FLM films - My Webpage

2003-03-13 10:38:18-08:00 - How they'll wind up - (himiko@animail.net)

I'm starting to think that the big battle will be in the 21st episode, leaving the 22nd as a deliberately anti-climactic good-bye party (a bit like Restless) with the characters left alive dispersing to various new lives. I'm guessing: Buffy: is somehow freed from her slayerness. Possibly Faith takes over or maybe the closing of the hellmouth results in at least a temporary drop in demon activity. She goes back to college somewhere other than Sunnydale. Our last view of her is alone in her room, happily perusing catalogues and planning the future she never thought she'd have. Willow: finds she can control her powers and use them for good. She returns with Giles to England to continue her (graduate) studies with the coven. She also manages to find the CoW's swiss bank accounts so that Giles can rebuild and also support Buffy's education; they owe her that much. Giles: see above. He will be rebuilding some sort of kinder, gentler CoW, possibly with the coven. Xander: decides he's had enough of demon fighting and contracting. He loads up his car and finally takes that road trip he dreamed of right after high school. Spike: is seriously injured in the battle. Giles takes him back to England to be healed by the coven. Andrew: tags along with Willow, Spike, and Giles in what I'm hoping will be a new spin-off called "The Coven" featuring Willow the CyberWitch, her vampire bodyguard, and her demon-summoning nerd; Giles and Xander (possibly also Buffy) could be recurrant characters. I can't see much future for Anya or Dawn. If I were Joss, I'd kill them off. himiko

[...]

2003-03-13 16:10:44-05:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (TEPC@webtv.net)

I can't see much future for Anya or Dawn. If I were Joss, I'd kill them off. himiko .and I don't see much of a future or you for saying that (evil laugh)

2003-03-13 16:10:44-05:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (TEPC@webtv.net)

I can't see much future for Anya or Dawn. If I were Joss, I'd kill them off. himiko .and I don't see much of a future or you for saying that (evil laugh)

2003-03-13 18:05:18-05:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (SuperPredator03@webtv.net)

I like that idea as well. But I think that Buffy is gonna die for the final time. I wouldn't be suprised if Faith dies too. I see all those other potentials remaining just that, potentials. Dawn becomes the next slayer. She's made from Buffy. Plus, she kinda has the same naiviety/ awkwardness that Buffy had when she started. But, then again if they are wanting to allow the next slayer to kinda intergrate into "Angel" it may be someone else.

2003-03-13 19:40:05-08:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (notseewasp@yahoo.com)

TEPC@webtv.net wrote in message news:<6083-3E70F3D4-289@storefull- > I can't see much future for Anya or Dawn. If I were Joss, I'd kill them > off. > himiko > > .and I don't see much of a future or you for saying that (evil laugh) Everyone dies in the finale.... well except for the guy with Cheese on His Head, who turns out to be the Big Bad that the first is working for! The first may be the first evil, but the BIG CHEESE has become much more powerful than the first, so the first is his bitch. Why did cheese head man kill everyone? Because he was sick of appearing in their dumb dreams! You heard it here first folks.

2003-03-13 21:34:45+00:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (Growltiger <tyger@never.invalid>)

Previously on alt.tv.buffy-v-slayer, himiko@animail.net wrote in article <c7902983.0303131038.1324db79@posting.google.com>... > I'm starting to think that the big battle will be in the 21st episode, > leaving the 22nd as a deliberately anti-climactic good-bye party (a > bit like Restless) with the characters left alive dispersing to > various new lives. I'm guessing: > Now there's a thought: a denoument instead of a rip-roaring climax. I think I like that idea a great deal. I think most fans would prefer the latter though. Perhaps the climax will come in the middle act of the series finale and we will get the denoument in the final act or two. -- Be seeing you, Growltiger

2003-03-14 04:55:12+00:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (AliceFromHell <alicefrommyclotheshell@yahoo.com>)

TEPC@webtv.net wrote: > I can't see much future for Anya or Dawn. If I were Joss, I'd kill them > off. > himiko > > .and I don't see much of a future or you for saying that (evil laugh) If they kill off Dawn, then I'd want the memories everyone now has of Dawn to be removed. -- Remove my clothes to reply. "Love isn't brains, children, it's blood: blood screaming inside you to work its will." --Spike, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," season 03, episode 08, "Lover's Walk"

2003-03-14 04:55:12+00:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (AliceFromHell <alicefrommyclotheshell@yahoo.com>)

