FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-22 16:55:42-08:00 - Connor ain't human! - (Corv�n S�pius <corvun_saepius@hotmail.com>)

[This is a repost, for some reason the original never showed up....] All known Vampires are undead. They were people, who died, and then had their bodies become inhabited by Demons. But just for arguments sake, how would you create a Vampire that didn't have to die in order to become a Vampire (a "Living Vampire")? And what would this creature be like? Well, since it was still alive, and never had to die to become a Vampire, it probably wouldn't have to feed on blood to survive but could instead eat normal food. And, since it never had to die, it could probably walk in daylight like a normal human being. Since it wouldn't be an unholy abomination of the human body (since it was never technically human to begin with), holy water may not even harm it. Fire could probably kill it, as would decapitation or a stake through the heart - but those things would kill normal human beings as well. But, since it isn't already dead, a bullet in the head or something would probably kill it. Essentially, this would be a human being with super speed, strength, and senses. But again, how could this "living Vampire" be created? My guess is, two Vampires (all known Vampires being undead) would have to mate and somehow concieve a LIVING (not un-dead) child. The child would be as I said, a "living Vampire", because although it was the offspring of two Vampires it never would have died, and would therefor have a beating heart and breathing lungs - but with the stength, agility, and maybe even the immunity to disease that normal (undead) Vampires have. One could also assume that if you killed this "Living Vampire" through mundane means (like a bullet in the head) and didn't decapitate it, burn it, or drive a stake through its heart, that it would automatically become a normal (undead) Vampire when it died, whether it had ever been bitten or not. Have two Vampires ever mated and produced such a child (with all the pro's of a being Vamp and none of the con's of being un-DEAD); a living, breathing Vampire? Yep. -- - Corv�n S�pius http://oldways.tripod.com/ "Hear now the words of the Witches, the Secrets we hid in the Night, when Dark was our Destiny's Pathway, that Now we bring forth into Light!"

2003-02-22 19:28:05-06:00 - Re: Connor ain't human! - (Darwin Fish <a@a.edu>)

In article <v5g6njgibl6g09@corp.supernews.com>, "Corv���n S���pius" <corvun_saepius@hotmail.com> wrote: > [This is a repost, for some reason the original never showed up....] > > All known Vampires are undead. They were people, who died, and then > had their bodies become inhabited by Demons. But just for arguments > sake, how would you create a Vampire that didn't have to die in order > to become a Vampire (a "Living Vampire")? And what would this creature > be like? > > Well, since it was still alive, and never had to die to become a > Vampire, it probably wouldn't have to feed on blood to survive but > could instead eat normal food. And, since it never had to die, it > could probably walk in daylight like a normal human being. Since it > wouldn't be an unholy abomination of the human body (since it was > never technically human to begin with), holy water may not even harm > it. Fire could probably kill it, as would decapitation or a stake > through the heart - but those things would kill normal human beings as > well. But, since it isn't already dead, a bullet in the head or > something would probably kill it. > > Essentially, this would be a human being with super speed, strength, > and senses. > > But again, how could this "living Vampire" be created? My guess is, > two Vampires (all known Vampires being undead) would have to mate and > somehow concieve a LIVING (not un-dead) child. The child would be as I > said, a "living Vampire", because although it was the offspring of two > Vampires it never would have died, and would therefor have a beating > heart and breathing lungs - but with the stength, agility, and maybe > even the immunity to disease that normal (undead) Vampires have. > > One could also assume that if you killed this "Living Vampire" through > mundane means (like a bullet in the head) and didn't decapitate it, > burn it, or drive a stake through its heart, that it would > automatically become a normal (undead) Vampire when it died, whether > it had ever been bitten or not. > > Have two Vampires ever mated and produced such a child (with all the > pro's of a being Vamp and none of the con's of being un-DEAD); a > living, breathing Vampire? > > Yep. Sounds like Connor should get a cross tattooed to his chest, just in case. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Let the Darwin Fishes swim! www.darwin-fish.com/fish.html -------------------------------------------------------------------------

