and that is in DVD Region 2. You can >>> > purchase season 1 through 6 Buffy DVDs through Amazon UK, if I am not >>> > mistaken. >>> >>> And if i don't have a DVD player? >> >> Then shell out the $44 and join the modern age. >> >> >> > >More like 1,200 Dollars...:-\ What part of the planet can get away with charging $1,200 for a frickin' DVD player? 'Cause I'll buy a few hundred of them over here for $44 over here and sell them there.

2003-04-22 13:08:25+00:00 - 44$? - (Racheli <cool-girl@newmail.net>)

2003-04-22 15:08:07+00:00 - Re: 44$? - (Papa Smurf <fakeaddress@Iwantnospam.crap>)

-- That's the kind of woolly-headed, liberal thinking that leads to being eaten. "Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message news:Xns9364A464577B5coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... > "Papa Smurf" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospam.crap> wrote in > news:%dSoa.19174$ot1.13668@nwrdny02.gnilink.net: > > > > > > > -- > > That's the kind of woolly-headed, liberal thinking that leads to being > > eaten. > > "Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message > > news:Xns9363A098D2554coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... > >> Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid> wrote in > >> news:MPG.190ca2d3ce3aad8e98a045@netnews.attbi.com: > >> > >> > Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, cool-girl@newmail.net wrote in > >> > article <Xns9362E8C55E528coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7>... > >> >> Hey, my name is Racheli and i'm a buffy fan. i'm not a member here, > >> >> 'cuz i haven't seen the 6th and the 7th season yet, but my question > >> >> here is about buffy downloands. where can i download buffy episodes > >> >> from? (i'm correctly looking especially for chapter 2x15, where Oz > >> >> *in love* finds out that he's a werewolf) the kazaa downloads > >> >> episodes super-slowly (about 0.05kb/s) even though i have quite a > >> >> fast internet connection now, the WinMX doesn't know what to do with > >> >> my HTTP proxy, the mIRC cannot get into DALnet, the newsgroup > >> >> alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer appears empty of messages, > >> >> and i looked for episodes in actual websites, and found nada, > >> >> nothing, kloom, zilch. > >> >> u ppl look nice and smart and perfect:), can u please help me? > >> >> Thank you all > >> >> Racheli. > >> >> > >> > > >> > First of all there is no membership, per se, in this group. This is > >> > not an organization but it is a collection of posters. So, to turn > >> > the concept on its head, by posting here you have established your > >> > membership. Hello, Racheli, and welcome. > >> > > >> > The buffy multimedia news groups will no longer post episodes that > >> > have had Region 1 DVD releases; those would be seasons 1 through 3 of > >> > Buffy the Vampire Slayer and season 1 of Angel. So you should go out > >> > and be a good fan and purchase those seasons that are available in > >> > your DVD region. Judging by your post headers, it appears that you > >> > are posting from the Near East, and that is in DVD Region 2. You can > >> > purchase season 1 through 6 Buffy DVDs through Amazon UK, if I am not > >> > mistaken. > >> > >> And if i don't have a DVD player? > > > > Then shell out the $44 and join the modern age. > > > > > > > > More like 1,200 Dollars...:-\ Apex 1110 DVD Player, Wal-mart $44. Plays DVD/CD/CDR/DVDR/VCD/photoDisc. Sorry if you live in some tarriffed beyond credibility country.

2003-04-22 15:25:30+00:00 - Re: 44$? - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <Xns9364A464577B5coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7>, Racheli <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote: > More like 1,200 Dollars...:-\ where do you live? I'm a bit curious cause it can't be in the US. Even in the most backwater areas of the US you can find a Walmart or a Target with DVD players for $100 tops. Not the finest quality but they are still very good. and if you have a circuit city around, you can likely still get an Apex for about $70 (very nice quality for a no name brand)

