FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-23 16:25:13-05:00 - I fineally figured out who Amanda from BTVS reminds me of! - ("Mathew R. Ignash" <mathewignash@comcast.net>)

Just my insane musings, but Amanda on Buffy The Vampire Slayer has always struck me as looking familiar, and I fineally realized who she looks like. She's Sarah Rogers - AKA Crusader from my favorite issue of What If?! Compare them and see! http://angelseries.freeyellow.com/buffy/buffy716-photo5.jpg http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mathew/images/cscrusader3.jpg Just give Amanda a shield, a green cape and a hammer, and that's her! (okay, maybe a little lightening of the hair too.) -- Mathew Homepage - http://mathew.fcpages.com/ Angel web site - http://angel.fcpages.com/

2003-02-23 18:01:50-08:00 - Re: I fineally figured out who Amanda from BTVS reminds me of! - (Corv�n S�pius <corvun_saepius@hotmail.com>)

That's funny, when I looked I didn't think either of them had much to speak of in the breast department. -- - Corv�n S�pius http://oldways.tripod.com/ "Hear now the words of the Witches, the Secrets we hid in the Night, when Dark was our Destiny's Pathway, that Now we bring forth into Light!" "Mathew R. Ignash" <mathewignash@comcast.net> wrote in message news:918411186428198.NC-1.55.mathewignash@news.mi.comcast.giganews.com ... > On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:36:13 GMT, AliceFromHell wrote: > > > > > > > "Mathew R. Ignash" wrote: > > > > > Just my insane musings, but Amanda on Buffy The Vampire Slayer has always struck > > > me as looking familiar, and I fineally realized who she looks like. > > > > > > She's Sarah Rogers - AKA Crusader from my favorite issue of What If?! > > > > > > Compare them and see! > > > > > > http://angelseries.freeyellow.com/buffy/buffy716-photo5.jpg > > > > > > http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mathew/images/cscrusader3.jpg > > > > > > Just give Amanda a shield, a green cape and a hammer, and that's her! (okay, > > > maybe a little lightening of the hair too.) > > > > Don't forget some boobs. > > I just chocked that one up to being a comic book heroine. All women, when drawn > as comic book heroines, gain at least a cup size or two. > > -- > Mathew > Homepage - http://mathew.fcpages.com/ > Angel web site - http://angel.fcpages.com/ >

2003-02-23 18:06:34-08:00 - Re: I fineally figured out who Amanda from BTVS reminds me of! - (Corv�n S�pius <corvun_saepius@hotmail.com>)

Jean Grey has balloon tits? Yeah right! Maybe I'm spoiled by having a busty girlfriend, but I'd call Jean Grey's breasts "pretty big", but definitely not "balloon tits". -- - Corv�n S�pius http://oldways.tripod.com/ "Hear now the words of the Witches, the Secrets we hid in the Night, when Dark was our Destiny's Pathway, that Now we bring forth into Light!" "forge" <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:2kui5v0ack2egk2ln3k542hb1rofvvdlok@4ax.com... > On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:07:57 -0700, William George Ferguson > <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com> wrote: > > >Uncanny, the sequence leading up to JGDOTM, Ali Blaire (Dazzler was > >introduced in the same issue. Kitty showed up at Xavier's on the > >final panel Uncanny X-Men #137 (when JGDOTM). She was consistently > >drawn as 'underendowed' (even compared to Illyanna, who was the same > >physical age) until the latter half of Excalibur. In fact, at the end > >of the original Brood story, when she disguised herself as Phoenix to > >spook the Shi'ar, one of the clues that it was Kitty and not a > >resurrected Jean was the lack of a figure. > > > >In Mekanix (her new comic) she appears to have finally achieved the > >typical superheroine figure, or at least something close to it. But > >then, by now she's a college student, and she's working as a > >bartender, so she's at least 21. > > Hm, you may be right, I seem to remember she was drawn less curvy than > Illyana. I'm sure I saw a couple of frames before her premiere in > Excalibur where she had a fairly grownup figure though. But my > memory's not that great and I don't wanna drag the books out of the > closet. > > Hoping they're not drawing her now with Jean Grey Balloon Tits... >

2003-02-23 18:07:57-07:00 - Re: I fineally figured out who Amanda from BTVS reminds me of! - (William George Ferguson <wmgfrgsn@newsguy.com>)

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 19:16:44 -0500, forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net> wrote: >On 23 Feb 2003 18:38:14 -0500, "Mathew R. Ignash" ><mathewignash@comcast.net> wrote: > >>> > Just give Amanda a shield, a green cape and a hammer, and that's her! (okay, >>> > maybe a little lightening of the hair too.) >>> >>> Don't forget some boobs. >> >>I just chocked that one up to being a comic book heroine. All women, when drawn >>as comic book heroines, gain at least a cup size or two. > >Truth! Look at Kitty Pryde, who was all of 13 when she first appeared >in "Uncanny X-Men." > > >(Or "The New Mutants," or whichever...) Uncanny, the sequence leading up to JGDOTM, Ali Blaire (Dazzler was introduced in the same issue. Kitty showed up at Xavier's on the final panel Uncanny X-Men #137 (when JGDOTM). She was consistently drawn as 'underendowed' (even compared to Illyanna, who was the same physical age) until the latter half of Excalibur. In fact, at the end of the original Brood story, when she disguised herself as Phoenix to spook the Shi'ar, one of the clues that it was Kitty and not a resurrected Jean was the lack of a figure. In Mekanix (her new comic) she appears to have finally achieved the typical superheroine figure, or at least something close to it. But then, by now she's a college student, and she's working as a bartender, so she's at least 21. -- DAWN: ... and my sister is a vampire slayer, her best friend is a witch who went bonkers and tried to destroy the world, um, I actually used to be a little ball of energy until about two years ago when some monks changed the past and made me Buffy's sister and for some reason, a big klepto. My best friends are Leticia Jones, who moved to San Diego because this town is evil, and a floppy eared demon named Clem. (deleted scene from the shooting script of BtVS:Lessons)

