FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-20 23:31:46-08:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Don Sample wrote: > > > So is Amanda moving into the house too? What will her mother think of > that? As I said in an earlier thread. If my daughter called me and said I won't be home because I just discovered that I'm a potential Vampire Slayer and I'm going to move in with the current Slayer to be trained. Then said, I also need her protection because a bunch hooded guys without eyes are trying to kill me. I'd probably ask a few questions. I'd certainly demand to speak to Buffy. I'd call the school the next day to find out if their counselor was wacko (a very sophisticated psychological term). If I lived anywhere but Sunnydale, I'd call the police.

2003-01-20 23:31:46-08:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Don Sample wrote: > > > So is Amanda moving into the house too? What will her mother think of > that? As I said in an earlier thread. If my daughter called me and said I won't be home because I just discovered that I'm a potential Vampire Slayer and I'm going to move in with the current Slayer to be trained. Then said, I also need her protection because a bunch hooded guys without eyes are trying to kill me. I'd probably ask a few questions. I'd certainly demand to speak to Buffy. I'd call the school the next day to find out if their counselor was wacko (a very sophisticated psychological term). If I lived anywhere but Sunnydale, I'd call the police.

2003-01-21 01:05:25-06:00 - Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. "The black chick always gets it first." Chloe - MIA. No mention of her this week. Maybe she went with Giles. (He's off to pick up a girl in Shanghai.) I could have done with a few fewer of Buffy's lectures.

2003-01-21 11:37:21-08:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

DarkMagic wrote: > > "CC Zona" <cczona@nospam.invalid> wrote in message > news:cczona-61C575.09191821012003@netnews.attbi.com... > > > My big question here is if Dawn isn't the, or even a, potential Slayer > why > > > did she react to Willow's spell? Did Willow screw up the spell? Did > the > > > spell target Dawn because she's made from Buffy? Is Dawn really a > S.I.T.? > > > Would it be too much to ask ME to raise a major plot point question and > > > answer it in the same episode? What's that? I'm dreaming? I thought > so. > > > > They did answer it, just so poorly that you may not have realized it. > Near > > the end of the episode it's revealed that Amanda had gone to the Summers > > house earlier that evening, and was on the other side of the door when > > Dawn appeared to get zapped by the ball of light. The ball of light > > actually passed through Dawn and the door on its way to Amanda. > > Wow! ME did raise the question and answer it in one episode! Miracles do > happen! I didn't realize it because all I know I've gotten from Loey's > review. > Didn't you get the summaries?

2003-01-21 12:08:47-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:3E2CF762.3C748EDA@rcn.com... > Don Sample wrote: > > > > > > > So is Amanda moving into the house too? What will her mother think of > > that? > > As I said in an earlier thread. If my daughter called me and said I > won't be home because I just discovered that I'm a potential Vampire > Slayer and I'm going to move in with the current Slayer to be trained. > Then said, I also need her protection because a bunch hooded guys > without eyes are trying to kill me. I'd probably ask a few questions. > I'd certainly demand to speak to Buffy. I'd call the school the next day > to find out if their counselor was wacko (a very sophisticated > psychological term). If I lived anywhere but Sunnydale, I'd call the > police. Amanda doesn't need to move in, though. As if there would be room for her, anyway. She can adhere to Buffy and the Scooby's tried and true methods for fighting evil under the parental wire, sneaking out and the round robin game. In fact, that's how it *should* be. A big part of becoming a good Slayer is letting your Mom wash blood out of your clothes for a couple of years before confronting her with the inevitable "You don't really know me, why don't you open your eyes and look around" thing. My big question here is if Dawn isn't the, or even a, potential Slayer why did she react to Willow's spell? Did Willow screw up the spell? Did the spell target Dawn because she's made from Buffy? Is Dawn really a S.I.T.? Would it be too much to ask ME to raise a major plot point question and answer it in the same episode? What's that? I'm dreaming? I thought so. -- Shannon If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right.

2003-01-21 12:29:05-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (EGK <egk_nospam_@hotmail.com>)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:08:47 -0500, "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote: > > >"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message >news:3E2CF762.3C748EDA@rcn.com... >> Don Sample wrote: >> > >> >> > >> > So is Amanda moving into the house too? What will her mother think of >> > that? >> >> As I said in an earlier thread. If my daughter called me and said I >> won't be home because I just discovered that I'm a potential Vampire >> Slayer and I'm going to move in with the current Slayer to be trained. >> Then said, I also need her protection because a bunch hooded guys >> without eyes are trying to kill me. I'd probably ask a few questions. >> I'd certainly demand to speak to Buffy. I'd call the school the next day >> to find out if their counselor was wacko (a very sophisticated >> psychological term). If I lived anywhere but Sunnydale, I'd call the >> police. > >Amanda doesn't need to move in, though. As if there would be room for her, >anyway. She can adhere to Buffy and the Scooby's tried and true methods for >fighting evil under the parental wire, sneaking out and the round robin >game. In fact, that's how it *should* be. A big part of becoming a good >Slayer is letting your Mom wash blood out of your clothes for a couple of >years before confronting her with the inevitable "You don't really know me, >why don't you open your eyes and look around" thing. But you're missing the point they showed in this episode that the FE and the bringers know who Amanda is now and their objective is to kill all the SIT's. There's no way Buffy would be able to protect her from them if she's still living at home and going to school. They dont have to be invited in like vampires. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2003-01-21 12:30:51-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