2003-02-23 14:07:37-08:00 - Re: Connor ain't human! - (Corv�n S�pius <corvun_saepius@hotmail.com>)

In either event, Connor is the result of exactly what I said would be necessary to create a living vampire (two undead vampires mating), and has all of the characteristics you would expect from a living vampire. So if he's not a living vampire, what is he? A koala bear? -- - Corv�n S�pius http://oldways.tripod.com/ "Hear now the words of the Witches, the Secrets we hid in the Night, when Dark was our Destiny's Pathway, that Now we bring forth into Light!" "the q is silent" <j-wagner2@northwestern.edu> wrote in message news:3E592E82.E5CC3F5E@northwestern.edu... "Corv�n S�pius" wrote: > <snip> > Have two Vampires ever mated and produced such a child (with all the > pro's of a being Vamp and none of the con's of being un-DEAD); a > living, breathing Vampire? No living vampires in the Buffy- or Angelverse. Technically, on the shows, vampires can't reproduce, with a human or another vampire or anybody. Connor is a freak of nature, and it's never been explained how exactly it was possible for Darla to become pregnant with him. Hopefully, it'll be explained sometime in the near future, what with the Beast lurking about with some kind of connection to him. -- Jyqm "Take a load off, Fanny Take a load for free Take a load off, Fanny And you put the load right on me"

[...]

2003-02-23 14:26:42-06:00 - Re: Connor ain't human! - (the q is silent <j-wagner2@northwestern.edu>)

"Corv=F9n S=E6pius" wrote: > = <snip> > Have two Vampires ever mated and produced such a child (with all the > pro's of a being Vamp and none of the con's of being un-DEAD); a > living, breathing Vampire? No living vampires in the Buffy- or Angelverse. Technically, on the shows, vampires can't reproduce, with a human or another vampire or anybody. Connor is a freak of nature, and it's never been explained how exactly it was possible for Darla to become pregnant with him. Hopefully, it'll be explained sometime in the near future, what with the Beast lurking about with some kind of connection to him. -- = Jyqm "Take a load off, Fanny Take a load for free Take a load off, Fanny And you put the load right on me"

2003-02-24 09:38:14+00:00 - Re: Connor ain't human! - (Mark Evans <mpe@anacon.freeserve.co.uk>)

the q is silent <j-wagner2@northwestern.edu> wrote: > "Corv�n S�pius" wrote: >> > <snip> >> Have two Vampires ever mated and produced such a child (with all the >> pro's of a being Vamp and none of the con's of being un-DEAD); a >> living, breathing Vampire? > No living vampires in the Buffy- or Angelverse. Technically, on the > shows, vampires can't reproduce, with a human or another vampire or > anybody. Connor is a freak of nature, and it's never been explained how > exactly it was possible for Darla to become pregnant with him. > Hopefully, it'll be explained sometime in the near future, what with the > Beast lurking about with some kind of connection to him. How many reincarnated Buffyverse vampires have we seen? Maybe being able to have children is perfectly normal in such cases.

2003-02-24 14:07:11-08:00 - Re: Connor ain't human! - (Corv�n S�pius <corvun_saepius@hotmail.com>)

Jesus? Yeah I heard of him. His daddy was an all-powerful god, his mommy was a mortal...sounds astoundingly like the story of Hercules. Fiction is great, ain't it? -- - Corv�n S�pius http://oldways.tripod.com/ "Hear now the words of the Witches, the Secrets we hid in the Night, when Dark was our Destiny's Pathway, that Now we bring forth into Light!" "PJ Browning" <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:3E5A6A9F.9060308@pacbell.net... > > > Corv�n S�pius wrote: > > > > So if he's not a living vampire, what is he? A koala bear? > > He is a human who had a miracle conception and birth. > > he's not the first. there are thousands of folks that accept the story > of another miracle child. Born about 2003 years ago. Name of Jesus. > >

