FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-09 07:18:58-08:00 - Eve's Body - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel manager.

2003-01-09 07:18:58-08:00 - Eve's Body - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel manager.

2003-01-09 08:01:44-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Teamhair wrote: > > Why? We have seen in previous episodes that atleast certain people in > positions of authority in the town know what is going on and cover up > problems all the time. I am sure some inspector will come along, take care > of it all and eventually it will all die away because the townspeople of > Sunnydale seem to have this uncanny ability to forget really big major > deals! > Teamhair > Even if the police do nothing, both Eve and Annabelle deserve more than having their bodies dumped in a ditch somewhere. They were members of a sisterhood that should have some responsibility to honor it's dead.

2003-01-09 10:01:50-06:00 - Re: Eve's Body - ("Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer" <rickramey@nospamhotmail.com>)

On 09 Jan 2003 15:40:14 GMT, Jag wrote: >Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: >: >: Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what >: did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she >: deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. >: >: Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even >: if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the >: Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and >: Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel >: manager. > >I expect they will deal with this in the next few episodes. > > >/Lars I for one think that should be the sole focus of the next five or six epsiodes. Show them calling the police, the police arriving, the paramedics arriving and then leaving the body while they go on another call, the motel manager being notified, the cleaning crew working on the carpet for at least another episode and then giving up and then deciding to replace the carpet, having the carpet replaced, and then showing who is the next guest in the room. Maybe they could spin that off into another series. ___________________________ ... just more than contended to be living and dying in three-quarter time

2003-01-09 10:18:59-06:00 - Re: Eve's Body - ("Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer" <rickramey@nospamhotmail.com>)

On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:06:33 -0500, EGK <egk@hotmail.com> wrote: >On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:01:50 -0600, "Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer" ><rickramey@nospamhotmail.com> wrote: > >>On 09 Jan 2003 15:40:14 GMT, Jag wrote: >> >>>Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: >>>: >>>: Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what >>>: did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she >>>: deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. >>>: >>>: Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even >>>: if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the >>>: Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and >>>: Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel >>>: manager. >>> >>>I expect they will deal with this in the next few episodes. >>> >>> >>>/Lars >> >>I for one think that should be the sole focus of the next five or six >>epsiodes. Show them calling the police, the police arriving, the >>paramedics arriving and then leaving the body while they go on another >>call, the motel manager being notified, the cleaning crew working on >>the carpet for at least another episode and then giving up and then >>deciding to replace the carpet, having the carpet replaced, and then >>showing who is the next guest in the room. Maybe they could spin that >>off into another series. >>___________________________ > >You just proved how wonderful sarcasm can be when used propertly. One >thing you did forget tho was the cross-over with CSI Sunnydale. I'd >personally find it extremely interesting to see the camera angles from >inside the body and the extent of Eve's wounds. > > Don't think Eve's murder would be bizarre enough for any CSI, let alone Sunnydale's. Yeesh, can you imagine CSI: Sunnydale's weird case files? >---------------------------------------------------------------------------- > >"There would be a lot more civility in this world if people > didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" > - (Calvin and Hobbes) ___________________________ ... just more than contended to be living and dying in three-quarter time

2003-01-09 10:58:44-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Willow.Rose@GTE.net)

Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:<3E1D9CE8.4881DF79@rcn.com>... > Teamhair wrote: > > > > Why? We have seen in previous episodes that atleast certain people in > > positions of authority in the town know what is going on and cover up > > problems all the time. I am sure some inspector will come along, take care > > of it all and eventually it will all die away because the townspeople of > > Sunnydale seem to have this uncanny ability to forget really big major > > deals! > > Teamhair > > > Even if the police do nothing, both Eve and Annabelle deserve more than > having their bodies dumped in a ditch somewhere. They were members of a > sisterhood that should have some responsibility to honor it's dead. The watchers used to handle that... Buffy and Scoobs have more to deal with than planning and financing funerals. I'm sure they would if they could.

