FLM films - My Webpage

2003-03-18 14:26:02-08:00 - Jessica Alba's big lie! - (cybertigger1@msn.com)

She claims to be an actress. Gregg

2003-03-18 14:26:02-08:00 - Jessica Alba's big lie! - (cybertigger1@msn.com)

She claims to be an actress. Gregg

2003-03-19 07:38:12-08:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (cybertigger1@msn.com)

"Stephen Howe" <sh01@austarnet.com.au> wrote in message news:<b59b07$1ts0$1@austar-news.austar.net.au>... > "Gregg" <cybertigger1@msn.com> wrote in message > news:ea417851.0303181426.4a4762b2@posting.google.com... > > She claims to be an actress. > > > > Gregg > > And you are who exactly????? > > Steve. Steve, This post is actually directed to lab-rat, who keeps posting defamatory messages about our beloved SMG (and singing the praises of Jessica Alba besides). Perhaps I was too subtle with my heading. Gregg

2003-03-19 18:54:06+10:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (Stephen Howe <sh01@austarnet.com.au>)

2003-03-19 21:33:10-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On 18 Mar 2003 14:26:02 -0800, cybertigger1@msn.com (Gregg) wrote: >She claims to be an actress. And she claims those are her real lips.

2003-03-19 21:36:18-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

2003-03-20 16:08:40-08:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (motar@operamail.com)

forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<88ai7vgv7kmtgdc8kpsi6p7aqo2g4vlc6d@4ax.com>... > >> That was nice, but understand if you adjust for age, there is no > >> reason JA couldn't have more awards by the time she is SMG's age. > > By the time she is SMG's age, Jessica Alba will be waiting tables in a > diner in Atlanta. MOTAR would continue to work. She would only need to wait tables if maybe she wanted to buy MOTAR a suprise gift. That is probably 20 years away. Jessica isn't anywhere near as old as the Gellar woman. MOTAR the imperious http://www.angelfire.com/rock/motar/central.html

2003-03-20 16:11:44-08:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (motar@operamail.com)

forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<r2ai7v8u937qtmedg6mnpbogob7b0uoq47@4ax.com>... > On 18 Mar 2003 14:26:02 -0800, cybertigger1@msn.com (Gregg) wrote: > > >She claims to be an actress. > > And she claims those are her real lips. There is a difference between lips and ass. Just because your are connected, that is not the case for others. MOTAR the imperious http://www.angelfire.com/rock/motar/central.html

2003-03-20 22:00:32+00:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (illitrate <jai@illitrate.co.uk>)

In article <0ulh7vom67q2asj6pt4b3b1h7rcbf5pfg4@4ax.com>, lab~rat <chase@cheese.net> wrote: > On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:48:31 -0500, Eeyore48 <eeyore48@baerana.com> > puked: > > >lab~rat wrote: > >> On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:02:17 -0500, Eeyore48 <eeyore48@baerana.com> > >> puked: > >>>lab~rat wrote: > >>>>On 19 Mar 2003 10:05:59 -0800, cybertigger1@msn.com (Gregg) puked: > >>>>>One movie does not negate six years of brilliant acting on TV. Sarah > >>>>>also got good reviews for her performances in "Cruel Intentions" and > >>>>>"Harvard Man," and she won a Daytime Emmy for her performance on "All > >>>>>My Children." How many Emmys has JA won? > >>>> > >>>> > >>>>Wasn't that Emmy for makeup? She didn't even apply it herself, for > >>>>christ sake. Give me a break. > >>> > >>>Um, no. The emmy was for "Outstanding Younger Actress in a Daytime > >>>Drama". Wow, you really are an idiot. An actress WOULDN'T win an emmy > >>>for makeup unless she is a makeup artist - makeup artists get emmys for > >>>makeup. Not that I think a daytime emmy is worth much, much less one > >>>for "younger actresses" but you must have been dropped on the head at > >>>least once a week to think an actress gets an emmy for makeup... (or > >>>costuming, or lighting, or choreography, or writing, etc.) > >>> > >>>I really don't know why you think it makes JA look better to make SMG > >>>look bad, but both have won several awards. Awards for acting are BS, > >>>though, they just all love to pat each other on the back. Especially > >>>crap like Saturn Awards, Teen Choice Awards, Young Artists Awards, etc. > >>> Still, if you want to compare, here you go: > >> > >> > >> <snip list of awards> > >> > >> That was nice, but understand if you adjust for age, there is no > >> reason JA couldn't have more awards by the time she is SMG's age. > > > >OK, I dont' think JA is a bad actress or anything. I dont' have to hate > >all other actresses just because I like SMG. Don't know why you feel > >you have to hate all other actresses just 'cause you like JA. > > I don't. Let's just say that SMG has a special place in my heart... > > >And the > >age difference is only 4 years - you'd be better off saying the career > >length is different since SMG has been acting about 20 years, JA > >apparently less than 10. It's unlikely JA will catch up in the next 4 > >years, but she might catch up in 10 years.) > > That's next on my list. As soon as I drop the final nails in the BK > ad casket comes her real age. you could always get a sample and carbon date it -- -- --- "now that you're dead, what're you gonna do with the rest of your life?"

