FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-19 10:34:16-06:00 - Get it Done comments - (Alan Coleman Waltrip <awaltrip@cableone.net>)

SPOO SPACE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 I'll be the first to admit that I'm loving this season so far. I'm going through it unspoiled (as much as you can be when your online), and I've been spoiler free since the fifth season. It makes shows *so* much better. Anyways, this is one of my favorite episodes, so some comments and questions... 1) Why is Kennedy in charge? I mean, besides being Willow's girlfriend, does she have any qualifications to be training the other potentials? I want to like Kennedy... I really do. But the character suffers from Riley-syndrome. I never really liked Riley simply for the fact that he wasn't Angel, and Buffy will always belong with Angel. Kennedy isn't Tara, nor can she ever come close. Willow belongs with Tara... so that's my logic. 2) And while I'm talking about Kennedy... how old is she supposed to be? Buffy was 14 when she was called. Faith was a bit older, and Kenda was in between their ages. Now, most of the potentials seem to be around 16 years of age. If Willow is 20 or 21... isn't that statutory rape, if they have in fact had sex? Just a thought. 3) Andrew rules. Spike rules more, especially evil Spike. The only thing better than evil Spike is evil Spike with a soul. I'd love to, at some point, see a conversation between Angel and Spike about everything that has happened. 4) I'm starting to think that Fray is purposely being delayed, so that Joss can tie it in with the season finale. Issues 7 and 8 are now slated for release in April and May, around the time the finale will air. I really don't have a problem with it, I just wish I hadn't been waiting so long for Fray to be released. That's really all my comments. It was a solid episode, Scary, funny, everything Buffy should and always has been. --Alan

2003-02-20 00:03:47+00:00 - Re: Get it Done comments - (Caitlin <mottc@cox.net>)

-- <~*Caitlin*~> "Alan Coleman Waltrip" <awaltrip@cableone.net> wrote in message news:v57cdp44na9dad@corp.supernews.com... > SPOO SPACE > > 1 > > 2 > > 3 > > 4 > > 5 > > 6 > > 7 > > 8 > > 9 > > 10 > > > 1) Why is Kennedy in charge? I mean, besides being Willow's girlfriend, does > she have any qualifications to be training the other potentials? I want to > like Kennedy... I really do. But the character suffers from Riley-syndrome. > I never really liked Riley simply for the fact that he wasn't Angel, and > Buffy will always belong with Angel. Kennedy isn't Tara, nor can she ever > come close. Willow belongs with Tara... so that's my logic. I think that because she is older, and obviously had some sort of previous training. "Angel's our friend! Except I don't like him." - Xander

[...]

2003-02-20 07:29:01+00:00 - Re: Get it Done comments - (PaulK <blah@nospam.com>)

Alan Coleman Waltrip wrote: > > SPOO SPACE > > 1 > > 2 > > 3 > > 4 > > 5 > > 6 > > 7 > > 8 > > 9 > > 10 > > I'll be the first to admit that I'm loving this season so far. I'm going > through it unspoiled (as much as you can be when your online), and I've been > spoiler free since the fifth season. It makes shows *so* much better. > Anyways, this is one of my favorite episodes, so some comments and > questions... > > 1) Why is Kennedy in charge? I mean, besides being Willow's girlfriend, does > she have any qualifications to be training the other potentials? I think you nailed it. Apparently, if you get involved with one of the Scoobies, you gain special status. > 3) Andrew rules. Spike rules more, especially evil Spike. The only thing > better than evil Spike is evil Spike with a soul. I'd love to, at some > point, see a conversation between Angel and Spike about everything that has > happened. I agree 100% with all of the above :) -PaulK

2003-02-20 13:25:05+08:00 - Re: Get it Done comments - (Krissy <krissy@hotmail.com>)