2003-01-09 11:06:33-05:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (EGK <egk@hotmail.com>)

On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:01:50 -0600, "Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer" <rickramey@nospamhotmail.com> wrote: >On 09 Jan 2003 15:40:14 GMT, Jag wrote: > >>Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: >>: >>: Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what >>: did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she >>: deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. >>: >>: Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even >>: if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the >>: Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and >>: Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel >>: manager. >> >>I expect they will deal with this in the next few episodes. >> >> >>/Lars > >I for one think that should be the sole focus of the next five or six >epsiodes. Show them calling the police, the police arriving, the >paramedics arriving and then leaving the body while they go on another >call, the motel manager being notified, the cleaning crew working on >the carpet for at least another episode and then giving up and then >deciding to replace the carpet, having the carpet replaced, and then >showing who is the next guest in the room. Maybe they could spin that >off into another series. >___________________________ You just proved how wonderful sarcasm can be when used propertly. One thing you did forget tho was the cross-over with CSI Sunnydale. I'd personally find it extremely interesting to see the camera angles from inside the body and the extent of Eve's wounds. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2003-01-09 11:11:40-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

drovar wrote: > > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > news:3E1D92E2.BA88229F@rcn.com... > > > > Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what > > did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she > > deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. > > > > Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even > > if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the > > Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and > > Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel > > manager. > > Well, it is Sunnydale after all. > > They probably called the police, gave two-minute statements, and watched as > the coroner picked up the body. Took about half an hour. Just another > unsolved Sunnydale murder, the police probably even have a rubber stamp for > it. "Mysterious Homicide. Case closed" > What's so mysterious about a stabbing? The Sunnydale Police investigated Kendra's murder. Buffy was a prime suspect.

2003-01-09 11:20:38-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Fazhoul wrote: > > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > news:3E1D92E2.BA88229F@rcn.com... > > > > Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what > > did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she > > deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. > > > > Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even > > if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the > > Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and > > Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel > > manager. > > After six seasons NOW you worry about what they do with the bodies? No, last year I asked about the bodies of the "Knights of Byzantium" left lying in the desert. > What > about the bodies of the kids who were killed in the Bronze in "Lie To Me" > from Season 2? What about the bodies of all the blind monks that are being > left all over town? Don't you think that would arouse some suspicion? I'm sure they are being investigated in the town's where they occurred. > Don't you think that would arouse some suspicion? > Especially the several that were left on Buffy's lawn? I guess we could > assume that after the surviving monks run away that they return later with a > clean up crew. I did ask about all of the harbingers bodies left over from the last home invasion. Some of them were just unconscious. Did the Scoobies finish them, or are the harbingers still alive tied up in Buffy's basement.

2003-01-09 11:41:27-05:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (EGK <egk@hotmail.com>)

On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:28:04 GMT, sillyman@famous.com wrote: > >>Don't think Eve's murder would be bizarre enough for any CSI, let >>alone Sunnydale's. >> >>Yeesh, can you imagine CSI: Sunnydale's weird case files? >> > >Let's not go down that road. We saw what a mess Riley and the >Initiative of the Slayer mystique when they applied modern methods and >equipment to the demon problem. Competent, well equipped, open-minded >scientists investigating this stuff would ruin the Scooby charm and >show them for the well-meaning but dangerously imcompetent amateur >bumblers they are. hahah. That was kind of the point in continuing the sarcasm. Carmikl tends to post as if he's watching a documentary. But he comes across so darned sincere I have to give him props for it. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2003-01-09 12:09:04-05:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (EGK <egk@hotmail.com>)

On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:55:52 GMT, sillyman@famous.com wrote: > >> >>hahah. That was kind of the point in continuing the sarcasm. Carmikl tends >>to post as if he's watching a documentary. But he comes across so darned >>sincere I have to give him props for it. > >I hear that expression more and more these days. Help me, I'm old. >What does "props" mean, and where did it come from? Oh, geeze. You caught me. I'm old too and try not to use many slang terms. I always tell people I don't speak kiddie slang when they go off like that. "Props" has become pretty mainstream I thought. I think it dates to street slang, especially among young blacks but not sure where it came from. I think it's short for "proper respect". I did find this on a website for "Playa Slang" http://www.geocities.com/lordstevil/dnd3-pimpsnhoes-glossary.html Props:Also shout out, props is giving people respect; to give M.C. Mithril his props or a shout out is to give him respect. (Note: A master of ceremonies, before performing, must give out a number of props equal to his level or suffer a -2 penalty to his Charisma for the duration of his performance.) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

