FLM films - My Webpage

2002-12-02 18:59:26-08:00 - Will Buffy mention Angel next episode? - (Mark_Reichert@hotmail.com)

I'm just wondering how the hell she's going to give the gang the lowdown on what happened in "Amends" without ever mentioning Angel, since UPN would frown upon any mention of that WB show. The bleeping episode entirely revolves around Angel, so cutting him out of the discussion will take a lot of finesse. Not like him casually mentioning that he'd been sent to a hell dimension for a hundred years by his girlfriend, as he did in this season's first episode of Angel.

2002-12-02 18:59:26-08:00 - Will Buffy mention Angel next episode? - (Mark_Reichert@hotmail.com)

I'm just wondering how the hell she's going to give the gang the lowdown on what happened in "Amends" without ever mentioning Angel, since UPN would frown upon any mention of that WB show. The bleeping episode entirely revolves around Angel, so cutting him out of the discussion will take a lot of finesse. Not like him casually mentioning that he'd been sent to a hell dimension for a hundred years by his girlfriend, as he did in this season's first episode of Angel.

2002-12-02 21:29:40-06:00 - Re: Will Buffy mention Angel next episode? - (the q is silent <j-wagner2@northwestern.edu>)

Mark Reichert wrote: > > I'm just wondering how the hell she's going to give the gang the > lowdown on what happened in "Amends" without ever mentioning Angel, > since UPN would frown upon any mention of that WB show. UPN doesn't frown upon anything. And in "Selfless," Buffy, Xander, and Willow had a semi-lengthy discussion about Buffy's killing Angel in "Becoming." -- Jyqm "Take a load off, Fanny Take a load for free Take a load off, Fanny And you put the load right on me"

2002-12-02 21:29:40-06:00 - Re: Will Buffy mention Angel next episode? - (the q is silent <j-wagner2@northwestern.edu>)

Mark Reichert wrote: > > I'm just wondering how the hell she's going to give the gang the > lowdown on what happened in "Amends" without ever mentioning Angel, > since UPN would frown upon any mention of that WB show. UPN doesn't frown upon anything. And in "Selfless," Buffy, Xander, and Willow had a semi-lengthy discussion about Buffy's killing Angel in "Becoming." -- Jyqm "Take a load off, Fanny Take a load for free Take a load off, Fanny And you put the load right on me"

2002-12-02 22:20:54-05:00 - Re: Will Buffy mention Angel next episode? - (Stan Bogert <sbogert{at}charter.net>)

"Mark Reichert" <Mark_Reichert@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:99e65015.0212021859.742e603a@posting.google.com... > I'm just wondering how the hell she's going to give the gang the > lowdown on what happened in "Amends" without ever mentioning Angel, > since UPN would frown upon any mention of that WB show. The bleeping > episode entirely revolves around Angel, so cutting him out of the > discussion will take a lot of finesse. > > Not like him casually mentioning that he'd been sent to a hell > dimension for a hundred years by his girlfriend, as he did in this > season's first episode of Angel. Angel has already been brought up at least twice this season, that I can think of. Once by Buffy, talking to Willow and Xander, about when she sent him to hell. And once by Spike, when he told Buffy that he got his soul back.

2002-12-02 23:41:47-05:00 - Re: Will Buffy mention Angel next episode? - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

