FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-08 18:16:13-08:00 - SMG - (DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com)

Sarah Michelle Gellar was saying on E that she first got the role of Cordelia before she got Buffy. If SMG had remained with the Cordelia role who would have gotten the role of Buffy?

2003-02-08 21:42:13-06:00 - Re: SMG - (Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com>)

In article <d9f58d9d.0302081816.10157339@posting.google.com>, DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com says... > Sarah Michelle Gellar was saying on E that she first got the role > of Cordelia before she got Buffy. > > If SMG had remained with the Cordelia role who > would have gotten the role of Buffy? > Probably Katie Holmes

2003-02-08 22:52:14-05:00 - Re: SMG - (X-calibur <X-calibur@comcast.net>)

Yeah, and Katie Holmes was offered the role of Buffy but declined. Things would have been different. "dw" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d9f58d9d.0302081816.10157339@posting.google.com... > Sarah Michelle Gellar was saying on E that she first got the role > of Cordelia before she got Buffy. > > If SMG had remained with the Cordelia role who > would have gotten the role of Buffy?

2003-02-09 10:08:25-04:00 - Re: SMG - (Jessica <jessica@bermudachins.com>)

Faith or Hope <faithorhope@aol.com> wrote in message news:20030209085115.15305.00000201@mb-df.aol.com... > I thought Charisma Carpenter was up for Buffy and they decided not to go with a > brunette to stay true to the Joss idea of the airhead blonde saving the world SMG is a brunette, she dyes her hair.

2003-02-09 10:49:33+00:00 - Re: SMG - (Harry the Horse <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com>)

"X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IKqcnbTo367-TdijXTWcqw@comcast.com... > Yeah, and Katie Holmes was offered the role of Buffy but declined. Things > would have been different. > Is that not an urban myth?

2003-02-09 13:28:42-05:00 - Re: SMG - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <1044787562.67856.0@demeter.uk.clara.net>, Harry the Horse <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com> wrote: > "X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:IKqcnbTo367-TdijXTWcqw@comcast.com... > > Yeah, and Katie Holmes was offered the role of Buffy but declined. Things > > would have been different. > > > Is that not an urban myth? Katie Holmes' official publicity bio says she turned it down, but WGF did a nice "publicity bio to English" piece a while back which translates "Katie was offered the part of Buffy Summers in the WB's 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer.' However she declined in order to complete her high school education." to "She auditioned for the part, but they turned her down, so she went back to school." Joss has said several times that he never considered anyone other than SMG once she had read for the part. I saw an interview with SMG a while back during which she talked about the audition process for Buffy, and according to her, there were two actresses up for the part, and they kept calling them both back over and over to audition for new sets of network and studio execs, until they finally selected her, but she never identified who the other actress was. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-02-09 13:51:15+00:00 - Re: SMG - (faithorhope@aol.com)

2003-02-09 18:53:25-05:00 - Re: SMG - (X-calibur <X-calibur@comcast.net>)

I am pretty sure I read it in Maxim magazine a few years ago. It was a real source, not something online. I remember b/c it cracked me up. I started think of her character Joey Potter going against a vamp. She would complain, contemplate, and then confuse a vamp with her vocabulary. The vamp would stake himself. :) "Harry the Horse" <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1044787562.67856.0@demeter.uk.clara.net... > "X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:IKqcnbTo367-TdijXTWcqw@comcast.com... > > Yeah, and Katie Holmes was offered the role of Buffy but declined. Things > > would have been different. > > > Is that not an urban myth? > > > >

2003-02-09 18:53:25-05:00 - Re: SMG - (X-calibur <X-calibur@comcast.net>)

I am pretty sure I read it in Maxim magazine a few years ago. It was a real source, not something online. I remember b/c it cracked me up. I started think of her character Joey Potter going against a vamp. She would complain, contemplate, and then confuse a vamp with her vocabulary. The vamp would stake himself. :) "Harry the Horse" <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1044787562.67856.0@demeter.uk.clara.net... > "X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:IKqcnbTo367-TdijXTWcqw@comcast.com... > > Yeah, and Katie Holmes was offered the role of Buffy but declined. Things > > would have been different. > > > Is that not an urban myth? > > > >

2003-02-09 19:13:56+00:00 - Re: SMG - (faithorhope@aol.com)

Yeah, but we've seen how CC looks with blonde hair, now haven't we....

2003-02-09 19:13:56+00:00 - Re: SMG - (faithorhope@aol.com)

Yeah, but we've seen how CC looks with blonde hair, now haven't we....

2003-02-09 19:31:32+00:00 - Re: SMG - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

Don Sample wrote: > Joss has said several times that he never considered anyone other than > SMG once she had read for the part. Supposedly, Charisma read for the part also (her cheerleading skills likely gave her a slight edge). But then Sarah read for Buffy and Charisma read for Cordelia and both of them clicked in those roles.

2003-02-09 19:31:32+00:00 - Re: SMG - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

Don Sample wrote: > Joss has said several times that he never considered anyone other than > SMG once she had read for the part. Supposedly, Charisma read for the part also (her cheerleading skills likely gave her a slight edge). But then Sarah read for Buffy and Charisma read for Cordelia and both of them clicked in those roles.

2003-02-09 19:34:30+00:00 - Re: SMG - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

Don Sample wrote: > > > Katie Holmes' official publicity bio says she turned it down, but WGF > did a nice "publicity bio to English" piece a while back which > translates "Katie was offered the part of Buffy Summers in the WB's > 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer.' However she declined in order to complete > her high school education." to "She auditioned for the part, but they > turned her down, so she went back to school." Why is it that folks automatically believe that publicity folks are lying out their asses. It's quite likely that Katie wasn't offered the part. It's just as likely that she was and said no, given the time commitment. and then Sarah came along and did her audition and it didn't matter anymore cause she was so perfect for the role. In the end, does it really matter.