2003-01-09 12:39:59-05:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Fazhoul <Fazhoul@yahoo.com>)

"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:3E1D92E2.BA88229F@rcn.com... > > Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what > did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she > deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. > > Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even > if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the > Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and > Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel > manager. After six seasons NOW you worry about what they do with the bodies? What about the bodies of the kids who were killed in the Bronze in "Lie To Me" from Season 2? What about the bodies of all the blind monks that are being left all over town? Don't you think that would arouse some suspicion? Especially the several that were left on Buffy's lawn? I guess we could assume that after the surviving monks run away that they return later with a clean up crew.

2003-01-09 12:52:25-06:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <1042126814.108213@queeg.ludd.luth.se>, Jag wrote: > Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: > : > : Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what > : did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she > : deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. > : > : Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even > : if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the > : Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and > : Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel > : manager. > > I expect they will deal with this in the next few episodes. Don't hold your breath. Buffy has found dozens of bodies that we've never seen the cops question her about. I think _Gingerbread_ is about the only episode in which we have seen Buffy talking to cops about some bodies she's found. Detective: So how did you find the body? Manager: Just a little while after this girl came by asking about new checkins. I came out of the office a little later and saw that the door was open. I went over to check, and that's when I saw her. Detective: Could you describe this girl? Manager: Early twenties, long blonde hair, very pretty. About this tall (holds out his hand at shoulder level.) Detective: Oh. Her. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-01-09 12:57:19-06:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <96iT9.5012$T5.2311165@news.alltel.net>, drovar <drovar@alltel.net> wrote: > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > news:3E1D92E2.BA88229F@rcn.com... > > > > Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what > > did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she > > deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. > > > > Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even > > if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the > > Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and > > Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel > > manager. > > Well, it is Sunnydale after all. > > They probably called the police, gave two-minute statements, and watched as > the coroner picked up the body. Took about half an hour. Just another > unsolved Sunnydale murder, the police probably even have a rubber stamp for > it. "Mysterious Homicide. Case closed" Given that they had just discovered that the First was camping out in her house, if Buffy called the cops at all, it was on her cell phone while Xander was violating the speed limit driving her back home. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-01-09 13:10:59-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Shawn Hill wrote: > > Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: > > : Even if the police do nothing, both Eve and Annabelle deserve more than > : having their bodies dumped in a ditch somewhere. They were members of a > : sisterhood that should have some responsibility to honor it's dead. > > Right now is bit too pressing to worry about such formalities, don't you > think? I mean, right in the midst of battle? > > shawn It's been a while since Annabelle was killed.

2003-01-09 14:11:51-06:00 - Re: Eve's Body - ("Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer" <rickramey@nospamhotmail.com>)

On 9 Jan 2003 12:52:25 -0600, Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: >In article <1042126814.108213@queeg.ludd.luth.se>, Jag wrote: > >> Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: >> : >> : Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what >> : did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she >> : deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. >> : >> : Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even >> : if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the >> : Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and >> : Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel >> : manager. >> >> I expect they will deal with this in the next few episodes. > >Don't hold your breath. Buffy has found dozens of bodies that we've >never seen the cops question her about. I think _Gingerbread_ is about >the only episode in which we have seen Buffy talking to cops about some >bodies she's found. > > Detective: So how did you find the body? > Manager: Just a little while after this girl came by asking > about new checkins. I came out of the office a little > later and saw that the door was open. I went over to > check, and that's when I saw her. > Detective: Could you describe this girl? > Manager: Early twenties, long blonde hair, very pretty. About > this tall (holds out his hand at shoulder level.) > Detective: Oh. Her. *LOL*... that *has* to be why Xander and Buffy just booked when they found the dead body. ___________________________ ... just more than contended to be living and dying in three-quarter time

2003-01-09 15:54:58+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Teamhair <teamhair@mchsi.com>)

Why? We have seen in previous episodes that atleast certain people in positions of authority in the town know what is going on and cover up problems all the time. I am sure some inspector will come along, take care of it all and eventually it will all die away because the townspeople of Sunnydale seem to have this uncanny ability to forget really big major deals! Teamhair "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:3E1D92E2.BA88229F@rcn.com... > > Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what > did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she > deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. > > Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even > if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the > Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and > Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel > manager.