2003-04-22 21:17:54-05:00 - Re: 44$? - (Rick Ramey <rickramey@nospamhotmail.com>)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 01:50:03 GMT, "Papa Smurf" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospam.crap> wrote: > > >"Aethelrede" <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message >news:DVkpa.40516$cO3.3072437@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... >> >> Papa Smurf wrote in message ... >> >"Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message >> >news:Xns9364A464577B5coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... >> >> "Papa Smurf" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospam.crap> wrote in >> >> news:%dSoa.19174$ot1.13668@nwrdny02.gnilink.net: >> >> >> >> > >> >> > >> >> > -- >> >> > That's the kind of woolly-headed, liberal thinking that leads to >being >> >> > eaten. >> >> > "Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message >> >> > news:Xns9363A098D2554coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... >> >> >> Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid> wrote in >> >> >> news:MPG.190ca2d3ce3aad8e98a045@netnews.attbi.com: >> >> >> >> >> >> > Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, cool-girl@newmail.net wrote >in >> >> >> > article <Xns9362E8C55E528coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7>... >> >> >> >> Hey, my name is Racheli and i'm a buffy fan. i'm not a member >here, >> >> >> >> 'cuz i haven't seen the 6th and the 7th season yet, but my >question >> >> >> >> here is about buffy downloands. where can i download buffy >episodes >> >> >> >> from? (i'm correctly looking especially for chapter 2x15, where >Oz >> >> >> >> *in love* finds out that he's a werewolf) the kazaa downloads >> >> >> >> episodes super-slowly (about 0.05kb/s) even though i have quite a >> >> >> >> fast internet connection now, the WinMX doesn't know what to do >> with >> >> >> >> my HTTP proxy, the mIRC cannot get into DALnet, the newsgroup >> >> >> >> alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer appears empty of messages, >> >> >> >> and i looked for episodes in actual websites, and found nada, >> >> >> >> nothing, kloom, zilch. >> >> >> >> u ppl look nice and smart and perfect:), can u please help me? >> >> >> >> Thank you all >> >> >> >> Racheli. >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > >> >> >> > First of all there is no membership, per se, in this group. This >is >> >> >> > not an organization but it is a collection of posters. So, to >turn >> >> >> > the concept on its head, by posting here you have established your >> >> >> > membership. Hello, Racheli, and welcome. >> >> >> > >> >> >> > The buffy multimedia news groups will no longer post episodes that >> >> >> > have had Region 1 DVD releases; those would be seasons 1 through 3 >> of >> >> >> > Buffy the Vampire Slayer and season 1 of Angel. So you should go >> out >> >> >> > and be a good fan and purchase those seasons that are available in >> >> >> > your DVD region. Judging by your post headers, it appears that >you >> >> >> > are posting from the Near East, and that is in DVD Region 2. You >> can >> >> >> > purchase season 1 through 6 Buffy DVDs through Amazon UK, if I am >> not >> >> >> > mistaken. >> >> >> >> >> >> And if i don't have a DVD player? >> >> > >> >> > Then shell out the $44 and join the modern age. >> >> > >> >> > >> >> > >> >> >> >> More like 1,200 Dollars...:-\ >> > >> >Apex 1110 DVD Player, Wal-mart $44. Plays DVD/CD/CDR/DVDR/VCD/photoDisc. >> >Sorry if you live in some tarriffed beyond credibility country. >> >> It can theoretically be turned into a region free player too, if you >can >> find the right software and burn a disk. > >Strangely I discovered that the fastforward button from the Apex 1100 remote >throws up the multiregion menu on the 1110. >Also plays PAL staright out of the box, and played a few DVDRs that played >on no other played I've tried them on. >I sound like a commercial.... I gotta give Apex props for their stuff. You would think that a little sub-$50 player would be nothing but a POS, but these things rock. I hacked mine to disable the Macrovision and be region free. Cannot beat Apex!

2003-04-22 23:38:14-04:00 - Re: 44$? - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:08:25 +0000 (UTC), Racheli <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote: >>> And if i don't have a DVD player? >> >> Then shell out the $44 and join the modern age. >More like 1,200 Dollars...:-\ Where the hell are YOU shopping? Are you in the US? This one's $60 and it's not an "el cheapo" either... http://www.buy.com/retail/electronics/product.asp?sku=90119042&loc=111

2003-04-23 00:14:27+00:00 - Re: 44$? - (Aethelrede <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net>)

2003-04-23 01:50:03+00:00 - Re: 44$? - (Papa Smurf <fakeaddress@Iwantnospam.crap>)

