FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-11 12:28:19-08:00 - Re: Hellmouth in Sunnydale...what's in LA? - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Mutant Enemy

2003-02-11 12:28:19-08:00 - Re: Hellmouth in Sunnydale...what's in LA? - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Mutant Enemy

2003-02-11 15:44:03-05:00 - Re: Hellmouth in Sunnydale...what's in LA? - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

"Shapeshifter" <jeffron@nopenpals.com> wrote in message news:3e495275.24633742@news1.ns.sympatico.ca... > One Slayer at the Hellmouth, right? To control the baddies. If > that's all that's needed, then what's with all the demonic presence in > LA. Is there another Hellmouth we don't know about? Or doesn't TPTB > care about anywhere else but the Hellmouth? Demons must come from > everywhere, not just the Hellmouth since there seem to be so many in > LA for Angel and Co. to fight. I seem to recall an episode of BtVS, I think, that mentioned one more major hot spot in the U.S. and it was like Muncie, Indiana, or some other very innocuous sounding mid-western city. -- Shannon If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right.

2003-02-11 18:29:01-06:00 - Re: Hellmouth in Sunnydale...what's in LA? - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <antarian-35DA10.11565611022003@newssvr19-ext.news.prodigy.com>, PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote: > In article <3e495275.24633742@news1.ns.sympatico.ca>, > jeffron@nopenpals.com (Shapeshifter) wrote: > > > Demons must come from > > everywhere, not just the Hellmouth since there seem to be so many in > > LA for Angel and Co. to fight. > > the Hellmouth isn't the source of the baddies. they are drawn to it > because it's a cosmic hotspot. A place where magical power is > concentrated. that concentration of power makes certain fun games a lot > easier. > > there are hotspots in L.A. also. Caritas (at least the last one) was > built on a city block that was one major hot spot. Lorne pointed that > out when they were discussing the issue of the Beast and the alley and > Connor's birth spot. Yep, there are obviously other places all over the world where this stuff happens, even if they're not called hellmouths. GUNN We���re assuming it���s a big connect-the-dot that Connor and the devilly guy have this alley in common but isn���t this alley right behind Caritas��� or at least what���s left of it? LORNE Yeah, that whole block is a big fat interdimensional happenin��� hot spot. CORDELIA Except this thing didn���t emerge from a portal so much as a pothole.

2003-02-11 19:48:52+00:00 - Hellmouth in Sunnydale...what's in LA? - (jeffron@nopenpals.com)

2003-02-11 19:55:45+00:00 - Re: Hellmouth in Sunnydale...what's in LA? - (PJ Browning <antarian@pacbell.net>)

2003-02-11 20:06:56+00:00 - Re: Hellmouth in Sunnydale...what's in LA? - (rgorman@telusplanet.net)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:48:52 GMT, jeffron@nopenpals.com (Shapeshifter) wrote: >One Slayer at the Hellmouth, right? To control the baddies. If >that's all that's needed, It isn't. Most of the time the previous Slayers haven't been at the Hellmouth, and the Slayers are not the only champions. hen what's with all the demonic presence in >LA. LA's a big city. Even a small per capita presence of supernaturals adds up to a lot of supernaturals in total.

2003-02-11 22:08:42-05:00 - Re: Hellmouth in Sunnydale...what's in LA? - (michael wheeler <michaeljamesw@mindspring.com>)

"BTR1701" <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:BTR1702-297697.18290111022003@nntp.ix.netcom.com... > In article > <antarian-35DA10.11565611022003@newssvr19-ext.news.prodigy.com>, PJ > Browning <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote: > > > In article <3e495275.24633742@news1.ns.sympatico.ca>, > > jeffron@nopenpals.com (Shapeshifter) wrote: > > > > > Demons must come from > > > everywhere, not just the Hellmouth since there seem to be so many in > > > LA for Angel and Co. to fight. > > > > the Hellmouth isn't the source of the baddies. they are drawn to it > > because it's a cosmic hotspot. A place where magical power is > > concentrated. that concentration of power makes certain fun games a lot > > easier. > > > > there are hotspots in L.A. also. Caritas (at least the last one) was > > built on a city block that was one major hot spot. Lorne pointed that > > out when they were discussing the issue of the Beast and the alley and > > Connor's birth spot. > > Yep, there are obviously other places all over the world where this > stuff happens, even if they're not called hellmouths. > > > GUNN > We���re assuming it���s a big connect-the-dot that Connor and the devilly > guy have this alley in common but isn���t this alley right behind Caritas< > or at least what���s left of it? > > LORNE > Yeah, that whole block is a big fat interdimensional happenin��� hot spot. > > CORDELIA > Except this thing didn���t emerge from a portal so much as a pothole. Does L.A. need anything special to be evil?