"CC Zona" <cczona@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:cczona-61C575.09191821012003@netnews.attbi.com... > > My big question here is if Dawn isn't the, or even a, potential Slayer why > > did she react to Willow's spell? Did Willow screw up the spell? Did the > > spell target Dawn because she's made from Buffy? Is Dawn really a S.I.T.? > > Would it be too much to ask ME to raise a major plot point question and > > answer it in the same episode? What's that? I'm dreaming? I thought so. > > They did answer it, just so poorly that you may not have realized it. Near > the end of the episode it's revealed that Amanda had gone to the Summers > house earlier that evening, and was on the other side of the door when > Dawn appeared to get zapped by the ball of light. The ball of light > actually passed through Dawn and the door on its way to Amanda. Wow! ME did raise the question and answer it in one episode! Miracles do happen! I didn't realize it because all I know I've gotten from Loey's review. Shannon If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right.

2003-01-21 14:06:23-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

"EGK" <egk_nospam_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8m0r2vkdithug08t7r94ialqrjrlfm5s93@4ax.com... > On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:08:47 -0500, "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> > wrote: > > > > > > >"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > >news:3E2CF762.3C748EDA@rcn.com... > >> Don Sample wrote: > >> > > >> > >> > > >> > So is Amanda moving into the house too? What will her mother think of > >> > that? > >> > >> As I said in an earlier thread. If my daughter called me and said I > >> won't be home because I just discovered that I'm a potential Vampire > >> Slayer and I'm going to move in with the current Slayer to be trained. > >> Then said, I also need her protection because a bunch hooded guys > >> without eyes are trying to kill me. I'd probably ask a few questions. > >> I'd certainly demand to speak to Buffy. I'd call the school the next day > >> to find out if their counselor was wacko (a very sophisticated > >> psychological term). If I lived anywhere but Sunnydale, I'd call the > >> police. > > > >Amanda doesn't need to move in, though. As if there would be room for her, > >anyway. She can adhere to Buffy and the Scooby's tried and true methods for > >fighting evil under the parental wire, sneaking out and the round robin > >game. In fact, that's how it *should* be. A big part of becoming a good > >Slayer is letting your Mom wash blood out of your clothes for a couple of > >years before confronting her with the inevitable "You don't really know me, > >why don't you open your eyes and look around" thing. > > But you're missing the point they showed in this episode that the FE and the > bringers know who Amanda is now and their objective is to kill all the > SIT's. There's no way Buffy would be able to protect her from them if she's > still living at home and going to school. They dont have to be invited in > like vampires. > Okay, I get it. Amanda needs to be protected from the Harbingers. Well, I guess she will have to move in with Buffy then. Move over Spike. > -- Shannon If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right.

2003-01-21 14:13:01-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (EGK <egk_nospam_@hotmail.com>)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:06:23 -0500, "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote: > > >"EGK" <egk_nospam_@hotmail.com> wrote in message >news:8m0r2vkdithug08t7r94ialqrjrlfm5s93@4ax.com... >> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:08:47 -0500, "DarkMagic" ><slnospambilan@comcast.net> >> wrote: >> >> > >> > >> >"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message >> >news:3E2CF762.3C748EDA@rcn.com... >> >> Don Sample wrote: >> >> > >> >> >> >> > >> >> > So is Amanda moving into the house too? What will her mother think >of >> >> > that? >> >> >> >> As I said in an earlier thread. If my daughter called me and said I >> >> won't be home because I just discovered that I'm a potential Vampire >> >> Slayer and I'm going to move in with the current Slayer to be trained. >> >> Then said, I also need her protection because a bunch hooded guys >> >> without eyes are trying to kill me. I'd probably ask a few questions. >> >> I'd certainly demand to speak to Buffy. I'd call the school the next >day >> >> to find out if their counselor was wacko (a very sophisticated >> >> psychological term). If I lived anywhere but Sunnydale, I'd call the >> >> police. >> > >> >Amanda doesn't need to move in, though. As if there would be room for >her, >> >anyway. She can adhere to Buffy and the Scooby's tried and true methods >for >> >fighting evil under the parental wire, sneaking out and the round robin >> >game. In fact, that's how it *should* be. A big part of becoming a good >> >Slayer is letting your Mom wash blood out of your clothes for a couple of >> >years before confronting her with the inevitable "You don't really know >me, >> >why don't you open your eyes and look around" thing. >> >> But you're missing the point they showed in this episode that the FE and >the >> bringers know who Amanda is now and their objective is to kill all the >> SIT's. There's no way Buffy would be able to protect her from them if >she's >> still living at home and going to school. They dont have to be invited in >> like vampires. >> >Okay, I get it. Amanda needs to be protected from the Harbingers. Well, I >guess she will have to move in with Buffy then. Move over Spike. Oh, and sorry if I included this spoiler. I got the impression from some of your posts that you had also already seen the episode. Then you responded to another after I had already posted this saying you hadn't yet and were only going by Loey's review. But on the other hand, since you read that and are reading all these posts with Spoiler in the header, I guess you dont mind. :) I'm downloading so seeing the episodes early. Otherwise I'm trying to remain as spoiler free as possible. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2003-01-21 14:19:36-08:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