2003-03-21 00:45:00-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:56:31 -0500, "Lord Phoenix" <Phoenix140@Hot_nospam_mail.com> wrote: >> >Hmmm... Gellar has a brown belt [then again its in Tae Kwon Do but its >> >better than nothing], Alba has what? Her Dark Angel training? Yeah... >> >right... >> Ok, I suppose there is proof of THAT somewhere? Once a liar, always a >> liar, Jessica Alba did her own stunts and SMG didn't, so I tend to >> think this is a little more wonky puff. >I would bet there is... >Gellar was not allowed to do her own stunts on Buffy. None of the credited >cast were. And further, anyone who says "the star does her own stunts" in ANY production of ANYTHING is LYING. "The star does her own POSES and they inter-cut them with stunts performed by professionals" would be the only accurate way to say it. Jessica Alba didn't do her own stunts or fight scenes. Neither does Sarah, neither does Jennifer Garner. Get over it already.

2003-03-21 00:58:40-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (Eeyore48 <eeyore48@baerana.com>)

forge wrote: > On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:56:31 -0500, "Lord Phoenix" > <Phoenix140@Hot_nospam_mail.com> wrote: > > >>>>Hmmm... Gellar has a brown belt [then again its in Tae Kwon Do but its >>>>better than nothing], Alba has what? Her Dark Angel training? Yeah... >>>>right... >>> > >>>Ok, I suppose there is proof of THAT somewhere? Once a liar, always a >>>liar, Jessica Alba did her own stunts and SMG didn't, so I tend to >>>think this is a little more wonky puff. >> > >>I would bet there is... >>Gellar was not allowed to do her own stunts on Buffy. None of the credited >>cast were. > > > And further, anyone who says "the star does her own stunts" in ANY > production of ANYTHING is LYING. "The star does her own POSES > and they inter-cut them with stunts performed by professionals" would > be the only accurate way to say it. Jessica Alba didn't do her own > stunts or fight scenes. Neither does Sarah, neither does Jennifer > Garner. Get over it already. Yeah, you can tell when someone does their own stunts some of the time, because they are always in one cast or another (like Jackie Chan). And even he doesn't do *all* his own stunts. There is a reason actors don't do their own stunts and it isn't because they are pussies or something - the movies/TV show can't get insurance if they do, since a celebrity with a cast, or even just some cuts, etc. costs the movie/TV show thousands in delays to the film, etc. Yet they LOVE to say they do.

2003-03-21 23:33:07+00:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com>)

2003-03-21 23:50:29-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (-Andy- <a.stoffel@spamworm.adelphia.net>)

In article <Xns9345BE2E2C8D0clarkrsmindspringcom@65.82.44.187>, Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com> wrote: > > > > And further, anyone who says "the star does her own stunts" in ANY > > production of ANYTHING is LYING. > > Michelle Yeoh did her own stunts. That's a bit different though.... she started out doing Hong Kong martial arts movies IIRC. The actors in those kinds of action movies DO their own stunts. Besides being in a different country with different expectations/rules. THe fact that she can actually act beyond the action is a nice bonus. -Andy-

2003-03-22 00:16:16-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (Lord Phoenix <Phoenix140@Hot_nospam_mail.com>)

2003-03-23 13:51:36-06:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - ("Rev. Cyohtee - O'k�home Ehohatse" <cyohtee@barbarian.org>)

