FLM films - My Webpage

1998-02-07 00:00:00 - Re: about escape... - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

Hi Erin. Good to see you here. I agree. Especially the hands, but also the thigh.......... Suzita ZalmanFan1 wrote in message <19980209083001.DAA11339@ladder03.news.aol.com>... >For me, it wasn't so much the kiss as the way he touched her hands. Gooosebump >city....... > > >Erin

1998-02-08 00:00:00 - Re: about escape... - (Suzita <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net>)

I saw it once during reruns, but, back then my husband was still chatting at me during the shows and I had to take a phone call during 'the scene' (no I didn't tape it then, but I sure did tonight so it was like new for me. I love Madeline, too. She is the essence of how to get along in Section. Priceless smile when N tosses the junk at O. Ahh to see him concede to ANYTHING, but to do it twice - 1) Jericho's release, and 2) the cameras - well, I loved to see him pressed. You said something about the TV melting? I already called and ordered a new one. The tube 'fried' from electric overload. I also thought the scene when Nikita confronts him about it all being a ploy was exquisite. My heart broke for her at her realization. Although, in my romantic's head I want to see him stop being a bastard, I realized tonight that that scene defined his allure, to me. The darkness in him and his veiled actions compel me to keep coming back. But after seeing the dance scene, I am more confused about whether I want them together or not. Passion in action. Great ep. Suzita BabylonC wrote in message <19980209050600.AAA22516@ladder03.news.aol.com>... >This was the first time i had seen this episode, and now i am thrilled TPTB >decided to re-run it. fabulous. 2 things in particular really did it for me. > First and foremost, what a great madeline ep! She is definitely my favorite >character on the show. It has taken a while for her to reach that esteemed >position <g> but this episode just nailed it for me. I have never seen her >smile so much...or for that matter, speak so much. That discussion she had >with nikita re: michael was beautiful. And seeing ops question maddy's >judgement? well...it was new. (maybe this was pre-affair?) When nikita busted >in on the briefing and threw the camera onto the desk, maddy's reaction was >priceless. The fact that she reacts with emotion so rarely just makes every >small glimpse of an emotion that much more exciting to see. love her. > >anyway, the 2nd best thing about escape? that kiss. No, i am not a helpless >shipper...i actually prefer the slimy mike to the loving mike, but that kiss >practically melted my tv. Did you notice how he kept his eyes open as he >kissed her? He watched her the whole time. That was one of the sexiest things >i have ever seen. I love it so when he is a complete bastard. Keeps me tuning >in. Can't wait to see what happens when we find out the true depths of >michael's betrayal (ie. new eps). should get heated. > >I am sure most of you have seen this ep before, but did you discover anything >new this time around? share -E

1998-02-09 00:00:00 - about escape... - (babylonc@aol.com)

[...]

1998-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: about escape... - (zalmanfan1@aol.com)

For me, it wasn't so much the kiss as the way he touched her hands. Gooosebump city....... Erin

1998-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: about escape... - (Karen Malloy <KarenMalloy@worldnet.att.net>)

How about when Michael says, "We fight all the time just to stay alive, let's not fight what's between us. Let's take what we can get." *sigh*

1998-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: about escape... - (zalmanfan1@aol.com)

Suzita, <but also the thigh..........> Yes!!! Add <shivvers down spine> to the goosebump city!!! Erin

1998-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: about escape... - (Barbara Andrews <baandr1@worldnet.att.net>)

Hi everyone, I want to introduce myself to the newsgroup. Have been lurking for awhile. After watching Escape for the first time, I just got to defend N in season 2. I don't blame her for walking away in AZ. I don't blame her for telling M, J is not like you in SO, and I think her word Too Little, Too Late is right on the mark. What he did to her in Escape is horrible. The touching, the words, the kiss and it was a MANIPULATION TO PROTECT N. Did you see the expression on her face when she confronts him? And what does he do? WALKS AWAY. The poor girl is confused, hurt and she rightly shouldn't trust M. He sends too many mix signals. He betrayed her too many times (even in the spirit of the operation) Here comes Season2 and machine man decides to open up a little. Do you trust him? Is he being true to his feelings. H*ll I don't know and neither does N. I say "You Go Girl." Get strong and independent. Only then you can deal with M and his demons. BB Karen Malloy wrote in message <6bn599$q81@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>... >How about when Michael says, "We fight all the time just to stay alive, >let's not fight what's between us. Let's take what we can get." *sigh* > > >

1998-02-09 00:00:00 - Re: about escape... - (debgreg@webtv.net)