JustMe <whome@nospam.com> wrote in message news:xgWG9.19673$wy.1711049@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > > "Stan Bogert" <sbogert{at}charter.net> wrote in message > news:uuo8osnqkdmt88@corp.supernews.com... > > > > "Mark Reichert" <Mark_Reichert@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > news:99e65015.0212021859.742e603a@posting.google.com... > > > I'm just wondering how the hell she's going to give the gang the > > > lowdown on what happened in "Amends" without ever mentioning Angel, > > > since UPN would frown upon any mention of that WB show. The bleeping > > > episode entirely revolves around Angel, so cutting him out of the > > > discussion will take a lot of finesse. > > > > > > Not like him casually mentioning that he'd been sent to a hell > > > dimension for a hundred years by his girlfriend, as he did in this > > > season's first episode of Angel. > > > > Angel has already been brought up at least twice this season, that I can > > think of. Once by Buffy, talking to Willow and Xander, about when she sent > > him to hell. And once by Spike, when he told Buffy that he got his soul > > back. > > > > > Ok, MAYBE it's ok to mention Angel in relation to what has happened > "previously on Buffy" but the networks frown on mentioning, on Buffy, events > that have happened on the show Angel? And vice versa? They may frown on it, but it has happened (though not in a while). I think in the ...third? episode of Angel Season 3, Cordelia and Angel learned that Buffy was brought back to life, which of course took place in a UPN Buffy episode, albeit a very early one. And in the beginning of "Flooded," Buffy comes back from her meeting with Angel, which to that point was only brought up on the show Angel. So both shows have referenced each other, but not in over a year. Arnold Kim

2002-12-03 04:18:37+00:00 - Re: Will Buffy mention Angel next episode? - (JustMe <whome@nospam.com>)

2002-12-03 05:01:11-06:00 - Re: Will Buffy mention Angel next episode? - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <ashcmn$6di$1@bob.news.rcn.net>, Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com> wrote: > JustMe <whome@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:xgWG9.19673$wy.1711049@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > > > > "Stan Bogert" <sbogert{at}charter.net> wrote in message > > news:uuo8osnqkdmt88@corp.supernews.com... > > > > > > "Mark Reichert" <Mark_Reichert@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > > news:99e65015.0212021859.742e603a@posting.google.com... > > > > I'm just wondering how the hell she's going to give the gang the > > > > lowdown on what happened in "Amends" without ever mentioning Angel, > > > > since UPN would frown upon any mention of that WB show. The bleeping > > > > episode entirely revolves around Angel, so cutting him out of the > > > > discussion will take a lot of finesse. > > > > > > > > Not like him casually mentioning that he'd been sent to a hell > > > > dimension for a hundred years by his girlfriend, as he did in this > > > > season's first episode of Angel. > > > > > > Angel has already been brought up at least twice this season, that I can > > > think of. Once by Buffy, talking to Willow and Xander, about when she > sent > > > him to hell. And once by Spike, when he told Buffy that he got his soul > > > back. > > > > > > > > Ok, MAYBE it's ok to mention Angel in relation to what has happened > > "previously on Buffy" but the networks frown on mentioning, on Buffy, > events > > that have happened on the show Angel? And vice versa? > > They may frown on it, but it has happened (though not in a while). I think > in the ...third? episode of Angel Season 3, Cordelia and Angel learned that > Buffy was brought back to life, which of course took place in a UPN Buffy > episode, albeit a very early one. > > And in the beginning of "Flooded," Buffy comes back from her meeting with > Angel, which to that point was only brought up on the show Angel. > > So both shows have referenced each other, but not in over a year. > > Arnold Kim Angel has been mentioned a couple of times this year on Buffy, and Cordy's history as a former resident of Sunnydale has been mentioned a couple of times this year on Angel. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2002-12-03 12:17:26-06:00 - Re: Will Buffy mention Angel next episode? - (Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net>)

In article <031220020913292932%robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net>, Rob Myers <robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net> wrote: > In article <99e65015.0212021859.742e603a@posting.google.com>, Mark > Reichert <Mark_Reichert@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > I'm just wondering how the hell she's going to give the gang the > > lowdown on what happened in "Amends" without ever mentioning Angel, > > since UPN would frown upon any mention of that WB show. The bleeping > > episode entirely revolves around Angel, so cutting him out of the > > discussion will take a lot of finesse. > > As far as I know, the Scoobies are already aware of the events of > "Amends." Cordy referred to the snowfall last year on "Angel." > > But summarizing the events for a new audience while leaving out > references to Angel would indeed be awkward. Why would they leave out references to Angel? They've already had one significant conversation this year that revolved around Angel. -- Don Sample, dsample@synapse.net Visit the Buffy Body Count at http://homepage.mac.com/dsample/ Quando omni flunkus moritati