"Alan Coleman Waltrip" <awaltrip@cableone.net> wrote in message news:v57cdp44na9dad@corp.supernews.com... > SPOO SPACE > > 1 > > 2 > > 3 > > 4 > > 5 > > 6 > > 7 > > 8 > > 9 > > 10 > > I'll be the first to admit that I'm loving this season so far. I'm going > through it unspoiled (as much as you can be when your online), and I've been > spoiler free since the fifth season. It makes shows *so* much better. > Anyways, this is one of my favorite episodes, so some comments and > questions... > > 1) Why is Kennedy in charge? I mean, besides being Willow's girlfriend, does > she have any qualifications to be training the other potentials? I want to > like Kennedy... I really do. But the character suffers from Riley-syndrome. > I never really liked Riley simply for the fact that he wasn't Angel, and > Buffy will always belong with Angel. Kennedy isn't Tara, nor can she ever > come close. Willow belongs with Tara... so that's my logic. > > 2) And while I'm talking about Kennedy... how old is she supposed to be? > Buffy was 14 when she was called. Faith was a bit older, and Kenda was in > between their ages. Now, most of the potentials seem to be around 16 years > of age. If Willow is 20 or 21... isn't that statutory rape, if they have in > fact had sex? Just a thought. In the shooting script it says that Kennedy is about 19 Her actual age has never been mentioned on the show though. In one episode, Kennedy does mention that she is prehaps too old to be called as the slayer. > > 3) Andrew rules. Spike rules more, especially evil Spike. The only thing > better than evil Spike is evil Spike with a soul. I'd love to, at some > point, see a conversation between Angel and Spike about everything that has > happened. > > 4) I'm starting to think that Fray is purposely being delayed, so that Joss > can tie it in with the season finale. Issues 7 and 8 are now slated for > release in April and May, around the time the finale will air. I really > don't have a problem with it, I just wish I hadn't been waiting so long for > Fray to be released. > > That's really all my comments. It was a solid episode, Scary, funny, > everything Buffy should and always has been. > > --Alan > >

2003-02-24 02:04:41+00:00 - Re: Get it Done comments - (quester@infi.net)

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:34:16 -0600, "Alan Coleman Waltrip" <awaltrip@cableone.net> wrote: >SPOO SPACE > >1 > >2 > >3 > >4 > >5 > >6 > >7 > >8 > >9 > >10 > >I'll be the first to admit that I'm loving this season so far. I'm going >through it unspoiled (as much as you can be when your online), and I've been >spoiler free since the fifth season. It makes shows *so* much better. >Anyways, this is one of my favorite episodes, so some comments and >questions... > >1) Why is Kennedy in charge? I mean, besides being Willow's girlfriend, does >she have any qualifications to be training the other potentials? I want to >like Kennedy... I really do. But the character suffers from Riley-syndrome. >I never really liked Riley simply for the fact that he wasn't Angel, and >Buffy will always belong with Angel. Kennedy isn't Tara, nor can she ever >come close. Willow belongs with Tara... so that's my logic. Kennedy had a watcher and has received many years of training. She is apparently significantly better trained than any of the other SITs, so they are having her give training to the other SITs. She has the advantage that she has lots of free time. Buffy is occupied with her job at the school, random demon slaying and trying to be a general. While Buffy has set up some training exercises, she doesn't have lots of hours free. Having Kennedy act as drill sergeant is a reasonable choice, especially when Giles is (apparently) away. The problem is, Kennedy has been instructed in "how to fight" but she apparently hasn't been instructed in "how to teach". That's an entirely different skillset. Getting excited about calling someone a "maggot" is not what a professional does. >2) And while I'm talking about Kennedy... how old is she supposed to be? >Buffy was 14 when she was called. Faith was a bit older, and Kenda was in >between their ages. Now, most of the potentials seem to be around 16 years >of age. If Willow is 20 or 21... isn't that statutory rape, if they have in >fact had sex? Just a thought. In the show, all they've shown is that Kennedy worries that she might be too old to be called as a Slayer. From the scripts, she's supposed to be 19 years old. No worries.