2003-01-09 16:16:11-07:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (William George Ferguson <william.george.ferguson@domail.maricopa.edu>)

On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:28:04 GMT, sillyman@famous.com wrote: > >>Don't think Eve's murder would be bizarre enough for any CSI, let >>alone Sunnydale's. >> >>Yeesh, can you imagine CSI: Sunnydale's weird case files? >> > >Let's not go down that road. We saw what a mess Riley and the >Initiative of the Slayer mystique when they applied modern methods and >equipment to the demon problem. Competent, well equipped, open-minded >scientists investigating this stuff would ruin the Scooby charm and >show them for the well-meaning but dangerously imcompetent amateur >bumblers they are. Right, but we're not talking about competent, well equipped, open-minded scientists, we're talking about the CSI characters. -- "Oh Buffy, you really do need to have every square inch of your ass kicked." - Willow Rosenberg

2003-01-09 16:28:04+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (sillyman@famous.com)

2003-01-09 16:55:52+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (sillyman@famous.com)

2003-01-09 16:59:58-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

TEPC@webtv.net wrote: > > What I want to know is, why all the blood? Ubie's a vampire,. Why didn't > he drink her dry? I don't think he fed on Annabelle either come to think > of it. I don't think Ubie was involved in Eve's death. He doesn't stab, he rips.

2003-01-09 17:14:45+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (drovar <drovar@alltel.net>)

"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:3E1D92E2.BA88229F@rcn.com... > > Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what > did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she > deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. > > Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even > if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the > Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and > Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel > manager. Well, it is Sunnydale after all. They probably called the police, gave two-minute statements, and watched as the coroner picked up the body. Took about half an hour. Just another unsolved Sunnydale murder, the police probably even have a rubber stamp for it. "Mysterious Homicide. Case closed" I'd also guess that the Eve and Annabelle got shipped back to their families for burial.

[...]

2003-01-09 17:17:47-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Desiree Davis <hbeachbabe@nospam.yahoo.com>)

BTR1701 wrote: > Sunnydale is one of those places, like Cabot Cove, Maine ("Murder, She > Wrote"), Camp Crystal Lake ("Friday the 13th"), Haddonfield, Illinois > ("Halloween") and Castle Rock, Maine (nearly every Stephen King book) > that have a murder rate vastly higher than even the most violent inner > city ghettos. > > In reality, these places would be under intense investigation by the FBI > and state police agencies. But as viewers, I guess we're supposed to > just wink and nod and pretend such things don't matter. "it's just a TV show" to quote a famous line the D�sir�e 3000

2003-01-09 17:17:47-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Desiree Davis <hbeachbabe@nospam.yahoo.com>)

BTR1701 wrote: > Sunnydale is one of those places, like Cabot Cove, Maine ("Murder, She > Wrote"), Camp Crystal Lake ("Friday the 13th"), Haddonfield, Illinois > ("Halloween") and Castle Rock, Maine (nearly every Stephen King book) > that have a murder rate vastly higher than even the most violent inner > city ghettos. > > In reality, these places would be under intense investigation by the FBI > and state police agencies. But as viewers, I guess we're supposed to > just wink and nod and pretend such things don't matter. "it's just a TV show" to quote a famous line the D�sir�e 3000

2003-01-09 18:42:04-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

BTR1701 wrote: > > > In reality, these places would be under intense investigation by the FBI > and state police agencies. Especially since Buffy drives an SUV clearly supporting Terrorism.

