FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-06 19:06:05-05:00 - Graduation Day - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

So, I've seen Graduation Day like 100 times now. I cried, and I laughed, and I cried, and I laughed, and I cheered, and I loved. Everyone of them. Giles, Xander, Buffy, Angel, Cordelia, Oz, Willow, Faith, The Mayor, Wesley, everyone. Whedon was there, and Espenson, and Petrie. They did it once, and if they do it one more time before the show ends, I can die happy. -- Shannon If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right.

2003-02-06 19:18:31-05:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 19:06:05 -0500, "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote: >So, I've seen Graduation Day like 100 times now. I cried, and I laughed, >and I cried, and I laughed, and I cheered, and I loved. Everyone of them. >Giles, Xander, Buffy, Angel, Cordelia, Oz, Willow, Faith, The Mayor, Wesley, >everyone. > >Whedon was there, and Espenson, and Petrie. They did it once, and if they >do it one more time before the show ends, I can die happy. But but, but THEY KILLED LARRY!!! Xander and Larry 4EVA. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes) email: egk-nospam-@hotmail.com

2003-02-06 20:29:14-05:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 00:46:56 GMT, sillyman@famous.com wrote: >On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:18:31 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > > >> >>But but, but THEY KILLED LARRY!!! >> >>Xander and Larry 4EVA. > >Yeah, but Larry was an asshole. And Xander and Larry could never have >worked. Well, maybe in prison. Larry wasn't an asshole in season 3 at all. He even died fighting against the Mayor ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes) email: egk-nospam-@hotmail.com

2003-02-06 21:52:39-05:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 02:07:03 GMT, sillyman@famous.com wrote: >On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:29:14 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > > >> >>Larry wasn't an asshole in season 3 at all. He even died fighting against >>the Mayor > > >So did Snyder. What's your point? > >And now that I've been snide, was Larry in season 3 except for the >end? I haven't looked at my eps on CD in months. Larry's big scenes in season 3 include two of the funniest excerpts from the whole series. He also appears in Graduation. The first is near the beginning of Anne, the season premiere. Larry: This is our year, I'm telling you. Best football season ever. I'm so in shape, I'm a rock. (they stop by the vending machines) It's all about egg whites. If we can focus, keep discipline, and not have quite as many mysterious deaths, Sunnydale is gonna *rule*! His other big scene is in Earshot where Xander is questioning him when they were looking for a possible killer. Larry and Xander are sitting at a table. LARRY: What? Talk louder dude. XANDER: I'm just saying... it's gotta be frustrating...having this secret. You gotta be kinda filling up with resentment...(he laughs nervously) Unexpressed rage, just waiting to burst out? Today at lunch? LARRY: What secret? (loudly) Being GAY? Xander looks around, totally freaked. LARRY: Man, I'm *out*! I'm so out, I've got my grandma fixing me up with guys! XANDER: That's, uh.. nice. LARRY: But it sounds like... you're having a rough time with it? Look, just do it. (Freddy runs past in the background...) That weird Freddy Iverson guy, that does the school paper? XANDER: He's gay? LARRY: No dude, but... I bet he'd put in like a 'coming out' announcement for you. Something tasteful. Xander, for once, is speechless. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes) email: egk-nospam-@hotmail.com

2003-02-07 00:46:56+00:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (sillyman@famous.com)

2003-02-07 02:07:03+00:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (sillyman@famous.com)

2003-02-07 02:31:13-06:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (Barb <noway@yahoo.com>)

"DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ueucnQHdc_l0Zd-jXTWcrg@comcast.com... > So, I've seen Graduation Day like 100 times now. I cried, and I laughed, > and I cried, and I laughed, and I cheered, and I loved. Everyone of them. > Giles, Xander, Buffy, Angel, Cordelia, Oz, Willow, Faith, The Mayor, Wesley, > everyone. > > Whedon was there, and Espenson, and Petrie. They did it once, and if they > do it one more time before the show ends, I can die happy. > > -- > Shannon > If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right. > > I watched Graduation Day on FX earlier!! I've come to the conclusion that I've forgotten lots about what specifically happened in earlier seasons....the scene with Willow and Angel where he was delirious and thought she was Buffy..where he says he can't leave and doesn't want to be without her (I cried!...then I wondered why Willow didn't tell Buffy ;-( And, I had totally forgotten that the Mayor tried to suffocate Buffy in the hospital. And, damn those Scoobies for looking at Angel like a cold blooded monster, after he had just saved her life from the Mayor. Dang, she had to hit him to get him to vamp and feed from her! I had also completely forgotten about the dream sequence where Faith tells Buffy basically how to defeat the Mayor. And, I never did remember when Harmony got turned, and now I know!!! I really have to get the DVD sets...I have lots to remember! Barb