DarkMagic wrote: > > -- > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > > > > > Didn't you get the summaries? > > The ones you were going to email? I didn't get them. Make sure you removed > the nospam from my email address. My yahoo mail seems to be running a > little slow lately and some things clearly addressed to me are ending up in > my spam folder, but I haven't seen anything coming from you in the last two > days. > > Shannon > If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right. I sent three summaries a couple of days ago and I didn't get a bounce so I thought you received them. Send me a blank e-mail and I'll attach them as a reply.

2003-01-21 14:39:15-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

"EGK" <egk_nospam_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:vn6r2v0oemsbv3bk6q5ffng4s1o09ggegf@4ax.com... > On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:06:23 -0500, "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> > wrote: > > > > > > >"EGK" <egk_nospam_@hotmail.com> wrote in message > >news:8m0r2vkdithug08t7r94ialqrjrlfm5s93@4ax.com... > >> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:08:47 -0500, "DarkMagic" > ><slnospambilan@comcast.net> > >> wrote: > >> > >> > > >> > > >> >"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > >> >news:3E2CF762.3C748EDA@rcn.com... > >> >> Don Sample wrote: > >> >> > > >> >> > >> >> > > >> >> > So is Amanda moving into the house too? What will her mother think > >of > >> >> > that? > >> >> > >> >> As I said in an earlier thread. If my daughter called me and said I > >> >> won't be home because I just discovered that I'm a potential Vampire > >> >> Slayer and I'm going to move in with the current Slayer to be trained. > >> >> Then said, I also need her protection because a bunch hooded guys > >> >> without eyes are trying to kill me. I'd probably ask a few questions. > >> >> I'd certainly demand to speak to Buffy. I'd call the school the next > >day > >> >> to find out if their counselor was wacko (a very sophisticated > >> >> psychological term). If I lived anywhere but Sunnydale, I'd call the > >> >> police. > >> > > >> >Amanda doesn't need to move in, though. As if there would be room for > >her, > >> >anyway. She can adhere to Buffy and the Scooby's tried and true methods > >for > >> >fighting evil under the parental wire, sneaking out and the round robin > >> >game. In fact, that's how it *should* be. A big part of becoming a good > >> >Slayer is letting your Mom wash blood out of your clothes for a couple of > >> >years before confronting her with the inevitable "You don't really know > >me, > >> >why don't you open your eyes and look around" thing. > >> > >> But you're missing the point they showed in this episode that the FE and > >the > >> bringers know who Amanda is now and their objective is to kill all the > >> SIT's. There's no way Buffy would be able to protect her from them if > >she's > >> still living at home and going to school. They dont have to be invited in > >> like vampires. > >> > >Okay, I get it. Amanda needs to be protected from the Harbingers. Well, I > >guess she will have to move in with Buffy then. Move over Spike. > > Oh, and sorry if I included this spoiler. I got the impression from some of > your posts that you had also already seen the episode. Then you responded > to another after I had already posted this saying you hadn't yet and were > only going by Loey's review. > > But on the other hand, since you read that and are reading all these posts > with Spoiler in the header, I guess you dont mind. :) I'm downloading so > seeing the episodes early. Otherwise I'm trying to remain as spoiler free > as possible. > I don't mind being spoiled. In fact, I've never found a spoiler that spoils the show. I hate surprises, though. I wish someone would hand me an agenda every morning for exactly what I might expect that day. IMO, no surprise is a good surprise. > > -- Shannon If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right.

2003-01-21 14:55:09-06:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <ACOdnXnnUYyP4rCjXTWcpg@comcast.com>, DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote: > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > news:3E2CF762.3C748EDA@rcn.com... > > Don Sample wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > So is Amanda moving into the house too? What will her mother think of > > > that? > > > > As I said in an earlier thread. If my daughter called me and said I > > won't be home because I just discovered that I'm a potential Vampire > > Slayer and I'm going to move in with the current Slayer to be trained. > > Then said, I also need her protection because a bunch hooded guys > > without eyes are trying to kill me. I'd probably ask a few questions. > > I'd certainly demand to speak to Buffy. I'd call the school the next day > > to find out if their counselor was wacko (a very sophisticated > > psychological term). If I lived anywhere but Sunnydale, I'd call the > > police. > > > My big question here is if Dawn isn't the, or even a, potential Slayer why > did she react to Willow's spell? Did Willow screw up the spell? Did the > spell target Dawn because she's made from Buffy? Is Dawn really a S.I.T.? > Would it be too much to ask ME to raise a major plot point question and > answer it in the same episode? What's that? I'm dreaming? I thought so. Dawn was just standing in the way. The glowing cloud went *through* her. Rewatching the tape, you can actually see it go through the door behind her if you're paying attention. (Amanda of course was standing just outside.) It just left behind a little residue. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-01-21 14:58:22-07:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (William George Ferguson <william.george.ferguson@domail.maricopa.edu>)

"DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote: >"EGK" <egk_nospam_@hotmail.com> wrote in message >news:8m0r2vkdithug08t7r94ialqrjrlfm5s93@4ax.com... >> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:08:47 -0500, "DarkMagic" ><slnospambilan@comcast.net> >> wrote: >> >> > >> > >> >"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message >> >news:3E2CF762.3C748EDA@rcn.com... >> >> Don Sample wrote: >> >> > >> >> >> >> > >> >> > So is Amanda moving into the house too? What will her mother think >of >> >> > that? >> >> >> >> As I said in an earlier thread. If my daughter called me and said I >> >> won't be home because I just discovered that I'm a potential Vampire >> >> Slayer and I'm going to move in with the current Slayer to be trained. >> >> Then said, I also need her protection because a bunch hooded guys >> >> without eyes are trying to kill me. I'd probably ask a few questions. >> >> I'd certainly demand to speak to Buffy. I'd call the school the next >day >> >> to find out if their counselor was wacko (a very sophisticated >> >> psychological term). If I lived anywhere but Sunnydale, I'd call the >> >> police. >> > >> >Amanda doesn't need to move in, though. As if there would be room for >her, >> >anyway. She can adhere to Buffy and the Scooby's tried and true methods >for >> >fighting evil under the parental wire, sneaking out and the round robin >> >game. In fact, that's how it *should* be. A big part of becoming a good >> >Slayer is letting your Mom wash blood out of your clothes for a couple of >> >years before confronting her with the inevitable "You don't really know >me, >> >why don't you open your eyes and look around" thing. >> >> But you're missing the point they showed in this episode that the FE and >the >> bringers know who Amanda is now and their objective is to kill all the >> SIT's. There's no way Buffy would be able to protect her from them if >she's >> still living at home and going to school. They dont have to be invited in >> like vampires. >> >Okay, I get it. Amanda needs to be protected from the Harbingers. Well, I >guess she will have to move in with Buffy then. Move over Spike. > The thing about the Bringers is that their two most effective tools are numbers and surprise. They managed to kill a whole lot of potential Slayers and Watchers, before anyone realized they were under attack. Once you know what you're dealing with, even a normal human can give a good acount of themselves one on one with a Bringer. With surprise removed, the next thing Buffy should be working on is numbers, aka start hunting Bringers down and killing them wholesale (that's what I thought was likely to start in this ep). You not only remove appendages from the First, it's possible that the First needs a certain critical mass of Bringers in the area to manifest (that may be why it's in 'remission'). -- "Oh Buffy, you really do need to have every square inch of your ass kicked." - Willow Rosenberg

2003-01-21 15:59:15-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (EGK <egk_nospam_@hotmail.com>)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 21:56:05 +0100, Michael Dracon <MichaelDracon@hotmail.com> wrote: >Don Sample wrote: > >> Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > >> >> For all people talk about the writers saying that the Slayer line now >> goes through Faith, every time it has been mentioned *on* *the* *show*, >> people have said that when Buffy dies, a new Slayer will be called. It >> gets said multiple times this week. > > >Again I say: It inspires the troops. > >It actually could make an excelent plot hook when the SiT's find out that Buffy >cannot spawn a new slayer when Faith comes by and tells the truth. Why in the world would the idea of Buffy dying inspire the troops any more then the idea of Faith dying would? You expect them to be sitting around in eager anticipation of Buffy biting the big one so one of them gets a chance? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2003-01-21 16:11:10-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (EGK <egk_nospam_@hotmail.com>)

A little space, please. 0 0 0 0 0 On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:54:17 +0000, Mark Evans <mpe@anacon.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: >DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote: > >> My big question here is if Dawn isn't the, or even a, potential Slayer why >> did she react to Willow's spell? Did Willow screw up the spell? Did the >> spell target Dawn because she's made from Buffy? Is Dawn really a S.I.T.? >> Would it be too much to ask ME to raise a major plot point question and >> answer it in the same episode? What's that? I'm dreaming? I thought so. > >Wasn't it more that Dawn was simply in the way of the spell going >through the door. There's still nothing stopping Dawn from also being a candidate though I doubt that's the case now given the big scene between her and Xander at the end of Potential and a couple of other comments made. They could still easily say there were actually two candidates in Sunnydale and the Seeer couldn't differentiate between two of them so close together. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2003-01-21 16:18:13-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

-- "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:3E2DA171.CA21D8A8@rcn.com... > DarkMagic wrote: > > > > "CC Zona" <cczona@nospam.invalid> wrote in message > > news:cczona-61C575.09191821012003@netnews.attbi.com... > > > > My big question here is if Dawn isn't the, or even a, potential Slayer > > why > > > > did she react to Willow's spell? Did Willow screw up the spell? Did > > the > > > > spell target Dawn because she's made from Buffy? Is Dawn really a > > S.I.T.? > > > > Would it be too much to ask ME to raise a major plot point question and > > > > answer it in the same episode? What's that? I'm dreaming? I thought > > so. > > > > > > They did answer it, just so poorly that you may not have realized it. > > Near > > > the end of the episode it's revealed that Amanda had gone to the Summers > > > house earlier that evening, and was on the other side of the door when > > > Dawn appeared to get zapped by the ball of light. The ball of light > > > actually passed through Dawn and the door on its way to Amanda. > > > > Wow! ME did raise the question and answer it in one episode! Miracles do > > happen! I didn't realize it because all I know I've gotten from Loey's > > review. > > > Didn't you get the summaries? The ones you were going to email? I didn't get them. Make sure you removed the nospam from my email address. My yahoo mail seems to be running a little slow lately and some things clearly addressed to me are ending up in my spam folder, but I haven't seen anything coming from you in the last two days. Shannon If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right.