"Aethelrede" <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:DVkpa.40516$cO3.3072437@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > > Papa Smurf wrote in message ... > >"Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message > >news:Xns9364A464577B5coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... > >> "Papa Smurf" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospam.crap> wrote in > >> news:%dSoa.19174$ot1.13668@nwrdny02.gnilink.net: > >> > >> > > >> > > >> > -- > >> > That's the kind of woolly-headed, liberal thinking that leads to being > >> > eaten. > >> > "Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message > >> > news:Xns9363A098D2554coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... > >> >> Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid> wrote in > >> >> news:MPG.190ca2d3ce3aad8e98a045@netnews.attbi.com: > >> >> > >> >> > Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, cool-girl@newmail.net wrote in > >> >> > article <Xns9362E8C55E528coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7>... > >> >> >> Hey, my name is Racheli and i'm a buffy fan. i'm not a member here, > >> >> >> 'cuz i haven't seen the 6th and the 7th season yet, but my question > >> >> >> here is about buffy downloands. where can i download buffy episodes > >> >> >> from? (i'm correctly looking especially for chapter 2x15, where Oz > >> >> >> *in love* finds out that he's a werewolf) the kazaa downloads > >> >> >> episodes super-slowly (about 0.05kb/s) even though i have quite a > >> >> >> fast internet connection now, the WinMX doesn't know what to do > with > >> >> >> my HTTP proxy, the mIRC cannot get into DALnet, the newsgroup > >> >> >> alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer appears empty of messages, > >> >> >> and i looked for episodes in actual websites, and found nada, > >> >> >> nothing, kloom, zilch. > >> >> >> u ppl look nice and smart and perfect:), can u please help me? > >> >> >> Thank you all > >> >> >> Racheli. > >> >> >> > >> >> > > >> >> > First of all there is no membership, per se, in this group. This is > >> >> > not an organization but it is a collection of posters. So, to turn > >> >> > the concept on its head, by posting here you have established your > >> >> > membership. Hello, Racheli, and welcome. > >> >> > > >> >> > The buffy multimedia news groups will no longer post episodes that > >> >> > have had Region 1 DVD releases; those would be seasons 1 through 3 > of > >> >> > Buffy the Vampire Slayer and season 1 of Angel. So you should go > out > >> >> > and be a good fan and purchase those seasons that are available in > >> >> > your DVD region. Judging by your post headers, it appears that you > >> >> > are posting from the Near East, and that is in DVD Region 2. You > can > >> >> > purchase season 1 through 6 Buffy DVDs through Amazon UK, if I am > not > >> >> > mistaken. > >> >> > >> >> And if i don't have a DVD player? > >> > > >> > Then shell out the $44 and join the modern age. > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> More like 1,200 Dollars...:-\ > > > >Apex 1110 DVD Player, Wal-mart $44. Plays DVD/CD/CDR/DVDR/VCD/photoDisc. > >Sorry if you live in some tarriffed beyond credibility country. > > It can theoretically be turned into a region free player too, if you can > find the right software and burn a disk. Strangely I discovered that the fastforward button from the Apex 1100 remote throws up the multiregion menu on the 1110. Also plays PAL staright out of the box, and played a few DVDRs that played on no other played I've tried them on. I sound like a commercial.... -- That's the kind of woolly-headed, liberal thinking that leads to being eaten.

2003-04-23 06:13:52+00:00 - Re: 44$? - (Aethelrede <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net>)

