FLM films - My Webpage

2003-04-27 09:00:21-07:00 - Buffy Movie - (DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com)

Mabye what JW should do is make a BTVS movie but this time do it right. SMG doesn't want to do it, have Lucy Lui star as Buffy and this time do it as a straight movie modeled after the series. Then maybe they could have Lucy Lui (or whoever takes the Buffy role) take the movie to a new series that would replace BTVS. Mabye we should cast Angelina Jolie as Buffy. Since SMG doesn't want the role there are others who could be cast. (Lucy Lawless?)

2003-04-27 15:57:19-05:00 - Re: Buffy Movie - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <NdVqa.126871$Fz1.1386144@news.easynews.com>, "Harry the Horse" <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com> wrote: > "dw" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:d9f58d9d.0304270800.354a4b7a@posting.google.com... > > Mabye what JW should do is make a BTVS movie > > but this time do it right. > > > > SMG doesn't want to do it, have Lucy Lui star as > > Buffy and this time do it as a straight > > movie modeled after the series. > > > Other than making a quick buck, I can't see whatever motive Joss could > have for making a Buffy movie. He's said everything he wants to about this > character. How do you know how much he wants to say with this character? If Sarah hadn't decided to leave, he's on record as saying he would have been in favor of an 8th season.

2003-04-27 16:57:28+00:00 - Re: Buffy Movie - (hobbymanchris@aol.com)

2003-04-27 18:22:37+00:00 - Re: Buffy Movie - (Harry the Horse <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com>)

"dw" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d9f58d9d.0304270800.354a4b7a@posting.google.com... > Mabye what JW should do is make a BTVS movie > but this time do it right. > > SMG doesn't want to do it, have Lucy Lui star as > Buffy and this time do it as a straight > movie modeled after the series. > Other than making a quick buck, I can't see whatever motive Joss could have for making a Buffy movie. He's said everything he wants to about this character. Let Buffy rest, it's over.

2003-04-27 20:07:01-05:00 - Re: Buffy Movie - ("Mathew R. Ignash" <mathewignash@comcast.net>)

On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 18:22:37 GMT, "Harry the Horse" wrote: > "dw" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:d9f58d9d.0304270800.354a4b7a@posting.google.com... > > Mabye what JW should do is make a BTVS movie > > but this time do it right. > > > > SMG doesn't want to do it, have Lucy Lui star as > > Buffy and this time do it as a straight > > movie modeled after the series. > > > Other than making a quick buck, I can't see whatever motive Joss could have > for making a Buffy movie. He's said everything he wants to about this > character. Let Buffy rest, it's over. Fine, make a movie based on some new character, but in the Buffyverse. If SMG doesn't want in, retire of kill Buffy and move on. Wouldn't hurt my feelings. I don't watch just to see her skinny ass every week. -- Mathew Homepage - http://mathew.fcpages.com/ Angel web site - http://angel.fcpages.com/

2003-04-27 22:40:51-05:00 - Re: Buffy Movie - (BTR1701 <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com>)

In article <1051484940.8651.0@eunomia.uk.clara.net>, "Harry the Horse" <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com> wrote: > "BTR1701" <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message > news:BTR1702-989559.15571927042003@nntp.ix.netcom.com... > > In article <NdVqa.126871$Fz1.1386144@news.easynews.com>, "Harry the > > Horse" <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > > > "dw" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > > news:d9f58d9d.0304270800.354a4b7a@posting.google.com... > > > > Mabye what JW should do is make a BTVS movie > > > > but this time do it right. > > > > > > > > SMG doesn't want to do it, have Lucy Lui star as > > > > Buffy and this time do it as a straight > > > > movie modeled after the series. > > > > > > > Other than making a quick buck, I can't see whatever motive Joss > > > could have for making a Buffy movie. He's said everything he wants to > > > about this character. > > > > How do you know how much he wants to say with this character? > > > I don't. I am speculating from published interviews and comment. Interesting, considering (as I said in the bit you snipped) that he's on record as saying he would have been in favor of an 8th season if Gellar hadn't opted out. > You want verified facts then buy an encyclopedia, 'cos usenet is the wrong place > to look. So you're saying Joss Whedon's intention regarding the Buffy character can be found in an encyclopedia? Wow. I had no idea. And if you're just specualting, the proper form for your comment would have been: "I think he's said everything he wants to about this character." instead of "He's said everything he wants to about this character." One is specualtive, the other is declarative. I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which.