2003-01-21 17:19:18+00:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (CC Zona <cczona@nospam.invalid>)

2003-01-21 18:47:16-07:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com>)

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 02:00:38 +0100, Ben Anspach <removethisAnspen@hotmail.com> wrote: > > >William George Ferguson wrote: >> > >> The thing about the Bringers is that their two most effective tools >> are numbers and surprise. > >And a fanatical devotion to the First Evil. :) > >Ben Err, Among the effective tools of the Bringers are... -- DAWN: ... and my sister is a vampire slayer, her best friend is a witch who went bonkers and tried to destroy the world, um, I actually used to be a little ball of energy until about two years ago when some monks changed the past and made me Buffy's sister and for some reason, a big klepto. My best friends are Leticia Jones, who moved to San Diego because this town is evil, and a floppy eared demon named Clem. (deleted scene from the shooting script of BtVS:Lessons)

2003-01-21 19:17:50+00:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid>)

Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, dsample@synapse.net wrote in article <210120030202445691%dsample@synapse.net>... > Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "The black chick always gets it first." > [snipped... but that last line rocked so I kept it (-:] > > For all people talk about the writers saying that the Slayer line now > goes through Faith, every time it has been mentioned *on* *the* *show*, > people have said that when Buffy dies, a new Slayer will be called. It > gets said multiple times this week. > > As for Buffy's possible third death calling a Slayer, it was insinuated. And most of the chatter came from the trainees and what do they know, anyway? With regards to those friends and family of Buffy, I think Faith is out of sight and out of mind for the time being. -- Be seeing you, Growltiger

2003-01-21 20:54:17+00:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Mark Evans <mpe@anacon.freeserve.co.uk>)

2003-01-21 21:56:05+01:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Michael Dracon <MichaelDracon@hotmail.com>)

2003-01-22 00:26:40-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (David Marc Nieporent <nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu>)

In article <3E2CF762.3C748EDA@rcn.com>, Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: >Don Sample wrote: >> So is Amanda moving into the house too? What will her mother think of >> that? >As I said in an earlier thread. And will say over and over again, we all know. The fact that you need to keep pointing out that you've said things before suggests that you're saying them too many times. Obviously it's unlikely that Amanda would tell her parents that story. Obviously the entire Buffyverse only works because adult authorities don't pay attention to what's right in front of their face. Obviously if the death rate in your town were as high as it is in Sunnydale, you'd have left a long time ago. The fact that you haven't suggests that you're just not paying attention, and kids talking about vampire slayers isn't going to change that. --------------------------------------------- David M. Nieporent nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu

2003-01-22 02:00:38+01:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Ben Anspach <removethisAnspen@hotmail.com>)

2003-01-22 02:30:12+00:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Tirya <Tirya@spamfree.addy>)

"Ben Anspach" <removethisAnspen@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3E2DED36.316B97FD@hotmail.com... > William George Ferguson wrote: > > The thing about the Bringers is that their two most effective tools > > are numbers and surprise. > > And a fanatical devotion to the First Evil. :) And nice black uniforms... Tirya -- TDC Inca Jeeper ...which nicely encompasses three hobbies in one! Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die - adopt a stray and save a life.