TEPC@webtv.net wrote: > I can't see much future for Anya or Dawn. If I were Joss, I'd kill them > off. > himiko > > .and I don't see much of a future or you for saying that (evil laugh) If they kill off Dawn, then I'd want the memories everyone now has of Dawn to be removed. -- Remove my clothes to reply. "Love isn't brains, children, it's blood: blood screaming inside you to work its will." --Spike, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," season 03, episode 08, "Lover's Walk"

2003-03-14 06:29:18-08:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

himiko wrote: > > I'm starting to think that the big battle will be in the 21st episode, > leaving the 22nd as a deliberately anti-climactic good-bye party (a > bit like Restless) with the characters left alive dispersing to > various new lives. > I see Buffy and Spike getting married. In twenty years Buffy will be yelling at Spike to get his feet off the furniture and get out and get a job. She's tired of paying all the bills. Spike will yell back that he could do better, and if she doesn't stop making all of those boring speeches about how he should get out and do something with is life, then he'll go out and find someone younger to support him. He'll have to do that eventually anyway.

2003-03-14 07:14:51+00:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (Aethelrede <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net>)

AliceFromHell wrote in message <3E715FC8.A743C6D9@yahoo.com>... > > >TEPC@webtv.net wrote: > >> I can't see much future for Anya or Dawn. If I were Joss, I'd kill them >> off. >> himiko >> >> .and I don't see much of a future or you for saying that (evil laugh) > >If they kill off Dawn, then I'd want the memories everyone now has of Dawn >to be removed. No, I'd prefer to remember her, and still have the full tapes to watch, specially her two cute little hip-wriggling dance scenes. Besides, she won't be killed: there'll be a moment when the big bad is about to wipe out the last of the slayer line and she'll turn into a big ball of green energy and kills the BB and Buffy and all the scoobs (and Spike and Anya and Giles), leaving the SITs to decide who has been called. But they won't really be dead: they'll all be back where Buffy was at the start of season 6. Except for the BB which will be really dead. Well, it sounds good to me. And Faith gets to be sane again(?) and becomes the new watcher of the newest slayer. Later she puts on weight, develops a taste for 3 piece Tweed suits and 12 year old scotch and starts a new COW, but that's a totally different spin-off.

2003-03-14 22:28:40-08:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (cybertigger1@msn.com)

"Aethelrede" <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:<Ljfca.6101$S%3.346346@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>... > AliceFromHell wrote in message <3E715FC8.A743C6D9@yahoo.com>... > > > > > >TEPC@webtv.net wrote: > > > >> I can't see much future for Anya or Dawn. If I were Joss, I'd kill them > >> off. > >> himiko > >> > >> .and I don't see much of a future or you for saying that (evil laugh) > > > >If they kill off Dawn, then I'd want the memories everyone now has of Dawn > >to be removed. > > No, I'd prefer to remember her, and still have the full tapes to watch, > specially her two cute little hip-wriggling dance scenes. > The DOMFDD (Dirty Old Men for Dawn Dancing) demand another Dance of Dawn! WHY won't ME give us what we want? Why do they tease and torment us so? Gregg

2003-03-15 03:49:34+00:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (Aethelrede <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net>)

Carmikl wrote in message <3E71E73E.273859A7@rcn.com>... >himiko wrote: >> >> I'm starting to think that the big battle will be in the 21st episode, >> leaving the 22nd as a deliberately anti-climactic good-bye party (a >> bit like Restless) with the characters left alive dispersing to >> various new lives. >> > >I see Buffy and Spike getting married. In twenty years Buffy will be >yelling at Spike to get his feet off the furniture and get out and get a >job. She's tired of paying all the bills. > >Spike will yell back that he could do better, and if she doesn't stop >making all of those boring speeches about how he should get out and do >something with is life, then he'll go out and find someone younger to >support him. He'll have to do that eventually anyway. And what is Buffy going to pay the bills with? Giles' money won't last forever and no job she's ever worked has paid near enough to pay the mortgage on that big Summers house, even if Sunnydale prices are lower than the rest of Ca. let alone upkeep and food and all those expensive-looking clothes she wears once. Maybe Dawn will become a lawyer and keep them both as a tax write-off.