2003-04-28 00:14:27+01:00 - Re: Buffy Movie - (Harry the Horse <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com>)

"BTR1701" <BTR1702@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:BTR1702-989559.15571927042003@nntp.ix.netcom.com... > In article <NdVqa.126871$Fz1.1386144@news.easynews.com>, "Harry the > Horse" <HarryAtTheStable@hotmail.com> wrote: > > > "dw" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > news:d9f58d9d.0304270800.354a4b7a@posting.google.com... > > > Mabye what JW should do is make a BTVS movie > > > but this time do it right. > > > > > > SMG doesn't want to do it, have Lucy Lui star as > > > Buffy and this time do it as a straight > > > movie modeled after the series. > > > > > Other than making a quick buck, I can't see whatever motive Joss could > > have for making a Buffy movie. He's said everything he wants to about this > > character. > > How do you know how much he wants to say with this character? > I don't. I am speculating from published interviews and comment. You want verified facts then buy an encyclopedia, 'cos usenet is the wrong place to look.

2003-04-28 00:56:01+00:00 - Re: Buffy Movie - (Aethelrede <aethelrede@worldnet.att.net>)

dw wrote in message ... >Mabye what JW should do is make a BTVS movie >but this time do it right. > >SMG doesn't want to do it, have Lucy Lui star as >Buffy and this time do it as a straight >movie modeled after the series. > >Then maybe they could have Lucy Lui (or whoever >takes the Buffy role) take the movie to a new >series that would replace BTVS. > >Mabye we should cast >Angelina Jolie as Buffy. > >Since SMG doesn't want the role there are others >who could be cast. (Lucy Lawless?) You must be kidding. LL could no more fit as Buffy than than she could play Juliet. She's even older than CC and she hasn't acted in years, she hasn't done much in years except have babies. And the whole basis of BTVS is a tiny ditzy blonde fighting and killing vampires and demons. It's interesting someone should take one woman who pretty much created a one-shot TV character as a possible replacement for another woman who pretty much created another one-shot TV character. I'm going to be really surprised if SMG has any sort of great acting career. Scooby Doo Too may make money, but it's not going to be a classic film. And surely they won't bring out a third?

2003-04-28 11:38:22-05:00 - Re: Buffy Movie - (BrandyE <ross_n_brandy@centurytel.net>)

I'd love to see a spin off series with members of the ensemble cast but without Buffy. Whether it focused on a new slayer or simply the gang (plus or minus some)fighting mystical evil - I'd be there. While I don't dislike Buffy - she has never been my favorite character on the show, by far. I don't, however, see this happening. :0( "Mathew R. Ignash" <mathewignash@comcast.net> wrote in message news:9247120729204851.NC-1.55.mathewignash@news.mi.comcast.giganews.com... > On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 18:22:37 GMT, "Harry the Horse" wrote: > > > "dw" <DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > news:d9f58d9d.0304270800.354a4b7a@posting.google.com... > > > Mabye what JW should do is make a BTVS movie > > > but this time do it right. > > > > > > SMG doesn't want to do it, have Lucy Lui star as > > > Buffy and this time do it as a straight > > > movie modeled after the series. > > > > > Other than making a quick buck, I can't see whatever motive Joss could have > > for making a Buffy movie. He's said everything he wants to about this > > character. Let Buffy rest, it's over. > > Fine, make a movie based on some new character, but in the Buffyverse. If SMG > doesn't want in, retire of kill Buffy and move on. Wouldn't hurt my feelings. I > don't watch just to see her skinny ass every week. > > -- > Mathew > Homepage - http://mathew.fcpages.com/ > Angel web site - http://angel.fcpages.com/ >

2003-04-28 13:52:05+00:00 - Re: Buffy Movie - (dsueme@core.com)

On 27 Apr 2003 09:00:21 -0700, DrWoodardOnDS@hotmail.com (dw) wrote: You should get out more. >Mabye what JW should do is make a BTVS movie >but this time do it right. > >SMG doesn't want to do it, have Lucy Lui star as >Buffy and this time do it as a straight >movie modeled after the series. > >Then maybe they could have Lucy Lui (or whoever >takes the Buffy role) take the movie to a new >series that would replace BTVS. > >Mabye we should cast >Angelina Jolie as Buffy. > >Since SMG doesn't want the role there are others >who could be cast. (Lucy Lawless?) When the Prime Minister spoke yesterday I thought to myself, "I hope I'll be able to give a speech like that when I grow up" - Bill Clinton, October 2, 2002 http://my.core.com/~dsueme/power%20lines%20mail.JPG