2003-02-09 22:05:16-05:00 - Re: SMG - (Tom Breton <tehom@REMOVEpanNOSPAMix.com>)

"X-calibur" <X-calibur@comcast.net> writes: > Yeah, and Katie Holmes was offered the role of Buffy but declined. Things > would have been different. I keep hearing this, and nobody ever gives a persuasive source. As far as I can tell, the only source is Katie or her publicist. Joss, in particular, says no (posting board). > "dw" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:d9f58d9d.0302081816.10157339@posting.google.com... > > Sarah Michelle Gellar was saying on E that she first got the role > > of Cordelia before she got Buffy. > > > > If SMG had remained with the Cordelia role who > > would have gotten the role of Buffy? > > -- Tom Breton at panix.com, username tehom. http://www.panix.com/~tehom

2003-02-10 11:16:00+00:00 - Re: SMG - (Harry the Horse <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com>)

"PJ Browning" <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:3E46AD87.5090302@pacbell.net... > > > Don Sample wrote: > > > > > > Katie Holmes' official publicity bio says she turned it down, but WGF > > did a nice "publicity bio to English" piece a while back which > > translates "Katie was offered the part of Buffy Summers in the WB's > > 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer.' However she declined in order to complete > > her high school education." to "She auditioned for the part, but they > > turned her down, so she went back to school." > > Why is it that folks automatically believe that publicity folks are > lying out their asses. > > It's quite likely that Katie wasn't offered the part. It's just as > likely that she was and said no, given the time commitment. and then > Sarah came along and did her audition and it didn't matter anymore cause > she was so perfect for the role. > > In the end, does it really matter. > No of course not but it's fun to imagine 'what if' scenarios. It's quite possible that even if Joss had offered the role to another actress, he might not want to mention it now. Frankly I find the story about Holmes declining the role of Buffy to be less than credible. Given the drive & commitment that's necessary to achieve anything in showbiz, I can't believe that any actress offered such a role would not jump at it.

2003-02-10 13:13:42+00:00 - Re: SMG - (faithorhope@aol.com)

2003-02-11 13:21:34+00:00 - Re: SMG - (Harry the Horse <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com>)

"Justine Jones" <justine@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:memo.20030210201736.50281L@aopz18@xtreme.pipex.net.dial.pipex.com... > In article <QRL1a.4103894$6N5.536983@post-03.news.easynews.com>, > HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com (Harry the Horse) wrote: > > > > Appearing in genre TV is not considered that good for the career as actors > tend to end up only being cast in those shows. > Is Buffy a 'genre' show? Where are the ludicrous Scottish accents and overweight men in unflattering pajama suits?

2003-02-11 18:17:21-05:00 - Re: SMG - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <COe2a.703$vo4.15020@newsfep4-gui.server.ntli.net>, John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com> wrote: > Faith or Hope wrote: > > > > Joss says he wanted SMG from her first reading - then that's probably how > > it was. > > Joss may have wanted her for Buffy, but someone didn't agree with him > (possibly because of his unerring judgment in choosing Riff Regan for > Willow). SMG says that she auditioned for Buffy, then they called her back > to read for Cordelia. She ended up doing screen tests for both roles and > was getting confused. This probably explains why she has mid-brown hair in > the unaired pilot when the script called for blonde. > > John Briggs No. SMG originally auditioned for Cordy, and was told that she had that part, and then they asked her to read for Buffy. The actual Buffy audtion process was so traumatic that by the end of it she was saying "No! No! Not again! I don't want to be Buffy! I'll do Cordy!" -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-02-11 22:28:50+00:00 - Re: SMG - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

2003-02-11 23:52:53+00:00 - Re: SMG - (John Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com>)

Don Sample wrote: > In article <COe2a.703$vo4.15020@newsfep4-gui.server.ntli.net>, John > Briggs <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com> wrote: > >> Faith or Hope wrote: >>> >>> Joss says he wanted SMG from her first reading - then that's probably >>> how it was. >> >> Joss may have wanted her for Buffy, but someone didn't agree with him >> (possibly because of his unerring judgment in choosing Riff Regan for >> Willow). SMG says that she auditioned for Buffy, then they called her >> back to read for Cordelia. She ended up doing screen tests for both >> roles and was getting confused. This probably explains why she has >> mid-brown hair in the unaired pilot when the script called for blonde. >> >> John Briggs > > No. SMG originally auditioned for Cordy, and was told that she had > that part, and then they asked her to read for Buffy. The actual Buffy > audtion process was so traumatic that by the end of it she was saying > "No! No! Not again! I don't want to be Buffy! I'll do Cordy!" Well, she said that it was the Buffy role she wanted, as she didn't want to be typecast as a bitca. (The traumatic bit was that they kept switching between the two roles - enough to confuse a poor girl's hair!) John Briggs

2003-02-12 00:47:11-05:00 - Re: SMG - (Tom Breton <tehom@REMOVEpanNOSPAMix.com>)

"John Briggs" <john.briggs4@ntlworld.com> writes: > Faith or Hope wrote: > > > > > Joss says he wanted SMG from her first reading - then that's probably how > > it was. > > Joss may have wanted her for Buffy, but someone didn't agree with him > (possibly because of his unerring judgment in choosing Riff Regan for > Willow). SMG says that she auditioned for Buffy, then they called her back > to read for Cordelia. She ended up doing screen tests for both roles and > was getting confused. This probably explains why she has mid-brown hair in > the unaired pilot when the script called for blonde. Where did she say this? Usually she says she got the role of Cordy, then begged to audition for Buffy. -- Tom Breton at panix.com, username tehom. http://www.panix.com/~tehom