2003-01-09 19:30:14-05:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (TEPC@webtv.net)

2003-01-09 20:35:57-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Shawn Hill wrote: > > Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: > : Shawn Hill wrote: > :> > :> Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: > :> > :> : Even if the police do nothing, both Eve and Annabelle deserve more than > :> : having their bodies dumped in a ditch somewhere. They were members of a > :> : sisterhood that should have some responsibility to honor it's dead. > :> > :> Right now is bit too pressing to worry about such formalities, don't you > :> think? I mean, right in the midst of battle? > :> > :> shawn > > : It's been a while since Annabelle was killed. > > And that whole time, girls are still being attacked and everyone's still scared > out of their wits. > > Shawn So they put Annabelle's body in the freezer.

2003-01-09 20:45:41+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Shawn Hill <shill@fas.harvard.edu>)

EGK <egk@hotmail.com> wrote: : On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:01:50 -0600, "Rick Ramey, Celestial Engineer" : <rickramey@nospamhotmail.com> wrote: :>deciding to replace the carpet, having the carpet replaced, and then :>showing who is the next guest in the room. Maybe they could spin that :>off into another series. :>___________________________ : You just proved how wonderful sarcasm can be when used propertly. One : thing you did forget tho was the cross-over with CSI Sunnydale. I'd : personally find it extremely interesting to see the camera angles from : inside the body and the extent of Eve's wounds. And don't forget all the forensic specialists who work in tank tops and flattering jewelry, with snazzy shades on. Shawn

2003-01-09 20:47:41+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Shawn Hill <shill@fas.harvard.edu>)

sillyman@famous.com wrote: :> :>hahah. That was kind of the point in continuing the sarcasm. Carmikl tends :>to post as if he's watching a documentary. But he comes across so darned :>sincere I have to give him props for it. : I hear that expression more and more these days. Help me, I'm old. : What does "props" mean, and where did it come from? Where'd that "The Bomb" website go, which had all the hip-hop slang defined so helpfully. Anyway, if you like something, you're a proponent of it, right? So, shorthand, "I give XXXXX [my] props" is an indication of support and approval. Shawn

2003-01-09 20:51:44+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Shawn Hill <shill@fas.harvard.edu>)

2003-01-09 20:56:06-06:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <BTR1702-08F68E.17043709012003@nntp.ix.netcom.com>, BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote: > Sunnydale is one of those places, like Cabot Cove, Maine ("Murder, She > Wrote"), Camp Crystal Lake ("Friday the 13th"), Haddonfield, Illinois > ("Halloween") and Castle Rock, Maine (nearly every Stephen King book) > that have a murder rate vastly higher than even the most violent inner > city ghettos. > > In reality, these places would be under intense investigation by the FBI > and state police agencies. But as viewers, I guess we're supposed to > just wink and nod and pretend such things don't matter. I think it's pretty clear that Jessica Fletcher is one of the world's most prolific serial killers. I you can follow the trail of bodies everywhere she travels, and no one ever dies in Cabot Cove when she's away. She murders them, and then frames innocent people for the crime. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-01-09 21:06:19+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (drovar <drovar@alltel.net>)

"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:3E1DC96C.C3B912A8@rcn.com... > drovar wrote: > > > > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > > news:3E1D92E2.BA88229F@rcn.com... > > > > > Well, it is Sunnydale after all. > > > > They probably called the police, gave two-minute statements, and watched as > > the coroner picked up the body. Took about half an hour. Just another > > unsolved Sunnydale murder, the police probably even have a rubber stamp for > > it. "Mysterious Homicide. Case closed" > > > What's so mysterious about a stabbing? > > The Sunnydale Police investigated Kendra's murder. Buffy was a prime > suspect. Gee, nitpick much? Fine, so the stamp says "Unsolved Homicide. Case closed". The Sunndale police will show up whenever it's convenient for the writers that they do so.