2003-02-07 05:41:46-06:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (Barb <noway@yahoo.com>)

"CMK1996" <cmk1996@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030207034110.09255.00000359@mb-fn.aol.com... > >Subject: Re: Graduation Day > >From: "Barb" noway@yahoo.com > >Date: 2/7/2003 3:31 AM Eastern Standard Time > >Message-id: <b1vqsl$17m3vl$1@ID-148497.news.dfncis.de> > > > > > >"DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in message > >news:ueucnQHdc_l0Zd-jXTWcrg@comcast.com... > >> So, I've seen Graduation Day like 100 times now. I cried, and I laughed, > >> and I cried, and I laughed, and I cheered, and I loved. Everyone of them. > >> Giles, Xander, Buffy, Angel, Cordelia, Oz, Willow, Faith, The Mayor, > >Wesley, > >> everyone. > >> > >> Whedon was there, and Espenson, and Petrie. They did it once, and if they > >> do it one more time before the show ends, I can die happy. > >> > >> -- > >> Shannon > >> If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right. > >> > >> > > > >I watched Graduation Day on FX earlier!! I've come to the conclusion that > >I've forgotten lots about what specifically happened in earlier > >seasons....the scene with Willow and Angel where he was delirious and > >thought she was Buffy..where he says he can't leave and doesn't want to be > >without her (I cried!...then I wondered why Willow didn't tell Buffy ;-( > > > >And, I had totally forgotten that the Mayor tried to suffocate Buffy in the > >hospital. And, damn those Scoobies for looking at Angel like a cold blooded > >monster, after he had just saved her life from the Mayor. Dang, she had to > >hit him to get him to vamp and feed from her! I had also completely > >forgotten about the dream sequence where Faith tells Buffy basically how to > >defeat the Mayor. > > > >And, I never did remember when Harmony got turned, and now I know!!! > > Well, not really, because we see her get bitten, but we never see her drink > from the vamp and it's too chaotic, mid-battle, for that to have happened. A > little bit of recon, really. OK -- so what are you saying...do we ever see Harmony actually get turned??? I remember she just shows up one epi all vampy... And, if she didn't get turned on Graduation day, then why isn't she dead??? That vamp looked mighty businesslike to me, and no one was really paying attention at that point, so he could have easily drank her dry. Barb

2003-02-07 08:41:10+00:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (cmk1996@aol.com)

2003-02-07 09:20:08-06:00 - Re: Graduation Day - ("Rev. Cyohtee - O'k�home Ehohatse" <cyohtee@barbarian.org>)

Out of the ether EGK <me@privacy.net> rose up and issued forth: >On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 02:07:03 GMT, sillyman@famous.com wrote: > >>On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:29:14 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: >> >> >>> >>>Larry wasn't an asshole in season 3 at all. He even died fighting against >>>the Mayor >> >> >>So did Snyder. What's your point? >> >>And now that I've been snide, was Larry in season 3 except for the >>end? I haven't looked at my eps on CD in months. > >Larry's big scenes in season 3 include two of the funniest excerpts from the >whole series. He also appears in Graduation. The first is near the >beginning of Anne, the season premiere. > >Larry: This is our year, I'm telling you. Best football season ever. >I'm so in shape, I'm a rock. (they stop by the vending machines) It's >all about egg whites. If we can focus, keep discipline, and not have >quite as many mysterious deaths, Sunnydale is gonna *rule*! > >His other big scene is in Earshot where Xander is questioning him when they >were looking for a possible killer. > >Larry and Xander are sitting at a table. > >LARRY: What? Talk louder dude. >XANDER: I'm just saying... it's gotta be frustrating...having this secret. >You >gotta be kinda filling up with resentment...(he laughs nervously) >Unexpressed >rage, just waiting to burst out? Today at lunch? >LARRY: What secret? (loudly) Being GAY? > >Xander looks around, totally freaked. > >LARRY: Man, I'm *out*! I'm so out, I've got my grandma fixing me up with >guys! >XANDER: That's, uh.. nice. >LARRY: But it sounds like... you're having a rough time with it? Look, just >do >it. (Freddy runs past in the background...) That weird Freddy Iverson guy, >that >does the school paper? >XANDER: He's gay? >LARRY: No dude, but... I bet he'd put in like a 'coming out' announcement >for >you. Something tasteful. > >Xander, for once, is speechless. > Plus Larry was one of the White Hats, working with Giles, in Doppelgangland. -- Cyo cyohtee@ucan.foad.org http://www.barbarian.org/~cyohtee http://www.barbarian.org "I have a dream; a dream that all people -- human, Jem'Hadar, Ferengi, Cardassians -- will someday stand together in peace... around my Dabo tables." -- Quark

