FLM films - My Webpage

2003-01-06 14:06:08-06:00 - Maybe Buffy WAS killed by the Ubervamp - (Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com>)

Have we seen Buffy in front of a mirror by any chance since Bring On the Night? My thinking is the reason why the Ubervamp left that scene where Buffy was under the construction material is because it knew Buffy was already dead. I think Buffy died fighting the Ubervamp. Whet we're really seeing right now is Buffy's ghost putting on a show for the rest of the Scoobies and the SiT to keep up appearances and give them some confidence. The same for Giles. Don't be fooled by appearances. I believe both Giles and Buffy are dead. Notice Buffy's speech at the end. Buffy said "We're an army." She was referring to the Slayers in Training. Not once did Buffy refer to herself as the Slayer. An interesting omission. Someone is going to make the connection. Either it's Faith, Dawn, Willow or even Kennedy. But someone is going to figure out that the First killed both Buffy and Giles. Whichever the one is who figures out the secret will become the new Slayer. Once that person figures out the secret...the ghost of Buffy will confer the succession of the Slayer role to the one who figures it out. Then again, I could just be plain wrong and just forget about this idea. For now, it looks like Buffy is alive. But what happened at the end of "Bring On the Night" does make me wonder.

2003-01-07 00:16:30+00:00 - Re: Maybe Buffy WAS killed by the Ubervamp - (baj7d@node13.unix.Virginia.EDU)

In article <MPG.1883ab1cfd0f89d3989815@news.cyburban.com>, Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote: >Have we seen Buffy in front of a mirror by any chance since Bring On the >Night? My thinking is the reason why the Ubervamp left that scene where >Buffy was under the construction material is because it knew Buffy was >already dead. > >I think Buffy died fighting the Ubervamp. Whet we're really seeing right >now is Buffy's ghost putting on a show for the rest of the Scoobies and >the SiT to keep up appearances and give them some confidence. The same >for Giles. Don't be fooled by appearances. I believe both Giles and >Buffy are dead. > >Notice Buffy's speech at the end. Buffy said "We're an army." She was >referring to the Slayers in Training. Not once did Buffy refer to >herself as the Slayer. An interesting omission. > >Someone is going to make the connection. Either it's Faith, Dawn, Willow >or even Kennedy. But someone is going to figure out that the First >killed both Buffy and Giles. Whichever the one is who figures out the >secret will become the new Slayer. Once that person figures out the >secret...the ghost of Buffy will confer the succession of the Slayer >role to the one who figures it out. > >Then again, I could just be plain wrong and just forget about this idea. >For now, it looks like Buffy is alive. But what happened at the end of >"Bring On the Night" does make me wonder. Very creepy and very possible, IMO. Maybe that explains the desync between the CC and the dialog at the end of that ep? Holycrap! -Badger -- baj7d@virginia.edu

2003-01-07 02:05:12-05:00 - Re: Maybe Buffy WAS killed by the Ubervamp - (EGK <egk@hotmail.com>)

On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 06:41:43 GMT, "E. Deirdre Brooks" <kalimagdalene@attbi.com> wrote: >Alberich wrote: >> >> Have we seen Buffy in front of a mirror by any chance since Bring On the >> Night? My thinking is the reason why the Ubervamp left that scene where >> Buffy was under the construction material is because it knew Buffy was >> already dead. > >I think that Showtime will give a hint as to why the Turok-han didn't >kill Buffy, and later episodes will reveal it more fully. > >In short: The FE doesn't want Buffy dead for a reason, and it has >something to do with the way the Slayer line works. > >> Then again, I could just be plain wrong and just forget about this idea. >> For now, it looks like Buffy is alive. But what happened at the end of >> "Bring On the Night" does make me wonder. > >This supposition rather breaks the show at this point, I think. We're >going to see a dead Buffy for the next 12 episodes? I doubt it would >work out. It's also a bit contradictory to what happens in Showtime. Spoilers for Showtime and a theory of the end. 0 0 0 0 0 0 Giles and Anya learn in Showtime that Buffy's coming back from the dead has altered mystical forces in the slayer lineage. This is offered as an explanation for why the First Evil is able to strike at this time and is most likely why it doesn't want Buffy killed. I think Buffy's new life is linked with the First's ability to wage it's war. Her return has upset the balance of good and evil. Her death may end the threat and restore that balance. My guess is Buffy is going to return to heaven again at the end of the season, sacrificing herself once more and that will be SMG's swan song from the show. Maybe the rise of the FE is what was actually foreshadowed by Spike's saying there are always consequences when they raised Buffy from the dead. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you" - (Calvin and Hobbes)

[...]