2003-03-15 09:15:44-05:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (-Andy- <a.stoffel@spamworm.adelphia.net>)

In article <ea417851.0303142228.4a7bfc6d@posting.google.com>, cybertigger1@msn.com (Gregg) wrote: > The DOMFDD (Dirty Old Men for Dawn Dancing) demand another Dance of Dawn! > > WHY won't ME give us what we want? Why do they tease and torment us so? Maybe they don't realize how powerful a lobby the DOMFDD is ? -Andy-

2003-03-15 19:49:07-05:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (-Andy- <a.stoffel@spamworm.adelphia.net>)

In article <%1Pca.119683$qi4.60386@rwcrnsc54>, rat <rat@the.zoo> wrote: > In article <b50c91$hqr$1@pcls4.std.com>, Paul Ciszek wrote: > rat <rat@the.zoo> wrote: > > BTW, I have seen only a fraction of Dawn's episodes, and the only Dirty > > Dancing scene I have seen is in "Him" (recent re-run). What was the other > > one? > > Dawn's dance with Sweet in "Once More With Feeling" Didn't she dance while singing the 'Anchovie Song' (I don't recall which episode that was this season...) ? -Andy-

2003-03-15 20:06:43-05:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <a.stoffel-110DD3.19490715032003@news-east.giganews.com>, -Andy- <a.stoffel@spamworm.adelphia.net> wrote: > In article <%1Pca.119683$qi4.60386@rwcrnsc54>, rat <rat@the.zoo> wrote: > > > In article <b50c91$hqr$1@pcls4.std.com>, Paul Ciszek wrote: > > rat <rat@the.zoo> wrote: > > > > BTW, I have seen only a fraction of Dawn's episodes, and the only Dirty > > > Dancing scene I have seen is in "Him" (recent re-run). What was the other > > > one? > > > > Dawn's dance with Sweet in "Once More With Feeling" > > Didn't she dance while singing the 'Anchovie Song' (I don't recall which > episode that was this season...) ? > > -Andy- Not actually while doing the song, but a little later while nuking the marshmallow in the microwave. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-03-15 21:08:35+00:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (rat <rat@the.zoo>)

-Andy- wrote: > In article <ea417851.0303142228.4a7bfc6d@posting.google.com>, > cybertigger1@msn.com (Gregg) wrote: > > >> The DOMFDD (Dirty Old Men for Dawn Dancing) demand another Dance of Dawn! >> >> WHY won't ME give us what we want? Why do they tease and torment us so? > > Maybe they don't realize how powerful a lobby the DOMFDD is ? I'm not really a member, lacking the qualifying characteristic of being a dirty of man, maybe I can join the young men's auxiliary.

2003-03-15 21:13:16+00:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (rat <rat@the.zoo>)

Aethelrede wrote: > > Carmikl wrote in message <3E71E73E.273859A7@rcn.com>... >>himiko wrote: >>> >>> I'm starting to think that the big battle will be in the 21st episode, >>> leaving the 22nd as a deliberately anti-climactic good-bye party (a >>> bit like Restless) with the characters left alive dispersing to >>> various new lives. >>> >> >>I see Buffy and Spike getting married. In twenty years Buffy will be >>yelling at Spike to get his feet off the furniture and get out and get a >>job. She's tired of paying all the bills. >> >>Spike will yell back that he could do better, and if she doesn't stop >>making all of those boring speeches about how he should get out and do >>something with is life, then he'll go out and find someone younger to >>support him. He'll have to do that eventually anyway. > > And what is Buffy going to pay the bills with? Giles' money won't last > forever and no job she's ever worked has paid near enough to pay the > mortgage on that big Summers house, even if Sunnydale prices are lower than > the rest of Ca. let alone upkeep and food and all those expensive-looking > clothes she wears once. > Maybe Dawn will become a lawyer and keep them both as a tax write-off. A dancing lawyer?

2003-03-15 23:53:31+00:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (rat <rat@the.zoo>)

In article <b50c91$hqr$1@pcls4.std.com>, Paul Ciszek wrote: rat <rat@the.zoo> wrote: >>-Andy- wrote: >>> In article <ea417851.0303142228.4a7bfc6d@posting.google.com>, >>> cybertigger1@msn.com (Gregg) wrote: >>> >>> >>>> The DOMFDD (Dirty Old Men for Dawn Dancing) demand another Dance of Dawn! >>>> >>>> WHY won't ME give us what we want? Why do they tease and torment us so? >>> >>> Maybe they don't realize how powerful a lobby the DOMFDD is ? >> >>I'm not really a member, lacking the qualifying characteristic of being >>a dirty old man, maybe I can join the young men's auxiliary. > > Anyone older than-- what, 15?-- who wants to see Dirty Dawn Dancing is a > Dirty Old Man. Unless they are a Dirty Old Lesbian. > > BTW, I have seen only a fraction of Dawn's episodes, and the only Dirty > Dancing scene I have seen is in "Him" (recent re-run). What was the other > one? Dawn's dance with Sweet in "Once More With Feeling"