2003-01-22 02:31:42-06:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in <210120030202445691%dsample@synapse.net>: > Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "The black chick always gets it first." > Heh, heh. Nice and snarky. > From the sound of things Dawn did tell them pretty much everything > Joyce told her in CWDP. "Buffy won't choose you." My latest theory about this quote is that it refers to the fact that Dawn will not become a Slayer if and when Buffy dies. > > Xander has become the voice of reason this year. First in the > discusion about Dawn's potentialness with Willow and Anya, then in his > final talk with Dawn. Get the man a pair of glasses and a tweed jacket. > Dawn swings a mean fire extinguisher. Very nice, she's getting very good at defending herself but tends to overthink in the heat of battle. > > So is Amanda moving into the house too? What will her mother think of > that? Say it with me: "Welcome to the Joyce Summers Memorial Home for Troubled Girls." > For all people talk about the writers saying that the Slayer line now > goes through Faith, every time it has been mentioned *on* *the* *show*, > people have said that when Buffy dies, a new Slayer will be called. It > gets said multiple times this week. This raises the question of where the slayer who was raised when Buffy died in "The Gift" must be. Or maybe the death by "mystical energy" clause made her calling go kerflooey. -- I hate my free will. -- Andrew Roberto Castillo castillo@enteract.com http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2003-01-22 02:35:52-06:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in <ACOdnXnnUYyP4rCjXTWcpg@comcast.com>: > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > news:3E2CF762.3C748EDA@rcn.com... > > Don Sample wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > So is Amanda moving into the house too? What will her mother think of > > > that? > > > > As I said in an earlier thread. If my daughter called me and said I > > won't be home because I just discovered that I'm a potential Vampire > > Slayer and I'm going to move in with the current Slayer to be trained. > > Then said, I also need her protection because a bunch hooded guys > > without eyes are trying to kill me. I'd probably ask a few questions. > > I'd certainly demand to speak to Buffy. I'd call the school the next day > > to find out if their counselor was wacko (a very sophisticated > > psychological term). If I lived anywhere but Sunnydale, I'd call the > > police. > > Amanda doesn't need to move in, though. As if there would be room for her, > anyway. She can adhere to Buffy and the Scooby's tried and true methods for > fighting evil under the parental wire, sneaking out and the round robin > game. In fact, that's how it *should* be. A big part of becoming a good > Slayer is letting your Mom wash blood out of your clothes for a couple of > years before confronting her with the inevitable "You don't really know me, > why don't you open your eyes and look around" thing. Very good point. > > My big question here is if Dawn isn't the, or even a, potential Slayer why > did she react to Willow's spell? Did Willow screw up the spell? Did the > spell target Dawn because she's made from Buffy? Is Dawn really a S.I.T.? > Would it be too much to ask ME to raise a major plot point question and > answer it in the same episode? What's that? I'm dreaming? I thought so. It seemed pretty straightforward to me that the only reason the spell reacted to her was because she just happened to be in the way when Amanda was about to knock on Buffy's door. If Anya had walked over to the door instead of Dawn, Amanda would now be dead and Buffy would be giving Anya Slayer lessons. -- I hate my free will. -- Andrew Roberto Castillo castillo@enteract.com http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2003-01-22 02:38:00-06:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com>)

It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in <8j-dnZ3uhYGgGbCjXTWcqQ@comcast.com>: > Wow! ME did raise the question and answer it in one episode! Miracles do > happen! I didn't realize it because all I know I've gotten from Loey's > review. This is what happens when people insist on having long, drawn out discussions about an episode that they haven't seen. -- I hate my free will. -- Andrew Roberto Castillo castillo@enteract.com http://www.enteract.com/~castillo

2003-01-22 03:53:07+00:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Smaug69 <smaug69xx@carolinaxx.rrxx.com>)

2003-01-22 05:22:41-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (David Marc Nieporent <nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu>)

In article <n5ls2vo8e7mqervpbb1mnubu33e2e7e941@4ax.com>, Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com> wrote: >It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs >and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: >Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in <210120030202445691%dsample@synapse.net>: >> "The black chick always gets it first." >Heh, heh. Nice and snarky. Loved that line. That, and Anya's line about not understanding the whole Summers blood thing. >> From the sound of things Dawn did tell them pretty much everything >> Joyce told her in CWDP. >"Buffy won't choose you." My latest theory about this quote is that it >refers to the fact that Dawn will not become a Slayer if and when >Buffy dies. That doesn't make sense, because (despite what the people talking about "slayer powers" think) the slayer doesn't choose the next slayer. Buffy didn't choose Kendra, either. The PTB, or a reasonable facsimile, do the choosing. [...] >> For all people talk about the writers saying that the Slayer line now >> goes through Faith, every time it has been mentioned *on* *the* *show*, >> people have said that when Buffy dies, a new Slayer will be called. It >> gets said multiple times this week. >This raises the question of where the slayer who was raised when Buffy >died in "The Gift" must be. Or maybe the death by "mystical energy" >clause made her calling go kerflooey. My brother suggests that only odd-numbered deaths call slayers. Her first death did, and her third will, but her second didn't. It's no less silly than what others have come up with. --------------------------------------------- David M. Nieporent nieporen@alumni.princeton.edu

2003-01-22 06:37:30+00:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Franklin <franklin@nospam.com>)

"Michael Dracon" <MichaelDracon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:rscr2vkn1i8fsjcqbnv8i8m2pqc5i191jl@4ax.com... > Don Sample wrote: > > > Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > For all people talk about the writers saying that the Slayer line now > > goes through Faith, every time it has been mentioned *on* *the* *show*, > > people have said that when Buffy dies, a new Slayer will be called. It > > gets said multiple times this week. > > > Again I say: It inspires the troops. > > It actually could make an excelent plot hook when the SiT's find out that Buffy > cannot spawn a new slayer when Faith comes by and tells the truth. Having been spoiler-free, I thought for a while, "Hey, she's got the slayer moves. I wonder if Faith just died." -- Franklin

2003-01-22 06:51:29+00:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Dan Solomon <dansolo@attbi.com>)