Barbara, you may not like what Michael did to Nikita in Escape, but did you stop to think why? You could tell from the first scene with Michael that he knew she had been contacted by Eric. If Michael knew, you can bet Mad and Ops knew. What a perfect loyalty test, three operatives at once. While Michael probably didn't care if Eric ran or not, he definitely cared if Nikita did. Everyone in Section knows if you run away you will be hunted down and cancelled. Here is Michael's problem. How does he save her life (again) without telling her? If he tells her Madeline's going to know. That's Michael's test. They are watching him to see if he will intefere. You could see Madeline watching Nikita in her little talk about Michael. She definitely would have known if he had warned her. The test for Eric and Nikita is whether they will actually run. In Michael's place, what else could he have done to make her want to stay? She's real mad at him, but she's still alive. It's a rerun, but it was nice to see the old Nikita again...smart, suspicious, careful. Oh, for the good old days! Debbie

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: about escape... - (delipha@aol.com)

I had not seen this episode before, but I watched with new eyes to see how Michael acted when Nikita questioned him on whether he knew all along. He sure used body language (i.e. looking away, walking away) when she hit the nail on the head to avoid answering her! I agree the Madeline's reactions were fabulous!

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: about escape... - (SuzieQ@no-where.com)

"Suzita" <SUGEO@worldnet.att.net> wrote: >Hi Erin. Good to see you here. > >I agree. Especially the hands, but also the thigh.......... > >Suzita > > > >ZalmanFan1 wrote in message ><19980209083001.DAA11339@ladder03.news.aol.com>... >>For me, it wasn't so much the kiss as the way he touched her hands. >Gooosebump >>city....... >> >> >>Erin > > Somehow, this was the first time I'd seen this ep, and all I can say is omygod!! my heart's still going pittypat...think I'll tape it Friday am... SueB :-)

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: about escape... - ("Drew J. Cornutt" <djcornutt@mindspring.com>)

Debbie Gregory wrote: > > Barbara, you may not like what Michael did to Nikita in Escape, but did > you stop to think why? > > You could tell from the first scene with Michael that he knew she had > been contacted by Eric. If Michael knew, you can bet Mad and Ops knew. > What a perfect loyalty test, three operatives at once. While Michael > probably didn't care if Eric ran or not, he definitely cared if Nikita > did. Everyone in Section knows if you run away you will be hunted down > and cancelled. Here is Michael's problem. How does he save her life > (again) without telling her? If he tells her Madeline's going to know. > That's Michael's test. They are watching him to see if he will > intefere. You could see Madeline watching Nikita in her little talk > about Michael. She definitely would have known if he had warned her. > The test for Eric and Nikita is whether they will actually run. In > Michael's place, what else could he have done to make her want to stay? > She's real mad at him, but she's still alive. > > It's a rerun, but it was nice to see the old Nikita again...smart, > suspicious, careful. Oh, for the good old days! > > Debbie Agree with you completely. Sam

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: about escape... - (Barbara Andrews <baandr1@worldnet.att.net>)

Debbie, I have to admit I started watching the show mid-season. And watched mostly re-runs out of order. My poor husband thinks I am nuts. Anyway, I felt real bad for Nikita in that ep. But I know Michael cares for her and was trying to save her life. Couldn't he have done it another way without playing on her emotions? B Debbie Gregory wrote in message <6boner$er7$1@newsd-134.iap.bryant.webtv.net>... Barbara, you may not like what Michael did to Nikita in Escape, but did you stop to think why? You could tell from the first scene with Michael that he knew she had been contacted by Eric. If Michael knew, you can bet Mad and Ops knew. What a perfect loyalty test, three operatives at once. While Michael probably didn't care if Eric ran or not, he definitely cared if Nikita did. Everyone in Section knows if you run away you will be hunted down and cancelled. Here is Michael's problem. How does he save her life (again) without telling her? If he tells her Madeline's going to know. That's Michael's test. They are watching him to see if he will intefere. You could see Madeline watching Nikita in her little talk about Michael. She definitely would have known if he had warned her. The test for Eric and Nikita is whether they will actually run. In Michael's place, what else could he have done to make her want to stay? She's real mad at him, but she's still alive. It's a rerun, but it was nice to see the old Nikita again...smart, suspicious, careful. Oh, for the good old days! Debbie

1998-02-10 00:00:00 - Re: about escape... - (debgreg@webtv.net)

Barbara, I can't really think of anything else Michael could have done. He didn't have much time to think of a plan, since he almost lost her on Eric's first try at the stadium. Did you notice Michael's reaction at the end when Nikita is hurt and asks him "why," and he says to "keep you alive." Then she asks "why, why bother?" His eyes flinch away, he pauses, then turns and walks away. He cares, but just can't seem to spit it out. I can't decide which is my favorite ep, this one or Love (next week). By the way, for anyone who has not seen Love, it is about the only one where Nikita is not manipulated. She holds her own pretty well in that one. Ahh, another sighting of the old Nikita. Debbie