2003-02-23 18:38:14-05:00 - Re: I fineally figured out who Amanda from BTVS reminds me of! - ("Mathew R. Ignash" <mathewignash@comcast.net>)

2003-02-23 19:14:59-05:00 - Re: I fineally figured out who Amanda from BTVS reminds me of! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:36:13 GMT, AliceFromHell <alicefrommyclotheshell@yahoo.com> wrote: >> Just give Amanda a shield, a green cape and a hammer, and that's her! (okay, >> maybe a little lightening of the hair too.) > >Don't forget some boobs. Worry not, the boobs will show up eventually.

2003-02-23 19:16:44-05:00 - Re: I fineally figured out who Amanda from BTVS reminds me of! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

2003-02-23 20:53:59-05:00 - Re: I fineally figured out who Amanda from BTVS reminds me of! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

2003-02-23 20:58:56-05:00 - Re: I fineally figured out who Amanda from BTVS reminds me of! - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <918411186428198.NC-1.55.mathewignash@news.mi.comcast.giganews.com>, Mathew R. Ignash <mathewignash@comcast.net> wrote: > On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 23:36:13 GMT, AliceFromHell wrote: > > > > > > > "Mathew R. Ignash" wrote: > > > > > Just my insane musings, but Amanda on Buffy The Vampire Slayer has always > > > struck > > > me as looking familiar, and I fineally realized who she looks like. > > > > > > She's Sarah Rogers - AKA Crusader from my favorite issue of What If?! > > > > > > Compare them and see! > > > > > > http://angelseries.freeyellow.com/buffy/buffy716-photo5.jpg > > > > > > http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mathew/images/cscrusader3.jpg > > > > > > Just give Amanda a shield, a green cape and a hammer, and that's her! > > > (okay, > > > maybe a little lightening of the hair too.) > > > > Don't forget some boobs. > > I just chocked that one up to being a comic book heroine. All women, > when drawn as comic book heroines, gain at least a cup size or two. I once postulated that all the comic book heroines were really flat chested. They just folded up their street clothes and stuffed them into their bras when they changed into their super-hero outfits. The most extreme case of bust enhancement I've ever seen is in the original comic book verions of Cybersix. She looks like an F cup in her leather outfit, but passes as a guy in her secret identity. (The animated TV series reduced her cup size by a few orders of magnitude, making her much more attractive IMHO, and the secret identity thing a bit more believable.) -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2003-02-23 21:55:16-05:00 - Re: I fineally figured out who Amanda from BTVS reminds me of! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:06:34 -0800, "Corv�n S�pius" <corvun_saepius@hotmail.com> wrote: >Jean Grey has balloon tits? Yeah right! Maybe I'm spoiled by having a >busty girlfriend, but I'd call Jean Grey's breasts "pretty big", but >definitely not "balloon tits". Depends which artist is drawing her. I've seen renderings that make her look like she's going be buoyed into the sky by her chest. Seriously.

2003-02-23 21:55:16-05:00 - Re: I fineally figured out who Amanda from BTVS reminds me of! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:06:34 -0800, "Corv�n S�pius" <corvun_saepius@hotmail.com> wrote: >Jean Grey has balloon tits? Yeah right! Maybe I'm spoiled by having a >busty girlfriend, but I'd call Jean Grey's breasts "pretty big", but >definitely not "balloon tits". Depends which artist is drawing her. I've seen renderings that make her look like she's going be buoyed into the sky by her chest. Seriously.

2003-02-23 22:19:00-05:00 - Re: I fineally figured out who Amanda from BTVS reminds me of! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 21:48:40 -0500, "Rowan Hawthorn" <rowan_hawthorn_at_hotmail_dot_com> wrote: >> I just chocked that one up to being a comic book heroine. All women, when >drawn >> as comic book heroines, gain at least a cup size or two. >> >> > >A book I have on comic art says the reason they were done this way >originally was to make the genders more clearly identifiable (yeah, >*right,*) Yyyyyyyyyyeah. Who buys comic books? Billy buys comic books. What does Billy like? Billy likes boobies. End of story. >especially in older comics where the artwork wasn't nearly as >realistic as many today are, and the printing techniques not as refined. This is true on the other hand. I have some issues of "The Greatest [x] Stories Ever Told" and the drawings back at the dawn of time were really primitive.

[...]

2003-02-23 23:36:13+00:00 - Re: I fineally figured out who Amanda from BTVS reminds me of! - (AliceFromHell <alicefrommyclotheshell@yahoo.com>)

"Mathew R. Ignash" wrote: > Just my insane musings, but Amanda on Buffy The Vampire Slayer has always struck > me as looking familiar, and I fineally realized who she looks like. > > She's Sarah Rogers - AKA Crusader from my favorite issue of What If?! > > Compare them and see! > > http://angelseries.freeyellow.com/buffy/buffy716-photo5.jpg > > http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mathew/images/cscrusader3.jpg > > Just give Amanda a shield, a green cape and a hammer, and that's her! (okay, > maybe a little lightening of the hair too.) Don't forget some boobs. -- Remove my clothes to reply. "Love isn't brains, children, it's blood: blood screaming inside you to work its will." --Spike, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," season 03, episode 08, "Lover's Walk"