FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-24 13:21:12-08:00 - Videotaping Casa Summers?? Storyteller Spoiler - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Probably unnecessary spoiler space: ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; So Buffy and the Scoobies are in a life and death struggle with the First and they're worried about it infiltrating their house/headquarters. Why would they want someone videotaping their daily activities? If the First wants background on the vulnerabilities of the house and it's occupants, all it needs is for someone to steal that videotape footage. Maybe the First could start singing to Spike, and get them hand delivered.

2003-02-24 16:25:08-08:00 - Re: Videotaping Casa Summers?? Storyteller Spoiler - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

Brian the Snorf wrote: > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > news:3E5A8CC8.50E5247E@rcn.com... > > Probably unnecessary spoiler space: > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > So Buffy and the Scoobies are in a life and death struggle with the > > First and they're worried about it infiltrating their > > house/headquarters. Why would they want someone videotaping their daily > > activities? If the First wants background on the vulnerabilities of the > > house and it's occupants, all it needs is for someone to steal that > > videotape footage. Maybe the First could start singing to Spike, and get > > them hand delivered. > > Well, Buffy *doesn't* exactly want Andrew videotaping, as she acts like a > bitch to him the entire episode. But we've already seen that the First can > get around their house and spy on them, so that's not exactly a big deal. Why doesn't superpowered Buffy just take away Andrew's camera?

2003-02-24 19:08:09-06:00 - Re: Videotaping Casa Summers?? Storyteller Spoiler - (Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com>)

In article <3e5aa917$0$2232$e4fe514c@dreader6.news.xs4all.nl>, rkz@rkz.com says... > > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > news:3E5A8CC8.50E5247E@rcn.com... > > Probably unnecessary spoiler space: > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > ; > > So Buffy and the Scoobies are in a life and death struggle with the > > First and they're worried about it infiltrating their > > house/headquarters. Why would they want someone videotaping their daily > > activities? If the First wants background on the vulnerabilities of the > > house and it's occupants, all it needs is for someone to steal that > > videotape footage. Maybe the First could start singing to Spike, and get > > them hand delivered. > > The First seems to know already exactly what is going on. For example, > last episode it knew what Buffy said during the training in the backyard. > Looks to me that he just knows everything that is happening, or he can > walk around the house freely while being invisible. Why would it need to > learn things from a videotape, if he can just find it out for himself? > > Niels > > > > > You raise an interesting problem. How can the Scoobies defeat a villain like the First who can walk around unimpeded by walking invisible and hear and learn everything? I'm mystified nobody seems to have mentioned this on camera. Like having Xander say: "Okay, how are we supposed to beat this First if it can see and hear everything we're planning?" There does seem to be an inconsistency in the First Evil's powers. He/she/it can do all it does and yet get "tricked" by Buffy in "Showtime" by the Scoobies doing telepathy to trick the Ubervamp into getting to the construction site. Unless, UNLESS the First wasn't tricked at all. Maybe it knew all along what was going to happen but didn't want to play it's hand too early in letting them know this? What if Buffy was killed in the previous episode "Bring On the Night" and was switched by the First which we've been lead to believe can't appear in solid form? I've been curious about the spoilers showing the First now switching to Buffy's form in its private moments. Is it possible the First's morphing into Buffy is actually THE Buffy we're thinking is the leader of the Scoobies?

2003-02-24 23:01:54+00:00 - Re: Videotaping Casa Summers?? Storyteller Spoiler - (Brian the Snorf <blehr@gladstone.uoregon.edu>)

"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:3E5A8CC8.50E5247E@rcn.com... > Probably unnecessary spoiler space: > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > ; > So Buffy and the Scoobies are in a life and death struggle with the > First and they're worried about it infiltrating their > house/headquarters. Why would they want someone videotaping their daily > activities? If the First wants background on the vulnerabilities of the > house and it's occupants, all it needs is for someone to steal that > videotape footage. Maybe the First could start singing to Spike, and get > them hand delivered. Well, Buffy *doesn't* exactly want Andrew videotaping, as she acts like a bitch to him the entire episode. But we've already seen that the First can get around their house and spy on them, so that's not exactly a big deal. -Snorf

2003-02-25 00:19:23+01:00 - Re: Videotaping Casa Summers?? Storyteller Spoiler - (Rkz <rkz@rkz.com>)