Out of the ether Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com> rose up and issued forth: >-Andy- <a.stoffel@spamworm.adelphia.net> wrote in news:a.stoffel- >6C8545.23502821032003@news-east.giganews.com: > >> In article <Xns9345BE2E2C8D0clarkrsmindspringcom@65.82.44.187>, >> Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com> wrote: >> >>> > >>> > And further, anyone who says "the star does her own stunts" in ANY >>> > production of ANYTHING is LYING. >>> >>> Michelle Yeoh did her own stunts. >> >> That's a bit different though.... > >How so? She was a star. She did her own stunts. When she did so, it was >in some production of something. > >I think that pretty much fulfills the conditions of the statement I was >responding to. It is very easy to argue with absolute statements. > How about the part where those movies were in Hong Kong, not the US, and thus not subject to the same insurance problems. -- Cyo cyohtee@ucan.foad.org http://www.barbarian.org/~cyohtee http://www.barbarian.org "I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." - Lily Tomlin

2003-03-23 14:39:32+00:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com>)

-Andy- <a.stoffel@spamworm.adelphia.net> wrote in news:a.stoffel- 6C8545.23502821032003@news-east.giganews.com: > In article <Xns9345BE2E2C8D0clarkrsmindspringcom@65.82.44.187>, > Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com> wrote: > >> > >> > And further, anyone who says "the star does her own stunts" in ANY >> > production of ANYTHING is LYING. >> >> Michelle Yeoh did her own stunts. > > That's a bit different though.... How so? She was a star. She did her own stunts. When she did so, it was in some production of something. I think that pretty much fulfills the conditions of the statement I was responding to. It is very easy to argue with absolute statements. >she started out doing Hong Kong > martial arts movies IIRC. The actors in those kinds of action movies DO > their own stunts. Besides being in a different country with different > expectations/rules. > > THe fact that she can actually act beyond the action is a nice bonus. > > -Andy-

2003-03-23 15:16:55+00:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (Teamhair <teamhair@mchsi.com>)

"Justine Jones" <justine@cix.co.uk> wrote in message news:memo.20030322152808.55775A@aopz18@xtreme.pipex.net.dial.pipex.com... > In article <b5gril$kd1$1@grapevine.wam.umd.edu>, > Phoenix140@Hot_nospam_mail.com (Lord Phoenix) wrote: > > > > That's a bit different though.... she started out doing Hong Kong > > > martial arts movies IIRC. The actors in those kinds of action movies > > > DO > > > their own stunts. Besides being in a different country with different > > > expectations/rules. > > > > > > > > Like Jakie Chan. And the longer he is doing american movies the less > > stunts > > he does... > > > > > > > To be fair he is nearly 50 - I'm sure he did a lot more when he was > younger. Well the other thing is that the production companies don't want him doing his own stunts because they are afraid that they will lose their star to either to an accident that slows down production or an accident that stops production completely. Remember its all about the money and the actors hardly have a whole lot of say in it. Teamhair PS Jackie has actually mentioned this in an interview.

2003-03-24 00:33:08-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On 21 Mar 2003 05:42:22 -0800, nospampleasewerebritish@illitrate.co.uk (repo23) wrote: >i bet that's the same with Angel as well isn't it? how lame is that? >the tv networks or whoever it was that imposed that should be shot - >especially in these days when most serious actors are doing a lot of >their own stunts, it's not fair on the cast of the shows to restrict >them from being able to add the sense of realism Actors do not do their own stunts. Are you seriously that gullible? If an actor gets injured doing a stunt, the production is halted to the tune of several million dollars a day. If on the other hand a stunt man gets hurt, they just bring in another stunt man.

2003-03-24 00:33:43-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 23:33:07 GMT, Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com> wrote: >> And further, anyone who says "the star does her own stunts" in ANY >> production of ANYTHING is LYING. > >Michelle Yeoh did her own stunts. Maybe. But probably not all.

2003-03-24 00:34:37-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 00:16:16 -0500, "Lord Phoenix" <Phoenix140@Hot_nospam_mail.com> wrote: >Like Jakie Chan. And the longer he is doing american movies the less stunts >he does... Also the fact that he's older and more highly valued in the productions he works in.