EGK <egk_nospam_@hotmail.com> wrote in news:4ldr2v8e9l65u57hncobhtmugpfb1idq4c@4ax.com: > A little space, please. > > 0 > > 0 > > 0 > > 0 > > 0 > > On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:54:17 +0000, Mark Evans > <mpe@anacon.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > >>DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote: >> >>> My big question here is if Dawn isn't the, or even a, potential >>> Slayer why did she react to Willow's spell? Did Willow screw up the >>> spell? Did the spell target Dawn because she's made from Buffy? Is >>> Dawn really a S.I.T.? Would it be too much to ask ME to raise a >>> major plot point question and answer it in the same episode? What's >>> that? I'm dreaming? I thought so. >> >>Wasn't it more that Dawn was simply in the way of the spell going >>through the door. > > There's still nothing stopping Dawn from also being a candidate though > I doubt that's the case now given the big scene between her and Xander > at the end of Potential and a couple of other comments made. > They could still easily say there were actually two candidates in > Sunnydale and the Seeer couldn't differentiate between two of them so > close together. That doesn't make sense, because there are already four other SITs in Sunnydale. The seer wouldn't have even detected Amanda. No, I think the whole point of the episode was that Dawn is definitely not a SIT. -- Dan Solomon

2003-01-22 07:24:57-08:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (bobbytuesday@hotmail.com)

CC Zona <cczona@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:<cczona-61C575.09191821012003@netnews.attbi.com>... > > My big question here is if Dawn isn't the, or even a, potential Slayer why > > did she react to Willow's spell? Did Willow screw up the spell? Did the > > spell target Dawn because she's made from Buffy? Is Dawn really a S.I.T.? > > Would it be too much to ask ME to raise a major plot point question and > > answer it in the same episode? What's that? I'm dreaming? I thought so. > > They did answer it, just so poorly that you may not have realized it. Near > the end of the episode it's revealed that Amanda had gone to the Summers > house earlier that evening, and was on the other side of the door when > Dawn appeared to get zapped by the ball of light. The ball of light > actually passed through Dawn and the door on its way to Amanda. which is a poor explanation, because amanda said she was going to the house when she was hit. when dawn bumps into her they're heading in opposite directions. this means either dawn was circling the block and heading back home or the girl had decided to come back. i guess it can be explained away but i still don't like it.

[...]

2003-01-22 08:18:32-08:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (salmoneous@aol.com)

Michael Dracon > It actually could make an excelent plot hook when the SiT's find out that > Buffy > cannot spawn a new slayer when Faith comes by and tells the truth. Faith was in league with the Mayor when he belived that Buffy's death would call a new Slayer. It seems likely that they would agree on the point.

2003-01-22 08:18:32-08:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (salmoneous@aol.com)

Michael Dracon > It actually could make an excelent plot hook when the SiT's find out that > Buffy > cannot spawn a new slayer when Faith comes by and tells the truth. Faith was in league with the Mayor when he belived that Buffy's death would call a new Slayer. It seems likely that they would agree on the point.

2003-01-22 08:43:19-08:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (salmoneous@aol.com)

David Marc Nieporent > And will say over and over again, we all know. The fact that you need to > keep pointing out that you've said things before suggests that you're > saying them too many times. Carmikl has suggested in other threads that he knows that repeating the same complaint over and over and over is annoying, and that he gets amusement out of being annoying.

2003-01-22 08:43:19-08:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (salmoneous@aol.com)

David Marc Nieporent > And will say over and over again, we all know. The fact that you need to > keep pointing out that you've said things before suggests that you're > saying them too many times. Carmikl has suggested in other threads that he knows that repeating the same complaint over and over and over is annoying, and that he gets amusement out of being annoying.

2003-01-22 11:40:45-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Dawn <avs@qis.net>)

Ben Anspach wrote: > > William George Ferguson wrote: > > > > > The thing about the Bringers is that their two most effective tools > > are numbers and surprise. > > And a fanatical devotion to the First Evil. :) > > Ben Ben! For shame! You forgot Ruthless Efficiency: "NOBODY expects the Bringers! Our chief effective tool is surprise... surprise and numbers... numbers and surprise.... Our two tools are numbers and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* tools are numbers, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the First Evil.... Our *four*... no... *Amongst* our tools.... Amongst our effective tools... are such elements as numbers, surprise.... I'll come in again" =) Dawn

2003-01-22 12:57:51-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - ("C.L. Lassiter" <seaelle@unc.edu>)

Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: > Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. > It seems that Buffy's "Class Protector" reputation has surivived as > part of the student culture in the new school. (Some people just think > she's a high functioning schizophrenic though.) That was the funniest (Well, probably the only funny) line of the night. > So is Amanda moving into the house too? What will her mother think of > that? Especially with 2--gasp--lesbians living there. > Kennedy doesn't come on to Willow at all this week, but her "lost me > there" comment in reply to Rona saying she liked the feel of wood in > her hand pretty much confirms her orientation. There was a question? > For all people talk about the writers saying that the Slayer line now > goes through Faith, every time it has been mentioned *on* *the* *show*, > people have said that when Buffy dies, a new Slayer will be called. It > gets said multiple times this week. Yes, and I have issues with it! cl