Papa Smurf wrote in message ... > > >"Aethelrede" <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message >news:DVkpa.40516$cO3.3072437@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... >> >> Papa Smurf wrote in message ... >> >"Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message >> >news:Xns9364A464577B5coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... >> >> "Papa Smurf" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospam.crap> wrote in >> >> news:%dSoa.19174$ot1.13668@nwrdny02.gnilink.net: >> >> >> >> > >> >> > >> >> > -- >> >> > That's the kind of woolly-headed, liberal thinking that leads to >being >> >> > eaten. >> >> > "Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message >> >> > news:Xns9363A098D2554coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... >> >> >> Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid> wrote in >> >> >> news:MPG.190ca2d3ce3aad8e98a045@netnews.attbi.com: >> >> >> >> >> >> > Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, cool-girl@newmail.net wrote >in >> >> >> > article <Xns9362E8C55E528coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7>... >> >> >> >> Hey, my name is Racheli and i'm a buffy fan. i'm not a member >here, >> >> >> >> 'cuz i haven't seen the 6th and the 7th season yet, but my >question >> >> >> >> here is about buffy downloands. where can i download buffy >episodes >> >> >> >> from? (i'm correctly looking especially for chapter 2x15, where >Oz >> >> >> >> *in love* finds out that he's a werewolf) the kazaa downloads >> >> >> >> episodes super-slowly (about 0.05kb/s) even though i have quite a >> >> >> >> fast internet connection now, the WinMX doesn't know what to do >> with >> >> >> >> my HTTP proxy, the mIRC cannot get into DALnet, the newsgroup >> >> >> >> alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer appears empty of messages, >> >> >> >> and i looked for episodes in actual websites, and found nada, >> >> >> >> nothing, kloom, zilch. >> >> >> >> u ppl look nice and smart and perfect:), can u please help me? >> >> >> >> Thank you all >> >> >> >> Racheli. >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > >> >> >> > First of all there is no membership, per se, in this group. This >is >> >> >> > not an organization but it is a collection of posters. So, to >turn >> >> >> > the concept on its head, by posting here you have established your >> >> >> > membership. Hello, Racheli, and welcome. >> >> >> > >> >> >> > The buffy multimedia news groups will no longer post episodes that >> >> >> > have had Region 1 DVD releases; those would be seasons 1 through 3 >> of >> >> >> > Buffy the Vampire Slayer and season 1 of Angel. So you should go >> out >> >> >> > and be a good fan and purchase those seasons that are available in >> >> >> > your DVD region. Judging by your post headers, it appears that >you >> >> >> > are posting from the Near East, and that is in DVD Region 2. You >> can >> >> >> > purchase season 1 through 6 Buffy DVDs through Amazon UK, if I am >> not >> >> >> > mistaken. >> >> >> >> >> >> And if i don't have a DVD player? >> >> > >> >> > Then shell out the $44 and join the modern age. >> >> > >> >> > >> >> > >> >> >> >> More like 1,200 Dollars...:-\ >> > >> >Apex 1110 DVD Player, Wal-mart $44. Plays DVD/CD/CDR/DVDR/VCD/photoDisc. >> >Sorry if you live in some tarriffed beyond credibility country. >> >> It can theoretically be turned into a region free player too, if you >can >> find the right software and burn a disk. > >Strangely I discovered that the fastforward button from the Apex 1100 remote >throws up the multiregion menu on the 1110. >Also plays PAL staright out of the box, and played a few DVDRs that played >on no other played I've tried them on. >I sound like a commercial.... PAL for sure, but my FF button doesn't give a multiregion choice. But I've read that many DVD players are set to fix on a region after some number of disks from that region are played: it may save 10 cents over the cost of making several models of individual region players. I dunno. I just read this stuff. It just might be that Apex quality control sucks: the first one I bought had this one tiny fault that the DVD drawer wouldn't open. But the replacement is fine. Maybe the Chinese prison inmates forced to make the parts are sabotaging them, or the other inmates who put them together are messing around putting electronics meant for high end players into the cheap models. But where would we be if it wasn't for Asian cheap or forced labour? A $1,200 DVD might be a cheap model, if it was made in the USA with US union wages.

2003-04-23 06:36:30+00:00 - Re: 44$? - (Aethelrede <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net>)