2003-01-07 06:41:43+00:00 - Re: Maybe Buffy WAS killed by the Ubervamp - ("E. Deirdre Brooks" <kalimagdalene@attbi.com>)

Alberich wrote: > > Have we seen Buffy in front of a mirror by any chance since Bring On the > Night? My thinking is the reason why the Ubervamp left that scene where > Buffy was under the construction material is because it knew Buffy was > already dead. I think that Showtime will give a hint as to why the Turok-han didn't kill Buffy, and later episodes will reveal it more fully. In short: The FE doesn't want Buffy dead for a reason, and it has something to do with the way the Slayer line works. > Then again, I could just be plain wrong and just forget about this idea. > For now, it looks like Buffy is alive. But what happened at the end of > "Bring On the Night" does make me wonder. This supposition rather breaks the show at this point, I think. We're going to see a dead Buffy for the next 12 episodes? I doubt it would work out. It's also a bit contradictory to what happens in Showtime. -- E. D. Brooks | kalimagdalene@attbi.com | US2002021724 Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG AeonAdventure | "Why, in my day, we used to fight the Lord of Terror with nothing but a sharp stick!" -- www.reallifecomics.com

2003-01-07 07:09:53-08:00 - Re: Maybe Buffy WAS killed by the Ubervamp - (smaug86@yahoo.com)

Alberich <Alberich@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1883ab1cfd0f89d3989815@news.cyburban.com>... > Have we seen Buffy in front of a mirror by any chance since Bring On the > Night? My thinking is the reason why the Ubervamp left that scene where > Buffy was under the construction material is because it knew Buffy was > already dead. > > I think Buffy died fighting the Ubervamp. Whet we're really seeing right > now is Buffy's ghost putting on a show for the rest of the Scoobies and > the SiT to keep up appearances and give them some confidence. I doubt a ghost needs to be helped out from under a bunch of debris. Buffy was a physical being in that scene. Xander actually helped her up. Move on to the next implausible theory. It's all in good fun. :-) Smaug69

[...]

2003-01-07 09:59:40-08:00 - Re: Maybe Buffy WAS killed by the Ubervamp - (kenm47@ix.netcom.com)

<SNIP> And the problem with this thread is that while the original poster merely speculated, some responses revealed, without warning, spoiler information. Getting hard to follow the group whenever a new episode is on the way if a person doesn't want the spoilers. :-( Ken

2003-01-07 11:59:01+00:00 - Re: Maybe Buffy WAS killed by the Ubervamp - ("E. Deirdre Brooks" <kalimagdalene@attbi.com>)

EGK wrote: > > On Tue, 07 Jan 2003 06:41:43 GMT, "E. Deirdre Brooks" > <kalimagdalene@attbi.com> wrote: > > >Alberich wrote: > >> > >> Have we seen Buffy in front of a mirror by any chance since Bring On the > >> Night? My thinking is the reason why the Ubervamp left that scene where > >> Buffy was under the construction material is because it knew Buffy was > >> already dead. > > > >I think that Showtime will give a hint as to why the Turok-han didn't > >kill Buffy, and later episodes will reveal it more fully. > > > >In short: The FE doesn't want Buffy dead for a reason, and it has > >something to do with the way the Slayer line works. > > > >> Then again, I could just be plain wrong and just forget about this idea. > >> For now, it looks like Buffy is alive. But what happened at the end of > >> "Bring On the Night" does make me wonder. > > > >This supposition rather breaks the show at this point, I think. We're > >going to see a dead Buffy for the next 12 episodes? I doubt it would > >work out. It's also a bit contradictory to what happens in Showtime. > > Spoilers for Showtime and a theory of the end. > > 0 > > 0 > > 0 > > 0 > > 0 > > 0 > > Giles and Anya learn in Showtime that Buffy's coming back from the dead has > altered mystical forces in the slayer lineage. This is offered as an > explanation for why the First Evil is able to strike at this time and is > most likely why it doesn't want Buffy killed. I think Buffy's new life is > linked with the First's ability to wage it's war. Her return has upset the > balance of good and evil. Her death may end the threat and restore that > balance. Yes, I expected something like this. I mean, either Buffy's survival last episode was flukey, or there was something going on. I don't assume the worst every time something seems strange, so "they made the villain stupid" just wasn't on my list of things that happened. > My guess is Buffy is going to return to heaven again at the end of the > season, sacrificing herself once more and that will be SMG's swan song from > the show. Maybe, although I wouldn't bet on it. > Maybe the rise of the FE is what was actually foreshadowed by Spike's saying > there are always consequences when they raised Buffy from the dead. That could be. I mean, raising Buffy has had more than a few consequences. It's definitely a violation of the natural order (but then, so was her death, hence the ability to resurrect her in the first place). -- E. D. Brooks | kalimagdalene@attbi.com | US2002021724 Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG AeonAdventure | "Why, in my day, we used to fight the Lord of Terror with nothing but a sharp stick!" -- www.reallifecomics.com