2003-01-09 21:41:26+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (drovar <drovar@alltel.net>)

"Don Sample" <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in message news:090120031354476333%dsample@synapse.net... > In article <96iT9.5012$T5.2311165@news.alltel.net>, drovar > > They probably called the police, gave two-minute statements, and watched as > > the coroner picked up the body. Took about half an hour. Just another > > unsolved Sunnydale murder, the police probably even have a rubber stamp for > > it. "Mysterious Homicide. Case closed" > > Given that they had just discovered that the First was camping out in > her house, if Buffy called the cops at all, it was on her cell phone > while Xander was violating the speed limit driving her back home. You're right, good point!

2003-01-10 04:24:37+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Shawn Hill <shill@fas.harvard.edu>)

2003-01-10 07:40:25+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Aethelrede <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net>)

Carmikl wrote in message <3E1D9CE8.4881DF79@rcn.com>... >Teamhair wrote: >> >> Why? We have seen in previous episodes that atleast certain people in >> positions of authority in the town know what is going on and cover up >> problems all the time. I am sure some inspector will come along, take care >> of it all and eventually it will all die away because the townspeople of >> Sunnydale seem to have this uncanny ability to forget really big major >> deals! >> Teamhair >> >Even if the police do nothing, both Eve and Annabelle deserve more than >having their bodies dumped in a ditch somewhere. They were members of a >sisterhood that should have some responsibility to honor it's dead. Well so should all people. We eat dead animals and throw their remains on compost heaps along with the bits of dead vegetables we don't eat. People might deserve a little better when they are dead just because they used to be like what you and I are now: what used to be human could be considered to be deserving of special treatment. Humans have been doing it for around 20,000 years at least: funerals go back to the Neanderthals. Even if you believe they were pre-human animals, they looked after their sick and injured and buried at least some of their dead with loving care. But it depends on your point of view.

2003-01-10 07:55:39+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Aethelrede <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net>)

Fazhoul wrote in message ... >"Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message >news:3E1D92E2.BA88229F@rcn.com... >> >> Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what >> did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she >> deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. >> >> Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even >> if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the >> Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and >> Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel >> manager. > >After six seasons NOW you worry about what they do with the bodies? What >about the bodies of the kids who were killed in the Bronze in "Lie To Me" >from Season 2? Was that The Bronze? Seems to me that it was some private club in what was a good old US bomb shelter with 3 foot thick concrete walls and a door that was only openable from outside (Which strikes me as pretty damn stupid). We even heard good old Spike, multiple murderer but still a nice guy ask "Where's the door handle?". No, I believe you lost out on this one. It was just on TV yesterday. And In "Anne" we saw "Chanterelle" alive and well under another name, so it seems that Ford's silly plan didn't get anyone but him dead. In The Bronze or wherever.

2003-01-10 08:26:12-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Willow.Rose@GTE.net)

Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:<3E1E4DAD.D6AA5EC3@rcn.com>... > Shawn Hill wrote: > > > > Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: > > : Shawn Hill wrote: > > :> > > :> Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: > > :> > > :> : Even if the police do nothing, both Eve and Annabelle deserve more than > > :> : having their bodies dumped in a ditch somewhere. They were members of a > > :> : sisterhood that should have some responsibility to honor it's dead. > > :> > > :> Right now is bit too pressing to worry about such formalities, don't you > > :> think? I mean, right in the midst of battle? > > :> > > :> shawn > > > : It's been a while since Annabelle was killed. > > > > And that whole time, girls are still being attacked and everyone's still scared > > out of their wits. > > > > Shawn > > So they put Annabelle's body in the freezer. Most likely the police took the body and eventually it will be identified and returned to her family and they will give her a proper funeral.

[...]

2003-01-10 09:17:51-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

"Dr. Bond" wrote: > > > > > So they put Annabelle's body in the freezer. > > Most likely the police took the body and eventually > it will be identified and returned to her family and > they will give her a proper funeral. I imagine that Annabelle's family would have a lot of questions about their daughter's death. Since Annabelle wasn't a US citizen, inquires would probably involve the Federal Government.