Rick Ramey wrote in message ... >On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 01:50:03 GMT, "Papa Smurf" ><fakeaddress@Iwantnospam.crap> wrote: > >> >> >>"Aethelrede" <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message >>news:DVkpa.40516$cO3.3072437@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... >>> >>> Papa Smurf wrote in message ... >>> >"Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message >>> >news:Xns9364A464577B5coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... >>> >> "Papa Smurf" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospam.crap> wrote in >>> >> news:%dSoa.19174$ot1.13668@nwrdny02.gnilink.net: >>> >> >>> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > -- >>> >> > That's the kind of woolly-headed, liberal thinking that leads to >>being >>> >> > eaten. >>> >> > "Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message >>> >> > news:Xns9363A098D2554coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... >>> >> >> Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid> wrote in >>> >> >> news:MPG.190ca2d3ce3aad8e98a045@netnews.attbi.com: >>> >> >> >>> >> >> > Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, cool-girl@newmail.net wrote >>in >>> >> >> > article <Xns9362E8C55E528coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7>... >>> >> >> >> Hey, my name is Racheli and i'm a buffy fan. i'm not a member >>here, >>> >> >> >> 'cuz i haven't seen the 6th and the 7th season yet, but my >>question >>> >> >> >> here is about buffy downloands. where can i download buffy >>episodes >>> >> >> >> from? (i'm correctly looking especially for chapter 2x15, where >>Oz >>> >> >> >> *in love* finds out that he's a werewolf) the kazaa downloads >>> >> >> >> episodes super-slowly (about 0.05kb/s) even though i have quite a >>> >> >> >> fast internet connection now, the WinMX doesn't know what to do >>> with >>> >> >> >> my HTTP proxy, the mIRC cannot get into DALnet, the newsgroup >>> >> >> >> alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer appears empty of messages, >>> >> >> >> and i looked for episodes in actual websites, and found nada, >>> >> >> >> nothing, kloom, zilch. >>> >> >> >> u ppl look nice and smart and perfect:), can u please help me? >>> >> >> >> Thank you all >>> >> >> >> Racheli. >>> >> >> >> >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > First of all there is no membership, per se, in this group. This >>is >>> >> >> > not an organization but it is a collection of posters. So, to >>turn >>> >> >> > the concept on its head, by posting here you have established your >>> >> >> > membership. Hello, Racheli, and welcome. >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > The buffy multimedia news groups will no longer post episodes that >>> >> >> > have had Region 1 DVD releases; those would be seasons 1 through 3 >>> of >>> >> >> > Buffy the Vampire Slayer and season 1 of Angel. So you should go >>> out >>> >> >> > and be a good fan and purchase those seasons that are available in >>> >> >> > your DVD region. Judging by your post headers, it appears that >>you >>> >> >> > are posting from the Near East, and that is in DVD Region 2. You >>> can >>> >> >> > purchase season 1 through 6 Buffy DVDs through Amazon UK, if I am >>> not >>> >> >> > mistaken. >>> >> >> >>> >> >> And if i don't have a DVD player? >>> >> > >>> >> > Then shell out the $44 and join the modern age. >>> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> >>> >> More like 1,200 Dollars...:-\ >>> > >>> >Apex 1110 DVD Player, Wal-mart $44. Plays DVD/CD/CDR/DVDR/VCD/photoDisc. >>> >Sorry if you live in some tarriffed beyond credibility country. >>> >>> It can theoretically be turned into a region free player too, if you >>can >>> find the right software and burn a disk. >> >>Strangely I discovered that the fastforward button from the Apex 1100 remote >>throws up the multiregion menu on the 1110. >>Also plays PAL staright out of the box, and played a few DVDRs that played >>on no other played I've tried them on. >>I sound like a commercial.... > >I gotta give Apex props for their stuff. You would think that a little >sub-$50 player would be nothing but a POS, but these things rock. I >hacked mine to disable the Macrovision and be region free. How? I really want to know. I got some info but I lost it before I bought a PC that could burn CDs. I mean, $44 (well $49.99 plus tax for me), if it blows the CPU, I can buy another, or look for a real region free machine online. Sheesh, I've had the thing for over a year and a half, so it's cost me some stupid price like one cent or less for every minute I've used it, so it's totally depreciated.

2003-04-23 07:50:46-05:00 - Re: 44$? - ("Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer" <rickramey@qhotmail.com>)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:36:30 GMT, "Aethelrede" <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net> wrote: *much snippage* >> >>I gotta give Apex props for their stuff. You would think that a little >>sub-$50 player would be nothing but a POS, but these things rock. I >>hacked mine to disable the Macrovision and be region free. > > How? > I really want to know. I got some info but I lost it before I bought a >PC that could burn CDs. > I mean, $44 (well $49.99 plus tax for me), if it blows the CPU, I can >buy another, or look for a real region free machine online. > Sheesh, I've had the thing for over a year and a half, so it's cost me >some stupid price like one cent or less for every minute I've used it, so >it's totally depreciated. I am certain that this is the site that has the info. Not all Apex models can be hacked, but this site will tell you which ones and gives the mod file as well. http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdhacks.php Hope this helps.

[...]

2003-04-23 09:29:44-05:00 - Re: Nevermind it - ("Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer" <rickramey@qhotmail.com>)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:11:41 +0000 (UTC), Racheli > >is there any way to watch a certain Buffy episode without buying a DVD >player which i do not need anyway? I believe Windows Media Player 9 will player them okay. At least it does on mine.

2003-04-23 09:29:44-05:00 - Re: Nevermind it - ("Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer" <rickramey@qhotmail.com>)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:11:41 +0000 (UTC), Racheli > >is there any way to watch a certain Buffy episode without buying a DVD >player which i do not need anyway? I believe Windows Media Player 9 will player them okay. At least it does on mine.

