FLM films - My Webpage

2003-05-02 14:45:24-07:00 - Re: My Fantasy Scenario re Sarah - (wtfan_ny@yahoo.com)

fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote in message news:<20030502143336.25548.00000374@mb-m21.aol.com>... > In my fantasy, Sarah Michelle Gellar is outraged, yes outraged, over Season 6 > and the degradation of poor Spike from anti hero to Diet Coke of Evil status. > How dare they make Buffy an abusive shrew, and Spike a nigh-rapist, egg dealer > and wearer of tacky clothes? > > In righteous indignation over the treatment of Buffy and her dear Spikelet, she > refuses to come back after S7 or attend the party. Her parting words to ME > are: "This Rose weirdo was right about Season 6. If Spike moves to Angel you'd > better be nice to him!" before she swept away into the night to pursue a > glorious career. > > So in my fantasy, Sarah is my CHAMPION! :) But SMG has gone on record as saying that she thought the Buffy/Spike sex on the balcony was out of character for Buffy. A conclusion can be drawn that SMG is not pro-Spuffy. Just because she cares about James Marsters doesn't mean she was upset about what became of his character. Rather, I think SMG was upset (and rightly so) about what had been done to her own character (FTR, I think Buffy was fine in the beginning of S6, but it became apparent near the end that the writers weren't going to turn her back. If they had, I would have been fine with the story.)

[...]

2003-05-02 18:33:36+00:00 - My Fantasy Scenario re Sarah - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

In my fantasy, Sarah Michelle Gellar is outraged, yes outraged, over Season 6 and the degradation of poor Spike from anti hero to Diet Coke of Evil status. How dare they make Buffy an abusive shrew, and Spike a nigh-rapist, egg dealer and wearer of tacky clothes? In righteous indignation over the treatment of Buffy and her dear Spikelet, she refuses to come back after S7 or attend the party. Her parting words to ME are: "This Rose weirdo was right about Season 6. If Spike moves to Angel you'd better be nice to him!" before she swept away into the night to pursue a glorious career. So in my fantasy, Sarah is my CHAMPION! :) Rose Buffy, Spike and Angel: Existentialist heroes. Now I get it. Shutting up now. Save me Jasmine!

2003-05-02 19:43:59+00:00 - Re: My Fantasy Scenario re Sarah - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

"Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message news:20030502143336.25548.00000374@mb-m21.aol.com... > In my fantasy, Sarah Michelle Gellar is outraged, yes outraged, over Season 6 > and the degradation of poor Spike from anti hero to Diet Coke of Evil status. > How dare they make Buffy an abusive shrew, and Spike a nigh-rapist, egg dealer > and wearer of tacky clothes? > > In righteous indignation over the treatment of Buffy and her dear Spikelet, she > refuses to come back after S7 or attend the party. Her parting words to ME > are: "This Rose weirdo was right about Season 6. If Spike moves to Angel you'd > better be nice to him!" before she swept away into the night to pursue a > glorious career. > > So in my fantasy, Sarah is my CHAMPION! :) "Spikelet"? From hence forth ye shall never mock the word Spuffy again or get 20 lashings. And "Diet Coke of Evil"? I always saw the new Spike as more the "Mountain Dew of Evil" type or even the "Fresca of Evil", but I'm pretty sure newSpike contains no artificial sweeteners.

2003-05-02 23:24:17+00:00 - Re: My Fantasy Scenario re Sarah - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2003-05-02 23:44:43+00:00 - Re: My Fantasy Scenario re Sarah - (Jag@r.invalid)

Rose <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote: :>Subject: Re: My Fantasy Scenario re Sarah :>From: wtfan_ny@yahoo.com (Nick Cassaro) :>Date: 5/2/2003 2:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time :>Message-id: <db8f5127.0305021345.1471382f@posting.google.com> :> :>fylmfan@aol.comspam (Rose) wrote in message :>news:<20030502143336.25548.00000374@mb-m21.aol.com>... :>> In my fantasy, Sarah Michelle Gellar is outraged, yes outraged, over Season :>6 :>> and the degradation of poor Spike from anti hero to Diet Coke of Evil :>status. :>> How dare they make Buffy an abusive shrew, and Spike a nigh-rapist, egg :>dealer :>> and wearer of tacky clothes? :>> :>> In righteous indignation over the treatment of Buffy and her dear Spikelet, :>she :>> refuses to come back after S7 or attend the party. Her parting words to ME :>> are: "This Rose weirdo was right about Season 6. If Spike moves to Angel :>you'd :>> better be nice to him!" before she swept away into the night to pursue a :>> glorious career. :>> :>> So in my fantasy, Sarah is my CHAMPION! :) :> :>But SMG has gone on record as saying that she thought the Buffy/Spike :>sex on the balcony was out of character for Buffy. A conclusion can :>be drawn that SMG is not pro-Spuffy. : : It CAN be drawn but I don't draw it. Buffy suggested Spike/Buffy back in S2 or : S3. Wow, she did?! Seems strange considering her reactions in season 5, especially _Crush_. Continuity is obviously not the writers' strong point. Weird that I missed that episode though, but if it's anything similar to _Something Blue_ I'm not sure the loss is mine... :) /Lars You can oppose balcony sex and still be pro-B/S. If I had my guess, I'd : say that Buffy is pro-B/S on a temporary basis and pro-B/A as the "forever : love." : :>Just because she cares about :>James Marsters doesn't mean she was upset about what became of his :>character. : : Did you read the part of this post where I said it was my fantasy scenario, : rather than based on any kind of personal knowledge? :) : : : Rose : Buffy, Spike and Angel: Existentialist heroes. Now I get it. Shutting up now. : Save me Jasmine! : : :