2003-03-24 00:35:55-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 02:44:46 GMT, Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com> wrote: >Where in the statement, "And further, anyone who says "the star does her >own stunts" in ANY production of ANYTHING is LYING" is any mention made >of US insurance problems. I see no reason to rebut things that weren't >even said. Oh good God, pick pick pick.

2003-03-24 02:44:46+00:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com>)

Rev. Cyohtee - O'k���home Ehohatse <cyohtee@barbarian.org> wrote in news:s04s7v4ddf54fn8lhigq3nghdjnp225ptq@4ax.com: > Out of the ether Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com> rose up > and issued forth: > >>-Andy- <a.stoffel@spamworm.adelphia.net> wrote in news:a.stoffel- >>6C8545.23502821032003@news-east.giganews.com: >> >>> In article <Xns9345BE2E2C8D0clarkrsmindspringcom@65.82.44.187>, >>> Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com> wrote: >>> >>>> > >>>> > And further, anyone who says "the star does her own stunts" in >>>> > ANY production of ANYTHING is LYING. >>>> >>>> Michelle Yeoh did her own stunts. >>> >>> That's a bit different though.... >> >>How so? She was a star. She did her own stunts. When she did so, it >>was in some production of something. >> >>I think that pretty much fulfills the conditions of the statement I >>was responding to. It is very easy to argue with absolute statements. >> > > How about the part where those movies were in Hong Kong, not the US, > and thus not subject to the same insurance problems. Where in the statement, "And further, anyone who says "the star does her own stunts" in ANY production of ANYTHING is LYING" is any mention made of US insurance problems. I see no reason to rebut things that weren't even said. > > > -- > Cyo cyohtee@ucan.foad.org > http://www.barbarian.org/~cyohtee http://www.barbarian.org > "I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more > specific." - Lily Tomlin >

[...]

2003-03-24 14:54:27-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (Chelsea Christenson <Chelsea.Christenson@oracle.com>)

Lord Phoenix wrote: > > That's a bit different though.... she started out doing Hong Kong > > martial arts movies IIRC. The actors in those kinds of action movies DO > > their own stunts. Besides being in a different country with different > > expectations/rules. > > Like Jakie Chan. And the longer he is doing american movies the less stunts > he does... He's something like 46 years old. The longer he survives, the fewer stunts he'll do.

2003-03-24 22:45:11-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:29:57 GMT, illitrate <jai@illitrate.co.uk> wrote: >it's not _hard_ or _dangerous_ to do your own stunts/fights - it's >choreographed and there's minimal risk because everyone knows exactly >what's going to happen No one can predict what's going to happen. If they could we'd still have Brandon Lee.

2003-03-25 07:49:29-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (lab~rat <chase@cheese.net>)

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:45:11 -0500, forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net> puked: >On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:29:57 GMT, illitrate <jai@illitrate.co.uk> >wrote: > >>it's not _hard_ or _dangerous_ to do your own stunts/fights - it's >>choreographed and there's minimal risk because everyone knows exactly >>what's going to happen > >No one can predict what's going to happen. If they could we'd still >have Brandon Lee. Didn't he blow his brains out with a blank gun? That's different than doing physical stunts in my book... -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

2003-03-25 15:42:45+00:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com>)

forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net> wrote in news:g96t7vo7hufvnf4eibdcdo3ni36pl3vaju@4ax.com: > On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 02:44:46 GMT, Robert Scott Clark > <clarkrs@mindspring.com> wrote: > >>Where in the statement, "And further, anyone who says "the star does her >>own stunts" in ANY production of ANYTHING is LYING" is any mention made >>of US insurance problems. I see no reason to rebut things that weren't >>even said. > > Oh good God, pick pick pick. > > Don't like it, then avoid making absolute statements.

2003-03-25 22:04:17+00:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (Bill Reid <hormelfree@happyhealthy.net>)