2003-04-23 11:40:26-05:00 - Re: Nevermind it - (Estron <estron@tfs.net>)

Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, Racheli wrote: > is there any way to watch a certain Buffy episode without buying a DVD > player which i do not need anyway? Certainly. There are four certain episodes of "Buffy" that you can view without DVD, without VCR, without multimedia computer, without Internet access, and without cable or satellite TV. "Empty Spaces," "Touched," "End of Days" and "Chosen" can all be seen with nothing more than an ordinary TV set within range of a UPN affiliate station. -- All opinions expressed are only that. Pax vobiscum. estron@tfs.net Kansas City, Missouri

2003-04-23 14:11:41+00:00 - Nevermind it - (Racheli <cool-girl@newmail.net>)

"Aethelrede" <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net> wrote in news:Aaqpa.75323$ja4.4985057@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net: > > Papa Smurf wrote in message ... >> >> >>"Aethelrede" <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message >>news:DVkpa.40516$cO3.3072437@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... >>> >>> Papa Smurf wrote in message ... >>> >"Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message >>> >news:Xns9364A464577B5coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... >>> >> "Papa Smurf" <fakeaddress@Iwantnospam.crap> wrote in >>> >> news:%dSoa.19174$ot1.13668@nwrdny02.gnilink.net: >>> >> >>> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > -- >>> >> > That's the kind of woolly-headed, liberal thinking that leads >>> >> > to >>being >>> >> > eaten. >>> >> > "Racheli" <cool-girl@newmail.net> wrote in message >>> >> > news:Xns9363A098D2554coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7... >>> >> >> Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid> wrote in >>> >> >> news:MPG.190ca2d3ce3aad8e98a045@netnews.attbi.com: >>> >> >> >>> >> >> > Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, cool-girl@newmail.net >>> >> >> > wrote >>in >>> >> >> > article >>> >> >> > <Xns9362E8C55E528coolgirlnewmailnet@128.139.197.7>... >>> >> >> >> Hey, my name is Racheli and i'm a buffy fan. i'm not a >>> >> >> >> member >>here, >>> >> >> >> 'cuz i haven't seen the 6th and the 7th season yet, but my >>question >>> >> >> >> here is about buffy downloands. where can i download buffy >>episodes >>> >> >> >> from? (i'm correctly looking especially for chapter 2x15, >>> >> >> >> where >>Oz >>> >> >> >> *in love* finds out that he's a werewolf) the kazaa >>> >> >> >> downloads episodes super-slowly (about 0.05kb/s) even >>> >> >> >> though i have quite > a >>> >> >> >> fast internet connection now, the WinMX doesn't know what >>> >> >> >> to do >>> with >>> >> >> >> my HTTP proxy, the mIRC cannot get into DALnet, the >>> >> >> >> newsgroup alt.binaries.multimedia.buffy-v-slayer appears >>> >> >> >> empty of > messages, >>> >> >> >> and i looked for episodes in actual websites, and found >>> >> >> >> nada, nothing, kloom, zilch. >>> >> >> >> u ppl look nice and smart and perfect:), can u please help >>> >> >> >> me? Thank you all >>> >> >> >> Racheli. >>> >> >> >> >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > First of all there is no membership, per se, in this group. >>> >> >> > This > >>is >>> >> >> > not an organization but it is a collection of posters. So, >>> >> >> > to >>turn >>> >> >> > the concept on its head, by posting here you have >>> >> >> > established > your >>> >> >> > membership. Hello, Racheli, and welcome. >>> >> >> > >>> >> >> > The buffy multimedia news groups will no longer post >>> >> >> > episodes > that >>> >> >> > have had Region 1 DVD releases; those would be seasons 1 >>> >> >> > through > 3 >>> of >>> >> >> > Buffy the Vampire Slayer and season 1 of Angel. So you >>> >> >> > should go >>> out >>> >> >> > and be a good fan and purchase those seasons that are >>> >> >> > available > in >>> >> >> > your DVD region. Judging by your post headers, it appears >>> >> >> > that >>you >>> >> >> > are posting from the Near East, and that is in DVD Region 2. >>> >> >> > You >>> can >>> >> >> > purchase season 1 through 6 Buffy DVDs through Amazon UK, if >>> >> >> > I am >>> not >>> >> >> > mistaken. >>> >> >> >>> >> >> And if i don't have a DVD player? >>> >> > >>> >> > Then shell out the $44 and join the modern age. >>> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> >>> >> More like 1,200 Dollars...:-\ >>> > >>> >Apex 1110 DVD Player, Wal-mart $44. Plays >>> >DVD/CD/CDR/DVDR/VCD/photoDisc. Sorry if you live in some tarriffed >>> >beyond credibility country. >>> >>> It can theoretically be turned into a region free player too, if >>> you >>can >>> find the right software and burn a disk. >> >>Strangely I discovered that the fastforward button from the Apex 1100 > remote >>throws up the multiregion menu on the 1110. >>Also plays PAL staright out of the box, and played a few DVDRs that >>played on no other played I've tried them on. >>I sound like a commercial.... > > PAL for sure, but my FF button doesn't give a multiregion choice. > But > I've read that many DVD players are set to fix on a region after some > number of disks from that region are played: it may save 10 cents > over the cost of making several models of individual region players. > I dunno. I just read this stuff. > It just might be that Apex quality control sucks: the first one I > bought had this one tiny fault that the DVD drawer wouldn't open. But > the replacement is fine. > Maybe the Chinese prison inmates forced to make the parts are > sabotaging > them, or the other inmates who put them together are messing around > putting electronics meant for high end players into the cheap models. > But where would we be if it wasn't for Asian cheap or forced > labour? A $1,200 DVD might be a cheap model, if it was made in > the USA with US > union wages. > is there any way to watch a certain Buffy episode without buying a DVD player which i do not need anyway?