2003-02-07 09:29:37-08:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (Dave Wilton <dave@wilton.net>)

On 07 Feb 2003 08:41:10 GMT, cmk1996@aol.com (CMK1996) wrote: >>And, I never did remember when Harmony got turned, and now I know!!! > >Well, not really, because we see her get bitten, but we never see her drink >from the vamp and it's too chaotic, mid-battle, for that to have happened. A >little bit of recon, really. Not a true retcon. They didn't change anything that had come before; we just don't see her actually be turned. (Speaking of which, do we ever see anyone drinking the vampire's blood and being turned, other than Angel being turned by Darla? All the others happen off camera.) We see her get bitten. The next time we see her, she is a vamp. So sometime between that bite and the next fall, she is turned. The vamp could have dragged Harmony off to one side of the mob and finished the job. Or, perhaps more logically, he didn't drain her. Harmony survives Graduation Day, only to run into another vamp and be turned sometime in the coming weeks or months. Same deal with Sandy in Doppelgangland. In all liklihood Willow didn't finish her off (we see lots of vamps keeping people around for days, barely alive). Later on, off camera, Willow or one of the other vamps in the Bronze decides to turn her. --Dave Wilton dave@wilton.net http://www.wordorigins.org

2003-02-07 09:40:18-08:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (salmoneous@aol.com)

2003-02-07 10:15:55-05:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (EGK <me@privacy.net>)

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 09:20:08 -0600, Rev. Cyohtee - O'k�home Ehohatse <cyohtee@barbarian.org> wrote: >Out of the ether EGK <me@privacy.net> rose up and issued forth: > >>On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 02:07:03 GMT, sillyman@famous.com wrote: >> >>>On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:29:14 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: >>> >>> >>>> >>>>Larry wasn't an asshole in season 3 at all. He even died fighting against >>>>the Mayor >>> >>> >>>So did Snyder. What's your point? >>> >>>And now that I've been snide, was Larry in season 3 except for the >>>end? I haven't looked at my eps on CD in months. >> >>Larry's big scenes in season 3 include two of the funniest excerpts from the >>whole series. He also appears in Graduation. The first is near the >>beginning of Anne, the season premiere. >Plus Larry was one of the White Hats, working with Giles, in >Doppelgangland. You mean The Wish but thanks for reminding me. I knew he had appeared other times that year. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes) email: egk-nospam-@hotmail.com

2003-02-07 10:49:22-05:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

"Barb" <noway@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b1vqsl$17m3vl$1@ID-148497.news.dfncis.de... > > "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:ueucnQHdc_l0Zd-jXTWcrg@comcast.com... > > So, I've seen Graduation Day like 100 times now. I cried, and I laughed, > > and I cried, and I laughed, and I cheered, and I loved. Everyone of them. > > Giles, Xander, Buffy, Angel, Cordelia, Oz, Willow, Faith, The Mayor, > Wesley, > > everyone. > > > > Whedon was there, and Espenson, and Petrie. They did it once, and if they > > do it one more time before the show ends, I can die happy. > > > > -- > > Shannon > > If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right. > > > > > > I watched Graduation Day on FX earlier!! I've come to the conclusion that > I've forgotten lots about what specifically happened in earlier > seasons....the scene with Willow and Angel where he was delirious and > thought she was Buffy..where he says he can't leave and doesn't want to be > without her (I cried!...then I wondered why Willow didn't tell Buffy ;-( > > And, I had totally forgotten that the Mayor tried to suffocate Buffy in the > hospital. And, damn those Scoobies for looking at Angel like a cold blooded > monster, after he had just saved her life from the Mayor. Dang, she had to > hit him to get him to vamp and feed from her! I had also completely > forgotten about the dream sequence where Faith tells Buffy basically how to > defeat the Mayor. > > And, I never did remember when Harmony got turned, and now I know!!! > > I really have to get the DVD sets...I have lots to remember! > I've been thinking about it, too. So many memorable moments packed into a couple of episodes. When Angel busts down the door in the hospital and it literally busts into peices. He realizes, and we realize, just what impact draining Buffy had on him. He's no ordinary souled vampire anymore, he's a superhero. The Mayor grieving over Faith. Faith in Buffy's dream. Xander getting to lord it over Angel. Principal Snyder bitching at the Mayor in full snake demon regalia. Buffy and Angel saying goodbye. Giles telling Buffy congratulations. We're lucky to get half that many memorable moments in an entire season, anymore. -- Shannon If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right. > >