2003-01-10 13:45:16-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (smaug86@yahoo.com)

"Fazhoul" <Fazhoul@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<v1rcvtau1gvj16@corp.supernews.com>... > "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message > news:3E1D92E2.BA88229F@rcn.com... > > > > Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what > > did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she > > deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. > > > > Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even > > if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the > > Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and > > Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel > > manager. > > After six seasons NOW you worry about what they do with the bodies? Well, it's not a big deal with vampires, but when evil monk guys and demons get whcaked they tend to leave a mess behind. > What > about the bodies of the kids who were killed in the Bronze in "Lie To Me" > from Season 2? That wasn't the Bronze. Anyone who has actually watched the show for more than a handful of episodes would know that. > What about the bodies of all the blind monks that are being > left all over town? Don't you think that would arouse some suspicion? > Especially the several that were left on Buffy's lawn? I guess we could > assume that after the surviving monks run away that they return later with a > clean up crew. The Underpants Gnomes dispose of the bodies. Smaug69

2003-01-11 07:54:34-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Aethelrede wrote: > > Carmikl wrote in message <3E1F003F.C2689F74@rcn.com>... > >"Dr. Bond" wrote: > >> > > > > > >> > > >> > So they put Annabelle's body in the freezer. > >> > >> Most likely the police took the body and eventually > >> it will be identified and returned to her family and > >> they will give her a proper funeral. > > > >I imagine that Annabelle's family would have a lot of questions about > >their daughter's death. Since Annabelle wasn't a US citizen, inquires > >would probably involve the Federal Government. > > More likely her national embassy, the consul resident in her state, > county or city and the local authorities. Foreign governments wouldn't bother with local authorities when inquiring about the murder of one of their citizens any more than out government you bother with local authorities when inquiring about the murder of one of our citizens. > The feds don't usually get involved once you die: Annabelle didn't just die, she was murdered. The case isn't closed > they worry more about > what aliens do while they're still alive. Although they do want all > possible taxes due on the estate...

2003-01-11 09:33:29+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Aethelrede <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net>)

Carmikl wrote in message <3E1F003F.C2689F74@rcn.com>... >"Dr. Bond" wrote: >> > > >> > >> > So they put Annabelle's body in the freezer. >> >> Most likely the police took the body and eventually >> it will be identified and returned to her family and >> they will give her a proper funeral. > >I imagine that Annabelle's family would have a lot of questions about >their daughter's death. Since Annabelle wasn't a US citizen, inquires >would probably involve the Federal Government. More likely her national embassy, the consul resident in her state, county or city and the local authorities. The feds don't usually get involved once you die: they worry more about what aliens do while they're still alive. Although they do want all possible taxes due on the estate...

2003-01-13 08:39:00-08:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Willow.Rose@GTE.net)

Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:<3E203E3A.F3289C1@rcn.com>... > Aethelrede wrote: > > > > Carmikl wrote in message <3E1F003F.C2689F74@rcn.com>... > > >"Dr. Bond" wrote: > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > >> > So they put Annabelle's body in the freezer. > > >> > > >> Most likely the police took the body and eventually > > >> it will be identified and returned to her family and > > >> they will give her a proper funeral. > > > > > >I imagine that Annabelle's family would have a lot of questions about > > >their daughter's death. Since Annabelle wasn't a US citizen, inquires > > >would probably involve the Federal Government. > > > > More likely her national embassy, the consul resident in her state, > > county or city and the local authorities. > > Foreign governments wouldn't bother with local authorities when > inquiring about the murder of one of their citizens any more than out > government you bother with local authorities when inquiring about the > murder of one of our citizens. > > > The feds don't usually get involved once you die: > > Annabelle didn't just die, she was murdered. The case isn't closed It's an 'X-File' now... :)

2003-01-14 20:12:15-06:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Riff Randall <riffrandall@rocknroll.edu>)