2003-02-24 14:07:11-08:00 - Re: Connor ain't human! - (Corv�n S�pius <corvun_saepius@hotmail.com>)

Jesus? Yeah I heard of him. His daddy was an all-powerful god, his mommy was a mortal...sounds astoundingly like the story of Hercules. Fiction is great, ain't it? -- - Corv�n S�pius http://oldways.tripod.com/ "Hear now the words of the Witches, the Secrets we hid in the Night, when Dark was our Destiny's Pathway, that Now we bring forth into Light!" "PJ Browning" <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:3E5A6A9F.9060308@pacbell.net... > > > Corv�n S�pius wrote: > > > > So if he's not a living vampire, what is he? A koala bear? > > He is a human who had a miracle conception and birth. > > he's not the first. there are thousands of folks that accept the story > of another miracle child. Born about 2003 years ago. Name of Jesus. > >

2003-02-24 18:52:52+00:00 - Re: Connor ain't human! - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

the q is silent wrote: > > Connor is a freak of nature, and it's never been explained how > exactly it was possible for Darla to become pregnant with him. How was it that Angel got into Kate's apartment when she wasn't dead yet. Sometimes miracles happen. > what with the > Beast lurking about with some kind of connection to him. You haven't been keeping up have you. Connor has no connection to the Beast. Not a direct one like you are implying.

2003-02-24 18:54:31+00:00 - Re: Connor ain't human! - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

Corv�n S�pius wrote: > > So if he's not a living vampire, what is he? A koala bear? He is a human who had a miracle conception and birth. he's not the first. there are thousands of folks that accept the story of another miracle child. Born about 2003 years ago. Name of Jesus.

2003-02-24 18:54:31+00:00 - Re: Connor ain't human! - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

Corv�n S�pius wrote: > > So if he's not a living vampire, what is he? A koala bear? He is a human who had a miracle conception and birth. he's not the first. there are thousands of folks that accept the story of another miracle child. Born about 2003 years ago. Name of Jesus.

2003-02-24 19:50:45+00:00 - Re: Connor ain't human! - (AliceFromHell <alicefrommyclotheshell@yahoo.com>)

PJ Browning wrote: > Corv�n S�pius wrote: > > > > So if he's not a living vampire, what is he? A koala bear? > > He is a human who had a miracle conception and birth. > > he's not the first. there are thousands of folks that accept the story > of another miracle child. Born about 2003 years ago. Name of Jesus. If you think about it that way, it could mean that Conner's the antichrist. -- Remove my clothes to reply. "Love isn't brains, children, it's blood: blood screaming inside you to work its will." --Spike, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," season 03, episode 08, "Lover's Walk"

2003-02-25 00:29:50+00:00 - Re: Connor ain't human! - (geoduck@webave.com)

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 18:52:52 GMT, PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote: > > >the q is silent wrote: >> >> Connor is a freak of nature, and it's never been explained how >> exactly it was possible for Darla to become pregnant with him. > >How was it that Angel got into Kate's apartment when she wasn't dead yet. > >Sometimes miracles happen. > > >> what with the >> Beast lurking about with some kind of connection to him. > >You haven't been keeping up have you. Connor has no connection to the >Beast. Not a direct one like you are implying. While that now *appears* to be the case, we don't *know* that. In fact, we still know pretty much zilch about the Beast. -- Geoduck http://www.olywa.net/cook

2003-02-25 00:59:35+00:00 - Re: Connor ain't human! - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

In article <3e5ab890.32808705@nnrp.atgi.net>, Geoduck <geoduck@webave.com> wrote: > In fact, we still know pretty much zilch about the Beast. not true. we know that he was entombed by the Priestesses and that they had magic to protect themselves from him. We know that he emerged from a cosmic hotspot. We know that he isn't the brains of the operation. We know that he is strong as hell and has no apparent weakness. That isn't zilch.