2003-01-22 16:36:27-05:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <7pls2v05gmte5a6967fpe3sb0es0fje7kf@4ax.com>, Zombie Elvis <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com> wrote: > It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs > and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: > "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in > <ACOdnXnnUYyP4rCjXTWcpg@comcast.com>: > > > > > My big question here is if Dawn isn't the, or even a, potential Slayer why > > did she react to Willow's spell? Did Willow screw up the spell? Did the > > spell target Dawn because she's made from Buffy? Is Dawn really a S.I.T.? > > Would it be too much to ask ME to raise a major plot point question and > > answer it in the same episode? What's that? I'm dreaming? I thought so. > > It seemed pretty straightforward to me that the only reason the spell > reacted to her was because she just happened to be in the way when > Amanda was about to knock on Buffy's door. If Anya had walked over to > the door instead of Dawn, Amanda would now be dead and Buffy would be > giving Anya Slayer lessons. Or if it had been Xander, all the "Male Slayer" theorists would be in heaven. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-01-23 01:07:01+00:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Caitlin <mottc@cox.net>)

I think it just went through Dawn, and hit Amanda in the doorway. Dawn felt it go though her, but not go into her. Amanda said she got all discombobulated, and I don't think Dawn did. -- <~*Caitlin*~> "I laugh in the face of danger... and then I hide until it goes away." - Xander "Don Sample" <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in message news:220120031636270820%dsample@synapse.net... > In article <7pls2v05gmte5a6967fpe3sb0es0fje7kf@4ax.com>, Zombie Elvis > <DELETE-ME-2-REPLY-castillo@enteract.com> wrote: > > > It was a time of great turmoil. The strong preyed on the weak, dogs > > and cats lived together. One voice cried out in the wilderness: > > "DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in > > <ACOdnXnnUYyP4rCjXTWcpg@comcast.com>: > > > > > > > > My big question here is if Dawn isn't the, or even a, potential Slayer why > > > did she react to Willow's spell? Did Willow screw up the spell? Did the > > > spell target Dawn because she's made from Buffy? Is Dawn really a S.I.T.? > > > Would it be too much to ask ME to raise a major plot point question and > > > answer it in the same episode? What's that? I'm dreaming? I thought so. > > > > It seemed pretty straightforward to me that the only reason the spell > > reacted to her was because she just happened to be in the way when > > Amanda was about to knock on Buffy's door. If Anya had walked over to > > the door instead of Dawn, Amanda would now be dead and Buffy would be > > giving Anya Slayer lessons. > > Or if it had been Xander, all the "Male Slayer" theorists would be in > heaven. > > -- > Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net > Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ > Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-01-23 09:59:16-06:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - ("Rev. Cyohtee - O'k�home Ehohatse" <cyohtee@barbarian.org>)

Out of the ether bobbytuesday@hotmail.com (Bobby Tuesday) rose up and issued forth: >CC Zona <cczona@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:<cczona-61C575.09191821012003@netnews.attbi.com>... >> > My big question here is if Dawn isn't the, or even a, potential Slayer why >> > did she react to Willow's spell? Did Willow screw up the spell? Did the >> > spell target Dawn because she's made from Buffy? Is Dawn really a S.I.T.? >> > Would it be too much to ask ME to raise a major plot point question and >> > answer it in the same episode? What's that? I'm dreaming? I thought so. >> >> They did answer it, just so poorly that you may not have realized it. Near >> the end of the episode it's revealed that Amanda had gone to the Summers >> house earlier that evening, and was on the other side of the door when >> Dawn appeared to get zapped by the ball of light. The ball of light >> actually passed through Dawn and the door on its way to Amanda. > >which is a poor explanation, because amanda said she was going to the >house when she was hit. when dawn bumps into her they're heading in >opposite directions. this means either dawn was circling the block >and heading back home or the girl had decided to come back. i guess >it can be explained away but i still don't like it. She said that when the spell hit her she got dizzy and discombobulated, and she was suddenly worried that they were into the drug stuff, so she apparently wandered off to think it over, and Dawn ran into her when she had decided to go back and get Buffy despite what happened to her last time. -- Cyo cyohtee@ucan.foad.org http://www.barbarian.org/~cyohtee http://www.barbarian.org "If you gaze for long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you." - Nietzsche

[...]

2003-02-14 21:22:02-08:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 EGK wrote: > But you're missing the point they showed in this episode that the FE and the > bringers know who Amanda is now and their objective is to kill all the > SIT's. There's no way Buffy would be able to protect her from them if she's > still living at home and going to school. They dont have to be invited in > like vampires. The FE and the Bringers know that most of the survivng SiTs are in Buffy's house. Why don't they detonate a car bomb at Buffy's house?

2003-02-14 21:22:48-08:00 - Re: Potenial - Notes, observations and points to ponder. (SPOILERS) - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

DarkMagic wrote: > "EGK" <egk_nospam_@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:8m0r2vkdithug08t7r94ialqrjrlfm5s93@4ax.com..> > > But you're missing the point they showed in this episode that the FE and > the > > bringers know who Amanda is now and their objective is to kill all the > > SIT's. There's no way Buffy would be able to protect her from them if > she's > > still living at home and going to school. They dont have to be invited in > > like vampires. > > > Okay, I get it. Amanda needs to be protected from the Harbingers. Well, I > guess she will have to move in with Buffy then. Move over Spike. Are you an Amanda/Buffy shipper?:)