2002-12-03 14:09:49+00:00 - Re: Will Buffy mention Angel next episode? - (Rob Myers <robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net>)

In article <99e65015.0212021859.742e603a@posting.google.com>, Mark Reichert <Mark_Reichert@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm just wondering how the hell she's going to give the gang the > lowdown on what happened in "Amends" without ever mentioning Angel, > since UPN would frown upon any mention of that WB show. The bleeping > episode entirely revolves around Angel, so cutting him out of the > discussion will take a lot of finesse. As far as I know, the Scoobies are already aware of the events of "Amends." Cordy referred to the snowfall last year on "Angel." But summarizing the events for a new audience while leaving out references to Angel would indeed be awkward. -- rob m at rob myers dot net

2002-12-03 20:36:54-05:00 - Re: Will Buffy mention Angel next episode? - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in message news:031220020558391631%dsample@synapse.net... > In article <ashcmn$6di$1@bob.news.rcn.net>, Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com> > wrote: > > > JustMe <whome@nospam.com> wrote in message > > news:xgWG9.19673$wy.1711049@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca... > > > > > > "Stan Bogert" <sbogert{at}charter.net> wrote in message > > > news:uuo8osnqkdmt88@corp.supernews.com... > > > > > > > > "Mark Reichert" <Mark_Reichert@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > > > news:99e65015.0212021859.742e603a@posting.google.com... > > > > > I'm just wondering how the hell she's going to give the gang the > > > > > lowdown on what happened in "Amends" without ever mentioning Angel, > > > > > since UPN would frown upon any mention of that WB show. The bleeping > > > > > episode entirely revolves around Angel, so cutting him out of the > > > > > discussion will take a lot of finesse. > > > > > > > > > > Not like him casually mentioning that he'd been sent to a hell > > > > > dimension for a hundred years by his girlfriend, as he did in this > > > > > season's first episode of Angel. > > > > > > > > Angel has already been brought up at least twice this season, that I can > > > > think of. Once by Buffy, talking to Willow and Xander, about when she > > sent > > > > him to hell. And once by Spike, when he told Buffy that he got his soul > > > > back. > > > > > > > > > > > Ok, MAYBE it's ok to mention Angel in relation to what has happened > > > "previously on Buffy" but the networks frown on mentioning, on Buffy, > > events > > > that have happened on the show Angel? And vice versa? > > > > They may frown on it, but it has happened (though not in a while). I think > > in the ...third? episode of Angel Season 3, Cordelia and Angel learned that > > Buffy was brought back to life, which of course took place in a UPN Buffy > > episode, albeit a very early one. > > > > And in the beginning of "Flooded," Buffy comes back from her meeting with Whoops, that would be "Life Serial." "Flooded," of course, was when she actually left for the meeting. > > Angel, which to that point was only brought up on the show Angel. > > > > So both shows have referenced each other, but not in over a year. > > > > Arnold Kim > > Angel has been mentioned a couple of times this year on Buffy, and > Cordy's history as a former resident of Sunnydale has been mentioned a > couple of times this year on Angel. Oh of course, but I thought the previous poster was talking about whether either series has referenced each other now that both shows are on different networks. Arnold Kim

2002-12-07 12:30:21+00:00 - Re: Will Buffy mention Angel next episode? - (Philip Chien <nobody@nowhere.com>)

Don Sample <dsample@synapse.net> wrote in news:031220020558391631%dsample@synapse.net: > > Angel has been mentioned a couple of times this year on Buffy, and > Cordy's history as a former resident of Sunnydale has been mentioned a > couple of times this year on Angel. Cordy's even appeared on "Buffy" this season! Check out "Him" where Xander's reminising about love spells and "BB&B". The flashback shows Joyce, Xander, Dawn and Cordy. No Willow though just because she wasn't in that particular shot. There is no rule which states the "Angel" characters cannot be mentioned on "Buffy" or vice versa. The first "Angel" episode last season spoofed the concept where nobody on "Angel" would mention Buffy by name until the very end of the show when Cordelia confronted Angel about Buffy's death. Philip Chien (still wondering when Buffy's going to mention Wesley or Cordelia this year)