2003-05-03 07:16:02+00:00 - Re: My Fantasy Scenario re Sarah - (fylmfan@aol.comspam)

2003-05-03 10:49:17+00:00 - Re: My Fantasy Scenario re Sarah - (Ken <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message news:20030502143336.25548.00000374@mb-m21.aol.com... > In my fantasy, Sarah Michelle Gellar is outraged, yes outraged, over Season 6 > and the degradation of poor Spike from anti hero to Diet Coke of Evil status. > How dare they make Buffy an abusive shrew, and Spike a nigh-rapist, egg dealer > and wearer of tacky clothes? > > In righteous indignation over the treatment of Buffy and her dear Spikelet, she > refuses to come back after S7 or attend the party. Her parting words to ME > are: "This Rose weirdo was right about Season 6. If Spike moves to Angel you'd > better be nice to him!" before she swept away into the night to pursue a > glorious career. > > So in my fantasy, Sarah is my CHAMPION! :) > > > > Rose > Buffy, Spike and Angel: Existentialist heroes. Now I get it. Shutting up now. > Save me Jasmine! We'll always have musical. -- Ken from Chicago

2003-05-03 12:15:55+00:00 - Re: My Fantasy Scenario re Sarah - (Chris Zabel <alephnull@earthlink.net>)

"Nick Cassaro" <wtfan_ny@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:db8f5127.0305021345.1471382f@posting.google.com... > But SMG has gone on record as saying that she thought the Buffy/Spike > sex on the balcony was out of character for Buffy. A conclusion can > be drawn that SMG is not pro-Spuffy. Just because she cares about > James Marsters doesn't mean she was upset about what became of his > character. Rather, I think SMG was upset (and rightly so) about what > had been done to her own character (FTR, I think Buffy was fine in the > beginning of S6, but it became apparent near the end that the writers > weren't going to turn her back. If they had, I would have been fine > with the story.) I think what SMG didn't like is Marti's version of Spuffy, with Buffy being made an abuser and Spike the "bad boyfriend". I think SMG wanted the Spuffy relationship to go more like the romantic B/A stuff of the early seasons and didn't like the way the writers portrayed Buffy.

2003-05-03 14:10:15-04:00 - Re: My Fantasy Scenario re Sarah - (Morpheus <carterr@miskatonic.edu>)

"Chris Zabel" <alephnull@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:3Uzsa.51031$ey1.4680821@newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > "Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message > news:20030502143336.25548.00000374@mb-m21.aol.com... > > In my fantasy, Sarah Michelle Gellar is outraged, yes outraged, over > Season 6 > > and the degradation of poor Spike from anti hero to Diet Coke of Evil > status. > > How dare they make Buffy an abusive shrew, and Spike a nigh-rapist, egg > dealer > > and wearer of tacky clothes? > > > > In righteous indignation over the treatment of Buffy and her dear > Spikelet, she > > refuses to come back after S7 or attend the party. Her parting words to > ME > > are: "This Rose weirdo was right about Season 6. If Spike moves to Angel > you'd > > better be nice to him!" before she swept away into the night to pursue a > > glorious career. > > > > So in my fantasy, Sarah is my CHAMPION! :) > > > "Spikelet"? From hence forth ye shall never mock the word Spuffy again or > get 20 lashings. And "Diet Coke of Evil"? I always saw the new Spike as > more the "Mountain Dew of Evil" type or even the "Fresca of Evil", but I'm > pretty sure newSpike contains no artificial sweeteners. > He's definitely caffeine-free though.

[...]

2003-05-03 20:48:23-04:00 - Re: My Fantasy Scenario re Sarah - (Chelsea Christenson <Chelsea.Christenson@oracle.com>)

Rose wrote: > So in my fantasy, Sarah is my CHAMPION! :) Numerous horny fanboys had much higher expectations of this topic.

2003-05-04 02:57:08+00:00 - Re: My Fantasy Scenario re Sarah - (Ken <kwicker_erase_this_part@ameritech.net>)

"Chelsea Christenson" <Chelsea.Christenson@oracle.com> wrote in message news:3EB46357.FBC48C45@oracle.com... > Rose wrote: > > > So in my fantasy, Sarah is my CHAMPION! :) > > Numerous horny fanboys had much higher expectations of this topic. > They are too distracted by visions of housefuls of potentials camped out in Xander's apartment. -- Ken from Chicago

2003-05-05 17:03:27+00:00 - Re: My Fantasy Scenario re Sarah - (UN <unwilly@nomail.sbcglobal.net>)

"Rose" <fylmfan@aol.comspam> wrote in message news:20030502143336.25548.00000374@mb-m21.aol.com... > So in my fantasy, Sarah is my CHAMPION! :) Heh. Quite the fantasy construct. Though you really don't need to fantasize about your impact on the show. Season 6 was all for you. Un