2003-03-16 01:24:13+00:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (rat <rat@the.zoo>)

-Andy- wrote: > In article <%1Pca.119683$qi4.60386@rwcrnsc54>, rat <rat@the.zoo> wrote: > >> In article <b50c91$hqr$1@pcls4.std.com>, Paul Ciszek wrote: >> rat <rat@the.zoo> wrote: > >> > BTW, I have seen only a fraction of Dawn's episodes, and the only Dirty >> > Dancing scene I have seen is in "Him" (recent re-run). What was the other >> > one? >> >> Dawn's dance with Sweet in "Once More With Feeling" > > Didn't she dance while singing the 'Anchovie Song' (I don't recall which > episode that was this season...) ? She did a little latin dance while nuking marshmallows in CWDP. That was the episode with the anchovies song IIRC.

2003-03-16 04:15:49+00:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (Aethelrede <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net>)

rat wrote in message ... >Aethelrede wrote: >> >> Carmikl wrote in message <3E71E73E.273859A7@rcn.com>... >>>himiko wrote: >>>> >>>> I'm starting to think that the big battle will be in the 21st episode, >>>> leaving the 22nd as a deliberately anti-climactic good-bye party (a >>>> bit like Restless) with the characters left alive dispersing to >>>> various new lives. >>>> >>> >>>I see Buffy and Spike getting married. In twenty years Buffy will be >>>yelling at Spike to get his feet off the furniture and get out and get a >>>job. She's tired of paying all the bills. >>> >>>Spike will yell back that he could do better, and if she doesn't stop >>>making all of those boring speeches about how he should get out and do >>>something with is life, then he'll go out and find someone younger to >>>support him. He'll have to do that eventually anyway. >> >> And what is Buffy going to pay the bills with? Giles' money won't last >> forever and no job she's ever worked has paid near enough to pay the >> mortgage on that big Summers house, even if Sunnydale prices are lower than >> the rest of Ca. let alone upkeep and food and all those expensive-looking >> clothes she wears once. >> Maybe Dawn will become a lawyer and keep them both as a tax write-off. > >A dancing lawyer? Yeah, well, dancing twice isn't necessarily a disqualification from passing the bar exam, in some states. She just can't do it in court or during hours when she's billing clients. On second thought I can't see Dawn as a lawyer.

2003-03-17 12:27:37-08:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (bergeg@parl.gc.ca)

himiko@animail.net (himiko) wrote in message news:<c7902983.0303131038.1324db79@posting.google.com>... > I'm starting to think that the big battle will be in the 21st episode, > leaving the 22nd as a deliberately anti-climactic good-bye party (a > bit like Restless) with the characters left alive dispersing to > various new lives. I'm guessing: Here's my guess : Buffy ends up trapped on the other side of the Hellmouth to guard it from opening again. Willow either dies or goes with Giles back to England to rebuild the Council of Watchers. Giles rebuilds the Council of Watchers and brings the surviving SiTs with him (and Willow, if she still lives) When Buffy disappears, Spike goes back to LA with Angel, to explore what having a soul means, and to learn from his Yoda again. Anya dies, but before the Last Battle (TM). The First Evil interacts as her in the final episode. Faith dies as well. (Really sad) And for my spin-off of choice: Xander moves in the Summer House to help Dawn out. Along with Andrew, they are the only people in Sunnydale left to take care of the occasional supernatural threat to the city (which has calmed down since Buffy is protecting them at all times).

2003-03-20 21:11:57+00:00 - Re: How they'll wind up - (tmcd@panix.com)

In article <1nQca.99040$3D1.3928@sccrnsc01>, rat <rat@the.zoo> wrote: >She did a little latin dance while nuking marshmallows in CWDP. >[Convesations With Dead People] That little shimmy is what made one poster here comment that the Key that she was unlocked her hips from the rest of her body. Even as a gay man, I will note that it was very impressive. -- Tim McDaniel, tmcd@panix.com; tmcd@us.ibm.com is my work address