lab~rat <chase@cheese.net> wrote in message news:g1k08v4ggob63526ml3qam3d6gfjsjsam7@4ax.com... > On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 22:45:11 -0500, forge > <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net> puked: > > >On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:29:57 GMT, illitrate <jai@illitrate.co.uk> > >wrote: > > > >>it's not _hard_ or _dangerous_ to do your own stunts/fights - it's > >>choreographed and there's minimal risk because everyone knows exactly > >>what's going to happen > > I don't know about that. Some of the stunts on "Buffy" in seasons 2 through 4 looked pretty brutal no matter how carefully they did them (which is kind of why I liked them). They did things like have people get body slammed down on a table with half of their back off the edge of the table so they'd flip onto their heads on the floor, people would get thrown face first into a wall, etc. My understanding was that "Buffy"'s stunt double sustained several back and leg fractures during the show. > >No one can predict what's going to happen. If they could we'd still > >have Brandon Lee. > > Didn't he blow his brains out with a blank gun? That was John Huxum. He put a gun loaded with blanks to his head and pulled the trigger as a joke. The joke was on him: his brains were all over the set. Brandon Lee was shot in the abdomen by a bullet that had lodged in the barrel after a misfire a couple of weeks earlier. They had used the gun to shot holes in some props on the set, and the last shot was a misfire. They never cleared out the bullet, then used the same gun later with blanks in a scene where "The Crow" gets shot, and the Lee family longevity tradition was carried on... --- William Ernest Reid

2003-03-25 23:34:56-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:42:45 GMT, Robert Scott Clark <clarkrs@mindspring.com> wrote: >> Oh good God, pick pick pick. >> >> > >Don't like it, then avoid making absolute statements. I'll meet ya halfway.

2003-03-26 13:54:45-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (lab~rat <chase@cheese.net>)

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:04:17 GMT, "Bill Reid" <hormelfree@happyhealthy.net> puked: >Brandon Lee was shot in the abdomen by a bullet that had lodged >in the barrel after a misfire a couple of weeks earlier. They had >used the gun to shot holes in some props on the set, and the >last shot was a misfire. They never cleared out the bullet, then >used the same gun later with blanks in a scene where "The Crow" gets >shot, and the Lee family longevity tradition was carried on... > I knew it had something to do with a gun. Nonetheless, I don't know if I would consider his death something that happened during a stunt by the strictest definition of the word. That could happen to someone that never does their own stunts. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

2003-03-27 20:15:10-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:46:25 -0500, "Tyler Sherkin" <t_sherkin@hotmail.com> wrote: >I('d heard she USED to do her own stunts when the show was in its first few >seasons. Nope, a harmless fabrication.

2003-03-27 20:15:52-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:57:31 GMT, illitrate <jai@illitrate.co.uk> wrote: >> > Yeah, that's the reason SMG doesn't do her stunts. It came to me when >> > I was having dinner with Morgan Fairchild... >> I('d heard she USED to do her own stunts when the show was in its first few >> seasons. > >yup - but as there were only 2 seasons of dark angel, that would be all >of them then :) :) He meant Sarah you dolt.

2003-03-28 00:14:17-05:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (Eeyore48 <eeyore48@baerana.com>)

DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote: > On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:29:57 GMT, illitrate <jai@illitrate.co.uk> wrote: > > >>In article <6bhu7vgk8u4p95v9pgoofsh7if0pd1q8rp@4ax.com>, lab~rat >><chase@cheese.net> wrote: >> >> >>>On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 00:45:00 -0500, forge >>><bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net> puked: >>> >>> >>>>On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:56:31 -0500, "Lord Phoenix" >>>><Phoenix140@Hot_nospam_mail.com> wrote: >>>> >>>> >>>>>>>Hmmm... Gellar has a brown belt [then again its in Tae Kwon Do but its >>>>>>>better than nothing], Alba has what? Her Dark Angel training? Yeah... >>>>>>>right... >>>>>> >>>>>>Ok, I suppose there is proof of THAT somewhere? Once a liar, always a >>>>>>liar, Jessica Alba did her own stunts and SMG didn't, so I tend to >>>>>>think this is a little more wonky puff. >>>>> >>>>>I would bet there is... >>>>>Gellar was not allowed to do her own stunts on Buffy. None of the credited >>>>>cast were. >>>> >>>>And further, anyone who says "the star does her own stunts" in ANY >>>>production of ANYTHING is LYING. "The star does her own POSES >>>>and they inter-cut them with stunts performed by professionals" would >>>>be the only accurate way to say it. Jessica Alba didn't do her own >>>>stunts or fight scenes. Neither does Sarah, neither does Jennifer >>>>Garner. Get over it already. >>> >>>Perhaps there were stunts that JA didn't do, but she definitely did >>>many of them, including riding a motorcycle. I remember seeing a >>>segment on a local station that showed her doing stunts and blocking >>>for fight scenes. >> >>absolutely - i know for a fact that jessica did the fight scenes her >>self. and i'm pretty sure jennifer garner does them too in alias. it >>was certainly her fighting in daredevil >>it's not _hard_ or _dangerous_ to do your own stunts/fights - it's >>choreographed and there's minimal risk because everyone knows exactly >>what's going to happen >>so it's a real shame if the producers of a show are too scared to let >>their stars do more than just pretend > > > I've seen them substitute doubles when Jennifer Garner does a difficult kick. > You can tell from the way they shoot it because you don't see the face of the > person doing the kick. JA probably did the same thing. Neither of them are > martial arts experts so it's understandable. Even if they were martial arts experts, they wouldn't do ALL their stunts, or even most. Jackie Chan is a martial arts expert. He has broken his various limbs and experienced other injuries in the course of making movies many times. This is an unacceptable practice to insurance companies insuring US movies - if someone is in a cast, it delays filming and costs $$$. They simply won't insure your movie if your people are doing too much physical stuff. I don't blame any actor or actress for not doing any of their stunts, and don't really know why they all feel the need to try to present the illusion that they do.