On 9 Jan 2003 20:56:06 -0600, Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: >In article <BTR1702-08F68E.17043709012003@nntp.ix.netcom.com>, BTR1701 ><BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote: >> Sunnydale is one of those places, like Cabot Cove, Maine ("Murder, She >> Wrote"), Camp Crystal Lake ("Friday the 13th"), Haddonfield, Illinois >> ("Halloween") and Castle Rock, Maine (nearly every Stephen King book) >> that have a murder rate vastly higher than even the most violent inner >> city ghettos. >> In reality, these places would be under intense investigation by the FBI >> and state police agencies. But as viewers, I guess we're supposed to >> just wink and nod and pretend such things don't matter. >I think it's pretty clear that Jessica Fletcher is one of the world's >most prolific serial killers. I you can follow the trail of bodies >everywhere she travels, and no one ever dies in Cabot Cove when she's >away. >She murders them, and then frames innocent people for the crime. Thank The Powers That Be! I thought I was the only person who noticed this. There's no way somebody like Jessica Fletcher could be so unlucky as to just happen to be around when somebody gets whacked as many times as she has.

2003-01-14 21:49:33+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (sillyman@famous.com)

On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 18:42:04 -0800, Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: >BTR1701 wrote: >> > >> >> In reality, these places would be under intense investigation by the FBI >> and state police agencies. > >Especially since Buffy drives an SUV clearly supporting Terrorism. Well, duh. And the archaic weapons, clearly a ruse to defeat airport security.

2003-01-19 21:02:57+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Mark Evans <mpe@anacon.freeserve.co.uk>)

Dr. Bond <Willow.Rose@gte.net> wrote: > Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:<3E1E4DAD.D6AA5EC3@rcn.com>... >> Shawn Hill wrote: >> > >> > Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: >> > : Shawn Hill wrote: >> > :> >> > :> Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: >> > :> >> > :> : Even if the police do nothing, both Eve and Annabelle deserve more than >> > :> : having their bodies dumped in a ditch somewhere. They were members of a >> > :> : sisterhood that should have some responsibility to honor it's dead. >> > :> >> > :> Right now is bit too pressing to worry about such formalities, don't you >> > :> think? I mean, right in the midst of battle? >> > :> >> > :> shawn >> >> > : It's been a while since Annabelle was killed. >> > >> > And that whole time, girls are still being attacked and everyone's still scared >> > out of their wits. >> > >> > Shawn >> >> So they put Annabelle's body in the freezer. > Most likely the police took the body and eventually > it will be identified and returned to her family and > they will give her a proper funeral. Assuming she remembered to take her passport when she bolted. Otherwise they arn't going to have a clue about her identity.

2003-01-19 21:05:18+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Mark Evans <mpe@anacon.freeserve.co.uk>)

Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote: > In article <96iT9.5012$T5.2311165@news.alltel.net>, drovar > <drovar@alltel.net> wrote: >> "Carmikl" <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message >> news:3E1D92E2.BA88229F@rcn.com... >> > >> > Buffy and Xander discovered Eve's murdered body in a Motel room, what >> > did they do with her body? As a Slayer in Training it would seem she >> > deserves a decent funeral, as did Annabelle. >> > >> > Did they call the police? Did the Motel Manager call the police? Even >> > if they removed the body, did they clean up the blood. It seems like the >> > Sunnydale Police should have a open investigation into Eve's murder, and >> > Xander and Buffy would be witnesses since they were seen by the motel >> > manager. >> >> Well, it is Sunnydale after all. >> >> They probably called the police, gave two-minute statements, and watched as >> the coroner picked up the body. Took about half an hour. Just another >> unsolved Sunnydale murder, the police probably even have a rubber stamp for >> it. "Mysterious Homicide. Case closed" > Given that they had just discovered that the First was camping out in > her house, if Buffy called the cops at all, it was on her cell phone Or even a phone at the Motel. > while Xander was violating the speed limit driving her back home.

2003-01-19 21:07:47+00:00 - Re: Eve's Body - (Mark Evans <mpe@anacon.freeserve.co.uk>)

Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote: > BTR1701 wrote: >> >> >> In reality, these places would be under intense investigation by the FBI >> and state police agencies. > Especially since Buffy drives an SUV clearly supporting Terrorism. Also has a rocket launcher and is a "known associate" of someone who attempted to use a WMD...