2003-02-11 22:51:05+00:00 - Re: Hellmouth in Sunnydale...what's in LA? - (Rob Myers <robm@robmyers.removethisspamblocker.net>)

In article <3e495275.24633742@news1.ns.sympatico.ca>, Shapeshifter <jeffron@nopenpals.com> wrote: > One Slayer at the Hellmouth, right? To control the baddies. No. This slayer just happened to move (or was compelled by mystical forces) to live in Sunnydale. Slayers have lived everywhere throughout history, wherever they are needed. Also the nexus of evil under the school may be The Hellmouth or just a hellmouth. -- rob m at rob myers dot net

2003-02-11 22:52:31-05:00 - Re: Hellmouth in Sunnydale...what's in LA? - (Arnold Kim <kim5@erols.com>)

"PJ Browning" <antarian@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:antarian-35DA10.11565611022003@newssvr19-ext.news.prodigy.com... > In article <3e495275.24633742@news1.ns.sympatico.ca>, > jeffron@nopenpals.com (Shapeshifter) wrote: > > > Demons must come from > > everywhere, not just the Hellmouth since there seem to be so many in > > LA for Angel and Co. to fight. > > the Hellmouth isn't the source of the baddies. they are drawn to it > because it's a cosmic hotspot. A place where magical power is > concentrated. that concentration of power makes certain fun games a lot > easier. > > there are hotspots in L.A. also. Caritas (at least the last one) was > built on a city block that was one major hot spot. Lorne pointed that > out when they were discussing the issue of the Beast and the alley and > Connor's birth spot. I've always been of the opinion that the reason why LA has so much demon activity is that it's the closest big city to the Hellmouth, so there would be a lot of demons passing through. Many of them would probably choose to stay because it's easier to operate below radar among a few million people than among tens of thousands. Arnold Kim

2003-02-11 23:02:02-05:00 - Re: Hellmouth in Sunnydale...what's in LA? - (David Cheatham <david@creeknet.com>)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:44:03 -0500, DarkMagic wrote: > > > "Shapeshifter" <jeffron@nopenpals.com> wrote in message > news:3e495275.24633742@news1.ns.sympatico.ca... >> One Slayer at the Hellmouth, right? To control the baddies. If that's >> all that's needed, then what's with all the demonic presence in LA. Is >> there another Hellmouth we don't know about? Or doesn't TPTB care about >> anywhere else but the Hellmouth? Demons must come from everywhere, not >> just the Hellmouth since there seem to be so many in LA for Angel and >> Co. to fight. > > I seem to recall an episode of BtVS, I think, that mentioned one more > major hot spot in the U.S. and it was like Muncie, Indiana, or some other > very innocuous sounding mid-western city. You're thinking of Cleveland, which was a hotspot in the Wishverse. Probably not in the real Buffyverse, though. -- David Cheatham <david@creeknet.com> NOYFB, P

2003-02-12 11:30:27-05:00 - Re: Hellmouth in Sunnydale...what's in LA? - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

"David Cheatham" <david@creeknet.com> wrote in message news:pan.2003.02.12.04.01.54.606154@creeknet.com... > On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:44:03 -0500, DarkMagic wrote: > > > > > > > "Shapeshifter" <jeffron@nopenpals.com> wrote in message > > news:3e495275.24633742@news1.ns.sympatico.ca... > >> One Slayer at the Hellmouth, right? To control the baddies. If that's > >> all that's needed, then what's with all the demonic presence in LA. Is > >> there another Hellmouth we don't know about? Or doesn't TPTB care about > >> anywhere else but the Hellmouth? Demons must come from everywhere, not > >> just the Hellmouth since there seem to be so many in LA for Angel and > >> Co. to fight. > > > > I seem to recall an episode of BtVS, I think, that mentioned one more > > major hot spot in the U.S. and it was like Muncie, Indiana, or some other > > very innocuous sounding mid-western city. > > You're thinking of Cleveland, which was a hotspot in the Wishverse. > Probably not in the real Buffyverse, though. Ahhh, yes. It's coming back to me now. I believe the entrance to the Cleveland Hell-Mouth is located in the basement of the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame. *Very* scary place. ;) > > -- Shannon If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right.