2003-04-23 16:52:39+00:00 - Re: Nevermind it - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <io8dav4jnbhcfhjr0aaspgj8e0oklbgisv@4ax.com>, Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer <rickramey@qhotmail.com> wrote: > On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:11:41 +0000 (UTC), Racheli > > > >is there any way to watch a certain Buffy episode without buying a DVD > >player which i do not need anyway? > > I believe Windows Media Player 9 will player them okay. At least it > does on mine. i assume that you are talking about mpeg files, or some variant of a burned VCD/SVCD disk there are many programs that can play such disks. media player is one, I believe realplayer can handle the mpegs, not sure about if they are burned as a vcd. Quicktime can handle them if it's a VCD or VCDmpeg (it's not so good with the SVCD formatted ones). plus there are around a dozen 'vcd player' programs you can get for free off places like download.com you can always go to the binary groups, download the eps and then burn each one to a disk as a plain mpeg (instead of doing the more complicated vcd/svcd setup). if you have access to the groups via your regular ISP (so you don't have to pay extra) then I recommend that you get the SD-6 encodes, especially if you are getting Angel. they are a SVCD style mpeg which means that you get higher quality files. this is very important when it's something that has lots of dark scenes (like Angel) because all that shades of dark grey and black start to blend together when you compress too much and you get artifacts (those nasty visible blocks in the picture).

[...]

2003-04-25 23:03:33+00:00 - Re: Nevermind it - (Racheli <cool-girl@newmail.net>)

Here's the story: I live in Israel, where the attitude towards the Buffy fans is quite disgracing, if you ask me. But there was a miracle, and a little poor TV station has purchased some episodes- seasons 1-4, and now even 5! They broadcasted seasons 1-3, and it was great (there was a problem with season 4, but I'm working on it). Now they're broadcasting a weekly episode from the 5th season, with Hebrew subtitles, but it doesn't mean much to me 'cause I've already seen it on Star World. Anyhow- I missed some episodes, including "Phases" and "Halloween", from the second season, which I was told, that were very nice and it is a pity that I missed them. About a month ago I got myself a faster internet connection, and thought to myself: there's no real chance that the channel will broadcast the earlier episodes, because their contract is over, but my friends download whole seasons of series like Charmed and Smallville, why shouldn't I just download a Buffy episode or two? But the Kazaa's super slow, the eMule can't really find sources for download for some reason, the WinMX don't get along with my HTTP Proxy, the iMesh can't register itself, there's no Buffy episodes on the actual websites and the IRC gives me trouble, so I turned to what seemed to me as a nice and full of Buffy-knowledge newsgroup in seek of help, but I guess that I was wrong, 'cause you people only try to sell me DVD players and lecture me about watching TV in stations that I can't even watch from Israel. Well- thank you very much for the support. Racheli.