FLM films - My Webpage

2003-02-03 13:19:21-08:00 - Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - (reldevik@usa.net)

Apologies if this has been asked before and I missed the thread. I was wondering, just in case we haven't seen the last of the Turok-Han and others appear in future episodes, what would happen if a Turok-Han drained a human and got the human to drink some of its blood? Would the human become a Turok-Han? Would the human become a regular vampire? Would the human just be dead? It'd be interesting if that happened later this season. After the rising of the first Turok-Han at the end of Never Leave Me and before its demise at Buffy's hands in Showtime, could it have gone around Sunnydale preying on various citizens and perhaps turning some of them? I wonder. With its ability to enter people's houses by force, you'd think it could have slaughtered half of Sunnydale if it wanted to, before Buffy dealt with it. Of course we know it was busy beating Spike up part of the time, but I figure the Turok-Han also must have gotten hungry. And several days went by while Spike was in captivity; it couldn't have spent all its time being mean to Spike. So what might be some of the continuing repercussions of the Turok-Han's stay in Sunnydale, and its feeding there? Clairel

[...]

2003-02-03 14:21:28-08:00 - Re: Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Clairel wrote: > > Apologies if this has been asked before and I missed the thread. > > I was wondering, just in case we haven't seen the last of the > Turok-Han and others appear in future episodes, what would happen if a > Turok-Han drained a human and got the human to drink some of its > blood? Would the human become a Turok-Han? Would the human become a > regular vampire? Would the human just be dead? > > It'd be interesting if that happened later this season. After the > rising of the first Turok-Han at the end of Never Leave Me and before > its demise at Buffy's hands in Showtime, could it have gone around > Sunnydale preying on various citizens and perhaps turning some of > them? I wonder. With its ability to enter people's houses by force, > you'd think it could have slaughtered half of Sunnydale if it wanted > to, before Buffy dealt with it. > > Of course we know it was busy beating Spike up part of the time, but I > figure the Turok-Han also must have gotten hungry. And several days > went by while Spike was in captivity; it couldn't have spent all its > time being mean to Spike. So what might be some of the continuing > repercussions of the Turok-Han's stay in Sunnydale, and its feeding > there? > > Clairel You'd think that Willow would notice another increase in the missing persons reports if that was happening. Also, eating and turning are different processes. Ubie could have been feeding regularly, but not turning anyone. Everyone expects more Ubies, but now that the Scoobies know to check missing persons as well as deaths, I'd think they would catch on rather quickly. I'd think future Ubies will arrive another way. Do harbingers have human blood? Maybe that's why there weren't any harbingers left in the cave to guard Spike when Buffy came for him.

2003-02-03 18:08:45-05:00 - Re: Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

"Clairel" <reldevik@usa.net> wrote in message news:1faed770.0302031319.20e19273@posting.google.com... > Apologies if this has been asked before and I missed the thread. > > I was wondering, just in case we haven't seen the last of the > Turok-Han and others appear in future episodes, what would happen if a > Turok-Han drained a human and got the human to drink some of its > blood? Would the human become a Turok-Han? Would the human become a > regular vampire? Would the human just be dead? > > It'd be interesting if that happened later this season. After the > rising of the first Turok-Han at the end of Never Leave Me and before > its demise at Buffy's hands in Showtime, could it have gone around > Sunnydale preying on various citizens and perhaps turning some of > them? I wonder. With its ability to enter people's houses by force, > you'd think it could have slaughtered half of Sunnydale if it wanted > to, before Buffy dealt with it. > > Of course we know it was busy beating Spike up part of the time, but I > figure the Turok-Han also must have gotten hungry. And several days > went by while Spike was in captivity; it couldn't have spent all its > time being mean to Spike. So what might be some of the continuing > repercussions of the Turok-Han's stay in Sunnydale, and its feeding > there? > The Turok-Han is pure demon. It was never human, therefore it doesn't have the need to feast on humans to sustain itself. Or the desire to initiate humans into it's demonic lifestyle. -- Shannon If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right.

2003-02-03 18:56:49-08:00 - Re: Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - (sam_14042@yahoo.com)

"DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<CoWcnTzDZ-Nma6OjXTWcqw@comcast.com>... > "Clairel" <reldevik@usa.net> wrote in message > news:1faed770.0302031319.20e19273@posting.google.com... > > Apologies if this has been asked before and I missed the thread. > > > > I was wondering, just in case we haven't seen the last of the > > Turok-Han and others appear in future episodes, what would happen if a > > Turok-Han drained a human and got the human to drink some of its > > blood? Would the human become a Turok-Han? Would the human become a > > regular vampire? Would the human just be dead? > > > > It'd be interesting if that happened later this season. After the > > rising of the first Turok-Han at the end of Never Leave Me and before > > its demise at Buffy's hands in Showtime, could it have gone around > > Sunnydale preying on various citizens and perhaps turning some of > > them? I wonder. With its ability to enter people's houses by force, > > you'd think it could have slaughtered half of Sunnydale if it wanted > > to, before Buffy dealt with it. > > > > Of course we know it was busy beating Spike up part of the time, but I > > figure the Turok-Han also must have gotten hungry. And several days > > went by while Spike was in captivity; it couldn't have spent all its > > time being mean to Spike. So what might be some of the continuing > > repercussions of the Turok-Han's stay in Sunnydale, and its feeding > > there? > > > The Turok-Han is pure demon. It was never human, therefore it doesn't have > the need to feast on humans to sustain itself. Or the desire to initiate > humans into it's demonic lifestyle. What makes you say that? It isn't stated anywhere in the episode. In fact, quite the contrary -- it's stated to be an early kind of vampire. A different kind of vampire from the modern sort, yes, but still a vampire. Which means it isn't a pure demon. Just purer than the usual sort. Anyway, we've seen what the demon that bit the first vampire looked like, in Pylea. The Turok-Han wasn't it.

2003-02-03 19:26:14-08:00 - Re: Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - (reldevik@usa.net)

"DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<CoWcnTzDZ-Nma6OjXTWcqw@comcast.com>... > "Clairel" <reldevik@usa.net> wrote in message > news:1faed770.0302031319.20e19273@posting.google.com... > > Apologies if this has been asked before and I missed the thread. > > > > I was wondering, just in case we haven't seen the last of the > > Turok-Han and others appear in future episodes, what would happen if a > > Turok-Han drained a human and got the human to drink some of its > > blood? Would the human become a Turok-Han? Would the human become a > > regular vampire? Would the human just be dead? > > > > It'd be interesting if that happened later this season. After the > > rising of the first Turok-Han at the end of Never Leave Me and before > > its demise at Buffy's hands in Showtime, could it have gone around > > Sunnydale preying on various citizens and perhaps turning some of > > them? I wonder. With its ability to enter people's houses by force, > > you'd think it could have slaughtered half of Sunnydale if it wanted > > to, before Buffy dealt with it. > > > > Of course we know it was busy beating Spike up part of the time, but I > > figure the Turok-Han also must have gotten hungry. And several days > > went by while Spike was in captivity; it couldn't have spent all its > > time being mean to Spike. So what might be some of the continuing > > repercussions of the Turok-Han's stay in Sunnydale, and its feeding > > there? > > > The Turok-Han is pure demon. It was never human, therefore it doesn't have > the need to feast on humans to sustain itself. Or the desire to initiate > humans into it's demonic lifestyle. --You may be right that it has no desire to turn humans, but the Turok-Han *is* described as a vampire, so I should think that it would at least need to drink blood to sustain itself. If not, then why not just call it the Uberdemon rather than the Ubervamp? Clairel

[...]

2003-02-03 19:45:54-08:00 - Re: Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - (Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com>)

Clairel wrote: > > > --You may be right that it has no desire to turn humans, but the > Turok-Han *is* described as a vampire, so I should think that it would > at least need to drink blood to sustain itself. > > If not, then why not just call it the Uberdemon rather than the > Ubervamp? > > Clairel Uberdemon may well have been a better name. Just having a taste for blood doesn't make him a vampire. Gnarl had a taste for blood. Your average everyday carnivore has a taste for blood. What makes a vampire unique and repulsive is that it is an animated human corpse, feeding on human blood. It could be considered a form a cannibalism. Having never been human, Ubie isn't really different from any other carnivore that might feed on human beings.

2003-02-03 23:42:10-08:00 - Re: Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - (sam_14042@yahoo.com)

Carmikl <Carmikl@rcn.com> wrote in message news:<3E3F3772.48EBE590@rcn.com>... > Clairel wrote: > > > > > > > --You may be right that it has no desire to turn humans, but the > > Turok-Han *is* described as a vampire, so I should think that it would > > at least need to drink blood to sustain itself. > > > > If not, then why not just call it the Uberdemon rather than the > > Ubervamp? > > > > Clairel > > Uberdemon may well have been a better name. Just having a taste for > blood doesn't make him a vampire. Gnarl had a taste for blood. Your > average everyday carnivore has a taste for blood. > > What makes a vampire unique and repulsive is that it is an animated > human corpse, feeding on human blood. It could be considered a form a > cannibalism. Having never been human, Ubie isn't really different from > any other carnivore that might feed on human beings. And once more, where did they ever say that the Ubervamp was never human?