2003-04-22 07:31:35-04:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:12:37 -0400, "Lord Phoenix" <Phoenix140@Hot_nospam_mail.com> wrote: >> Of course you have to bear in mind that the only networks that carried >> the show would be the radio equivalent of the C.B. > >What, FOX? Its got the best shows [as a whole] on TV and is received >everywhere. Well, that about wraps it up for YOUR credibility. "Received everywhere" possibly; best shows? Not since they assraped "Firefly" they don't. They haven't got a single thing worth watching other than "The Simpsons."

2003-04-22 09:05:31-04:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (lab~rat <chase@cheese.net>)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:31:35 -0400, forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net> puked: >On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:12:37 -0400, "Lord Phoenix" ><Phoenix140@Hot_nospam_mail.com> wrote: > >>> Of course you have to bear in mind that the only networks that carried >>> the show would be the radio equivalent of the C.B. >> >>What, FOX? Its got the best shows [as a whole] on TV and is received >>everywhere. > >Well, that about wraps it up for YOUR credibility. "Received >everywhere" possibly; best shows? Not since they assraped "Firefly" >they don't. They haven't got a single thing worth watching other than >"The Simpsons." I'm hoping "The Pitts" will sprout legs, but after seeing three episodes, I'm not too sure. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

2003-04-22 09:05:31-04:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (lab~rat <chase@cheese.net>)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:31:35 -0400, forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net> puked: >On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:12:37 -0400, "Lord Phoenix" ><Phoenix140@Hot_nospam_mail.com> wrote: > >>> Of course you have to bear in mind that the only networks that carried >>> the show would be the radio equivalent of the C.B. >> >>What, FOX? Its got the best shows [as a whole] on TV and is received >>everywhere. > >Well, that about wraps it up for YOUR credibility. "Received >everywhere" possibly; best shows? Not since they assraped "Firefly" >they don't. They haven't got a single thing worth watching other than >"The Simpsons." I'm hoping "The Pitts" will sprout legs, but after seeing three episodes, I'm not too sure. -- lab~rat >:-) Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

2003-04-22 10:43:44-04:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (Lord Phoenix <Phoenix140@Hot_nospam_mail.com>)

Ok, they had. A lot of their regular shows now are attempts to recreate the Simpsons, Married With Children, or Malcom in the Middle. -- Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

2003-04-22 23:41:41-04:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's big lie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:43:44 -0400, "Lord Phoenix" <Phoenix140@Hot_nospam_mail.com> wrote: >Ok, they had. A lot of their regular shows now are attempts to recreate the >Simpsons, Married With Children, or Malcom in the Middle. No kidding, what's with that moronic "Wonder Years" remake? Bleeehhhh.

2003-04-22 23:59:09-04:00 - Re: Jessica Alba's a big hottie! - (forge <bake455@spamsucks.bellsouth.net>)

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 07:11:38 +1000, "napalm68" <napalm68@fXXkbigpond.optushome.com.au> wrote: >OK, I am sick of looking at this thread named as it is. Lets change it to >something more positive 'Kay. She is, y'know. Big, I mean. Huge in fact; I think she's up to about a size 15. = )