FLM films - My Webpage

2003-04-15 23:13:32-04:00 - Re: DG The best this season Spoilers - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"nimue" <cup_o_cakes@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:wX1na.10897$TR5.120@twister.nyc.rr.com... > Spoiler Space > I > W > A > N > T > S > P > I > K > E > R > I > G > H > T > N > O > W > Wow! What an episode! I was very impressed with the actor who played > Caleb. He was great. Scary and attractive, and all the more loathesome for > being attractive, if you know what I mean. I LOVED the Spike/Faith in the > basement scene -- what fun! The Xander fantasy scene was hilarious, too. > This episode was a perfect blend of humor and darkness. I'm surprised that there were only a few of us who thought so highly of the episode. I thought it was one of the two or three best of the entire year. Everyone was really hitting their marks- Spike/Faith is a perfect match, Nathan Fillion and Eliza Dushku were great in this episode, it was dark, it was funny- it was the best episode since "Conversations With Dead People". And yes, the gouging of Xander's eye was gross and shocking. But I think it had a point. It was to show how grueling, how serious the upcoming battle will be. Some dead SITs won't cut it for us. Did it make me upset? Yes. Would I change it? I don't think so. Plus I do like the fact that they seemed to recognize that a group of teenage girls, potential Slayers or not, would make a rather crappy army. Arnold Kim

[...]

2003-04-16 01:01:16+00:00 - DG The best this season Spoilers - (nimue <cup_o_cakes@yahoo.com>)

Spoiler Space I W A N T S P I K E R I G H T N O W Wow! What an episode! I was very impressed with the actor who played Caleb. He was great. Scary and attractive, and all the more loathesome for being attractive, if you know what I mean. I LOVED the Spike/Faith in the basement scene -- what fun! The Xander fantasy scene was hilarious, too. This episode was a perfect blend of humor and darkness. -- nimue "There is tremendous power in being gentle." LeVar Burton discussing Mr. Rogers Remember, your smile may be the only smile a child receives today.

2003-04-16 01:44:50+00:00 - Re: DG The best this season Spoilers - ("Mr. Plow" <control_z@hotmail.com>)

"nimue" <cup_o_cakes@yahoo.com> wrote in news:wX1na.10897$TR5.120@twister.nyc.rr.com: > Spoiler Space > I > W > A > N > T > S > P > I > K > E > R > I > G > H > T > N > O > W > Wow! What an episode! I was very impressed with the actor who played > Caleb. He was great. Scary and attractive, and all the more > loathesome for being attractive, if you know what I mean. He's a cool dude, you need to buy the Firefly DVD set if it ever comes out, he makes a great outlaw captain.

2003-04-16 05:46:26+00:00 - Re: DG The best this season Spoilers - (JAndJ <a@b.c>)

Arnold Kim wrote in message ... > >"nimue" <cup_o_cakes@yahoo.com> wrote in message >news:wX1na.10897$TR5.120@twister.nyc.rr.com... >> Spoiler Space >> I >> W >> A >> N >> T >> S >> P >> I >> K >> E >> R >> I >> G >> H >> T >> N >> O >I'm surprised that there were only a few of us who thought so highly of the >episode. I thought it was one of the two or three best of the entire year. >Everyone was really hitting their marks- Spike/Faith is a perfect match, >Nathan Fillion and Eliza Dushku were great in this episode, it was dark, it >was funny- it was the best episode since "Conversations With Dead People". > >And yes, the gouging of Xander's eye was gross and shocking. But I think it >had a point. It was to show how grueling, how serious the upcoming battle >will be. Some dead SITs won't cut it for us. Did it make me upset? Yes. >Would I change it? I don't think so. I agree, great episode. It's setting the stage for the big finale and I can't wait (in a bittersweet sort of way). And you're exactly right about Xander getting hurt. It's supposed to make us (and most importantly Buffy) upset. Buffy been all general-like this season and now she paying for it. Her *test* failed and she's knows it. On a side note, as much as I love Spuffy, Spaith (Fike??) very interesting...