2003-02-04 02:23:06+00:00 - Re: Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - (First Fallen <nope@nope.com>)

2003-02-04 05:20:57-05:00 - Re: Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - ("Mathew R. Ignash" <mathewignash@comcast.net>)

On 3 Feb 2003 13:19:21 -0800, reldevik@usa.net (Clairel) wrote: > Apologies if this has been asked before and I missed the thread. > > I was wondering, just in case we haven't seen the last of the > Turok-Han and others appear in future episodes, what would happen if a > Turok-Han drained a human and got the human to drink some of its > blood? Would the human become a Turok-Han? Would the human become a > regular vampire? Would the human just be dead? More importantly, did the TUrok-Han turn Annabelle? Potential slayer turned Turok-Han! Scarry! -- Mathew Homepage - http://mathew.fcpages.com/ Angel web site - http://angel.fcpages.com/

2003-02-04 07:01:49-08:00 - Re: Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - (smaug86@yahoo.com)

"DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<CoWcnTzDZ-Nma6OjXTWcqw@comcast.com>... > "Clairel" <reldevik@usa.net> wrote in message > news:1faed770.0302031319.20e19273@posting.google.com... > > Apologies if this has been asked before and I missed the thread. > > > > I was wondering, just in case we haven't seen the last of the > > Turok-Han and others appear in future episodes, what would happen if a > > Turok-Han drained a human and got the human to drink some of its > > blood? Would the human become a Turok-Han? Would the human become a > > regular vampire? Would the human just be dead? > > > > It'd be interesting if that happened later this season. After the > > rising of the first Turok-Han at the end of Never Leave Me and before > > its demise at Buffy's hands in Showtime, could it have gone around > > Sunnydale preying on various citizens and perhaps turning some of > > them? I wonder. With its ability to enter people's houses by force, > > you'd think it could have slaughtered half of Sunnydale if it wanted > > to, before Buffy dealt with it. > > > > Of course we know it was busy beating Spike up part of the time, but I > > figure the Turok-Han also must have gotten hungry. And several days > > went by while Spike was in captivity; it couldn't have spent all its > > time being mean to Spike. So what might be some of the continuing > > repercussions of the Turok-Han's stay in Sunnydale, and its feeding > > there? > > > The Turok-Han is pure demon. No, it isn't. It's a vampire- not of the same species as what we have seen before on the show, but a vampire nonetheless. It's only a vestige of a pure demon. > It was never human, therefore it doesn't have > the need to feast on humans to sustain itself. Or the desire to initiate > humans into it's demonic lifestyle. I don't know where you got this info from, but it was never said onscreen. We only saw one of them and it was under the control of the First. We have seen nothing onscreen that says that some types of vampires cannot make more vampires. They all have this ability. Smaug69

2003-02-04 09:35:49-05:00 - Re: Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - (DarkMagic <slnospambilan@comcast.net>)

"First Fallen" <nope@nope.com> wrote in message news:euF%9.181769$Yo4.7985219@news1.calgary.shaw.ca... > > The Turok-Han is pure demon. It was never human, therefore it doesn't > have > > the need to feast on humans to sustain itself. Or the desire to initiate > > humans into it's demonic lifestyle. > > How do you know? I don't *know*. But, based on the fact that we never saw Ubie feed on, or turn a human, and he had the opportunity, I'm going to say he doesn't have that urge. I got the impression from what Giles said, that they were > a seperate kind of vampire. As he put it, they are to vampires what > Neanderthals are to humans. He also said that they are the vampire that vampires fear. Which, implies to me that they are a greater threat to vampires than they are to humans. And, certainly, Ubie seemed to derive more satisfaction from trying to drown Spike than anything else. > > -- Shannon If loving Buffy is wrong, I don't want to be right.

2003-02-04 21:30:19-05:00 - Re: Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - (Morpheus <carterr@miskatonic.edu>)

"DarkMagic" <slnospambilan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ioicnaMGV6rZTaKjXTWcrg@comcast.com... > > > "First Fallen" <nope@nope.com> wrote in message > news:euF%9.181769$Yo4.7985219@news1.calgary.shaw.ca... > > > The Turok-Han is pure demon. It was never human, therefore it doesn't > > have > > > the need to feast on humans to sustain itself. Or the desire to > initiate > > > humans into it's demonic lifestyle. > > > > How do you know? > > I don't *know*. But, based on the fact that we never saw Ubie feed on, or > turn a human, and he had the opportunity, I'm going to say he doesn't have > that urge. > > I got the impression from what Giles said, that they were > > a seperate kind of vampire. As he put it, they are to vampires what > > Neanderthals are to humans. > > He also said that they are the vampire that vampires fear. Which, implies > to me that they are a greater threat to vampires than they are to humans. > And, certainly, Ubie seemed to derive more satisfaction from trying to drown > Spike than anything else. Interesting idea, do Turok-Hans feed on vampire blood?

2003-02-05 04:46:44+00:00 - Re: Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - (Smaug69 <smaug69xx@carolinaxx.rrxx.com>)

2003-02-05 04:46:44+00:00 - Re: Can a Turok-Han turn a human? - (Smaug69 <smaug69xx@carolinaxx.rrxx.com>)