2003-02-07 11:43:30+00:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (Ken <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

<sillyman@famous.com> wrote in message news:3e43bdbd.1956918@news.telus.net... > On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:29:14 -0500, EGK <me@privacy.net> wrote: > > > > > >Larry wasn't an asshole in season 3 at all. He even died fighting against > >the Mayor > > > So did Snyder. What's your point? > > And now that I've been snide, was Larry in season 3 except for the > end? I haven't looked at my eps on CD in months. Larry could be redeemed. -- Ken from Chicago

2003-02-07 14:08:35-05:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <20030207034110.09255.00000359@mb-fn.aol.com>, CMK1996 <cmk1996@aol.com> wrote: > >Subject: Re: Graduation Day > >From: "Barb" noway@yahoo.com > >Date: 2/7/2003 3:31 AM Eastern Standard Time > >Message-id: <b1vqsl$17m3vl$1@ID-148497.news.dfncis.de> > >And, I never did remember when Harmony got turned, and now I know!!! > > Well, not really, because we see her get bitten, but we never see her drink > from the vamp and it's too chaotic, mid-battle, for that to have happened. A > little bit of recon, really. Not really a retcon, since they never show us anything about what happened to Harm after the vamp sunk her teeth into Harm's neck. There are dozens of scenarios that don't contradict what we saw on screen in any way that could lead to vamp Harmony. (One is that the vamp didn't kill Harmony, she survived the battle, and then ran into another vamp two weeks later.) -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-02-08 17:18:48-05:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"Barb" <noway@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b1vqsl$17m3vl$1@ID-148497.news.dfncis.de... > > "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:ueucnQHdc_l0Zd-jXTWcrg@comcast.com... > > So, I've seen Graduation Day like 100 times now. I cried, and I laughed, > > and I cried, and I laughed, and I cheered, and I loved. Everyone of them. > > Giles, Xander, Buffy, Angel, Cordelia, Oz, Willow, Faith, The Mayor, > Wesley, > > everyone. > > > > Whedon was there, and Espenson, and Petrie. They did it once, and if they > > do it one more time before the show ends, I can die happy. > > > > -- > > Shannon > > If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right. > > > > > > I watched Graduation Day on FX earlier!! I've come to the conclusion that > I've forgotten lots about what specifically happened in earlier > seasons....the scene with Willow and Angel where he was delirious and > thought she was Buffy..where he says he can't leave and doesn't want to be > without her (I cried!...then I wondered why Willow didn't tell Buffy ;-( It's one of my favorite episodes (er, two episodes), and mainly because A) every major character in the cast has a memorable or significant moment, and B) lots of _really_ huge stuff going down in the episode. The only thing i wish the episode improved is the presence of other familiar non-Scooby Sunnydale students. It was great to see Harmony, Larry, Percy, and Jonathan. However, it would have been _really_ great and epic if they shoed guys like Hogan Martin, or even guys from the first two seasons like Chris Epps or Owen Thurman. Yes, I realize that the "round up the students" bit that was done with Harmony and Percy would have to be kept short, but it would have been great if the one shot guys got at least a cameo in the fight scene. But yeah, those two episodes provided more memorable moments than any other two episodes in the series aside from perhaps parts 1 and 2 of "Becoming" or "Surprise/Innocence". Arnold Kim

[...]

2003-02-11 15:05:01+00:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

DarkMagic wrote: > So, I've seen Graduation Day like 100 times now. I cried, and I laughed, > and I cried, and I laughed, and I cheered, and I loved. Everyone of them. > Giles, Xander, Buffy, Angel, Cordelia, Oz, Willow, Faith, The Mayor, > Wesley, everyone. > > Whedon was there, and Espenson, and Petrie. They did it once, and if they > do it one more time before the show ends, I can die happy. I'm not convinced Espenson and Petrie were there. Both episodes are credited to Joss Whedon. John Briggs

2003-02-11 17:26:31+00:00 - Re: Graduation Day - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <Ji82a.388$WR4.2357@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net>, "John Briggs" <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com> wrote: > I'm not convinced Espenson and Petrie were there. Both episodes are > credited to Joss Whedon. Unless they were off writing eps that aired just before GD, then they were there. At least for the story breaking. And likely for the rewrite notes session. (where's that link that was posted with the article about the Buffy writing process)